Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beech Bend unveils '06 Coaster

Beech Bend unveils '06 Coaster

Here it is folks. I can't wait to see the renderings.

http://beechbend.com/Press%20Confere...%20Release.pdf
    I'm turning Japanese I think I'm turning Japanese I really think so
    Favorites: Amusement Park: BGW Knoebels IB HW | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: S:ROS SFNE

Wow, this is so cool, already 3 wooden coasters planned for 2006 with 2 of them sounding excellent (the third being the one at Six Flags Great Adventure which has had no details released so I can't judge that one yet). It looks like 2006 is shaping up to be a great year for wooden roller coasters.
    My Nolimits roller coasters:
    Big Bad Wolf (2nd Place -August Contest 05)
    Favorites: Amusement Park: BGT | Steel Roller Coaster: Montu

Yes, and 2 of the new ones are easily within 2 hours driving distance of each other!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: BGW Knoebels IB HW | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: S:ROS SFNE

Well, I just found the first stop on my way out to Voyage next year. Wow! 2006 is shaping up to be a great year for coasters, and it's only just begun. From the sound of it, this will be similar to Thunderhead, which is supposed to be excellent. Can't wait.
    Let's Go! HOKIES!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1.The Beast 2.Ghostrider 3.Phoenix 4.Lightning Racer | Steel Roller Coaster: 1.Millenium Force 2.Kraken 3.Alpengeist 4.Nitro

What the crap!!! 3 Fly bys!!! I thought at first it said fly-throughs I was like, well bye bye Thunderhead on being exclussive. lol

Thrillerman I have this knack for going to parks for the first time and the next year they get an amazing ride! lol This is too weird.

1999 - First CP Visit - 2000 M.Force
    2002 - 2nd CP Visit - 2003 TTD
    2005 - First BB Visit - 2006 Wooden Coaster
    2005 - First HW Visit - 2006 The Voyage

Now why hasn't this worked at Carowinds lol j/k
    Intimidator Ride Count - 313

Proud Member of the 200 Club! - Current Count - 203

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

^funny, I have a knack for planning on going to parks anyway, and then they announce new coasters.
    1993 planned BGT added Kumba
    1999 planned BGW, added AC

2000 planned to go CP and GL
    they added MF,
    and Villain, BKF, S:UE

2001 planned SFA and PKD
    knew about Batwing, but didn't know about XLC

2002- roller soaker

2004- lightning Racer
    Let's Go! HOKIES!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1.The Beast 2.Ghostrider 3.Phoenix 4.Lightning Racer | Steel Roller Coaster: 1.Millenium Force 2.Kraken 3.Alpengeist 4.Nitro

Inverted Tophat Poster coasterdude28's Avatar
    Sounds Awesome. Another great looking coaster to add to the census.
    Batman and Robin: The Chiller
    1997 - 2007
    Favorites: Amusement Park: safadsg

Looks like opening day for both BB's new coaster and The Voyage are going to be on the same day...May 6, 2006. I know where I'll be...at both!

New Mexico Rattler Poster BryanWood's Avatar
    This coaster looks absolutely stunning. I can't wait to ride it next season, even if it means flying out from Phoenix.

Some pictures: http://www.negative-g.com/downhill/p...ry.php?id=1374
    Bryan Wood
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Knoebel's, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Voyage, Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Goliath-SFoG, Phantom's Revenge

Strata Poster
    I'll be making a stop in Bowling Green on my way up to Wisconsin next summer.

Favorites: Amusement Park: EPCOT Center | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Top Thrill Dragster

Now that I see these, what I was seeing in the way of footers back in May makes perfect sense. It's going to have a very small footprint I think.

And I'll add this word in the way of comments about the park. It's not a theme park, it's not a mega park, it's very small. You could ride everything there in like 45 minutes if you went one to the other.

But that being said, they have some nice flats, and some older flats you don't see much anymore like the sleigh ride.

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

Inverted Tophat Poster coasterdude28's Avatar
    The layout looks great. I would love to get out to ride this next year.
    Batman and Robin: The Chiller
    1997 - 2007
    Favorites: Amusement Park: safadsg

wow! thanks for the pictures. I hope I can get out there next year, I have a feeling that this ride is gonna be amazing.
    Let's Go! HOKIES!

Looks like another great piece of wood for next year... Woodie lovers, you and cubs fans have the same motto... Wait till next year...
    Intimidator 305 the tallest, most hated coaster nobody has ridden...
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

New Mexico Rattler Poster BryanWood's Avatar
    http://www.negative-g.com/BeechBend/...uncement-1.htm

Looks like construction is already well underway on this ride. This link also includes pics from the announcement.
    Bryan Wood
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Knoebel's, Busch Gardens Williamsburg, Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Voyage, Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Goliath-SFoG, Phantom's Revenge

Upsidedown Rider Johnny Upsidedown's Avatar
    Another name the coaster contest and a look at the layout of the new coaster. You can see more at http://www.beechbend.com/ Or to enter the contest go here Coaster Name Contest Looks like a fun layout.
    Last edited by Johnny Upsidedown; 08-03-2005 at 09:13 PM.
    Johnny Upsidedown's Roller Coaster Website
    www.Johnnyupsidedown.com
    Stop by and take a look at lots of coaster photos, construction and trip reports.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Tampa | Wooden Roller Coaster: Kentucky Rumbler | Steel Roller Coaster: MF, Montu

Cool animation video of the new ride up on GCI website. http://www.greatcoasters.com/news.html
    or to download video http://greatcoasters.com/image/BeechBendPark.wmv .
    Look s pretty cool.
    www.Johnnyupsidedown.com
    Stop by and take a look at lots of coaster photos, construction and trip reports.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Tampa | Wooden Roller Coaster: Kentucky Rumbler | Steel Roller Coaster: MF, Montu

Check out some new construction photos posted by Paul Drabek over on http://www.negative-g.com/ and the new photos can be seen here http://www.negative-g.com/BeechBend/...-22-2005-1.htm
    Looks awesome this thing looks like it is going to be a fun ride.
    www.Johnnyupsidedown.com

Awesome looking! So I guess those footers I saw when riding the drop tower were for the new coaster.

I wonder why then are they wanting to sell the old looper they've got. Maybe to help fund this one. who knows.

And now they rename Looping Star "Brief Encounter".

what the heck!?!

I went by beech bend yesterday and had a look at the new coaster and it looked to done for the most part .The ride looks like it will be alot of fun .I'm glad that they got a good coaster .
    Go Titans and Predators
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Kings Island Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage

Wooden Poster
    Well,I won't be going out there until Memorial Day Weekend(work schedule permitting). That will be the second wooden coaster that I will be getting to ride,next to The Voyage. Happy New YEAR SES

Looping Poster
    Limits? NoLimits!

Thanks for the link. I can't wait to ride this thing.

Amazing how word of new pics travels so fast! I took those pics yesterday, and was about to post a link to them but here they are already. Some of the pics appear to be blank, but click on them and they show up. Hope you guys enjoy seeing the latest. It was really fun walking around the site taking the pics of KR although my hands about froze off. It has that new wood smell in the air...mmmmm.

Anyone notice the lifthill chain is already in place and what appears to be a bunny hop of airtime right before the curve to the chainlift? Hurry up May 6!
    Last edited by thrillerman; 01-15-2006 at 03:25 PM.

Hey everybody.
    Well today was another great day for photos all though it was a cloudy
    day. The construction tour was awesome. We were able to walk all around and under the roller coaster. We were also taken on the track from the station down to the bottom of the lift hill. The ride really looks
    awesome as most do. The tour concluded with lunch of pizza and chips. As lunch concluded the lift hill motor started up and the train ran its coarse to our surprise. Then the real treat of the day was a ride on
    the brand new Kentucky Rumbler. Yes thats right we got to ride the
    Rumbler. Beech Bend had a special surprise for everybody as they were
    going to shoot a comercial for the new ride. So everybody got to ride
    for the commercial shoot. Wow it was a great surprise. Anyway the ride
    itself for me was a cross between the Ozark Wildcat and Thunderhead.
    The ride is similar to the Wildcat but it rides like the Thunderhead.
    It has the same kind of out of control ride like Thunderhead. I am sure
    others will explain in more detail of the days activities but now to
    the photos. I have posted 39 photos from todays tour and they can be
    seen at www.Johnnyupsidedown.com or quick link to the Rumbler photos here http://www.johnnyupsidedown.com/new2006r.html
    Enjoy!!!
    www.Johnnyupsidedown.com

Nice photos Johnny, I really appreciate your updates. I really know nothing about this coaster at all, so looking at some photos of this is really a first for me.
    New York Yankees - 2009 WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: S:RoS

Thanks /\
    This ride while most may not ever get to ride it is one great ride. If anybody has the chance to take a lap or two you will not be disappointed. GCII really put together a great mid sized woody with lots of quick turns and ups and downs with some good ejector air...
    www.Johnnyupsidedown.com

The front seat looks like it would be great other than the sign its wide open. But the back probably the best . I guess i'll find out this summer as i plan on making several trip to beech bend.
    Go Titans and Predators
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Kings Island Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage

And here are my pics from the construction tour:

First Gallery

Second Gallery

This coaster is SO rock and roll it's not even funny. Get there and ride it this summer.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast