Thread: Great Adventure - the first time in two years

Better Than Any Roller Coaster SFGadvKing's Avatar

Great Adventure - the first time in two years

so long for the sfgadvking i finally got around to going to great adventure for the first time since early 2003 when superman was the big hit. after i took my history final in school, it was 10:00 and i said to a friend of mine "its so early, we should to to six flags or something" he said "ok" so we left school and went to six flags. our plan was for me to buy a season pass, go into the park, get it processed, go back outside the park to my friend who has been waiting, and use the "bring a friend for free" ticket with my season pass. i got into the park at noon and i got in line for the processing. i ended up getting my back to my friend who was waiting by himself at 1:30. six *******ing flags put one very old man in the f**ing season pass processing building to handle all the damn people.

once we got into the park, of course kingda ka was closed, i mean, would it be six flags like to have their main attraction open on a scorchering friday with very large crowds? no, of course not. we rode nitro 3 times, all fantastic rides and rode superman once, also a great ride. we also rode stuntmans freefall which i realized is an old piece of **** which should be where viper is right now (in small pieces in a junkyard). the 4 rollercoaster rides i got on were great but the rest of the day pretty much sucked.

i did get a season pass which means i will be going back. im not going back because i like the park, im going back so i can get a ride on the tallest and fastest rollercoaster in the world and to get more rides on nitro.

my first time riding a rollercoaster in almost two years, what an experience
    I was once TN's top poster!
    2007 Gadv Count: Kingda Ka-6, El Toro-6, Nitro-4, Medusa-2, S:UF-2, R:TC-1, B:TC-, GASM-0, Skull Mt-0, B:TR-0, RMT-0, RT-0
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Kingda Ka

Do you really expect to get on KK more then once? Hopefully your next visit will be better.

I realized over the years when I got a season pass in '01,'03, and Play Pass in '05: "Why immediatly wait in the Season Pass line?" I thought outside the box on that one. I preserved my sheet in my pocket and got on all the rides I wanted, then got the Season Pass processed.
    ThrillNetwork Editor - Originally: CHILLERLC1
    2001 - 10 Years of ThrillNetwork - 2011
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

I got my first season pass two years ago, and had to wait in that stupid line and get my picture taken and all that mumbo jumbo. But now all I do is go online, and type in my old card number and they will renew your card with no need to take a new picture. Just thought that might help if you get a season pass next season and want to avoid the processing line.
    New York Yankees - 2009 WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: S:RoS

So if you go online and renew your card, do you pick it up at the park, or do they mail it to you?
    ▌------0-120mph------▌4sec ↑420ft ↓420ft
    Favorites: Amusement Park: CP | Wooden Roller Coaster: Texas Giant | Steel Roller Coaster: Top Thrill Dragster

Inverted Tophat Poster coasterdude28's Avatar
    They mail it to you, I think.
    Batman and Robin: The Chiller
    1997 - 2007
    Favorites: Amusement Park: safadsg

They do mail it to you. That's how I got my SFOG pass.

SFGadvKing, it sucks that you had a bad experience. I hope you get to ride Kingda Ka next time.

Teh Band
    Quote Originally Posted by SFGadvKing
    six *******ing flags put one very old man in the f**ing season pass processing building to handle all the damn people.
    It must have been Mr Six

Welcome to gadv is all I have to say to you king.

I think you can ask admin to change your sn, but I am not sure though.

This is definately a rare case. Most visits to GAdv this year have excelent. Hopefully your next visit will be better.

P.S. Slnewbus - no need for SF bashing
    1997 - 2007

He can't make a simple joke now? I'm always saying he's bashing, and for me to say that he's not, you know he isn't.
    I've been real all my life, they confuse it with conceit
    Since I will not lose, they try to help him cheat
    But I will not lose, for even in defeat
    There's a valuable lesson learned, so it evens it up for me
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Universal Studios Hollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Nitro

On the hunt for 400 Thunderhawk's Avatar
    Season pass wait lines always suck. When I got mine at Dorney this year, it was before the park opened during a week day; even though the park hadn't opened yet for the year, there was still about a 2 hour wait on a Wednesday or Thursday afternoon to get our passes processed. They had two women working (who moved slow as anything). Had we not bought our passes online in advance, there would have been roughly an additional 20-30 minutes wait just to buy the pass. Essentially, getting a season pass processed is always going to suck.
    My hardest earned credit is The Legend at Holiday World, first ridden 5.19.2012, exactly 1399 days after my first visit to Holiday World.
    Next up: Beech Bend/Kentucky Kingdom/Kings Island/Cedar Point
    Favorites: Amusement Park: SFGAdv/Cedar Point/SFMM | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Ravine Flyer II, Outlaw Run, Prowler | Steel Roller Coaster: Bizarro @ SFNE, New Texas Giant, Iron Rattler

Welcome to DP is all I have to say to you thunder.
    1997 - 2007

maybe tehres no need for SF bashing but theres a good need for old people bashing
    I'm in love with 30 Rock, Outkast and Maverick.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands Of Adventure

Teh Band
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderhawk
    Season pass wait lines always suck.
    They do always suck. That is why you go when they first start making them. That is what my family did, and it took them about 15 minutes to get through it all. You people have to consider that it takes alot of work to make those things. They have to get all the information together, take a picture, make the card. That takes a while. Then doing it for hundreds of people takes even longer.

P.S. Buy the season pass at the end of the previous season, for they are usually up to 30 bucks cheaper, and there is like no line to buy them.

Another tip. Use the same picture from last year and you won't have to wait in that line.

Quote Originally Posted by coasterdude28
    Welcome to DP is all I have to say to you thunder.
    At least the season pass processing line is one of the ONLY slow lines at DP, unlike at gadv
    Last edited by slnewbus; 06-14-2005 at 08:56 AM.

On the hunt for 400 Thunderhawk's Avatar
    Thanks for the tips; I would have bought one at the end of last season, but I wasn't sure I'd use it. I graduated from a college near Dorney this year; I only got a season pass to use it on a trip to Cedar Point/Geauga Lake/PKI. Heh, I've used it more at Cedar Point than Dorney, come to think of it (three days)
    My hardest earned credit is The Legend at Holiday World, first ridden 5.19.2012, exactly 1399 days after my first visit to Holiday World.
    Next up: Beech Bend/Kentucky Kingdom/Kings Island/Cedar Point
    Favorites: Amusement Park: SFGAdv/Cedar Point/SFMM | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Ravine Flyer II, Outlaw Run, Prowler | Steel Roller Coaster: Bizarro @ SFNE, New Texas Giant, Iron Rattler

Teh Band
    ^You can return the season pass up to july if you don't use it. Out of curiosity, what college?