Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ride speeches.

Teh Band

Ride speeches.

Do you have the speech from your ride memorized? If you do say it. Here goes.

Welcome to Talon. Oncoming riders please secure all loose items you are carrying with you. Enter the train, pull your shoulder harness securely down to you and fasten your seatbelt. Sit up, facing forward in an upright position with your head, back, and shoulders against the seat and hold on to your shoulder harness until the ride comes to a complete stop. Also please keep all parts of your body inside the train at all times. If you need assistance notify an attendant to help you. Thank you and enjoy your ride!

Welcome back! We hope you enjoyed your ride. At this time unfasten your seatbelt, lift up on your shoulder harness, exit to your left and walk carefully down the exit stairs. Thank you for riding talon and enjoy your stay here at Dorney Park and Wildwater Kingdom.

The Maxamillious X-ffect Maxamillious's Avatar
    Dang!

I could never remember all of that! How manny times have you rode Talon!?

- Max
    - Operation Boom 2 :: Back From The Dead -
    - The Next Defying Creation :: Eight Lanes One Thrilling Coster -
    - Goliaths Revenge :: Let The War Begin -

Roller Coaster Pro - Home To The Best RCT3 Productions!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Fiesta Texas | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Rattler - Six Flags Fiesta Texas | Steel Roller Coaster: Oblivion - Alton Towers

^It helps when you work the ride.
    Ask me why I say Banshee is NOT the new Kings Island coaster.
    Be sure to check out Speedzone as I have made 11 additions.

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, circa 1989 | Wooden Roller Coaster: Blue Streak (CP) | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force (CP), never been on Drachen Fire

Inverted Tophat Poster coasterdude28's Avatar
    That's definately a mouthfull. If I ever become an attendant I will most like remember my speech cause I like memorizing things.
    Batman and Robin: The Chiller
    1997 - 2007
    Favorites: Amusement Park: safadsg

They made us learn them during training. We call them verbals. I know all my verbals for all the rides im certified on. So this post isn't huge, I'll post my favorite one...Thunderbolt.

Attention riders! Welcome to Thunderbolt. Please secure all lose articles as clementon park is not responsible for lost or damaged items. Please remain seated at all times and keep all arms hands and legs inside the car at all time. Do NOT ROCK THE CARS, I repeat DO NOT ROCK THE CARS. This ride travels in two directions, forwards and backwards. Please remain seated when the ride comes to its first stop. Thank You, Enjoy your ride on Thunderbolt.
    --Then the ride comes to its first stop--
    Attention riders! Please remain seated the ride is not over, I repeat the ride is not over. We're just slowing you down to take you backwards. (I swear thats the corniest line I ever heard)
    --The ride is over--
    Attention riders! Please remain seated until the ride comes to a complete stop. When the ride has come to a complete stop you may push down on the yellow button and push up on your lapbars. Please exit to the left of your vehicle onto the red walkway. Walk DO NOT run and enjoy the rest of your day here at Clementon Park.
    Former Clementon Park Ride Op
    J2 Attendant 2005
    Clementon Park Rides Supervisor 2009
    On-Ride Central is returning Summer 2009!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Hellcat (J2) | Steel Roller Coaster: Kingda Ka

Intimidating Poster! Carowinds 73-03's Avatar
    We mainly have an automatic speel but we have to say a few things.

Please secure all loose articles. Carowinds is not responcible for items lost, damaged or stolen durring your ride.

Please do not sit,stand or swing on the handrails.

Thank you for riding Top Gun, Enjoy the rest of your day at Carowinds.

Teh Band
    Ours is automatic too.

There are a few things we say like.

please do not sit stand or swing on the handrails,

recheck rows ..........

or talon is ready and holding

holding

and stuff like that.

I'm the good looking one Steven's Avatar
    They're called spiels .

I can do the Magnum one from heart. The sad thing is it's since been replaced by a sucky autospeiler... I hate those things.

Loading riders:
    Oncoming riders, welcome to the Magnum XL-200. Once you have taken your seat be sure to fasten your orange saftey belt and push down on your black lapbar until it is secure against your lap.

Please secure any and all loose items, including hats, glasses, keys, wallets, phones, or bags. Cedar Point cannot and will not be responsible for lost, damaged or stolen items.

For your safety, picture taking is strictly prohibited so please secure your cameras. Also, keep your hands and arms inside the train at all times.

Tonight we'll be taking you up 205 feet, dropping you down 192 at a 60 degree angle at speeds of up to 72 miles an hour. Sit back, relax, enjoy the view of Lake Erie tonight on the Magnum XL-200.

Returning:
    Welcome back (color of train) train, how was your ride? <yeah!>. Once the train has come to a complete stop unbuckle your seatbelt and pull up on your lapbar, then exit to your right. Be sure to check out your photo at the Magnum photo booth and enjoy the rest of your day at Cedar Point, America's roller coast.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum

Only some of our rides have those automatic verbals. Joe should really get all the flats those things. Although they're annoying sometimes, it would come in handy. No more worrying about ops screwing up verbals. J2 has the buttons for automatic verbals, but they don't work this season??? The Inverter verbals crack me up, they sound so...odd.
    J2 Attendant 2005
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Hellcat (J2) | Steel Roller Coaster: Kingda Ka

Inverted Tophat Poster coasterdude28's Avatar
    Yea, I noticed that the J2 panel had about 20 different sayings on it.
    Batman and Robin: The Chiller
    1997 - 2007
    Favorites: Amusement Park: safadsg

SFAW's infamous Ultra Twister has an infamous speil. "Moving conveyor, please watch your step." When you wait in line, you hear it, at the least, 30 - 45 times... It sure gets stuck in the head fast, but after riding, you definitely forget it until you unfortunately hear it again by accident... Does anyone know if SFGADV had that same speil?
    ThrillNetwork Editor (past tense: lectricShark)
    Never forget justice is what love looks like in public. -- OXFAM

And in the end we lie awake and we dream of making our escape.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags AstroWorld or Six Flags Over Texas. | Wooden Roller Coaster: Texas Cyclone (RIP). | Steel Roller Coaster: Titan.

Teh Band
    Oh I forgot the most important thing we say over the microphone,

Ready, all clear, your outta here, dispatch, enjoy your ride.

well we all say something different. It's basically the same thing but with our own little twist. Here's my racer speech

"On coming riders,please find a seat quickly and fasten your saftey belt. If you're a single rider please fasten the seat belt next to you."

After the seat belts have been checked i say:

"At this time please push foward and pull down on your saftey bar. Once your bar is down, please keep your hands and arms away untill one of our attendents checks it."

Then when i get a thumbs up I say:

"All clear, enjoy your ride"

When they get back i say:

"Welcome back riders, when both trains come to a complete stop exit towards the outsides Thank you for riding the racer and enjoy the rest of your day here at Kennywood.

The Jack rabbit speech is

Riders on the platform please stay one step behind the yellow line untill the train comes to a comlete stop. All clear enjoy your ride

Welcome back riders thank you for riding the jack rabbit, when the train comes to a complete stop exit to your right and enjoy the rest of your day here at KW.
    Kennywood Team Member 2004 Kiddieland
    2005 Racer/Jack Rabbit Crew
    2006 Racer/Skycoaster/Paddle Boats Crew
    2007 Thunderbolt/Turtle/Gold Rusher Crew
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Kennywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderbolt | Steel Roller Coaster: Phantom's Revenge

I remember the one from Big Bad Wolf they used to say as you were leaving...

Enjoy riding at the speed of fright. And some would even howl like a wolf. lol
    Intimidator Ride Count - 313

Proud Member of the 200 Club! - Current Count - 203

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

Well I'm not gonna list all the speeches I have, but I will list my favorite one which is for the Wildcat Roller Coaster. Now keep in mind, this is my personal speech, which I switch up from time to time. I like to be creative and orginal with them sometimes so people don't get bored listening to the same thing over and over. But I still get them all the information they need.

Platform Speech
    "Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls, welcome to the Wildcat coaster. While on the platform we ask that you do not eat drink smoke or sit on the railings. Please remain behind the yellow lines and inside the que gates with the doors closed at all times. As a remind you must be atleast 48 inches tall to ride and must be wearing shirt and shoes."

Loading Speech
    "Please fasten your seat belts and lower your lapbars. Keep your arms and legs inside the car at all times and remind seated for the duration of the ride. Don't forget to secure all loose articles such as hats, bags and glasses. If you loose anything on the Wildcat coaster it is gone forever and will be auctioned off on eBay. Thank you and enjoy your ride.

Unloading Speech
    Welcome back, how was your ride!!! Please unfasten your seatbelts, raise your lapbars and exit to the left. Don't forget anything you may have left behind. Thank you for riding the Wildcat coaster and enjoy the rest of your day here at The Lake.

The eBay comment goes along with the eBay commercial songs I periodicly sing over the mic. And yes, I am crazy, so you don't have to ask, lol.
    "Please secure all loose articles such as hats, bags and glasses. Anything lost on the Wildcat coaster is gone forever and will be auctioned off on eBay"
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Lake Compounce | Wooden Roller Coaster: Boulder Dash | Steel Roller Coaster: Superman Ride of Steel @ SFNE

Haha, I like that ebay thing. I'll have to use that some time
    J2 Attendant 2005

Wooden Poster
    Mines is also automatic

:Please secure all loose articles loose articles are not permitted, you may hand articles to an anttendant. But we are not responsible for them keep your head agaisnt the head rest facing forward through out your ride thank you:-Loading

:Welcome back we hope you enjoyed your ride here at Volcano the Blast coaster please exit ti your right, walk down the exit ramp and enjoy the rest of your day here at Paramount's Kings Dominion: Exit

At MF the only spiels we consistently do are at controls and at unload. We have set spiels to do, but the majority of the time we like to mix it up as to not remain monotonous.
    Millennium Force Crew '05
    Magnum Crew '06

Proud member of the Notre Dame Class of 2008
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Jack Rabbit | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum XL-200

Looping Poster
    Man! some of those speeches were something else. How long looking at the copy before it was in your head. The most I ever said was welcome to the _ please remain seated at all times, keep your arms and legs inside the car at all times. Here we go! Enjoy your ride. Then of course the little closeing spiel which is my sig below.
    Please remain seated until the ride comes to a full and complete stop.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Rye Playland | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum XL

I've never understood the whole "keep your hands inside the car at all times".

It's an open air car, how can I keep my hands inside???
    Intimidator Ride Count - 313

Proud Member of the 200 Club! - Current Count - 203

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

I'm the good looking one Steven's Avatar
    Technically you are supposed to have your hands either on grab rails or holding on to the lapbar (and not up in the air). Having them up (especially above head level or outside the train's boundaries -- think if your hand was sticking out of car with no top on it) is considered "outside" the train.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum

Lol when I was online for Superman The Ultimate Flight the operator had me laughing.he kept saying crappy but witty things like "Watch the floor as it sinks you soar here on Superman The Ultimate Flight" I thought it was funny.=D
    1 year on TN WOOT!
    http://myspace.com/gurlfromthe21stcentury
    Hi! I am a forum signature virus. Please copy/paste me to your signature to help me spread!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Great Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Gonna be El Toro soon as it opens | Steel Roller Coaster: KingDa Ka

Raptor (CP) is like that too. Something like, "Watch the floor disappear, and soon you will too." I remember going to CP during Physics Day 2000. MF was down for the day, so hearing the spiel for CCMR, "We will take you up _____ centi (or was it milli)meters." Just the randomness of that since MF was down for most of the day.
    Ask me why I say Banshee is NOT the new Kings Island coaster.
    Be sure to check out Speedzone as I have made 11 additions.

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, circa 1989 | Wooden Roller Coaster: Blue Streak (CP) | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force (CP), never been on Drachen Fire

House of the Late Scapegoat phantompenguin's Avatar
    I generally mix things up with my spiels. Same general message but in different wording. That and I like to randomly change the name of the ride

I get some weird looks when I say "enjoy your ride on Le Cachot" when the King Kahuna takes off.
    phantompenguin
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Kennywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderbolt | Steel Roller Coaster: Incredible Hulk

Lol. The Op at J2 does something like that. He'll change the color of the lapbars, he'll call them teal, blue, green, yeallow, terra-colored...but they're really orange..lol
    J2 Attendant 2005

What about the final line once the people are moving. Like on Apollo's Chariot:
    "Enjoy your voyage to the sun on the wings of Apollo's Chariot."

Is that spieled or do you have to memorize it?
    I Love B&M Hypercoasters.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Grizzly | Steel Roller Coaster: Nitro

Quote Originally Posted by Scottywood

Loading Speech
    "Please fasten your seat belts and lower your lapbars. Keep your arms and legs inside the car at all times and remind seated for the duration of the ride. Don't forget to secure all loose articles such as hats, bags and glasses. If you loose anything on the Wildcat coaster it is gone forever and will be auctioned off on eBay. Thank you and enjoy your ride.
    Quote Originally Posted by awilso84
    (Exiting)

Welcome back riders, did you enjoy your ride? If you enjoyed your ride my name is Andy and this is the Thunderhead, however, if you did not enjoy your ride my name is Bob and this is the Blazing Fury (or some other ride on park). When the train stops completely, pull down and push up on the orange restraint bar, unfasten your seatbelt, and exit to your left. Don't forget to collect all your personal belongings, including your children, and have a great day in Dollywood.
    I loved those 2. I showed them to my manager today. We're going to try and get these set-up for our automatic verbals or "spiels" or whatever..lol
    J2 Attendant 2005

Will he use it for good or.... Ta2KX's Avatar
    Wwwelcome oncoming riders to Mean Streak, the 4th tallest wooden coaster in the world. Enter the train quickly and carefully and fasten your safety belts. Pull down on your orange lap bar and lift up to make sure it is safely locked in place. Secure any and all loose articles that you do not wish to lose as Cedar Point cannot be held resposible for anything lost on the ride. Secure all cameras, picture taking is strictly prohibited while riding.

We will be taking you up 161 feet dropping you 15 stories at a 52 degree angle reaching a top speed of 66 mph. The one mile track will be complete in 3 minutes and 10 seconds so sit upright, hold on tight and enjoy your ride.

. . {if there's time} The Mean Streak reaches a top speed of 66 mph, hey Abby, do you know what animal goes 66 mph ( a Cheetah? ) a cheetah folks!! A cheetah goes 66 mph! -- Nancy, crew 04

(clear)

Red train riders, we're putting the thrill and the fear into high gear and sending you outta here, see ya back in 3.10.

Wwwwelcome back red train, tell me, how was that ride . . . allright. When the train comes to complete and final stop right abooout meow, push down and pull up on your lap bars and unfasten your safety belts and exit left all the way down to the main midway. Thank you for riding Mean Streak and we hope you enjoy the rest of your day here at Cedar Point, America's rip-rockin, hip-hoppin', non-stoppin rollercoast.
    Last edited by Ta2KX; 06-22-2005 at 11:51 PM.
    Thank you for riding Reaper! Drop Ride to Doom, and remember to desecrate a sanctuary today.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum XL-200, employee mode

New Mexico Rattler Poster BryanWood's Avatar
    I've heard the good and the bad.

The funniest I've heard was on Jackrabbit at Kennywood. Since people load into the station before the train rolls in and there are no barriers, I heard an op say once "Please stay behind the yellow line until the train comes to a complete stop or else your leg will be stripped of its skin and muscles right down to the bone."

I haven't heard any really bad ones, but my friend was at CP recently and heard a ridiculously toolish comment by a Gemini op. "Did you know Gemini is actually a steel roller coaster with wooden supports?". Apparently, he looked accomplished after he stated that tidbit of joy and rendered himself a tool. I wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't an enthusiast trying to get people to stop saying that Gemini is a wooden coaster. Keep it simple, keep it fun, inform people of the rules, but don't try to place yourself above people.
    Bryan Wood
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Knoebel's, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Voyage, Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Goliath-SFoG, Phantom's Revenge

All of our coasters have automatic speech's but the smaller rides have manual ones. Even at some of the bigger rides if you want to say the speech you can, there is always a microphone there. Here is Lightning Racer's speech:

Unloading:
    Welcome back and the winner is (Thunder/Lightning). Please remain seated until the train stops in the station, once it has push down and pull up on your lap bar, unbuckle your seatbelt and exit to the opposite side from which you entered. Thank you for riding Lightning Racer and enjoy your day at Hersheypark.

Loading:
    Once the gates have open please load each available seat with no more than two riders. Once you are seated, buckle your seatbelt and secure all loose articles. Remember your seatbelt must be buckled. To lower your lap bar, simply push forward and then pull back. For those of you waiting inline, please stand behind the yellow line as the gates will be closing. During your ride please keep your head back and centered and keep your arms and legs inside the car at all times. The dueling aspect of this ride makes any object released from the train a hazardous projectile capable of causing serious injury to riders in oncoming trains. Riders are warned to never throw anything from the train. Now prepare to duel. Start your engines. (**Dispatch**)

Again all we have to do is push the button and the speech plays we dont have to say all of that everytime.
    Last edited by Tbakmtown2006; 08-20-2005 at 05:26 PM.
    ~~~Proud HersheyPark Rides Department employee (4years)~~~ 2006 Ride Lead
    http://www.hersheypa.com/attractions/hersheypark/
    Favorites: Amusement Park: HersheyPark | Wooden Roller Coaster: Lighting Racer (Lighting) | Steel Roller Coaster: Storm Runner

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast