Thread: My Busch Gardens Trip Report, With SFA on the way home

Hybrid View

My Busch Gardens Trip Report, With SFAm on the way home

Well, over the past week I went to Busch Gardens for 3 days. I was very impressed with the park, it had amazing scenery and great rides. The food was extremely expensive, 4 people cost $62 one day. But there is McDonald's and KFC and Italian Restaraunts and Starbucks right down the highway, so I suggest a handstamp. Anyway, 3 days is definetely enough for this park.

Coasterwise the park was pretty good, Big Bad Wolf went extremly fast, faster than I expect and dipped over water and had twists and turns I enjoed, it was very thrilling. Apollo's Chariot was fun, but not too thrilling for me, after Nitro and SFGADV I wasn't enjoying it too much, it wasn't that high anyway. Loch Ness Monster was a very fun ride, it even had a helix in a tunnel, I loved this ride. The interlocking loops impressed me. I have to say though, Alpengiest takes the cake. It is by far the best Inverted coaster I've ever been on. Just...not on a fulls tomach if you know what I mean. It is a great ride, one of the best I've been on out of all of the ones I've riden.

But, I don't think everyone goes to BGW for coasters. I got a Curse of DarKastle, and it broke down for 1/2 hour-45minutes while I was in-line, and I heard someone say that it happens all the time. When I got on the last room of 3-D screens didn't work so we spun around in pitch black. I wasn't very impressed with this ride, and wouldn't suggest waiting very long for it. The theming at the entrance was the best part. The Corkscrew Hill ride was fun I can say, but again, this ride you CANNOT do on a full stomach, it makes you get on a 3-D horse and the wohle room bounce for about 10 minutes...whoa.... anyway, I think the best show/ride that isn't a coaster was R.L. Stine's Haunted Lighthouse. I liked it a lot and it had a lot of surprises.

Water rides were alright, Intamin has one there, Escape from Pompeii, if you're looking to cool off on a hot day, don't do this one, just stand in the splash zone because inside before you drop, you go through fire and it gets extremely hot around you...wow, what a scorcher. I didn't get to go on Roman Rapids, it had about an hour and a 1/2 wait.
    Jack Hanna's wildlife reserve was also very cool. They had wolves, lorikeets (birds), parrots, owls, bald eagles, donkeys, horses, and all sorst of animals on display. They let you go in and walk around with the lorikeets which are very colorful and feed them. I had 3 on me arms and shoulders at one point, it was hilarious.

The park had great maintence other than DarKastle. No problems with anything. And also, it was extremely clean inside the park, and what I liked best was that the employees were very nice and very helpful. The park is very well decorated, and the food is worth the money, it tastes great...just costs great amounts....I liked the park, but, I wouldn't go back there any time soon after 3 days of being there, there isn't all that much to do, but for first-timers there, it is a lot of fun.
    The BGW water park, Water Country USA, was nothing compared to good water parks. It was a good fun park with plenty of cool slides, but the wave pool I hated, it wasn't even waves, it was just little water bumps that were annoying, and the lazy river, called the Hubba Hubba Highway wasn't even going anyway, it went in a circle and had 1 exit & 1 entrance. Aren't lazy rivers supposed to go through the park? Anyway, the park is cool though, Aquaziod is the best slide, in front of Peppermint Twist. Worst is Jet Scream which is very slow.

On the drive home we made the mistake of stopping in Six Flags America. I have to say, this park is horrendous. I personally hated it. I went on Batwing, Joker's Jinx, and Mind Eraser and left. The park was extremely dirty, especially on Batwing, when you look at the car in front of you, it is all dirty. There is gum everywhere on the ground...let's see...anything else? The employees didn't know anything. I asked if there is any other ride besides Superman with a camera, and they answered, "Umm...Joker's Jinx?" and I said, "No, I went on that, it doesn't have one, any others?" and they employee says, "I don't know."
    I hate when they say that. Intamin's Superman I couldn't get on because the employees would come over and help me with the seatbelt which I didn't know how to push together or where to plug it into, so they said to get off. On Batwing, the employee who checks the restraints walked around with a balloon telling jokes with the other employees...I felt real safe . The choreography wasn't great either I stopped to get Dippin' Dots and caught a Wild Western show, and it wasn't too great.

I would suggest BGW, and I have some pictures, but skip SFAM if you thought about it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0349.JPG 
Views:	122 
Size:	295.4 KB 
ID:	14321   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0380.JPG 
Views:	100 
Size:	400.4 KB 
ID:	14322   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0377.JPG 
Views:	107 
Size:	251.8 KB 
ID:	14323   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0366.JPG 
Views:	100 
Size:	349.4 KB 
ID:	14324   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0376.JPG 
Views:	102 
Size:	245.2 KB 
ID:	14325  

Last edited by siestakey; 08-23-2005 at 06:40 PM.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Great Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Kingda Ka

More Pictures

I have these and then a few more, maybe 1 more post 5 is the limtit sorry for the double (soon triple) posting.

Name:	DSCF0369.JPG 
Views:	93 
Size:	315.4 KB 
ID:	14326   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0378.JPG 
Views:	103 
Size:	310.5 KB 
ID:	14327   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0383.JPG 
Views:	97 
Size:	306.9 KB 
ID:	14328   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0362.JPG 
Views:	85 
Size:	327.7 KB 
ID:	14329   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0340.JPG 
Views:	89 
Size:	153.4 KB 
ID:	14330  

Favorites: Amusement Park: Great Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Kingda Ka

Last Pictures

Here they are:

Name:	DSCF0379.JPG 
Views:	97 
Size:	391.8 KB 
ID:	14331   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSCF0341.JPG 
Views:	99 
Size:	317.8 KB 
ID:	14332  

Umm. I think your talking about Six Flags America. SF Great America is in Illinois.

Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands Of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Lightning Racer | Steel Roller Coaster: S:ROS(SFNE)

Wooden Poster
    Laying down in protest on the train tracks in Aquitaine
    Intamin's Superman I couldn't get on because the employees would come over and help me with the seatbelt which I didn't know how to push together or where to plug it into, so they said to get off.
    I'm sorry, but if I understand what you're trying to say here, I personally would have pissed if that happened to me. You didn't know how to buckle up so they told you to get off?! I would have talked to the area lead about that or taken myself right to guest relations. That's their job, that's why they are there.
    Jessica
    Busch Gardens=slavery
    ::cough:: Hershey Bears Suck ::cough, cough::
    TN's Official Resident Puck Bunny
    R.I.P Imaginique
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg/PKD | Wooden Roller Coaster: Grizzly, Hurler, Wildcat | Steel Roller Coaster: Alpengeist

To tell you, Hubba Hubba Highway, Isn't really a lazy river, I think WCUSA was trying to make some new type of thing for waterparks. and there are quite a few more exits and entrances, there's, I think 4 plus a lagoon, which includes 2.
    Sesame Street characters at Busch Gardens Europe!?
    Take THAT Magic Kingdom!
    Verbolten: 43
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Europe | Wooden Roller Coaster: Gwazi (Lion) Busch Gardens Africa | Steel Roller Coaster: The Loch Ness Monster

Siestakey, please edit your posts because it's insulting to SFGAM everytime you mention it. Give credit where credit's due, and also blame where blame lies. It's on SFA, not SFGAM. SFGAM is awesome, one of the best in the SF chain as well as all around.
    Last edited by coasterlove; 08-23-2005 at 02:26 AM.
    YOUR HATRED AMUSES ME
    Favorites: Amusement Park: 1. Cedar Point 2. SFGAm 3. Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1. The Voyage 2. Viper 3. The Boss 4. Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: 1. Millennium Force 2. Top Thrill Dragster 3. Maverick 4. Raging Bull 5. Raptor

Sorry, I'll edit it, don't know how I confused them.