Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Ride/Park Database Changes

But some people may still count it as two. That's why it's there as two. Actually, Blackpool's Grand National is also listed as two in our database. If you count it as one, mark it once. Simple as that.
    ThrillNetwork editor emeritus - NSCIGC member
    Voyage is the best coaster
    Raptor ride count - 1,160.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Holiday World, Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Raptor

I have Steelers fever rckrazy06's Avatar
    Gold Rusher at Kennywood should be listed as a Past Ride now. It is still in the Rides section.
    LETS GO BUCS!!!!!!

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro - Six Flags Great Adventure | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force - Cedar Point

James
    This coaster - Unknown (Happy Valley) :: ThrillNetwork.com - Isnt real...

Way to check facts TNDB....

Brooklyn Center, Minnesota, United States
    Well the coaster is real but its at the wrong Happy Valley. The coaster is going to the Shanghai location.

Originally known as Topdrag; Coaster Count: 309 Renegade Count: 846
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Europe | Wooden Roller Coaster: Boulder Dash | Steel Roller Coaster: Superman: Ride of Steel (SFNE)

James
    Yeah, I know that.

But thats like saying Tatsu is going to Six Flags New Orleans.. Just because its also called Six Flags

Rockin' Roller (Six Flags St. Louis) :: ThrillNetwork.com
    This ride is gone.
    No wonder I couldn't find it on the map yesterday.

RCDB lists it as a past ride.

James
    This park - Jolly Roger Amusement Park :: ThrillNetwork.com - Needs the "Giant Wheel" as a past ride.. And also needs to add the new for 2008 Wildcat... That I rode a month ago.

Edit.. I also looked back at the last page to find most of the stuff had yet to be changed... :roll:

James
    Windy Hill Waterboggan Park :: ThrillNetwork.com

should be watterboggan.. With two T's

On the Dollywood page:

• Smoky Mountain Wilderness Adventure Tour can be moved to past rides operating from 2002-2007.
    • Thunder Road can be taken from past rides to the current rides list. Operating 1996-2001 2008-Present.
    • And I don't know if it is done for "seasonal attractions" but if Thrillnetwork wants to you could even add The Polar Express 4-D Experience to the rides listed opening November 8, 2008. Polar Express Dollywood page.
    2010: Applause Award, 2 Golden Tickets, 4 Brass Rings
    Here is to an award winning 2011 season!

Favorites: Amusement Park: Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Mystery Mine

Intimidating Poster! Carowinds 73-03's Avatar
    Flying Super Saturator can now be moved to the past rides section on the Carowinds page.

Completed - Wes 11/14/08

Hats for (Carousel)Horses Racer's Avatar
    SFOG
    Dodge City Bumper Cars opened in 1973 with Scream Machine.
    Wheelie was originally placed behind The Great Gasp and later moved to where it is now, because Drunken Barrels was still there when it was built.
    Spindle Top was built in 1968, closing date unkown.
    Sky Way was built in 1967, and removed around 1981/82?
    The Hanson Cars were originally where the Georgia Cyclone is now, built in 1967. All items above are complete - Wes 11/14/08.

Fearman's Manor needs to be added.
    Skull Island needs to be added.
    Sky Hook needs to be added under past rides- operated from 1969-1977.
    Last edited by Racer; 09-20-2008 at 09:07 PM.
    ThrillNetwork SpeedZone Editor and unofficial DB Editor
    Please stand with your feet flat on the... stand up.. no- why are you sitting??? STAND UP ON THE GEORGIA SCORCHER!!!
    2014 Coaster Draft: Leviathan, Banshee, Alpengeist, Aftershock, GoldStriker, DareDevilDive, GeorgiaScorcher, Tatsu, SheiKra
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Goliath(SFOG)

James

Staff edit: Wow, bullet points! That sure made this list a little simpler.
    Last edited by Chip; 11-13-2008 at 11:43 PM. Reason: Edit your posts. We'll get to them in time. No need to quote yourself.

There seemed to be confusion with the Columbus Zoo's transformation and integration of the former Wyandot Lake into the Zoo's offerings. Even up towards Labor Day, looking at the Zoo's website it was hard to find information about the dry rides section and their availability. Columbus Zoo, the golf course, and Zoombezi Bay easily stand out. The dry rides info is finding a needle in the hay stack. Finally at the end of October when I went to see my sister in Columbus, Ohio and to watch a Penn State Ohio State game, I was able to get a map, visit the park/zoo in person to sort this mess out. At the new entry/ticket plaza to the Columbus Zoo there is a sign to the left of the new plaza that says "Jungle Jack's Landing." On the map it's a brown color coded path dry rides section
    It features:

Jungle River Falls - flume ride with at least two drops/lifts.
    Sea Dragon - the wooden family/kiddie coaster that's the gem.
    Condor Craze - I believe this is the inflatable tube bumper cars you drive like a ride on mower.
    Whirligigs - Twirl a Whirl
    Dust Devil - Eli Bridge Scrambler with nametag intact on center boom.
    Safari Stampede - not a Musik Express but a ride like it with cars that swing out.
    Journey to Zanzibar - Pirate Ship
    Mission Macaw - Flyers with no cables to limit the sail
    Swingin' Gibbons - Swings, doesn't appear like a Yo Yo model
    Jungle Trek - an antique car like ride but with Safari Jeeps, most likely electric.

Then near the border of this section with the Zoombezi Bay waterpark is:

Jungle Jack Junior Land - I didn't walk through this kiddie land. It was still under the brown dry rides color coded path on the map.

Jack's Tea Party - Very likely junior tea cups
    Tiny Tusks - rip off Dumbo ride most likely
    Golden Frog Hopper - no real explanation needed
    African Express - A small train ride.

Zoombezi Bay then borders Sea Dragon and this Junior ride land. On the map it's lined by a light yellow paths on the map.

Hopefully next season the park will make these sections more clear for us on the website.
    Last edited by Leo C; 11-03-2008 at 11:12 AM.
    ThrillNetwork Editor - Originally: CHILLERLC1
    2001 - 10 Years of ThrillNetwork - 2011
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

James
    Steel Pier :: ThrillNetwork.com uh.. Steel Pier was open in both the 2007 and 2008 season. TNDB lists it as closed in 2006

Strata Poster
    Everything has now been switched back to "Operating."

Favorites: Amusement Park: EPCOT Center | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Top Thrill Dragster

James
    This coaster has been removed - Tiger Terror (Wild Adventures) :: ThrillNetwork.com

Strata Poster
    It's been changed.

Favorites: Amusement Park: EPCOT Center | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Top Thrill Dragster

James
    This ( Wild Surge (Busch Gardens - Africa) :: ThrillNetwork.com ) is a MOSER Sping ride and even says MOSER right on the ride.

Strata Poster
    Got it, James.

Added to the park's page.

James
    Killimanjaro Safaris (Walt Disney World - Animal Kingdom) :: ThrillNetwork.com
    Should be named Kilimanjaro Safaris (one L not two)

Strata Poster
    Spelling has been changed.

James
    Petites Montagnes Russes (La Ronde) :: ThrillNetwork.com needs to be named Marche du Mille-pattes

Marche du Mille-pattes name has been updated. Also moved old name into history, added height restriction, top speed, and ride features.
    Last edited by Marcus; 11-29-2008 at 04:16 AM.
    '11 Area Supervisor, Merch & Games, Michigan's Adventure '10 Area Supervisor, Games, Michigan's Adventure
    '09 Area Supervisor, Merch, Michigan's Adventure '08 Area Supervisor, Merch, Six Flags Over Texas
    '07 Area Supervisor, Merch, Cedar Point '06 Ride Operator, Batman:TR, SFGAM
    '05 Front Desk, Disney's BoardWalk Inn & Villas, WDW '04 Sales Associate, Merchandise, CP
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Knoebels | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

James
    I still see some of these haven't been done yet - http://www.thrillnetwork.com/boards/...tml#post770719

I'd like to get my coaster count at least right on TN.

Steeplechase has been seperated by Left, Center, and Right tracks.

Fixed a typo on Gauntlet and updated it's relocations.

The park Parque de Atracciones de Zaragoza has been added to the database along with it's roller coasters.
    '11 Area Supervisor, Merch & Games, Michigan's Adventure '10 Area Supervisor, Games, Michigan's Adventure
    '09 Area Supervisor, Merch, Michigan's Adventure '08 Area Supervisor, Merch, Six Flags Over Texas
    '07 Area Supervisor, Merch, Cedar Point '06 Ride Operator, Batman:TR, SFGAM
    '05 Front Desk, Disney's BoardWalk Inn & Villas, WDW '04 Sales Associate, Merchandise, CP
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Knoebels | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

James
    Thanks a lot.

Also this coaster - Tiger Terror (Wild Adventures) :: ThrillNetwork.com is now here - Lowry Park Zoo (Tampa, Florida 33604 USA)

And this - Lex Luthor's Invertatron (Six Flags New Orleans) :: ThrillNetwork.com came from Moreys Pier (After Moreys it went to Magic Springs.. but it was only held in storage there)

Ultra Poster
    we need to add Sky Trans Mfg. to the design and builders catigories. they designed and built the sky ride and Flume at Lowry Park Zoo.
    company link: Sky Trans Homepage

Carousel Works should also be added.
    http://www.carouselworks.com/home.htm
    Last edited by Michael C; 12-03-2008 at 04:18 PM.
    Michael C
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Canobie Lake Park Salom NH | Wooden Roller Coaster: Yankie Canonball Canobie lake park Salom NH | Steel Roller Coaster: Ming Bender SFOG

James
    Mind Eraser has a cobraroll?, really?

The Mind Eraser (Six Flags America) :: ThrillNetwork.com

Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast