1 1.67%
  • side friction

1 1.67%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: favorite type of coaster

favorite type of coaster

what's your favorite type of coaster?
    In our hearts, it will remain SROS forever.
    Favorites: | Wooden Roller Coaster: Tonnerre de Zeus | Steel Roller Coaster: SROS SFNE

I like my Roller Coasters just like I like my Women... Tall, Fast and Smooth

Intimidating Poster! Carowinds 73-03's Avatar
    It's kind of hard to single out one type. Maybe if there was a catagory for each to choose from.

I guess i go with Giga

i chose 2 types... they were check boxes not radio buttons

well, they're so different, but my favorite coaster is Millennium Force, so I guess I gotta go with giga. Although, I've been on several great wooden coasters, and even though none of them are as good as MF, I'd have to say that overall I like wooden coasters better then any single type of steel. So therefore, I'd have to go with wooden.
    Let's Go! HOKIES!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1.The Beast 2.Ghostrider 3.Phoenix 4.Lightning Racer | Steel Roller Coaster: 1.Millenium Force 2.Kraken 3.Alpengeist 4.Nitro

I say inverted...

B&M Hypers Own Intamin Hypers DejaVu4Life's Avatar
    I'd have to go with Hyper, Floorless a close second
    Lifetime SFOG Goliath Count: 131
    2007 Goliath Count: 36
    2007 Deja Vu Count: 1
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Over Georgia | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Apollo's Chariot

Hyper, or more specific hyper-twister. With Giga a close second.
    Kingda Ka is the tallest and fastest coaster in the world.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Great American Scream Machine | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

Flying Chicken Poster magnum_man1989's Avatar
    Most of the B&M hypers provide a good deal of air as does Magnum, Steel Force, Wild Thing and Phantom's Revenge. I'm gonna have to go with hyper for providing great speed and air.

Magnum XL- 200...1989-2007...18 years of toppin the list

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Blue Streak | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum XL- 200

I go with standup, inverted, wooden, and giga. Someone please tell me which type I forgot. It's a good thing I put checkboxes - I could never figure out 1 favorite type!
    Favorites: | Wooden Roller Coaster: Tonnerre de Zeus | Steel Roller Coaster: SROS SFNE

whats all oyr guys problem?! FORTH DEMENSION! X is the coaster of all coasters!
    Pay no attention to me.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Mount Olympus/Six Flags Magic Mountain | Wooden Roller Coaster: HADES! | Steel Roller Coaster: X

I didn't ride it yet but it sounds cool.

^^It's hard to call a coaster type your favourite when you've never ridden a coaster in that catagory.

Yeah... Kind of. As in impossible. :P LOL.

I agree with Mustang to a point. Coasters are like women, even the worst looking ones deserve a little bit of loving.

But my favorite, brunette, brown eyes, oh wait, you meant coasters. Um, Anything that puts me head over heels 6 times, kinda like Vortex at PKI.
    Ask me why I say Banshee is NOT the new Kings Island coaster.
    Be sure to check out Speedzone as I have made 11 additions.

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, circa 1989 | Wooden Roller Coaster: Blue Streak (CP) | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force (CP), never been on Drachen Fire

Flying Chicken Poster magnum_man1989's Avatar
    YES! Finally someone who enjoys a good Arrow looper. They just don't make them like they used to. You never see loopers with 2 or more verticle loops anymore,do you?

Magnum XL- 200...1989-2007...18 years of toppin the list

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Blue Streak | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum XL- 200

I think inverted coasters are awesome but unfortunately I haven't been on a lot of the great B&M's other than Raptor.

I liked woodens but never really ranked them that high other than Viper and a couple others. But when I saw the pics of Hades, I became very interested in it ans when I rode it, I thought it was amazing. Although even before that, I saw the video for The Voyage and I was blown away by it. The Voyage looks even better than Hades so it could become for me the first wooden coaster I give a perfect 10. I can't wait to ride it. There are also a couple others I really want to ride that I know I will give high scores to like Thunderhead, Shivering Timbers and Ghostrider.

With giga and hypers, it's hard to totally seperate them since other than height, they're not exactly different. My favorite coaster is a giga and I do like hypers too of course so I listed them both. Of course I think giga would be higher than hyper if there were more of them but obviously it's a lot cheaper to get a hyper instead of a giga.

Stratacoasters or more appropriately rocket coasters look to be awesome and there is endless variations of what they can do. Looking at Storm Runner and the new ones going up overseas, they should be great. I can't wait to see some more going up here andi don't just mean more record breakers. I wouldn't mind seeing ssomething more like 150-200 feet with a few hills, overbanked turns, and other elements, and possibly 3,000-4,000 feet of track and I certainly wouldn't mind more track than that.
    YOUR HATRED AMUSES ME
    Favorites: Amusement Park: 1. Cedar Point 2. SFGAm 3. Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1. The Voyage 2. Viper 3. The Boss 4. Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: 1. Millennium Force 2. Top Thrill Dragster 3. Maverick 4. Raging Bull 5. Raptor

Jr. Poster
    I like rocket cooasters becaust the feeling of being lunched is unforgetable.

On the hunt for 400 Thunderhawk's Avatar
    Wooden, the only type that's given me the "I'm going to die and I don't care" feeling on a coaster.

Andrew, I really like "Top Thrill Suckster" as my favorite nickname for Dragster.
    Last edited by Thunderhawk; 08-01-2005 at 10:29 PM.
    My hardest earned credit is The Legend at Holiday World, first ridden 5.19.2012, exactly 1399 days after my first visit to Holiday World.
    Next up: Beech Bend/Kentucky Kingdom/Kings Island/Cedar Point
    Favorites: Amusement Park: SFGAdv/Cedar Point/SFMM | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Ravine Flyer II, Outlaw Run, Prowler | Steel Roller Coaster: Bizarro @ SFNE, New Texas Giant, Iron Rattler

I say hyper, Invert coming in a close second.

This poll should have had an option that said Hyper/Giga, since those two types of coasters are so similar.
    Asia: four little letters, four billion little people.

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghostrider | Steel Roller Coaster: Xcelerator

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Polcyn
    But my favorite, brunette, brown eyes, oh wait, you meant coasters. Um, Anything that puts me head over heels 6 times, kinda like Vortex at PKI.
    I know a few women that could do that to you too!

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Polcyn
    I agree with Mustang to a point. Coasters are like women, even the worst looking ones deserve a little bit of loving.

great! quote funny too!
    Please keep your head against the head rest. Hands and arms inside the train at all times. Prepare for launch
    *lights turn
    *red*yellow*GREEN* Xcelerate!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Knotts Berry Farm/Six Flags | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghostrider | Steel Roller Coaster: Xcelerator/X

Quote Originally Posted by Cephas
    I say hyper, Invert coming in a close second.

This poll should have had an option that said Hyper/Giga, since those two types of coasters are so similar.
    You can just check both of them.

Talking

Nothing comes close to a 4D

Two words: Storm Runner. (Intamin Accelerator for those who don't know)

I have to go with Floorless. Only been on one but it was a blast.

The poll is missing shuttle coasters. One of my favorite rides is the Chiller: Batman. Nothing like going in reverse through a top hat in the front row.
    escape
    Favorites: Amusement Park: SFGAdv | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

I'm the good looking one Brian F's Avatar
    A town called Big Nothing (Really Big Nothing)
    Never ridden any type of coaster that I didn't like, but I'll go with Wood as my favorite. Hyper and Giga are very close, though.
    ThrillNetwork Lead Moderator
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force or Magnum- tough call.

Quote Originally Posted by psonio7
    The poll is missing shuttle coasters. One of my favorite rides is the Chiller: Batman. Nothing like going in reverse through a top hat in the front row.
    The Chiller is a LIM launched coaster. It uses Linear Induction Motors (LIM) to power the coaster. A shuttle coaster would be a Schwarzkopf model.
    ~Website Admin and Staff Director~

Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Intimidator 305

I had to pick Lim lauched coaster because of Revenge of the Mummy a coaster that I can ride again and again.
    Last edited by Coasterman 20; 06-18-2006 at 12:34 AM.
    No Guts No Glory
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Island of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Grizzly | Steel Roller Coaster: Revenge of the Mummy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast