Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ride speeches.

Rolling Thunder Poster ThunderDan's Avatar
    I think I can remember some of spiels (beyond the safety spiels) but it has been a few years:

Rolling Thunder--

Enjoy your ride on the hills of thrills.
    It's a race between the Red Barron and Blue Bomber. First one who returns goes again! (Yeah!) Just kidding.
    Enjoy your ride through the clouds!
    Enjoy your ride in the storm.
    Batten down the hatches and secure loose articles.
    (As the clouds roll in and lightning flashes) prepare to weather the storm!
    If you stand up and we catch you, you will be thrown out of the park. If you stand up and we don't catch you, you will be thrown from the ride.
    Fright Fest: Keep your appendages, intestines, and bile inside the Hearse. Enjoy your ride through the void on Bloody Red/Yucky Yellow/Goulish Green/Bile Blue.

Viper: Prepare to be bitten by the Viper. There is no antidote. (SSSSSSSSSSssssssss!)

Medusa: Battle the beast!

GASM: Welcome to the Arrow Dynamics Proving Grounds. We're going to fly you, flip you, turn you and twist you! Keep your neck back and chin up; Keep your eyes to the center spine; Look up to the ground as you fly upside down.
    Flightdeck ready for take off.
    Enjoy the scream!
    Last edited by ThunderDan; 07-11-2005 at 08:26 PM.
    SFGADV, DP, IB, SFSTL, W.Dells, SFGAM, PKI, HW, SFKK, HHNJ, SFA, Clementon, SFNE & LC in '05

Disneyland, California Adventure, Knotts, SFMM, Dollywood, Rye & Coney Island in '06
    Favorites: Amusement Park: EPCOT (Theme Park), Kennywood (Amusement Park), Six Flags Worlds of Adventure (Thrill park) | Wooden Roller Coaster: Hades | Steel Roller Coaster: Superman: Ride of Steel: SFNE

i like the thunderbolt speeches.
    The end verbals:
    sittin tall havin a ball im sorry to say thats it thats all.
    movin fast havin a blast im sorry to say your ride is in the past.

and the go faster ones:
    youve stepped up youve stepped in, now were gonna take you for a spin, hold on tight and have no fear, sit back riders your outta here.

im givin it all the juice, cuttin it loose takin it to the top givin it all shes got, but if you guys wanna go faster, i need somebody everybody screeeeeaaaaaam.

and last:
    you paid your toll you sold your soul, now im the one whos in control, hold on tight cause we do it rite it time to send you faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Scottywood

Loading Speech
    "Please fasten your seat belts and lower your lapbars. Keep your arms and legs inside the car at all times and remind seated for the duration of the ride. Don't forget to secure all loose articles such as hats, bags and glasses. If you loose anything on the Wildcat coaster it is gone forever and will be auctioned off on eBay. Thank you and enjoy your ride.

The eBay comment goes along with the eBay commercial songs I periodicly sing over the mic. And yes, I am crazy, so you don't have to ask, lol.
    Now that is a good one and sign of the times.

80's Hair
    It's gonna take an act of faith
    To stand up and face the day
    It's gonna take an act of faith
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: Millienium Force

On Sea Dragon at Wyandot Lake, they installed an auto spieler (Ladies and Gentlemen, welcome to Wyandot Lake's Sea Dragon! While riding we ask that you keep your arms, hands, legs, and elbows inside the car at all times. Please secure any loose articles you may have, and enjoy your ride.), but I had an op one day who used the microphone instead of the spiel, and when we were about to go, he said "Enjoy your ride on the tallest and fastest roller coaster... In Columbus, Ohio, the Sea Dragon!" It was really funny cause it's the only roller coaster in Columbus, and is 35 feet tall!

From the now closed "Alien Encounter" at Magic Kingdom/Tomorrowland.

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the TOmorrowland interplantery convention center. What you are about to experience is an intense science experiment feature loud noises, bright flashing lights, and periods of complete and total darkness. Guests not meeting the 44 inch height requirement may not experience this attraction. Once inside the convention center, please refrain from eating, drinking, and smoking. For the safety of our scientific equipment, no flash photography or video tapping. All cameras must be turned off prior to entering the building. Enjoy your encounter and remember the seize the future with XS".

What is really sad is the attraction has been closed since October of 2003. That means I haven't worked it since October of 2003. Man, they must of programmed me well since I still remember the speil.
    Once the lift chain lets go...it's God and Gravity in control
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Member previously known as daughter_of_beast
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

I liked the spiels at ERT on Deja Vu last CoasterCon.

"Enjoy your ride on the only operating Deja Vu!"
    and the infamous...
    "There goes the floor, you're out the back door - see you back here in a minute 34!"

i'll do my 2 favorite rides just to show how similar the speils are.

RAGING WOLF BOBS
    Oncoming riders, Welcome to the Raging Wolf Bobs. For your safety and the safety of others we ask that you remain seated at all times. Also we ask that you please secure any loose or valuable articles as Geauga Lake and it's ride staff, cannot be held responsible for anything lost, stolen, or damaged while on your ride. Thank you and enjoy your ride.
    Ready?
    All Clear!
    See you back here in 2minutes and 28 seconds.

Welcome back riders. We hope you enjoyed your ride. Please remain seated until the ride has come to a complete and final stop. (wait for the stop) Thank you at this time you are clear to carefully exit toward the left rear of the station. Thank you for riding Raging Wolf Bobs and enjoy the rest of your day here at the New, Geauga Lake and Wildwater Kingdom.

THRILLER BEES
    Oncoming riders, Welcome to the Thriller Bees. For your safety and the safety of others we ask that you remain seated keeping your hands, arms, and legs inside the ride at all times. Also we ask that you please secure any loose or valuable articles as Geauga Lake and it's ride staff, cannot be held responsible for anything lost, stolen, or damaged while on your ride. Thank you and enjoy your ride.

Welcome back riders. We hope you enjoyed your ride. Please remain seated until the ride has come to a complete and final stop. (wait for the stop and green on light to go off) Thank you at this time you are clear to carefully exit your car to the left and exit the ride next to the operators booth. Thank you for riding the Thriller Bees and enjoy the rest of your day here at the, New, Geauga Lake and Wildwater Kingdom.
    Xtreme Coaster Enthusiast
    Finding my way in the world, and riding some awesome coasters while I'm at it!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Waldameer, Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead, Ravine Flyer II, Colossus, Raging Wolf Bobs | Steel Roller Coaster: Diamondback, Maverick, Magnum

On Nitro before you leave the station the one of the ops makes a noise with his mouth that sounds like he's imitation a machine gun and then he says "Enjoy your ride on Nitro"

Mostly on Chiller the from his raised op booth says "Train has been checked. All clear. Bye. (launch) Sometimes the op will go "10, 9, 8, 1, launch! (launch)

Those are the only ones I remember from this past Saturday.
    New York Yankees - 2009 WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: S:RoS

Kingda ka

(most times)
    welcome to King--da--- Ka---- when the air gates open go to the seats in front of you and enjoy your record breaking ride on kingda Ka

(More often)
    Sorry For the inconvineince But due to technical difacultys Kingda Ka will be closed for the remander of the day. Enjoy the rest of your day here at six flags great adventure

the most anoyinig things on rides is on rides are on

Runaway minetrain the the ride OP wouldn't start the ride untill everyone said Chooo Choooo

Rolling thunder, who said yeha----------------------------------------------for like 2 minutes
    Last edited by Kingdakasurivor; 08-23-2005 at 03:48 PM.

The best I ever heard was about 8 years ago at Busch Gardens. I still wonder if the kid got fired?? It was the last ride of the night, on Big Bad Wolf. Here is what we heard just before we got on..."Welcome to Jennifers Busch" (I immediatly looked at my husband and cracked up!). Then we heard, "you know riding on Loch Ness, you might not return!" Then, we heard, "are you people sure you want to actually ride Apollo's Chariot, he's very protective of his chariot, you might not survive!!" Then after we were loaded and leaving the station, he said..."Get ready to tackle the Wolf".

I personally, found the whole thing to be hysterical, myself and my husband were laughing like crazy. It was so funny. I think maybe, if he did get in trouble, it would have been the Jennifer comment, because that just floored me and my husband.

I hope the kid did not loose his job because of that speech. Because that was the most fun I've ever had standing in line, and the only time I actually listened to what the was being said. He made it fun, fun, fun!!
    Last edited by leeloo; 08-23-2005 at 08:26 PM.

Wooden Poster
    Working at Disney World, your life is filled with Spiels, but I love them. I would love to tell you about the ones at the Living Seas and Turtle Talk, but I think I am still legally bound to contract. Sadness.

At Soarin', we made our own. So, when someone would ask, what is it, I'd Say:
    "Soarin' is a hanggliding simulator that will lift you about 35-40 feet off the ground. Then, your seats will move to the scenes on the IMAX movie in front of you."

Yeah, its simple but like 1000 people ask. Or you could stand infront of Soarin', wearing EVERYTHING Soarin', and they'll be like "Is this Soarin'?" Erm, why yes!

Anywho, yeah, I had about 3 pages of spiel for Living Seas including Turtle Talk. Not too bad for Disney World!
    WDW CP - Spring & Fall 2006 - Entertainment Performer
    WDWCP Alumni - Spring 2005 - Living Seas/Soarin'
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Boulderdash | Steel Roller Coaster: Superman: Ride of Steel (SFNE)

Brooklyn Center, Minnesota, United States
    On Power Tower at Valleyfair after you are standing on your number and the car come back down from the ride befor you an ride ops comes over and says. "Welcome to Power Tower the number you are standing on is you seat number, once seated place any loose articals sutch as hats glasses and sandles in the bin in front of you seat. 1 - 6 thatway, 7 - 12 thatway. Some times when im in line i just start saying it when the ops comes over and they just say listen to him. lol

Originally known as Topdrag; Coaster Count: 309 Renegade Count: 846
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Europe | Wooden Roller Coaster: Boulder Dash | Steel Roller Coaster: Superman: Ride of Steel (SFNE)

^I do that on Mamba. Too bad its automated.

"It's Lu-ah-vuol, not Lu-is-ville", Kentucky
    Good (morning, afternoon, evening) and welcome to Blizzard River. For your safety, please remain seated, keeping all body parts inside the boat at all times. Hold onto that center ring if you'd like to. There is to be no eating, drinking, standing, smoking, or chewing gum. Y'all have a good ride now.

That's my Blizzard River spiel. It's amazing the number of people who joke about the no eating, drinking, smoking, or standing-up rules; but then again, it's amazing how people can't follow them.
    I'm going to be in a movie one day about all the people who enjoy riding T2. The movie will be called The Fantastic Four.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunder Run/The Legend...I can't decide | Steel Roller Coaster: B&M: Raptor; Intamin: TTD; Vekoma: T2; Premier: FoF; Arrow: Gemini

^--There is no way that many words come out of your mouth 250 times a day.

As for spiels, I usually just make them up as I go along, depending on the situation. If I say the standard SOP spiel, guests are not going to listen or pay attention.

My "standard" Blizzard River spiels typically look something like this:

"What up guys? Good afternoon and welcome to the Blizzard River. Please enter through this step and then find the seat that is the furthest away so that no one has to step over you."

If there are little kids in the group I usually add, "Please buckle your own seatbelt before helping anyone else buckle theirs." Parents are overprotective and will spend 8 minutes futilly trying to buckle in their children, when I can do it in 4 seconds.

Dispatch

"Okay guys. For your own safety, please remain seated with your seatbelts buckled at all times, so that you don't fall out of the boat. I think we can all agree that that would suck (gives a thumbs down). Please keep your hands and feet inside the boat with you, with your feet flat on the floor. Enjoy the ride"

If there are children in the boat, I usually add, "Please keep your hands inside the boat, because we have mad crazy giant fish in the water and they'll think your fingers are worms and EAT THEM!" Parents love that.

Shirt, Shoes, and Shorts

This is the best spiel in the world to give. It is given by the Panel Operator to the queue line to remind people to stay in dress code. The spiel given depends on the Operator, but my favorite variation goes like this:

"Afternoon everyone and welcome to the Penguin's Blizzard River. As a quick reminder, we'd like to let everyone know that in order to ride, you will be required to wear a shirt, shoes, and shorts. We'd also like to remind you that a swim suit is not a shirt. It is not shorts, and it is definately not a pair of shoes. So if you are wearing a one, two, one-and-a-half, three, nineteen piece bathing suit, you will have to put a shirt on over it first.

YES! We know that your shoes are brand new and cost your $100 a piece! YES! We know that your sandals are made of leather and are going to shrink up and smell bad! YES! We know that you don't want Michael Jordan's signature to wipe off your shoes! But it doesn't matter! You have to wear them anyway!

YES! We know that security let you into the park without a shirt! YES! We know that your shirt is stuck in a broken locker in Hurricane Bay! YES! We know that Mile High Falls let you ride without one! But guess what? We're not Mile High Falls, and you still have to wear a shirt!

Thank you and enjoy your ride."

Most guests think that the above rant is hilarious. All of them except the ones I'm making fun of. Around June, I got tired of hearing the above six excuses for not being in dress code, and I invented that spiel.

OH! And the other super fun spiel to give!

You will get wet

"Good afternoon and welcome to the Penguin's Blizzard River. Now, most of you have probably already figured it out by now, but there is at least one of you out there that is going to ask the question, "Are we going to get wet?" And the short answer to that question is, "Yes, you are going to get wet." The long answer to that question is still, "Yes, you are going to get wet," because you are going to get wet on this ride.

Now 'wet' means different things to different people. Some of you are thinking, "Oh, I rode that River Raft Ride at Holiday World." NO NO NO! This is not the same kind of wet; not at all! When you get off of this ride, your shirt will be soaked; your shoes will be filled with water; your hair will be ruined. If you wore eight layers of clothing, you would still be wet to the skin. You know that water proof sand all the kids are playing with? That stuff is wet when it gets off this ride. We have waterfalls and waves and even bigger waves and penguins that shoot water out of their face and showers and umbrellas--I mean, what's up with that?! Umbrellas are supposed to keep you dry, but these spray water on you.

So yes, you will get wet. If this doesn't sound like the ride for you, go ahead and let one of us know, and we will gladly let you into the exit. Thank you and enjoy your day here at Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom."

The last two spiels are such a production, I usually only give them 4-6 times a day. But they are fun to do and guests love them.
    Ah, for real?
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Walt Disney World - Epcot | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunder Run; Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom | Steel Roller Coaster: Texas Titan; Six Flags over Texas

I do to say all that everytime I load a boat, just really fast.
    I'm going to be in a movie one day about all the people who enjoy riding T2. The movie will be called The Fantastic Four.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunder Run/The Legend...I can't decide | Steel Roller Coaster: B&M: Raptor; Intamin: TTD; Vekoma: T2; Premier: FoF; Arrow: Gemini

I'm leaving you at Panel more often from now on. I want to hear you say the Panel spiels that I listed. You need to talk more. Until you talk too annoyingly much, like me.
    Ah, for real?
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Walt Disney World - Epcot | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunder Run; Six Flags Kentucky Kingdom | Steel Roller Coaster: Texas Titan; Six Flags over Texas

i usually say the same thing at colossus
    load
    if your lap bar is down please pull it up

un load
    welcome back riders please push down pull up exit to your right thank you for riding colossus and enjoy the rest of your stay her at six flags magic mountian were its play time all the time

ya after you say it a couple times it gets stuck in your head

That's no problem, I really like panel. I don't think I will ever become annoyingly over-talkative, if that's a word.

If you don't become annoyingly over-talkative, I have failed. Maybe even with a 'ph' instead of an 'f.' Maybe.
    Ah, for real?

Well I hate to spoil your plans, but I think you will fail. However, I do talk a lot more than from when Blizzard originally opened.

Teh Band
    I know many speeches now. I know the CCC (red train), Screamin Swing, and Talon of course, and I sort of know the waveswinger's. Hydra's speech is pretty much the same as Talon's and I know that too.

I know the Giant Wheel, Chang, Blizzard River, Thrill Karts, and The Wall spiels.

Intimidating Poster! Carowinds 73-03's Avatar
    I Know Top Gun, Thunder Road, Hurler, Vortex, Rip Rorin' Rapids, Drop Zone & Kelediscope spiels.

I know every spiel in the park, because they are almost all the same, with tiny variations. Almost every spiel will include securing your articles, remain seated/standing with body parts in/near the ride unit, no gum or candy, and enjoy your ride.
    Ah, for real?

Minetrain Poster
    I know White Water Falls and Scooby Spiels. Thats about it.

Been Here Since the Begining Sir Willow's Avatar
    Heh, you guys should try a spiel like we have on Rhino Rally. It's a 10-15 minute long one that we're constantly changing. Though I have to admit, it's also a heck of a lot more fun than the standard, "sit down, buckle up, and hold on" kinds of spiels.
    Have you read my number 1 best seller? There will be a test! ~God
    Life with God is one thrill ride you'll never want to get off of.
    My park & coaster photos: Sir Willow's Smugmug pictures
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Silver Dollar City, Dollywood, Bonfante Gardens, Holiday World, SFGrAm, Legoland and Disneyland | Wooden Roller Coaster: Phoenix,Thunderhead- Dollywood, NM Rattler, Raven & Legend- HW, Viper- SFGrAm, Giant Dipper-SCBB | Steel Roller Coaster: X!!, Goliath, Talon, Millenium Force, Montu, Kumba, others

This is the spiel for Hades:
    "..."
    This is what the spiel for Hades SHOULD be (automated):
    "Hello and welcome to Hades. Please step quickly and carefully into the car. Fasten you seatbelt, and pull down on your lab bar. Loose articles are not permitted on this attraction. If you have any losse articles, please leave them with an attendant. At this time, we ask that all guests waiting to board take a step back as the gates in front of you are now closing. While riding, remain seated, keeping your hands, arms, and legs inside the car at all times. Now hold on tight and enjoy your ride through hell."

LOL lets see...

Ladies and gentlemen in line for Vortex, for the safety of yourself as well as those around you I ask that you please not sit, stand, walk, climb, bite, chew, lick, gnaw, hug or breakdance on the metal handrails. Once again - do not sit, stand, walk, climb, bite, chew, lick, gnaw, hug or breakdance on the metal handrails. If you are SITTING on a handrail please step down at this time. Once again - if you are in line for the front seat and wearing a red tshirt, black hat and have a backpack, and you happen to find yourself sitting on a handrail - PLEASE GET DOWN AT THIS TIME. Thank you.

This one is an inside joke but we NEVER say it.

Here at Paramount's Kings Island, handrails are our friends. We do not sit on your friends so please do not sit on ours. Thank you.

Dodgem at PKI

Would those entering the ride please place one arm through the shoulder strap on the pole behind you, and place it diagonally across your chest. To operate the vehicle press down on the pedal in the upper right corner of the floor and always drive in a counterclockwise direction. Thank you.

The auto-spiel at Son of Beast

In case you missed the fun and saftey guide instructions at the front of the line, Son of Beast is a high speed, forceful, turbulent ride with quick turns and sudden drops. Those with recent surgery or illness, back neck or bone problems, high blood pressure, pregnancy, heart conditions or other medical conditions should refrain from riding.

Ah Closing Time...

Welcome back Vortex riders, we hope you enjoyed your ride. When your train comes to a complete and final stop, please pull down and push up to unlock your restraint and exit to your left. At this time all rides and attractions at Paramount's Kings Island are closing for the evening. We hope that you have enjoyed your day here, wish you a safe drive home, and we look forward to entertaining you again soon. Thank you and good night.

Then theres the HW Legend.

Scream your head off but don't ask why, or the headless horseman might pass you by. And as you race around the twisted track - whatever you do - DON'T LOOK BACK!

This one is also from Legend but can be easily adapted to any ride.

It is purple and fast and really a blast so sit up right, hang on tight, keep your eyes open wide and enjoy your ride on the Legend.
    http://savestargatesg1.com/news/wp-c...06/09/c263.jpg
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World & Splashin' Safari | Wooden Roller Coaster: Legend | Steel Roller Coaster: Vortex (PKI)

Brooklyn Center, Minnesota, United States
    Dose anyone know the Steel Venom speil at Valleyfair? I should know it but i forgot to listen to it last year to post it here.

Originally known as Topdrag; Coaster Count: 309 Renegade Count: 846
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Europe | Wooden Roller Coaster: Boulder Dash | Steel Roller Coaster: Superman: Ride of Steel (SFNE)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast