Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ride speeches.

Something like this:
    "Oncoming riders, welcome to Steel Venom. Please step into your car, pull down your harness and wait for an attendant. Leave any loose articles behind. Riders on the platform, take a step away from the gates in front of you. The gates are now closing. Keep your hands and arms in the car at all times and enjoy the ride."

-harness checks-

This next part started as:
    "All right, we're ready to rock. Steel Venom's gonna strike in 3, 2, 1!"
    And eventually morphed into:
    "Launching in 3, 2, 1!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Willow
    Heh, you guys should try a spiel like we have on Rhino Rally. It's a 10-15 minute long one that we're constantly changing. Though I have to admit, it's also a heck of a lot more fun than the standard, "sit down, buckle up, and hold on" kinds of spiels.
    Paddlewheel Excursions...
    RCFreak
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Disneyland Resort | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Legend | Steel Roller Coaster: Space Mountain (New Disneyland version)

Brooklyn Center, Minnesota, United States
    Well I don't think it's like that. My friend at school told me it on Friday. He said it was:
    "Welcome riders to Steel Venom, when the gates open pleases step quickly and carefully into the train. Remember there are no lose articles permitted on this ride, items such as hats glasses and sandals should be left with a non rider or in the bins to your left. Once seated pleases pull down on your yellow restraining harness and buckle it, if you need help pleases ask a loader to help you. Riders in the station the gates are now closing the gates are now closing. During the ride pleas keep you head and back against the back rest and your hand on your shoulder harness at all times, thank you and enjoy your ride on steel venom!"

Then when they launch they say:
    "Steel Venom launching in 3... 2... 1..."
    Or they say to fool you:
    "Steel venom launching in 3... 2... 1... Fooled ya! LAUNCH!!!!"

Originally known as Topdrag; Coaster Count: 309 Renegade Count: 846
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Europe | Wooden Roller Coaster: Boulder Dash | Steel Roller Coaster: Superman: Ride of Steel (SFNE)

Psh.
    Oh well.
    Anyone else noticed that Avalanche's current spiel is incorrect?
    "...the tallest and fastest roller coaster in Wisconsin..."
    Then you get to the top of the lift and you can see Hades...

Jr. Poster

Post Trtr

You think you have a long speech!!! Wecome to Tomb Raider: The RiIiIiIiIDE (inside joke)!!!

"Attention Tomb Raiders. Welcome to Tomb Raider: The Ride. As you enter the ride area we ask that you please move all the way down your row stopping at the first closed restraint. Do not go passed them or open them for they will not be used. In front of your seat you will find a small black zippered pouch. Please use this pouch to secure any and all loose articles such as hats, glasses, cell phones, keys, wallets, cigarettes, Lighters, Backless Shoes, and sandals. Any articles not secured in that pouch will most likely be lost when the ride goes upside-down. During the show I will be coming around to collect any larger loose items such as basketballs, backpacks, and large stuffed animals. These items can be retrieved after the ride at the rendevous point which will be on your right when following the outside exit path. Finally, This is your last chance to exit this ride, Once you enter the ride area and your restraints are locked you will be riding. If anyone does not wish to ride they may exit out the door behind me after the show is complete. Thank you and get ready to experience the one and only... Tomb Raider: The Ride!
    Aerial Photographer at KICentral
    ~~~
    - Tomb Raider: The Ride is at the moment experiencing a technical delay, but I do have good news! I just saved a bunch of money on my Huss Insurance by switching to Gieco!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Paramount's Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: Roar | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

I like startours dispatch, (even though i dont run it) Lightspeed to Endor, and may the Force be with you.
    o hai. i herd u liek mudkipz?
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point

When everyone is finally sitting down in the theater for Shrek 4D:

"Please fasten your seatbelts and hold onto the lapbars at all times."

People look around, all worried and confused for a second, then "ah, there are no seatbelts or lapbars are there?" Gets people every time, I think it's hilarious.

Blue and White Ignite! VekomahangNbang's Avatar
    ^Ya I have to agree about the Shrek thing being pretty funny. People fall for it every time. My brother even feel for it on the second time he rode it.

I hate on Alpengist when this one guy says

"The crew says you're clear, you guys are outta here"
    But that guy is still cool because he saved my wallet.

The other BGW coasters are pretty good though

"Enjoy your voyage to the sun on the wings of Apollo's Chariot"

"Get ready to travel at the speed of fright"

"Enjoy your ride on the legendary Loch Ness Monster"
    What makes that one cool is how it echoes throughout the station. I also love the loud sound the station brakes make when it's coming in.
    GO MAGIC
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Maverick

^You forgot "Thank you, and enjoy traveling at the speed of fright on The Big Bad Wolf!"

That's not the only one we have at Alpie - there are many more...and they're cool! I'm not going to say the Alpie loading or exiting spiel, because that would take WAY TOO LONG!
    Alpengeist Ride Operator - '03,'05,'06
    Favorites: Amusement Park: BUSCH GARDENS, WILLIAMSBURG | Wooden Roller Coaster: Hurler | Steel Roller Coaster: ALPENGEIST!!!!!

^And we have the mega-awesome safety video in line..."Welcome to Alpengeist, one of the world's tallest, fastest, most twisted inverted roller coasters..."
    And my personal favorite..."Enjoy your avalanche of adventure on Alpengeist", but John usually does his own thing ("There goes the floor, and you're out the door") and I like him better...the voice gets aggravating when you listen to it all day, everywhere.
    "why couldn't he have joined a mainstream religion like oprahism or voodoo?"

Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Europe/Kings Dominion/Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Hurler (PKD) | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force/Alpengeist/Griffon

Wooden Poster
    You're right about that. That one is kind of annoying,but at the same time,very catchy,also.Does anyone remember the female voice from Volcano. While you're waiting in line,you hear that female voice with the accent. I miss that one,but they still play it from time to time.
    Last edited by ShannonS; 06-19-2006 at 02:56 PM.

edited for lameness.
    Last edited by Raptor; 03-29-2011 at 03:08 AM.
    ~ RAPTOR
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast, Mean Streak, Viper, Thunderbolt | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum XL-200, Millennium Force, Maverick, Goliath (SFoG), Montu, Expedition Everest, Raptor

^Whoa, you have to say that over and over? Wow...
    Here's a classic taken from Whizzer at SFGAm:
    "Welcome back, riders! How was the whizz?" (at this point everyone in the train cracks up and the op stands there, trying to figure out what he said)

I was at WOF about a week ago, and Mamba's autospiel was broken. Poor guy.

I keep tellin' them we need to update the video for when you're waiting in line for Alpie - but does anyone listen to me?! NO! Lol - well, maybe one day they'll get the idea...we'll see...
    Alpengeist Ride Operator - '03,'05,'06
    Favorites: Amusement Park: BUSCH GARDENS, WILLIAMSBURG | Wooden Roller Coaster: Hurler | Steel Roller Coaster: ALPENGEIST!!!!!

Welcome to carousel. Please walk do not run to your animal. Please fasten your seatbelt around your waiste, all guests are required to wear a seatbelt. There is only 1 rider per animal and adults may stand to children under 42 inches tall. The outside animals are stationary on the lower level and the lower level only. If you wish to change to a new animal you may do so at this time
    My Coaster Videos
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

I love how on Voodoo (now possessed) they would say

Voodoo will possess you in 3 2 WOoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom!

Will he use it for good or.... Ta2KX's Avatar
    Upon recent visit to SFMM I guess there's a few I missed...

Ninja (Or honestly the crazy old derelict shouting ride)
    - "Ninja ... HIYAHIYAHIYAYAYAYAHIYA HIYA . . . HIAYAYAYAHIYAHIYA!!!"

Tatsu (Duel(ing) spieling Sirens)
    - " . . and enjoyyy your rideee on . . Taaaaaaat suUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!"
    Thank you for riding Reaper! Drop Ride to Doom, and remember to desecrate a sanctuary today.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum XL-200, employee mode

I can't believe Cedar Point and Kings Island havent been touched yet. Bound by contract? Anyway, Cedar Points end of the ride includes "Enjoy your day at Cedar Point, America's Rock'n Roller Coast, Ride On" My last visit to Kings Island, some of the ops were doing "Enjoy your day at Kings Island, where else?" I thought that was somewhat funny.
    Thrillnetwork Database Lead Editor (formerly coasterb)

Don't forget to log your rides in the database!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ravine Flyer II | Steel Roller Coaster: Diamondback

All I hear at Magic Mountain is "All clear" and the bits for Ninja and Tatsu.

One of the Maliboomer ops was something else. He told his passengers "I should tell you when you'd launch, but I'm not that kind of guy. *launch*" My dad was DYING! He thought it was funnier than anything.

Bringing this topic back again!

Working Diamondback 2010.

"On coming riders, as the gates open please sit down and put your arms up a ride operator will be by to activate your restraint. (Restraints activated) (Random joke would be made or if we had any first time riders.)" At this point we would go into several different spiels:

"Sit Back, Hold On Tight, Enjoy the Fright here on Kings Island's Tallest, Fastest and Down right meanest Coaster, Diamondback."
    "Get ready to travel up 230 feet, drop 215 feet go up and down and turning all around in Rivertown."
    "Get ready to travel up to 230 feet, drop 215 feet go up and down and as you travel through Rivertown make sure you wave to the worlds largest indoor Ferris Wheel, The Crypt!"
    "Ladies and gentlemen SHOES MUST BE WORN IN ORDER TO RIDE DIAMONDBACK."
    "OH No, SOMEONE TOOK OFF THEIR SHOES, YOU MUST WEAR YOUR SHOES IN ORDER TO RIDE"
    "If you want to ride Diamondback clap your hands, etc., if you want to ride Diamondback stomp your feet, Oh wait you can't!"
    "On coming riders please place all loose articles in bin number (1-3) and bin (1-3) only. Loose articles are not permitted on the ride, if we catch you, we will stop the coaster as it goes upside down"
    On a rainy day, "You're all clear and out of here, enjoy your ride on Diamondback, Kings Island's fastest water coaster."

Coming back into the station:
    "How was that ride? Okay that sounded boring, please exit the ride as quickly as possible so we can have some fun with the new riders."

We got sassy sometimes! It was fun!

Catapult at Six Flags New England-

Load: Welcome to the Catapult, prior to boring, please secure all loose articles such as, hats, keys, cell phones, glasses, & wallets, or places them in the bin provided at the exit. Please be advised that six flags is not responsible for any lost or stolen items. Please find your seat as quickly and safely as possible. Pull down on your shoulder harness and lapbar. Thank you and enjoy your ride on the Catapult!

Unload: Welcome back,we hope you enjoyed your ride. When the ride comes to a complete stop, please lift up on your shoulder harness & lapbar. Thank you for riding the Catapult and enjoy the rest of your day here at Six Flags New England, Go Big, Go Six Flags!!!

Sky Coaster is all spiels said by all different people, but to be a controller, you have to know all of them... So here it goes.

Flight Suiter

-Alright step into the leg loops, pull the loops that you just stepped into all the way up like your putting on a pair of pants. Let go and clap your hands together, go right threw the center. Open your arms, hold the suit up. Put your feet together, keep holding your suit up, and look directly across.
    -Alright this is your ripcord, when you get to the top of the tower your going to hear someone say 3,2,1, Fly! at that time pull the orange ripcord towards the ground.
    - In order to slow you down, we are going to hold up a gray poll with a loop. Everyone must grab this loop with both hands and hold it as tight as possible. Do not let go until we say let go. The loop is going to pull against you and is going to feel like your lift a 50 pound suit case, with a verbal yes from everyone, can everyone grab the loop?

Expediter
    - Did they tell you about the ripcord?
    - Did they tell you about the landing loop?
    - Any Questions?
    - When you pass threw this gate, wait to be called then walk on the grass towards the platform. (This is at my site)
    - Alright fliers, as soon as this wall touches the ground, you can step off towards me onto the grass.

Assistant Controller
    -Next fliers.
    -Clear going up,
    -Carabiners locked.
    -Alright fliers, in a moment the floors going to fall, you will fall forward, do not reach or grab for the walls! clear going down.
    -Alright fliers, keep your arms locked all the way up and for the free fall, once you pass threw the archway you can spread your wings & fly. Any questions?
    -Gates locked, flight line clear.
    -Let go of the loop, kick out of your foot bars.

Controller
    -Arms up.
    -Step into your foot bars on top of the white under the black.
    -Link your arms together and grab your own wrist.
    -Carabiners are locked.
    -Alright this is your ripcord, when you get to the top of the tower, your going to hear me say 3,2,1, fly. When I say fly, pull this towards the ground.
    -Gates are locked, Flight line is clear.
    -Alright fliers you have made it to the top, 3,2,1, fly.

That's the basics of it. lol

All of the spiels I did were pretty standard but near the end of the season they started asking us to up sell products during our exit spiels. "Thank you for riding ________! If you're hungry make sure you grab a funnel cake at _______ right across the way! HAVE A SIX FLAGS DAY!"

Yeah, I didn't up sell a lot.

Hats for (Carousel)Horses Racer's Avatar
    Upselling was just another thing to say while guests weren't listening... or at least that's how it was with me.

And I rarely said "have a Six Flags day" or in recent years "Go big, go Six Flags." I honestly think saying "go big, go Six Flags" to guests makes no sense.
    Last edited by Racer; 01-20-2012 at 01:59 AM.
    ThrillNetwork SpeedZone Editor and unofficial DB Editor
    Please stand with your feet flat on the... stand up.. no- why are you sitting??? STAND UP ON THE GEORGIA SCORCHER!!!
    2014 Coaster Draft: Leviathan, Banshee, Alpengeist, Aftershock, GoldStriker, DareDevilDive, GeorgiaScorcher, Tatsu, SheiKra
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Goliath(SFOG)

Quote Originally Posted by Racer View Post
    Upselling was just another thing to say while guests weren't listening... or at least that's how it was with me.

And I rarely said "have a Six Flags day" or in recent years "Go big, go Six Flags." I honestly think saying "go big, go Six Flags" to guests makes no sense.
    The Six Flags day thing didn't make much sense to guests either, I remember a bunch of teenagers constantly mocking it after every cycle they took on one of the rides i was operating...

Hats for (Carousel)Horses Racer's Avatar
    I hated that too. Random people would walk up to me and ask if I was having a Six Flags day? And the times I did ask if they were having a Six Flags day, most of the time the answer was no.
    ThrillNetwork SpeedZone Editor and unofficial DB Editor
    Please stand with your feet flat on the... stand up.. no- why are you sitting??? STAND UP ON THE GEORGIA SCORCHER!!!
    2014 Coaster Draft: Leviathan, Banshee, Alpengeist, Aftershock, GoldStriker, DareDevilDive, GeorgiaScorcher, Tatsu, SheiKra
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Goliath(SFOG)

I worked at SFOG Railroad and I Had a 15 min. spiel . I still know it and its been a while. In fact I'm working on making a video which I will post later

Alright, this is from Geauga Lake, 2006, and the Raging Wolf Bobs:

On coming riders, welcome to the Raging Wolf Bobs! Once the gates open, please enter the train quickly and carefully. Once seated please fasten your orange safety belt, and pull down on your black lap bar. If you need assistance a ride host will be over to assist you shortly. Please secure and and all loose or valuable articles, as Geauga Lake is not responsible for anything lost, stolen, or damaged. Please sit upright, keeping your hands, arms, and legs inside the ride at all times. Please remain seated until the ride has come to a complete and final stop. Thank you and enjoy your ride on Raging Wolf Bobs.

---END OF RIDE---

Welcome back riders, how was your ride? Amazing! Please remain seated until the ride has come to a complete and final stop. ---Ride Stops--- At this time you may exit toward the front right of the train, which is your one and only exit. Thank you for riding the Raging Wolf Bobs and enjoy the rest of your day at Geauga Lake and Wildwater Kingdom, where the FUN is back!
    Xtreme Coaster Enthusiast
    Finding my way in the world, and riding some awesome coasters while I'm at it!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Waldameer, Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead, Ravine Flyer II, Colossus, Raging Wolf Bobs | Steel Roller Coaster: Diamondback, Maverick, Magnum

This is what I say on Wild Eagle EVERY TIME I'm in Dispatch:

Alrighty new riders, you're entry gates are opening. Come on out.* If you have any loose articles, please do not forget to place them in the bins to the side. Loose articles include: Hats, Backpacks, Purses, Loose shoes, Loose glasses, Cell Phones, Keys, Cameras, Anything you do not want to lose or have to replace. Once you are seated comfortably, pull down on those restraints as hard as you can and fasten your seat belt. If you can't fasten your seatbelt, don't worry, a Host will be there shortly to assist you. As for everybody else in line, please watch out for those entry gates. I am closing your entry gates. -Something along the lines of- Alrighty guys we have clear 1, clear 2, clear 3, and clear 4! You guys are ALL CLEAR! Ok guys, as soon as those giant metal gates stop swinging open you are out and back in 2-2-2! Make some noise!

*If you're still exiting, please watch out for those entry gates. THEY HURT!

Welcome back guys, how was your flight? GREAT! When that train comes to a full and complete stop feel free to unbuckle your seat belts. -train stops- (to Hosts on Dock) CLEAR. (to guests) Alright guys your restraints are opening in 3-2-1-push up! If your restraint is stuck, pull down then push up. Please dont forget to grab your loose articles from the bins to the side, exit to the front, and go check out those crazy pictures at the gift shop downstairs. HAVE A GREAT DAY AT DOLLYWOOD GUYS!
    ~DollyWood Danny~
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Dolly Wood | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunder Head | Steel Roller Coaster: Wild Eagle

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123