Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: 8 Person Project

The Maxamillious X-ffect Maxamillious's Avatar
    Im 'Diggin' 'Door 3'

- Max
    - Operation Boom 2 :: Back From The Dead -
    - The Next Defying Creation :: Eight Lanes One Thrilling Coster -
    - Goliaths Revenge :: Let The War Begin -

Roller Coaster Pro - Home To The Best RCT3 Productions!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Fiesta Texas | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Rattler - Six Flags Fiesta Texas | Steel Roller Coaster: Oblivion - Alton Towers

Hey, sorry I've been gone for a while, my computer was being fixed. I've just sent a PM to Loki thrying to figure out how we're going to do this. Ex. He does the first half, I do the second. I also said if he's finished more that half it's alright becasue its my fault I've been gone. Sorry, I hope he isnt totally done, that would suck pretty bad. Also, we don't have to make the quere or bridges, do we? I think the 3D' ers would do that, but I just want to be sure. Thanks. Also I think the castle theme would be really cool. The MCBR could be within a turret, the track could go throught walls that look broken, etc. Just an idea.

What stage is this project on at the moment?

(kicking the thread up the list)
    I'm not active on this forum anymore.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Walibi World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Robin Hood - Walibi World | Steel Roller Coaster: Goliath - Walibi World

Supports my friend. I'm done up to the overbank. I'm going to the MCBR and Loki is going to do the rest. Although I might quit after the Zero G becasue the first half has more track than the second.

Banned
    (Just getting back home from Florida, dats y I have been gone)

Zero-g-roll is good cause the last half is all close to the ground anyways. What support structure did you do for the lift?

Sort of a cross between a B&M Hyper and Floorless. Thick beams at the beginning, and the think beams that come out from a center point near the top. Take a look at Riddler's Revenge for what the upper part looks like. I also added the chain return. (At least I think thats what it is.)

Link:
    http://www.rcdb.com/ig470.htm?picture=21

Banned
    Ok, looks like theming will be aqua with underwater tunnels and mists with corresponding animals. I'll have to look at the track for awhile to get a feel for ideas but go ahead and post some from yourself.

Hey. I have a little bit of a problem. I had supports dune up to the beginning of the Zero G Roll, but now when I load the track, the lift supports are the only ones left. I have NO idea what happened, maybe the real track is in another folder. I'll look around. However, this got me thinking, shouldn't 3D's be done before supports.I think builing 3D's around supports would be harder than building supports around 3D's. With no supports, the 3D's are limited only by your imagination. I could upload the track w/ the lift supports and the 3D'ers could go first. Could somebody give me a link with the coasters that have these so called "Bridges" I could'nt find them anywhere. Maybe I could do those instead then. Who nows, let us know what you think, maybe losing those supports was a good thing!

Banned
    3ds need to be done after supports because the supports need to work in real life and if theres a building where you need to put a footer, thats not good. If you don't want to work on it, just say so. I still have to buy my 3ds software anyways. I was planning on 3ds bridges to make them look nice but idk.

EDIT: About the crash, I have no idea what to do.

No I still want to do the project, I was just thinking about that switch. It really does suck about the crash though, the supports will now take longer than expected. Sorry.

Banned
    Its allright, theres going to be a slight hang period anyways; as I said, I still have to buy my 3ds software.

Banned
    So can I get an idea on where we are with supports?

Sorry, they've been taking so long, I've been really busy, but I guess no excuse is gonna cover my ass. I have everything done except for the Cobra Roll. I also made this cool bridge for the 0-g roll, lots of headchoppers. The thing I'm really having problems with is the support connectors, they always seem off, and take forever to get straight. Anybody have any tips on how to make them easily. Sorry for taking so long, if I can figure out how the make the connectors better, it can be done in a week. I can't believe I just neglected this ride, casue its pretty sweet. I'll maybe try to add screens of the supports in the coming days. Oh yah, there is also a really close headchopper going through the inclined loop, which is why it doesnt have a bridge. Anyway, if you decide to take me off the project, it's my own fault. Sorry!

P.S. Jim, do you have your 3d's software yet. Just curious.

Banned
    I don't have my 3ds program yet so supports are not rushed at all. I don't care how long supports take. If your talking about support to track connectors, I'll do those but the touch-up support connectors you on your own! =P

What are touch-up support connectors?
    I'm not active on this forum anymore.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Walibi World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Robin Hood - Walibi World | Steel Roller Coaster: Goliath - Walibi World

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345