Thread: Valley Fair vs: Six Flags, Chicago...

Valley Fair vs: Six Flags, Chicago...

Which park is the better one??
    I have to make a decision very soon to which park I want to go to!!

I am going mainly for the roller coasters.

Thanks for your input!

You could write a lot of stuff in this little deal. It's cool.
    chicago, no contest, went their last summer.
    iPhone
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Hades | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

im going in four weeks to SFGA, raging bull will rock!
    NEBRASKA CORNHUSKERS 2005 5-4 (2-4)
    last: NU 15 Kansas 40 next: Kansas State
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Compare for your self. lol [url]http://www.rcdb.com/qs.htm?quicksearch=valleyfair[/url] [url]http://www.rcdb.com/pd2.htm[/url]

SFGAM has more coasters and they are better. Why does everyone says Six Flags Chicago? Its in Gurnee. Is that close to Chicago? Or what?

Can't handle the truth Forrest Gump's Avatar
    It's fairly close to Chicago, right near the Illinois-Wisconsin border.

I've never been to Valleyfair!, but I didn't like Six Flags Great America when I went there quite a few years ago (I think it was 1998). I'll stick with my homeparks for now.
    Just posted: 156 photos from Busch Gardens Tampa on Flickr
    Facebook - Twitter - Blog - Flickr - YouTube
    Parks: 23 | Wooden Coasters: 41 | Steel Coasters: 99 | Total Count: 140
    Next trip: Canada's Wonderland, May 14 and 15
    Favorites: Amusement Park: SeaWorld Orlando | Wooden Roller Coaster: Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: Maverick

Valleyfair is my home park and I love it, but Six Flags, Gurnee - No contest.
    Pleasantly missing since 2006
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Valleyfair | Steel Roller Coaster: Orient Express

Teh Band
    It looks like SFGAM is the better choice. Wild Thing looks like it is the only good ride at VF.

You could write a lot of stuff in this little deal. It's cool.
    no, steel venom is good.
    iPhone
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Hades | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

Valley Fair is trim happy! :-( High Roller is operated like a forceless kiddy ride and Wild Thing is trim so badly that it kills the airtime. I wasted money on a season pass and the only good rides are Steel Venom, Mad Mouse, and Excalibur. The rides designed for airtime are SEVERELY braked to death. Viper @ SFGAM beats the crap out of anything @ VF!
    The Voyage is the WORLD'S GREATEST ride and that is a FACT!!!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Shivering Timbers (ridden) Colossos (not ridden) | Steel Roller Coaster: Milleneum Force (ridden) Nitro (not ridden)

Brent, SFGAM is about 30 miles from Chicago and usually only takes 45 minutes to get there if there isn't much traffic and depending where in the city you're coming from.

[QUOTE=Forrest Gump]I've never been to Valleyfair!, but I didn't like Six Flags Great America when I went there quite a few years ago (I think it was 1998). I'll stick with my homeparks for now.[/QUOTE]

A lot has changed since 1998. They've added Raging Bull, V2, Deja Vu and Superman: Ultimate Flight. All are great coasters. They've also added Ragin Cajun and a few other flat rides last yearas well as the waterpark this year. You wouldn't even recognize it now from back then.

[QUOTE=M1hockeydude]no, steel venom is good.[/QUOTE]

I'm sure it is but it's canceled out by V2:Vertical Velocity at SFGAM. I want to go to Valleyfair, it seems like a nice park but it's not even close really. SFGAM might be in the top 10, possibly 5 when it comes to coaster collections.
    YOUR HATRED AMUSES ME
    Favorites: Amusement Park: 1. Cedar Point 2. SFGAm 3. Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1. The Voyage 2. Viper 3. The Boss 4. Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: 1. Millennium Force 2. Top Thrill Dragster 3. Maverick 4. Raging Bull 5. Raptor

[QUOTE=coasterlove]I want to go to Valleyfair, it seems like a nice park but it's not even close really. [/QUOTE]

Ah, but then we can get that beer we always talk about.

Brooklyn Center, Minnesota, United States
    we valleyfair is my home park to but i would have to say SFGAM cuz of raging bull. but valleyfair is a good park to. im going today so if any of you wat to meet me there i will be rideing mad mouse at 6 so look for me i will be taking lots of pics lol

Originally known as Topdrag; Coaster Count: 309 Renegade Count: 846
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Europe | Wooden Roller Coaster: Boulder Dash | Steel Roller Coaster: Superman: Ride of Steel (SFNE)

Thanks a lot everyone..
    I have booked a hotel close to Six Flags, and have chosen this park for my holiday! (all the way from Canada; twice as far as Valley Fair would be!)

Brian

Valleyfair i would say is just a lil bit better, it just depends of wat type of coasters u want
    Saved by Batman

best thing that ever happened to me
    -----------------------------------
    "You can't fight in here, this is the war room!" Dr. Strangelove
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Mean Streak | Steel Roller Coaster: The Hulk or Millenium Force

scratch that, meant 2 say Chicago
    Saved by Batman

best thing that ever happened to me
    -----------------------------------
    "You can't fight in here, this is the war room!" Dr. Strangelove
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Mean Streak | Steel Roller Coaster: The Hulk or Millenium Force

[QUOTE=Drewbie]Ah, but then we can get that beer we always talk about.[/QUOTE]

Ah yes. I'll be in the Dells in a couple weeks. I'd be meeting you halfway. But still not close enough to Valleyfair on our schedule. After that, we have to hurry up, stop back in Chicago and head to Ohio for my first visit to PKI.

I'll have to make it to Valleyfair one day. Maybe if they add just one more coaster, it will be a clincher and my friends and I will go for sure.
    YOUR HATRED AMUSES ME
    Favorites: Amusement Park: 1. Cedar Point 2. SFGAm 3. Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1. The Voyage 2. Viper 3. The Boss 4. Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: 1. Millennium Force 2. Top Thrill Dragster 3. Maverick 4. Raging Bull 5. Raptor

Well, if my wife's folks didn't have a very inviting lake cabin, I'd say I'd pop down to the Dells to meet you, but somehow I think my dog would like the lake better than a kennel.

Anyways, I have to get to Chicago just cause I haven't been to the park since Viper was new. Quite a while, I know.

Wow, that's a long time ago. We're talking about a decade now. Well you defintely have to go there soon. You're missing out on some great stuff there now.
    YOUR HATRED AMUSES ME

At least I got to ride Shockwave *RIP*