Thread: Should Six Flags Over Texas Ever Edited Texas Giant's Track?

Corkscrew Poster coasterfreak14's Avatar

Question Should Six Flags Over Texas Ever Edited Texas Giant's Track?

I was thinking,"What if Six Flags Over Texas never edited the Texas Giant's track?" I never got to ride it before they did. Does anyone think they should have left it how it was? Was it better? I've seen a video before they edited it and it looked better. Just wondering.

coasterfreak14
    http://www.coastermania.zoomshare.com

This is the first time that I have heard of Texas Giant being edited so to speak. When did this take place?

NATURE'S MOST POWERFUL STORM! Jimmy B's Avatar
    I'm still pondering to myself whether all that re-tracking has helped the Texas Giant. Most are saying it is helping, but the more they've done it, the less smooth it has become. Certainly, it was a lot better back in its "glory days" of 1996 and 1997, when it was the world's top ranked. Also the carpenters at the park haven't been very pleased with the way it was constructed.
    (Originally known as Hurricane) -- and the newest iCarly fan.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six-Flags over Texas | Wooden Roller Coaster: Texas Giant | Steel Roller Coaster: Titan

I haven't heard of this either. What exactly was changed about it, and when did they do it?
    Aaron Cedoras: Thrillnetwork Story Editor
    "Dead men tell no tales..."

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghostrider | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force and Steel Dragon 2000. I can't make up my mind between the two, so don't ask.

Banned
    What happened to it? Are you talking about the park retracking the ride, or messing with the layout slightly?

NATURE'S MOST POWERFUL STORM! Jimmy B's Avatar
    The layout has never changed as far as I know, but the Texas Giant's re-tracking has been a continuous and practically never-ending process; I'm sure that is the change he is referring to.
    (Originally known as Hurricane) -- and the newest iCarly fan.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six-Flags over Texas | Wooden Roller Coaster: Texas Giant | Steel Roller Coaster: Titan

It seems like he is talking about a major re do or something. Cause what is the big deal of layin some new wood on the coaster? lol.

Corkscrew Poster coasterfreak14's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sfft_2108
    This is the first time that I have heard of Texas Giant being edited so to speak. When did this take place?
    It was. If you watch the video at the Discovery Channel website, you can see that it is different then than it is now.

Texas Giant Video: http://travel.discovery.com/guides/v...wood/wood.html

The 3rd turn is where the most visible change was made. It used to go down a little about midway, and then it went back up all the way to the top. Now it's just goes up. The others are barely recognizable.
    Last edited by coasterfreak14; 05-30-2005 at 07:58 PM.

TxGiant was changed drastically (IMHO) when they removed the double-up on turn 3. This was one of the most brutal, insane, violent sections of track on any coaster.

Whether or not you think it improved the ride depends on how much you like getting slammed into the side of the car, then the lap bar, then the side of the car again, and then your seat. All in about two-and-a-half seconds.

It's not as obvious as Rattler work at least.
    ThrillNetwork Editor - Originally: CHILLERLC1
    2001 - 10 Years of ThrillNetwork - 2011
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender