Thread: SFFT, 8/13/2005, Report and Photos!

Exclamation SFFT, 8/13/2005, Report and Photos!

The Report::

Left Westin - La Cantera on the shuttle that runs (a very small shuttle at that) every hour. I got to sit in the captain seat! Which was neat, the driver was very personable. The park's lot was already rather full around 11:00 or so. The shuttle pulled up in the drop off circle through, let us off, and the adventure began. I had my AW pass, and our tickets already so we were able to bypass the lengthy Saturday ticket sale lines. The weather was already rather humid, dark and rain cloudy-ish. A good day for the lines. I cruised through security, though I hit a bump because some guy had a 'questionable' shirt and was arguing with the security guard. I grab a map and show schedule and I'm...

...In the Park
    I usually bypass Boomerang, as it's the run of the mill standard Vekoma Boomerang, and it's already been knocked off my list. So, I proceed past the Los Festivales area, (make sure to go UNDER the bridge, not directly to the left, you hit a weird dead end and you have to hook a right back to the main path thourgh this alley thing.) Passed through Spassburg, generally seeing everything the same since my last visit in August. The fountain is a nice touch to the place giving it almost an authentic feeling. I passed the bridge over the Motorpike ride, and hook a left into...

...Poltergeist's queue.
    Short line! A rider's dream. About two trains deep, I find myself on this spaghetti bowl ride sooner than you think. It's nice they took off the OSTRs! Perfect view anywhere on the ride. Launch feels as exciting as last time, it's an experience few words can describe. It feels like you're being thrown of your seat, but you're still stuck in it! Excellent. I noticed the yellow O rings like the ones Joker's Jinx has on the 'flat' part of the track. Is their any reason SFFT doesnt have it up? (it looks like a bunch of rings that the train travels through.) Rode that twice. Then we proceeded past the boardwalk (wouldn't get a visit to that section this year). Passed through Rockville and found myself in...

...Superman Krypton Coaster's area. The line was short here also, but was quickly lengthening. The clamshell seats just as comfy as ever. With a click, I find myself on the chainlift, past the dip and rushing down past the limestone wall. That zero-g roll catches me everytime. And that drop right after the MCBR? Sharp as ever! The ride ops were running all three trains, stacking two at a time. (one on course, one in station, one waiting behind station.) I decided to go see the Reflections show after this. It seems exactly the same as last year. I recognized the people also. Singing is just as excellent as ever! Their voices astound me! But I wish there was more variety in their shows now. But I have got to say, one of the characters was hilarious! Kept trying to hook up with another one, zany acts, I say! The new Xcelleration show is quite a piece. (see lower portion.) After that, we decide to swing on over to Rattler's queue to check out the wait. Long! The line was all the way to the bottom of the vertical zig zag line, so we swing into Road Runner. This has got to be my favorite "small scale" ride. It packs quite a punch for a small ride. It would be neat if the themes worked (falling boulders, rockets, rocks).

Now, I'm at Zaragoza Theatre to see Xcelleration. I'll just copy what I said in that Pancakes thread because I'm lazy. "I thought it was confusing. I thought there was too much going on. I thought they should really develop an act. The trick biking was cool. I'll give them that. But the two women on the 'rubber bands' weren't very synchronized, the O thing was just not enough. Basicaly I thougt there was just too many little acts. It was almost Cirque Du Soleil-y but not as good. They had the flying aerialist, the O (hoop people). I didnt think too highly of the gymnasts. There was just too much goign on. I didnt realise it was a 'gang' or a 'east side', 'west side' part until after they started 'facing off'. It would have been neat if they had half the audience blue, half red, but i dont nkow. I thought it was a little step down from The Acrobats. But it was different.".

While eating lunch in Sangerfest Halle, I watched "Heat Wave", "Vintage Vinyl" and "Looney Tunes - We Got The Beat" shows. The first two had the same people in them, but they had amazing voices. I can clearly see what Fiesta has the Golden Tickets for so long. Hopefully they can keep it this year! We'll sure find out soon! (What, two weeks now?) The Looney Tunes one was a great show for the kids. I got a kick out of it because I thought the singing was pretty funky for hearing Bugs, Sylvester, Tweety and the rest of the gang singing '80s music. After hearing more '80s in weird Looney Tunes voices, something was calling our name...

...And it was Rattler. We visited Rattler to check out the length of the line again, this time, probably half of what it was before. So we dashed into the 'maze' and slowly chugged our way up. As soon as you reach the 'flat' portion, oh wait! There's more snaking around! The line moves rather quickly though, the ride ops were very efficient, not allowing the two trains they had to stack at all. Sooner or later, I found myself strapped in and locked down on the violent beast that Rattler is. Back row, left side. My word! That drop is always the best part. But then the rest is nearly just pure pain. Wait. It IS just pure pain. The drop is nice, having my car, and the one before us lift off the track, but unfortunately slam back intoi the track. That loop around is so painful also, just throwing my straight into the seat dividers. Then comes the Helices of death. You progress slowly, then you start snaking around and around, up and down, with me grimacing in pain each time I see a drop, and slamming around the back seats crying out in agony. Next time, this is a front seat ride! That limestone tunnel is a neat effect. I know that we are turning right, but you just fly through that tunnel in solid darkness, it's an amazing feeling. After flying out of that cool tunnel (a neat contrast to the Texas heat) you fly by the station. I always use this as a chance to make a fool of myself, making faces at the people waiting in line, waving my hands around, tounge out yelling. After the end, (a peaceful end, a slow stop, unlike TCyclones sudden jerks) I usually face away from the next riders knowing they saw me.. haha. I had put my guest's watch in my pocket, as this guest was afraid it wuold fall. It left a huge purple bruise in my thigh. Not fun. haha. After this, we moseyed on into Boomerang just to ride it for fun. But wait. It's closed for some reason. So, we mosey instead over to Gully Washer. Here...

...You will get wet! That waterfall, the dips, jerks and fountains are so nice! The water is a little... eh... weird.. and mucky, but still. It's a nice cool off. All three pay pumps were squirted at us, and I got the first dip and wave. The spinning platform is always a neat deal to walk on. Almost confusing too. After that, we returned to Sangerfest Halle to rest a bit. Then, boom. Thunder. Rides shut down. It starts to drizzle. Lightning. Boom. Rain. So, after agreeing on staying in the park with me and my guest, having the adults go back to the hotel, we stick around in Sangerfest Halle. Then it gets worse! The rain is just pouring now, thundering loudly, cracks of lighting brightening the day in a bad way. Sadly, we get a call for us to leave, they don't want us in the park anymore. I rush into the stores to do my 'shopping' as I like to save my money and buy SF merchandise (key chains and shirts!). They've got so much more than us! It's pathetic! They have custom tailored shirts, not the generalised kinds AW has.. and that make me sad. I bought magnets, and a cool 3-D cup tailored to FT's rides! Neat!

So, with a sad crack of lightning and thunder, I leave the park early with a glum, terrible sadness. I didn't get to see the Ending Show (Lone Star Spectacular), and I know it played. It was the last weekend for its showing this year.

But overall, it was a nice refreshing trip before the grind of school starts. I didnt visit the water park (never have) or do as much as I'd like, but next year, with plans of improvement, FT will be mine! Until then...

...you can look at these pictures
    Last edited by James R; 07-28-2006 at 04:24 AM.
    ThrillNetwork Editor (past tense: lectricShark)
    Never forget justice is what love looks like in public. -- OXFAM

And in the end we lie awake and we dream of making our escape.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags AstroWorld or Six Flags Over Texas. | Wooden Roller Coaster: Texas Cyclone (RIP). | Steel Roller Coaster: Titan.

...and more!

Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags AstroWorld or Six Flags Over Texas. | Wooden Roller Coaster: Texas Cyclone (RIP). | Steel Roller Coaster: Titan.

and more...
    Last edited by James R; 07-28-2006 at 04:19 AM.

and more...

That's all! Thanks for visiting!