Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bad Ratings: Post Here

Hybrid View

Bad Ratings: Post Here

If you come across a bad rate and feel it isn't well supported for the rate that you got, post it here. This doesn't mean that if you got a low score report it. If you get a low score and receive little feedback on why it was low or no suggestions on how to fix it the problem, only then should you report it here. Please provide a link to the ride, and then we'll look into.
    "Cedar Point has a wide variety of wooden coasters" - Discovery Channel
    Favorites: Amusement Park: CP | Wooden Roller Coaster: Legend | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Banned
    Being that everyone posted 6 stars higher than this with one and with same reasons for down-staring I think his was just a grudge-against-me post. Thats my feelings anyways.

http://www.thrillnetwork.com/speedzo....php?file=1320
    Last edited by jimths08; 05-11-2005 at 06:39 PM.

I took care of it, as the post didn't add anything and just insulted you. That is not the type of rates that we want.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: CP | Wooden Roller Coaster: Legend | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

The Maxamillious X-ffect Maxamillious's Avatar
    I have qustion about this Thred.
    How do you fix ratings. If someone gives you an unfare rating do you guys like delete there vote and comment so it no longer affects the over all score? Just wondering for refence's later on.

Thanks

- Max
    - Operation Boom 2 :: Back From The Dead -
    - The Next Defying Creation :: Eight Lanes One Thrilling Coster -
    - Goliaths Revenge :: Let The War Begin -

Roller Coaster Pro - Home To The Best RCT3 Productions!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Fiesta Texas | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Rattler - Six Flags Fiesta Texas | Steel Roller Coaster: Oblivion - Alton Towers

If the rating is bad/not helpful, we can delete them. Say someone gives a 0 and just says this ride sucks, it will be deleted.

The Maxamillious X-ffect Maxamillious's Avatar
    OK Then,
    Thank you very much for clearing that up.

- Max
    - Operation Boom 2 :: Back From The Dead -
    - The Next Defying Creation :: Eight Lanes One Thrilling Coster -
    - Goliaths Revenge :: Let The War Begin -

Roller Coaster Pro - Home To The Best RCT3 Productions!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Fiesta Texas | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Rattler - Six Flags Fiesta Texas | Steel Roller Coaster: Oblivion - Alton Towers

AFTERBANG!!! just remember to ride away like a G

I am your substitute god willski2002's Avatar
    I hope you realize he didn't rate it, so it can't be a bad rating.

lol
    Quote Originally Posted by PCW Maniac
    What I'm posting is saying how brave I am and that I don't care about rules! If I lose my camera while making a POV, at least I'll lose it for something.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Raven/Legend | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

http://thrillnetwork.com/speedzone/view.php?file=1913

Go_me said gave comments, but said he never ridden it.
    Pay no attention to me.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Mount Olympus/Six Flags Magic Mountain | Wooden Roller Coaster: HADES! | Steel Roller Coaster: X

http://thrillnetwork.com/speedzone/view.php?file=1697

Ok, its reasons like this that make me never want to post anything. All the comments on this were just plain mean speedzone isnt very fun

(that is my old account that posted that)
    signature
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Worlds Of Fun | Wooden Roller Coaster: ThunderRun | Steel Roller Coaster: Mamba

Colossus

There's just this comment about my ride Colossus:
    http://www.thrillnetwork.com/speedzo....php?file=1955
    That just says: It gives rough a new meaning. Not only did he/she not say what the new meaning was, but he/she gave a six out of ten (which is all right) but if all he/she can say is that it is rough, he/she should have given it a two out of ten instead.
    Last edited by medusa548; 04-26-2006 at 12:31 AM.

http://thrillnetwork.com/speedzone/view.php?file=1952

zongaboy626 didn't really leave anything to say and gave it a 1.

A couple of ratings that were low. One complained that the coaster valleyed. I had said two near stops, and I suspect he had the graphics detail set too high for his hardware configuration. For comparison, look at the original version of Ouroboros and the review I got from Dzilla. This coaster was my attempt to work his suggestions into my ride.

http://www.thrillnetwork.com/speedzo....php?file=2149

i'm gonna say sorry in advance cause when i first got NL i was pretty mean with people here and gave them bad ratings. Thats all behind me now that i know hard it is to build a decent coaster...
    I'm going to try my best to try and light an old flame...

First I was looking at Bushkid's newest coaster, Nitro. It got one reaction, from kawakiman, giving him a one. I have explained Bushkid to use proper sentences and explained that kawakiman's reaction is not to be taken really seriously. After that, I took a look at this same guy's other coaster called Muhammed Ali or something like that, and I see four reactions, all saying absolutely nothing! I don't know what is going on here but what is the point of placing a reaction saying nothing other than "it sucked"? It looks like everyone is bashing this guy, and I see no reason for this. What's he doing wrong? He's trying to learn NoLimits, he's not asking to get reactions like these!

If you want new NoLimits users to stop building coasters and go do something else, then please go on like this. But I almost feel that I am the only one on this site wanting to gain coaster builders instead of losing them. Please guys, either give constructive comment or don't comment at all. Only thing you are doing is making this guy feel sorry for his own upload and he is not gonna upload a new coaster if he's bashed like this. He can't help it that his coaster isn't smooth, surely not if no one is telling them what exactly is wrong with the coaster. Please guys, think!

I just had to say this. Thanks for reading.
    Last edited by Erik Leppen; 08-28-2006 at 04:17 PM.
    I'm not active on this forum anymore.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Walibi World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Robin Hood - Walibi World | Steel Roller Coaster: Goliath - Walibi World

As section lead I'm gonna jump in here and leave a little comment.

Speedzone should be more than just a post and download place, it can be a valuable place to learn tips and tricks from people that have a lot of experience at NL. If you are a newbie, I reccomend creating a thread and showing us pictures and what you're doing along the way, so we can help you produce a better coaster.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, which is why we have a rating system, but if you don't have the reasoning to back up your vote, then don't expect it to stay. If you decide to continue to rate bomb coasters, consider it a serious warning or possible ban.

Please provide reasoning and legitimate arguements for the vote you placed. This is all I ask, if you decide not to, your vote will be deleted, and we will take action if it starts to become a frequent problem.

Any further questions or concerns, don't hesitate to contact me.

-Kyle L
    Speedzone Section Lead
    Thornton to Heatley all day, every day.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Mean Streak | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Woodie 4-07 left this comment on my ride the good, the bad, and the fugly:

'Doesn't work. Also, funny name and all, but kind of mean.'

He didnt rate it but he did say it didn't work and not respond how it didnt work. The ride makes it around the course and has no major G-force or stacking problems so without a description it seems inappropriate.

cp-soad left a comment on my coaster Saphira that really didn't make sense to me. First he said that the second half seemed sloppy, but never really told me how it was sloppy or disorganized. Then he said, "I honestly didn't like the overall design" but never said what made him not like the design.
    http://thrillnetwork.com/speedzone/view.php?file=2280

EDIT: Now he just changed the rating to 3 stars where before it was at 6 stars, without giving any reasons for changing the rating.
    Last edited by Emann; 01-04-2007 at 03:46 PM. Reason: change in rating

Alright.. This is a double double. Emann ^ Underrated my coaster.
    http://thrillnetwork.com/speedzone/view.php?file=2273

Originally he gave me what I felt was an underrate. Then I gave him a more than what he deserved rate. I rode his coaster again yesterday or two days ago, and realized that I overrated his coaster. So I changed his rate, me being new to this site, didn't know I had to explain the re-rate. I just did today anyway though. Then I realized.. He changed my rate.. Also, the reason I believe he changed it, which I think he added to the original comment was that "The supports were good but you should try and take more time on them. Using flanges improves supports very much." This isn't anything because, I spent more than enough time on those supports, and I believe, it doesn't matter what they look like, just as long as it can hold the coaster. Also, I did use flanges!!
    Can't wait for those to strap me into Maverick!
    11 Parks - 52 coasters - 9 Wood - 43 Steel
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: Top Thrill Dragster

Well if you guys continue to put bad blood on eachothers Rides I'll simply continue to delete votes. My ruling has always been: Any Vote, Good or Bad can stand IF you provide legitimate reasoning. In a few instances, mainly on Emann's coaster, I got lame and redundant explenations as to WHY the coaster was bad.

Plain and simple, if you love it, please share way. If you hate it and bomb it, better be prepared to have good reasoning.

This has been the policy since we brought on the Vote/Comment system.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Mean Streak | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

I'm the good looking one Steven's Avatar
    Furthermore, if it continues, we will ban members who are very problematic with vote bombing. If it continues between two individuals after being warned like this, we will ban both of them at the same time.

Simply put, TN isn't a place for people's vendettas against others, and we are not here to favor one member over another. When you vote, be prepared to list every reason why you like/dislike it.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum

Carowinds Hater Poster coasterman1234's Avatar
    I rode "Devil's Tower" after seeing it was given a rating of 1 by "nickolas_adam69". The user never gave a reason as to why they gave it a one, and by the comment they left, doesn't appear that they rode it at all. I, personally, felt it wasn't nearly deserving of a 1 star rating.

Carowinds Hater Poster coasterman1234's Avatar
    Yet another bad post by "nickolas_adam69". This time the user gave me a sarcastic, inappropriate and immature comment, thankfully he did not vote. His comment came after a 9/10 rating. He comment reads:

WOW, amazing..... Non strait lift hill. Amazingly unoriginal, and a complete waste of my time! My real question is, how do you sleep at night knowing your letting people download this garbage? You sir should be castrated and forced to watch because of win dixy for the rest of your pitiful, undeserving life. I hope you die in a car crash soon.

ps.... i liked the colors.
    P.S. I wrote a comment of my own back to him, nothing bad, it reads:
    Thanks you, your comment should be removed soon since I reported you. It wouldn't have been a bad comment had it been mature in saying that the lift wasn't completely straight instead of including the nonsense thereafter.
    I'll gladly delete it once "nickolas_adam69"'s comment is taken off.

Thanks.
    Last edited by coasterman1234; 03-07-2007 at 09:35 AM.
    Boycott Carowinds 2009!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point & Six Flags Great Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Kingda Ka & Goliath (SFOG)

Can you post the URL to the file where this is occurring? Maybe we can help you a little more that way.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum

Taken care of, and the member has been warned. Should you recieve a bad vote from him, please report it to me via PM or Email immediatley!

http://www.thrillnetwork.com/speedzone/view.php?file=2614
    There's one on my newest upload, "Cetus."

The original Maverick since 99 CP Maverick's Avatar
    ^ Are you talking about Pedersonaa's rating? I don't see anything wrong with a 7...
    Holy CoW! - another NoLimits project

RIP Geauga Lake 1888-2007
    F CF
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Beast (Kings Island) | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force (Cedar Point)

^I'm not talking about the star rating...I'm talking about the body of it.

You can ask him to clarify it... I would hardly consider it "bad".

"Bad" by definition is where they deliberately rated it "low" (or in rare cases, "high") and left no real comments (usually saying "it sucked" or anything else just to meet the minimum post requirement). Here, he noted why he voted the way he did without being too wordy, that's all. Nothing malicious really, and if you need more info, just ask him nicely for it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast