Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Ride/Park Database Changes

Let gravity do the work.
    I've noticed that knottsandkirby7 has added a lot of photographs to rides that aren't of the rides themselves -- he's also added photographs with photoshop edits in them, which I personally feel are not TN's style and the photographs he uploads aren't his own photographs -- and he doesn't even give credit where it's due. Some of his uploads aren't even of the rides themselves, but personal close up shots of people sitting in the ride's car.

Just ONE of many examples: http://database.thrillnetwork.com/db...y_toot2841.htm

/\ That's Knott's Jaguar! in a Tiny Toots ride gallery, with a goofy photoshop edit in the photo. In the captions, he doesn't even give credit to the photographer of the photo (it's not his property), but rather, made up a name.

Were working on removing the photos he uploaded.
    ThrillNetwork Tech Admin

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghost Rider | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

I don't know if it counts or not since it is like a carnival just indoors, but Could the IX Indoor Amusement Park, be added? Or is it there just listed under something else?
    "foolish earthlings, cower before the awesome techno onslaught of nine-hundred-and-nine robots dancing in unison"
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Maverick

Been Here Since the Begining Sir Willow's Avatar
    There's been an ongoing discussion about carnivals and fairs since the rides are portable and do move a lot. Is the IX Indoor park a permanent or semi-permanent installation? If so, then it'll likely be added to the database when we get a chance. Does it have a website?

Good help is to make a submission on the database page, along with noting any rides that are in the park. thanks.
    Have you read my number 1 best seller? There will be a test! ~God
    Life with God is one thrill ride you'll never want to get off of.
    My park & coaster photos: Sir Willow's Smugmug pictures
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Silver Dollar City, Dollywood, Bonfante Gardens, Holiday World, SFGrAm, Legoland and Disneyland | Wooden Roller Coaster: Phoenix,Thunderhead- Dollywood, NM Rattler, Raven & Legend- HW, Viper- SFGrAm, Giant Dipper-SCBB | Steel Roller Coaster: X!!, Goliath, Talon, Millenium Force, Montu, Kumba, others

Intimidating Poster! Carowinds 73-03's Avatar
    Elroy's Space Station & Wally Gators Tube Shoot need to be added to the past rides section of Carowinds.

Thanks

Inverted Tophat Poster coasterdude28's Avatar
    On the front page, I noticed an error for Gemini. It says that it is a spinning ride.

Park: Cedar Point (Sandusky, OH USA)
    Type: Steel Coaster - Spinning Ride
    Builder: Arrow Dynamics
    Figure Eight Layout
    Batman and Robin: The Chiller
    1997 - 2007
    Favorites: Amusement Park: safadsg

Bryan and I fixed it. Thanks. What an odd error.
    ThrillNetwork editor emeritus - NSCIGC member
    Voyage is the best coaster
    Raptor ride count - 1,160.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Holiday World, Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Raptor

Well, there's an error in Drachen Fire's inversion names:

Features:

Chronological Order of Major Elements
    [1] Flying Snake Dive (120')
    [2] Cobra Roll
    [1] Corkscrew Loop
    [1] Cutback Turn

Obviously it should be a Wraparound Corkscrew.

Blue and White Ignite! VekomahangNbang's Avatar
    You guys don't have Gulf Shores Amusment Park in the database. I could add some stuff to my count if it was added.

Here's the rcdb link
    GO MAGIC
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Maverick

ThrillNetwork Tech Admin

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghost Rider | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Jr. Poster
    I emailed Marineland Theme Park about the Topple Tower, and the park said that the ride will not be open until next season, so it should be changed to opening in 2007

Random Poster
    I recently submitted a few rides into the database for Canada's Wonderland. Did you guys ever get that?It hasnt been added yet.

I'm the good looking one Steven's Avatar
    Submissions typically get published within 24-48 hours after being submitted. However, there may be circumstances which may prevent published in that timeframe (usually staff on break, other projects, etc.). They still get published unless it is not verifiable.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum

** Looks over my email list of DB ride and park addition **

Yeah, I've got some waiting to be done, but I'm not seeing anything to be added to Canada's Wonderland. Not sure what happened, but it should have emailed a copy of the additions to me, and I don't have it. And I know that I haven't added it in yet. Might want to try sending an email to me with the information and I'll try to get to it then: sirwillow@thrillnetwork.com

One other note, as some know I've been out a bit due to end of school year (a mess as a teacher), moving, starting new jobs, and a bunch of other stuff going on. I'm just starting to get caught up again, but it means that some of the database additions that I've had waiting haven't been done in a while. If you've submitted somethign and are wondering what's going on, don't hesitate to ask and I'll be happy to see if it's in my list of stuff waiting for me.

[edit] found your submissions for Canada's Wonderland and added them in. Sorry about that. [/edit]
    Last edited by Sir Willow; 06-17-2006 at 04:47 PM.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Silver Dollar City, Dollywood, Bonfante Gardens, Holiday World, SFGrAm, Legoland and Disneyland | Wooden Roller Coaster: Phoenix,Thunderhead- Dollywood, NM Rattler, Raven & Legend- HW, Viper- SFGrAm, Giant Dipper-SCBB | Steel Roller Coaster: X!!, Goliath, Talon, Millenium Force, Montu, Kumba, others

Random Poster
    I don't know if I typed it in wrong or not, but it should be Timberwolf Falls, not Timberwolf Canyon in the Canada's Wonderland DB. Sorry about that.

I sent a PM about this to Wes I think, which may or may not get around to you. (I didnt know which editor to send it to, but now I know)
    Last edited by coastrfreak2000; 06-18-2006 at 11:21 AM.

There is a list of database editors available here along with a list of all staff members: http://www.thrillnetwork.com/about.php

Those editors would be the best to send it to along with Sir Willow or myself. Most of the staffers would be able to help or point you in the right direction if not.
    ThrillNetwork Tech Admin

I fixed the error.

Now back to your regular scheduled madness.
    Intimidator Ride Count - 313

Proud Mem**r of the 200 Club! - Current Count - 203

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

Thanks guys. Now to see if I can find some time to get to the other 100 or so additions I still have waiting in queue. hehe

http://database.thrillnetwork.com/ride_view.php/2255

This ride is still operating. It always appears likes its being removed the first few months of the season.

Thanks, PCW. I changed the status.
    ~Website Admin and Staff Director~

Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Intimidator 305

Mean Streak fan #337 DemonHunter4337's Avatar
    The ride listing for Cedar point has MaXair twice once spelled maXair and the other spelled the correct way: MaXair
    ThrillNetwork Honorary Staff Member
    Daniel T. Miller: 1981-2007
    Peace,Love,Life!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Big Dipper | Steel Roller Coaster: Raptor

I'm the good looking one Steven's Avatar
    DemonHunter4337: the duplicate has been removed.

Also, maXair is the proper spelling for the ride, according to Cedar Point, which is what we use in terms of being accurate...
    http://www.cedarpoint.com/public/par...xair/index.cfm
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum

Inverted Tophat Poster coasterdude28's Avatar
    Thunder Road(forwards) is listed as being a spinning ride. Now I have never been on it, but I don't think that it is a spinning ride. http://database.thrillnetwork.com/ri..._forwards.html
    Batman and Robin: The Chiller
    1997 - 2007
    Favorites: Amusement Park: safadsg

Changed, thank you.

Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Intimidator 305

http://database.thrillnetwork.com/ri...unt_track.html

The arrangement says 4 cars but it should be 3.

Changed Pcw thanks.

http://database.thrillnetwork.com/ri...the_mixer.html
    Mixer is no longer operational. It was removed to make room for Splash Over.

http://database.thrillnetwork.com/ri...plashover.html
    Speaking of Splash Over, it is no longer under construction.
    Also, it is two words, not one, as the database suggests.

http://database.thrillnetwork.com/ri...ighthouse.html
    Lighthouse was not removed. It is still operating (unless it is being removed for 2007).

Let gravity do the work.
    Thanks steel, I took care of it.

I believe the Imperator at Prater Park...

http://database.thrillnetwork.com/ri...imperator.html

was removed a couple of years ago to start traveling with the German fairs again. I now believe it is somewhere in storage.
    Vedran

Six Flags Magic Mountain
    Summer '08!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Magic Mountain | Wooden Roller Coaster: Colossus | Steel Roller Coaster: Xcelerator, Tatsu

Is there anyway that you can confirm that it was relocated and now in storage? I just don't want to change status unless we are sure that is no longer in operation.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast