Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: 8 Person Project

Banned
    Very nice! As you said, the turn into the lift needs some work, but other than that it looks great. One thing though. You've got the bottom of the lift all broken up and it makes the track have more rungs. Are you planning on fixing that or is that realistic?

Banned
    It's great and all, but the loop is too large radius wise (the oval isn't flattened enough), and the overbanked doesn't flow well at all. Did you make this ride completely from elements? The heartline is very awkward and it doesn't flow well at all. You will want to hand smooth it. You need a small set of wheels before the lift, and you'll want to bank the dippy turn before the lift. Why so many vertices on the lift rise section?
    Last edited by Matt M; 05-18-2005 at 07:54 AM.

rawr!
    hmm, well the loop really isn't that different than Dragon Khan's loop or Kraken's loop;
    http://img267.echo.cx/img267/3153/vsdragonkhan17dm.jpg
    http://img286.echo.cx/img286/6008/vskraken13qo.jpg
    From my observations, its really only the inverted B&M's that have the really tight, flattened loops.
    yeh, everything that I have built so far has been made in elementry.
    I'm still working on heartlined transition on the overbank..in the end when I'm done, the transition will be more gradual rather than the current snap.

And for the lift hill pullup thing, it has 8 segments so that it has a lead in and a lead out to make it as smooth a transition as possible.
    Jim-its a small sacrifice for smoothness..plus not many people will notice that there are a bunch of track connections there lol...but if it really bugs you I can make that part have 4 segments..

Q
    Favorites: | Wooden Roller Coaster: I have yet to ride a decent woodie :( | Steel Roller Coaster: Dueling Dragons: Ice

Banned
    Since you are doing trackwork you and Erik can decide. Its annoying to me but do what you think is more realistic.

Banned
    Man, I just did something amazing. I am doing a recreation of Mr. Freeze and I got the length right on exactly on the first try. No tweaking to get the length right. I just happened as I laid the track!

To keep on topic, are you communicating with Erik about trackwork at all or have just been doing your own things?

The Maxamillious X-ffect Maxamillious's Avatar
    All thoes connectors at the bottom of the lift. ( the flangs thingys, lol ) Ya they need to go enither that of put like a 3D around the bottom of the lift to you cant tell that thier there, and just make the little 3D the motor or sumfin i dont know lol. Just a though, but i think there are to manny segments at the bottom of the lift. Good luck with the rest of the project.

- Max
    - Operation Boom 2 :: Back From The Dead -
    - The Next Defying Creation :: Eight Lanes One Thrilling Coster -
    - Goliaths Revenge :: Let The War Begin -

Roller Coaster Pro - Home To The Best RCT3 Productions!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Fiesta Texas | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Rattler - Six Flags Fiesta Texas | Steel Roller Coaster: Oblivion - Alton Towers

rawr!
    ^^I've been working independently pretty much, but Erik and I have discussed the layout and stuff

Q
    Favorites: | Wooden Roller Coaster: I have yet to ride a decent woodie :( | Steel Roller Coaster: Dueling Dragons: Ice

Quote Originally Posted by jimths08
    Man, I just did something amazing. I am doing a recreation of Mr. Freeze and I got the length right on exactly on the first try. No tweaking to get the length right. I just happened as I laid the track!

To keep on topic, are you communicating with Erik about trackwork at all or have just been doing your own things?
    I think there is already a recreation of Mr. Freeze in NL.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sfft_2108
    I think there is already a recreation of Mr. Freeze in NL.
    I know but its really subpar and theres no theming. Mines going to have within 150 feet of surrounding theming.

rawr!
    Okay, I think I am done...I hope you guys like it :\
    I tried to put in the barrel roll right before the MCBR, but the lateral g's kept going up to 1.1 g's and I think that is a bit high. So I just left that part out. I was really hoping I could get that 5th inversion in before the mcbr so that Erik could easily squeeze 3 more inversions in to break the floorless coaster inversion record. oh well...
    The overbank is banked at 132 degrees though, so I guess if we wanted to we could count that as an inversion, or a half one or something...

So yeh, here it is....
    Attached Files Attached Files

Q

Banned
    Sweet! Some of those bank transisions after the cobra roll were a little quick but me or Erik will fix them if needed. If you can pipes, send the track to Erik or somehow make sure he got it.

Terraformers, get ready, finished trackwork may take another 2 week or so but get ideas. I definately want an underground tunnel somewhere. I'll tell where when trackwork is done.

Great job people, its coming together.

I have it, I can download it from the post above the one above this one...

Using Elementary is I think not so good choice. You get supersmooth track, so for your inversions its perfect. But you can only change it by adjusting the formulae in Elementary. I had to remake the helix because the mcbr was too low, I had to raise it a bit. Maybe I will put your helix on using the Editor's export/import element feature but for now it's changed. I'll make an inclined loop, and interlocking corkscrews, maybe a final helix ("grand finale") and connect it. When I'm happy with it, pipesdrums gets the track again to watch what I have made of it.

EDIT
    I can't make nearly as perfect track as pipesdrums has done with that Elementary thingy... but I'll try some things out.
    Last edited by Erik Leppen; 05-19-2005 at 01:45 PM.
    I'm not active on this forum anymore.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Walibi World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Robin Hood - Walibi World | Steel Roller Coaster: Goliath - Walibi World

rawr!
    If you want I have all the formulas saved for every section I made, I could easily raise that helix for you if you want.

[edit] I made some new screenshots; http://nldc.interfix.net/p560
    The last one looks really cool

Q

Hey nice coaster.
    I think its smart using the elementray, it makes everything perect. Its frustrighting tho, but i mean i jsut keep edditing it untill its perfect becuase so far on this rollerocaster i am working on, i have never tuched a single little white handle thingy, not one. You might be best to stick with that idea and maby you can use it to losen up thoes transistions, becuase there a little quick. But other then that the ride was ok. I think it would also look better when you get some spourts and 3Ds in there because right now i think the lay out it sort of . . . i wont say bad, but it just doesent tickle my taist buds.

Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Fiesta Texas | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Rattler - Six Flags Fiesta Texas | Steel Roller Coaster: Oblivion - Alton Towers

rawr!
    The track is far from perfect..no one will ever be able to build a 'perfect' track in nolimits..
    as for those transitions, yeah I am not that happy with them either, which is why I am working on smoothing them out a little bit. The one transition that I just realized is complete garbage (it sucks when you work on stuff when you are half alseep and miss these things) is the transition out of the cobra roll.

Thats the good thing about working with tools like elementry and the purg, if you want to change a certain section all you need to do is go back to your saved formulas and changes a few numbers and presto...

The only thing I need to know is how high Erik changed the mcbr to.

Q

By Perfect you mean . . .

I mean like you can have it perfectly smooth if you spent like five or six months in the Elementary and Purg then it might be perfectly smooth. But i mean i dont think anyone can have the perfect layout tho. Everyone is different so we all fancy soemthing a little bit different. Anyway, i hope that this coaster turns out good for you guys. If you need help with anything let me know and i will see what i can do, other then that, im just gonna keep checking back for updates.

- Max

I'm still working on this... not permanently however, I have other things to do, but I just want to let you know that this project hasn't died.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Walibi World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Robin Hood - Walibi World | Steel Roller Coaster: Goliath - Walibi World

Banned
    Take your time. I still have to purchase my 3ds software anyways.

Ok well its good to see that this project is still alive. Do you think you could post so screan shots some time soon please? Its been a few days science the last update. But your guys are bussy so thats cool. Good luck and have fun!

- Max

Whoa I forgot about this. Any terrain work that should be done?

Banned
    Only when Erik gets done with the track after the MCBR.

I have the track closed, but it's not perfectly smooth, I'll try to work on it some more and then I upload it here. I'm sorry it's taking so long, that was'nt intended.

Banned
    Perfectly fine. As I've said many times, I'd rather have a smooth track than something built quickly. If you think the smoothing will take more than a week, please post some pics though.

I've started a new project on my project page so I'll take over screenshots now that terraforming is coming closer. Thanks though pipes for openin one up and keepin on top of things.

Here is my track. I have put some prefabs under it, just to check the colors. I did like the color of the track, however I didn't like the support color so I changed it to dark blue, I didn't do anything with the train color, that's up to you all. The supports are redundant, some of the nodes were for track alignment etc. so they can all be removed when the track is final.

Please tell me if you are happy with it. If you are, just remove the supports and go on with the second of the four steps, if not, please tell me what to improve and I'll see what I can do.

Sorry it took so long, but the point is, we have two comptuers at home, but only one can play NoLimits. Because of my music, I'm mostly at the other pc, so I can't work on NoLimits then. That's the main reason it took so long. I think this is my last community project for the moment, because of this reason. Anyways, here is the track.

ok i'll start w/terraforming. meow can finish
    VF count - a lot SFGam count - 2 CP count - 1

MUSE = Amazing band = WIN!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great America | Wooden Roller Coaster: American Eagle | Steel Roller Coaster: Raging Bull

ok, done. a little smoothing might be necessary, but looks good overall. I didn't ahve time to see if it worked out, but the way it looks it probably does.

Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great America | Wooden Roller Coaster: American Eagle | Steel Roller Coaster: Raging Bull

Banned
    ^wait, don't start yet. I want to look at the track before you start on the next thing, and I want Meowcoaster to start and you to possibly look it over.

I dont' know how you got in here and I really don't think you did. All the spots were filled a while back.

EDIT-I just looked at the track and there are a few spots that caught my eye on the negative. I won't tell which but if pipes wants to have a look, go ahead. I will not let terraforming start until the trackwork is completely done.

Pipes, tell us when you are done with tweaking. You can do tweakin or not but the track will not be passed until you say DONE.

The layout after the MCBR is pretty neat! I love the interlocking corkscrews. All the elements flow together very nicely. Great job!
    Last edited by jimths08; 06-13-2005 at 11:01 AM.

^hey I did a good job on that! besides, you can't just tell me to "look it over". I got here first with the job, i'm already done, meow can "look it over". meow can smooth and finish it off. my terraforming can't be beat!!!! hahaha!!!!

btw you let me into this, so i'm just doing what I said i'd do, terraformiong. I'm done, meow can do it now.

EDIT: check the second page jim, you let me in.
    Last edited by xbadx1233; 06-13-2005 at 11:47 AM.

Banned
    ^ Good, your done, Meow can flatten that "good" terraformin and start over. Xbad, It takes longer than an hour to get good terraformin. If I did say you could be in, your not now because your annoyin.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by jimths08
    Track-pipesdrums, Erik Leppen

Terraforming-meowcoaster1

Supports-Loki, bigboy_1234567

3ds-jimths08(possibly Tyrant from CS. for those of you who don't know him, he's an amazing 3ds dude who helped with pyter's thunderhead, and is doing Real's supports and themeing for Hydra. He sounded interested but wants to see more of the trackwork.)

Terrain work will not begin until trackwork is completely done and that relies on the tediousness and care of the trackers. I would guess at least a couple more weeks, more like a month or so.

Proves it there, I never acknowlegded you as terra. Look at the couple posts after you requested if you still don't agree.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast