Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 8 Person Project

Banned

8 Person Project

I just thought of an idea while at school. What if we had a coaster that was made from 8 people from TN. 2 people for trackwork, 2 for terraforming, 2 for supports, and 2 for 3ds! I don't know if anybody thinks this would be fun or work but I thought I'd throw it at you guys anyways.

If you guys think this will work then I'll put in for a 3ds spot.

I think this would be pretty cool, and if some guys like Real and Riscit were on trackwork, it would be a kick ass coaster.
    I'd go in for supports.

They are full with projects from CS . I might be able to help with terraforming. But I doubt It. lol. Don't add me to the list tho.

Banned
    Projects from CS? You mean the track tennis?

Yah. There are a million track tennis' going on at CS.

Banned
    But there aren't any on TN (that I know of). =p All we need are 8 people and really less than that if its that hard to get people. Terraforming could be a one person job as could 3ds, but I think 8 would be ideal and funner. Two people work together on trackwork and then send it to the terraformers who when done, send it to the supporters who send it to the 3ders.

I had an idea similar to this a while ago, I just wanted a couple ppl to work on a coaster with. Anyways I'll help with supports, would like to do trackwork but Im not very good with that.
    Im the stupidest genius alive!!!

Im better at something then everyone.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Viper (SFGAm) | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum XL-200

a couple things...

Real is lightyears ahead of me in terms of track work skills. Putting us in the same boat is pretty silly. I appreciate the compliment, however.

There is currently only 1 game of track tennis running at CS right now. The last match just ended, and an invite only match just started.

Terraforming is absolutely not a 2 person job.

and no offense, but I can't think of 7 other people around here I would trust to put out a really good track. ;-)

maybe 5 at the most.. but not 8 total.
    Last edited by RiscIt; 05-11-2005 at 11:03 PM.

Banned
    I agree with terraforming being one person but it just makes things go more in sync and even. Risclt, you are an awesome tracker. Even though Real is more advanced your still awesome! About 8 people you can trust, this isn't going to be my coaster. I might supervise it but its all who participate. Thats another reason I planned on having 2 per job; if something isn't right, hopefully the other person will notice it.

So far job standings

track=0

terra=0(maybe 1)

supports=2

3ds=1

rawr!
    I'll join on and do supports or track construction

Q
    Favorites: | Wooden Roller Coaster: I have yet to ride a decent woodie :( | Steel Roller Coaster: Dueling Dragons: Ice

I can do trackwork, but supports as well. I like both. The idea is good, but I slightly see it as: "Hey the two of us made a track can you support it?"
    I'm not active on this forum anymore.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Walibi World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Robin Hood - Walibi World | Steel Roller Coaster: Goliath - Walibi World

Banned
    Well Erik and pipes, we already have 2 supporters so unless they drop out I'll put you guys in trackwork.

Thats another reason I had 2 people per job; I don't want the trackers to think about supports or terrain. I want them to think about tracking. The supporters will deal with supports and make it happen.

Track-2(Erik Leppen, pipesdrums)

Terra-0(possibly sfft_2108)

Supports-2(Loki, bigboy_1234567)

3ders-1(jimths08)

Since we have 2 trackers ready, lets get ideas on what kind of coaster we want.
    Last edited by jimths08; 05-12-2005 at 07:24 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboy_1234567
    I think this would be pretty cool, and if some guys like Real and Riscit were on trackwork, it would be a kick ass coaster.
    I'd go in for supports.
    You know much of a bad idea it is to heckle them to do something right now? The most anoying thing you could possibly do is ask them something like that.

Real is much better at the whole trackwork thing than Riscit anyways, so I don't think they would work well together. He's better than me, but he's not Real. I don't think Real has any free time anyways.

One of the most irritating things in thr world is for someone I don't know to randomly IM me and be all "MAKE A B&M INVERT OKAYZ?" and then I say I don't want to and they're all confused/devastated. Don't do that.

Hopefully someone hasn't posted all of this, I didn't have time to read the thread.

Banned
    Yea, somebody already said that and I hadn't even thought of Real b/c if he decided to put in then that would be like catching a home run ball by Hank Aaron and then getting it signed by him. Not ganna happen but we can all drool about it.

hey i'm still doing my project, wait until mine's done, even if there are enough people who care, i want to do track too, allow more spots than 8, that's rediculous
    VF count - a lot SFGam count - 2 CP count - 1

MUSE = Amazing band = WIN!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great America | Wooden Roller Coaster: American Eagle | Steel Roller Coaster: Raging Bull

Quote Originally Posted by xbadx1233
    hey i'm still doing my project, wait until mine's done, even if there are enough people who care, i want to do track too, allow more spots than 8, that's rediculous
    I dont think you have complete control over who does what projects, anyways I just ready yours and it seems you no longer need anyones help.
    And jimths08 is running this project so he set the rules, 8 ppl not any more, there are still a 3ds spot open and a terra spot, so if you do want to join then you can.

As for a type of coaster I would like to see something that we dont see everyday (no rocket hypers please), maybe a well themed euro fighter?
    Im the stupidest genius alive!!!

Im better at something then everyone.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Viper (SFGAm) | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum XL-200

Banned
    Yea xbad, if I'm not supposed to do this then the moderators will say so. Besides this has nothing to do with your thread. This one isn't turn based; its job based. 2 people do the WHOLE job.

As for type, I was thinking maybe a Real (HAHA! A pun!) style recreation of a coaster or something new. Not the usual intamin that we always see posted. The euro fighter would be cool as would a inverted.

I won't do recreations of real coasters, I really s*ck at doing recreations. I rather invent something myself. I would say, the people who joined vote on the type of coaster:

So, choose I would say.

EDIT: It is jimths08's project, so I don't really care if he just gives us the coaster type. As long as it isn't wood...

EDIT: I deliberately did not put Intamin Hyper and Intamin Inverted in that list.
    Last edited by Erik Leppen; 05-12-2005 at 02:59 PM.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Walibi World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Robin Hood - Walibi World | Steel Roller Coaster: Goliath - Walibi World

If there's a spot open, I will do Terraforming. Also, I like to make cartextures, could I get a mini job to do that too?

Banned
    Definately meow! Terra and texture.

As for coaster type wood is not happening and since one of the trackers hates recreation thats out too. Now all thats left is what type and do we want balistic or do we want realistic. I think when we decide that we will decide a type but brainstorm!

EDIT: I just thought of an obvious idea. Let the trackers choose the type since they are doing trackwork! PM each other or talk here or whatever but get an idea and post it. The only one that I will definately turn down is wood.

track-2

terra-1

supports-2

3ds-1

One more 3der should do it and if somebody says they will, a terraformer. I'm glad that 3ds are last because I have to get money for the software! If meowcoaster1 wants another terraformer to help then he can say so. Otherwise I think he'll do fine.
    Last edited by jimths08; 05-12-2005 at 04:31 PM.

^I think he'll be fine, and he'd gladly make a cartexture, just as sson as we have a name.

i'll help w/ terraforming, one spot left
    VF count - a lot SFGam count - 2 CP count - 1

MUSE = Amazing band = WIN!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great America | Wooden Roller Coaster: American Eagle | Steel Roller Coaster: Raging Bull

Banned
    Ok. Heres how it goes. We've got all the people we need unless somebody puts in for 3ds.

Erik Leppen and pipesdrums, start working on a type of coaster and style ASAP (I don't know your guys schedules so if I'm pushing you just give me an excuse. If you want to drop out thats fine, just be truthful and don't snag up the project) so you can start track laying. Talk with each other about the type and then post your options from want-to-do-most to want-to-do-least and I will review them. My email is jimths08@msn.com or you can post in here. No time rush. If this takes all summer, so be it. I want quality not efficiency.

rawr!
    Erik do you have msn or anything? I was thinking, maybe an intense B&M hyper or something..

Q
    Favorites: | Wooden Roller Coaster: I have yet to ride a decent woodie :( | Steel Roller Coaster: Dueling Dragons: Ice

I like that idea. If they don't like the type of coaster their working on, the end result is probably not going to be as great as the result if they are really into it and have great ideas.

And sorry about that post I made yesterday, I guess I wasn't thinking straight. I wasn't trying to get them involved (really) I just know that there awsome at No Limits so I was just throwing some names out there. Again, it was a pretty stupid thing to say. Sorry!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by pipesdrums
    Erik do you have msn or anything? I was thinking, maybe an intense B&M hyper or something..
    I have msn jimths08@msn.com if you want to discuss.

rawr!
    Erik where are you?! I really want to get started on this..haha

Q

Oh I'm not too much online lately, I'm here Yes I have msn, I'll send you a pm with my address. I'll add jimths08 if he's fine with that.

B&M is fine. I would rather do something floorless maybe because that has inversions, but hyper is fine too.

Quote Originally Posted by jimths08
    Now all thats left is what type and do we want balistic or do we want realistic. I think when we decide that we will decide a type but brainstorm!
    Don't konw what "balistic" means, but making it realistic would be nice I guess. That'll make a hard job however.

Banned
    I'm fine with you adding me to your list.

I was wondering about that too. Maybe we should do inversions. Erik and pipes talk it over.

Balistic would be fantasy.

Realistic floorless twister w/ inversions sounds awsome. Lots of terrain. I think this is gonna be a really fun project and cant wait to get started!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast