Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: Ride/Park Database Changes

Any chance Scrambler will be added for Valleyfair?
    YOUR HATRED AMUSES ME
    Favorites: Amusement Park: 1. Cedar Point 2. SFGAm 3. Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1. The Voyage 2. Viper 3. The Boss 4. Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: 1. Millennium Force 2. Top Thrill Dragster 3. Maverick 4. Raging Bull 5. Raptor

Scrambler added. I couldn't find too much info on it though, other than the thing has a rickety-jankness look to it.
    '11 Area Supervisor, Merch & Games, Michigan's Adventure '10 Area Supervisor, Games, Michigan's Adventure
    '09 Area Supervisor, Merch, Michigan's Adventure '08 Area Supervisor, Merch, Six Flags Over Texas
    '07 Area Supervisor, Merch, Cedar Point '06 Ride Operator, Batman:TR, SFGAM
    '05 Front Desk, Disney's BoardWalk Inn & Villas, WDW '04 Sales Associate, Merchandise, CP
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Knoebels | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

I got some more info to added to the Darien Lake page

. The Mind Eraser has a red track with teal supports and you guys said it has green supports, that's wrong!
    . One of the features of Viper is a photo spot and rider can buy thier on ride photo at a shack at the exit.
    . Dispy Diver is themed as a submarine
    . The past ride names for Raft Adventures were "Rafts of Romance" (1999-2006)and "Sea Hag Island" (1996-1998)
    . Raft Adventure operated from 1996-2009
    . Twister is designed to look lik it's made of wood
    . Tornado has blue and yellow checkerboard design
    . Motocoaster has a gray track with yellow supports
    . Boomerang has a teal track

I'm the good looking one Steven's Avatar
    That first point seems a bit abrasive in saying that's wrong (in the way you said it), but we'll get our DB editors to update it.

We try to get everything correct, but if it's off, just point out what you think it should be.

Thanks
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum

^ I've got more info about Darien Lake!

. Floogate Falls featured gentle hills
    . Twisty Tubs is made to look like cans of spinach
    . The past names for Brain Teaser were "Nessie the Dreamy Dragon" (1988-1996) and Ladybug (1980-1987)
    . Brain Teaser has a red track with teal supports and a caterpillar shaped train
    . 'Cuda Falls' features are 3' foot deep end pool, the yellow slide has a rapids features, the green slide has misters, the teal and blue slides have dark tunnels
    . Brain Teaser uses lapbars for restraints

Darien Lake has been updated
    '11 Area Supervisor, Merch & Games, Michigan's Adventure '10 Area Supervisor, Games, Michigan's Adventure
    '09 Area Supervisor, Merch, Michigan's Adventure '08 Area Supervisor, Merch, Six Flags Over Texas
    '07 Area Supervisor, Merch, Cedar Point '06 Ride Operator, Batman:TR, SFGAM
    '05 Front Desk, Disney's BoardWalk Inn & Villas, WDW '04 Sales Associate, Merchandise, CP
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Knoebels | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

^ I've even got more info about Darien Lake!

. The Giant Wheel was at the 1982 World's Fair before moving to Darien Lake in 1983
    . The area that 'Cuda Falls is in is called Barracuda Bay
    . Motocoaster stands were the campground pools were
    . Reservations are required to ride to Skycoaster
    . Skycoaster and Slingshot have an addtional charge from park admission
    . Crazy Quilt was named "Sidewinder" sometime in the 1990s to 1999
    . Lasso's original location is now "The Emporium" gift shop
    . Crazy Quilt had five gondolas with umbrellas on top
    . The Mind Eraser had a mist feature
    . Funtime Junction needs to be added to the past rides, was a Chance Rides C.P. Huntington Train ride with tracks that went around Elk Lake, operated from 1991-1997
    . The past names for Dipsy Diver were "Daffy's Diver" 1999-2006 and S.S. Popeye 1996-1998
    Last edited by Pikapower; 09-20-2011 at 09:07 PM.

I don't want to make a big post but I got some info on Martin's Fantasy Island and more on Darien Lake as well

MFI
    . The Silver Comet has a rainbow colored train
    . Wild Cat operated from 1972-2004
    . Raging Rapids need to be added to the water rides, they are a set of two mat water slide

Darien Lake
    . Shipwreck Falls replaced a set of water slides called "Cascade Canyon"
    . Cascade Canyon need to be added to the past rides, operated from 1982-2001

I've been working on the waterparks and MFI is on my list of parks to add. SplashTown at Darien Lake is in the database, no rides added yet, its on my "short list." Do you know if Cascade Canyon was a part of the beginnings of the waterpark or when the waterpark got started? Sources for this info would be helpful.
    Thrillnetwork Database Lead Editor (formerly coasterb)

Don't forget to log your rides in the database!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ravine Flyer II | Steel Roller Coaster: Diamondback

^ I think Cascade Canyon was Darien Lake second water slide complex, thier first one was Rainbow Mountain (needs to be added) which operated from 1981-1993 (replaced by 'Cuda Falls in 1994).

. Raging Rapids at Martin's Fantasy Island opened in 1984
    . Viper at Darien Lake used operate with three trains
    . BMX Motocross at Darien Lake uses seatbelts as restraints and features a gentle hill that motocyles jump off of and a blue and yellow umbrella covering the ride
    Last edited by Pikapower; 09-27-2011 at 09:25 PM.

2012 Coaster Draft Champion Vince's Avatar
    The three notations above have been added to the database.
    Retired Staff Member
    2012 Coaster Draft Champion
    I Am Third
    Favorites: Amusement Park: All | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Here is some more info that needs to be added to the database
    . The elements on Mind Eraser at Darien Lake are a roll over, a sidewinder and a double inline twist
    . The Mind Eraser at Darien Lake uses over the shoulder restraints
    . 'Cuda Falls at Darien Lake is a inner tube water slide made by WhiteWater West
    . Raging Rapids at Martin's Fantasy Island has two purple slides
    . The Predator at Darien Lake was once ranked the ninth best roller coaster in the world
    . Rainbow Mountain needs to be added Darien Lake's pat rides section; it was set of four mat water slide that operated from 1981-1993, replaced by 'Cuda Falls in 1994
    Last edited by Pikapower; 10-16-2011 at 01:06 PM.

Not sure who's in charge of this but for the Columbus Zoo and Jungle Jack's Landing Here is a list of all of the rides, Welcome to the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium - Jungle Jack's Landing
    There are only a few rides in the database from what I understand.

Thanks!

Because I'm special, and didn't realize I had permissions to do database edits, I'll add what's missing for both Jungle Jack's Landing and Zoombezi Bay.

Stay tuned.

Edit: As far as I know both Jungle Jack's Landing and Zoombezi Bay have been updated.
    Last edited by Chris H; 10-19-2011 at 03:21 PM.

Here's some more info about Darien Lake that needs to be added to the database

. Critter Chase originally operated from 1988-1996, but was put in storage from 1997-2009
    . The building that housed Nightmare at Phantom cave has been used since 1999 as a theather for in park shows
    . Motocoaster features a motorcycle themed train
    . Tin Lizzy's has antique style cars with seatbelts for restraints
    . The Mind Eraser uses over the shoulder restraints
    . Slingshot and Skycoaster require an extra charge
    Last edited by Pikapower; 01-07-2012 at 07:46 PM.

Darien Lake's BMX Motocross has relocated to Elitch Gardens as "Trike Bikes" and also Darien Lake's Scrambler is in storage.

Do you have a source for the BMX move? I've seen it listed as coming and going, but not the link between them. I also see that Darien Lake changed some ride names, we'll get those updated shortly.

Favorites: Amusement Park: Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ravine Flyer II | Steel Roller Coaster: Diamondback

^ not really, but awhile back, I saw a picture on the Elitch Gardens site of a kiddie ride that looked like Darien Lake's BMX Motocross!

Raging Seas is no longer at Darien Lake, it will be replace in 2013 with an S&S Space Shot tower relocated from Alabama Adventure called "Blast Off"

^Changed in the database. Thanks!

Some notes for the database
    .The balloons ride at Martin's Fantasy Island is a Zamperla Samba Balloon ride and it's a fixed ride
    . Big Spin at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom was called "Pandemonium" for the 2011 season before it was removed in 2012 for Superman: Ultimate Flight
    . Pandemonium from Six Flags Discovery Kingdom was relocated to Six flags Mexico where it would open in spring 2013 as "Joker"
    . In the Darien Lake gallery section can you please remove photo doubles
    Last edited by Pikapower; 02-15-2013 at 04:38 PM.

Six Flags Fiesta Texas: Tony Hawk's Big Spin is now Pandemonium. Rollshuhcoaster is now Kiddie Coaster.
    Six Flags over Texas: Tony Hawk's Big Spin is now Pandemonium. Texas Giant is now New Texas Giant (per the sign but still says Texas Giant on their site - go figure)
    205 coasters and counting...
    Travel Blog | Twitter | Facebook
    Favorites: Amusement Park: All of them | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Intimidator

^Fixed Rick, thanks for catching those! I'm leaving Texas Giant alone, it won't be New forever

Six Flags St. Louis: Tony Hawk's Big Spin is now Pandemonium like the other ones and Evel Kinevl is now American Thunder
    Martin's Fantasy Island: new kiddie rides Max's Doggy Dog Coaster and Rockin' Tug
    Six Flags Fiesta Texas:
    Rollshuhcoaster was called from 2008-2010 "Romp-Bompa-Stomp"
    Six Flags Magic Mountain: Teminator: Salvation is now called "Apocalypse" and Percy's Railway is now called "Magic Flyer"
    Last edited by Pikapower; 06-07-2013 at 07:54 PM.

I'm trying to to update my park/ride list but I want to look get a overall look at it and I get this error
    Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 67108864 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 85 bytes) in /home/thrill/www/tnrpdb/includes/ride/functions.php on line 663
    can this be fixed?
    Old coaster riders never Die..................They just go downhill!
    Mark
    RCBI member (77-86 Defunct)
    ACE Member (79-present)
    Napha Member (81- Present)
    Favorites: Amusement Park: What ever park that I go to! | Wooden Roller Coaster: What ever I'm Riding! | Steel Roller Coaster: What ever I'm riding!

I'm the good looking one Steven's Avatar
    It hates you lol.

I can see it on yours but a quick sample of others shows no problem. We would have to dig a bit to see what's up.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum

. Darien Lake had their Skycoaster renamed in 2013 as "Red Hawk"
    . SplashTown - NY: Floodgate Falls should be moved to the defunct rides list
    . Six Flags Discovery Kingdom Pandemonium operated from 5-23-08- to 1-1-12 and featured skateboard themed cars and a red track and black supports
    . Pandemonium at Six Flags Fiesta Texas, Six Flags St, Louis, and Six Flags over Texas have skateboard themed cars and a red track and black supports

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213