Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Islands Of Adventure Hollywood

Better Than Any Roller Coaster SFGadvKing's Avatar

Islands Of Adventure Hollywood

one park done, next park started. my new park is Islands of Adventure Hollywood. i really had fun building six flags colossal heights so i decided my next park will be a park that is similar in ideas. i chose islands of adventure because i will be able to do more theming and bigger and more elaborate buildings, while keeping the realistic atmosphere. and also like my last park, since this is will be a fictional IOA park, i will be able to pick and chose the parts i like from IOA orlando to put in the park, pick the parts i dont like to not put in the park, and add whatever i think fits that doesnt exist in the orlando park. heres what i got for ideas:

Port of Entry: arabian/mediterranean type architecture with shops and restaurants
    Marvel Superhero Island: Dr. Doom's Fearfall, The Incredible Hulk, Amazing Adventure of Spider-man, and more flat rides.
    Toon Lagoon: Dudley Do Right water coaster, Popeye and Bluto's Bilge-rat Barges and some kids interactive play areas.
    Jurassic Park: Pteranadon Flyers, a wooden rollercoaster, a dive machine (maybe), kids interactive area.
    Lost Continent: Dueling Dragons, flat rides, shows (probably Poseidon's Fury)
    Suess Landing: The Cat In The Hat, One Fish Two Fish Red Fish Blue Fish, Sylvester McMonkey McBean's Very Unusual Driving Machines, and Caro-Seuss-el

for now, i have the enterance area which is obviously in Port of Entry worked on. heres a picture of the enterance area, please leave some comments.

I was once TN's top poster!
    2007 Gadv Count: Kingda Ka-6, El Toro-6, Nitro-4, Medusa-2, S:UF-2, R:TC-1, B:TC-, GASM-0, Skull Mt-0, B:TR-0, RMT-0, RT-0
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Kingda Ka

is this to be more of a recreation or a freelance thing?
    < but blonder.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: IoA | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: California Screamin

Spectacular as always. Nothing to downrate or really comment on besides it all looks amazing....
    I just really hope that you think of me, because I'm tryna be unforgettable...
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point -- Islands Of Adventure -- Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum XL-200 & Phantom's Revenge

Wow, fantastic work on the work on the deatail of those buildings near the entrance. Can't wait to see the finished product, this park is looking awsome already.
    New York Yankees - 2009 WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: S:RoS

Amazing. I love the detail put into the area in the screen. Can't wait to see more.

The level of detail you've put into that architecture is top notch. The reds and yellows work great with the theme. Only thing that looks a little weird is the stack of bushes near the entrance.
    Aaron Cedoras: Thrillnetwork Story Editor
    "Dead men tell no tales..."

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghostrider | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force and Steel Dragon 2000. I can't make up my mind between the two, so don't ask.

i think its a little too crazy. theres so much quarter-tile type stuff going on on those buildings that i can't really make out what theme you're portraying here.
    < but blonder.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: IoA | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: California Screamin

That is absolutely beautiful! I love it. Cant' wait for the rest!
    I like the Zingo a lot.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Magic Mountain | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum (with no trims), and Phantom's Revenge

Intimidating Poster! Carowinds 73-03's Avatar
    I expected it to looks amazing and you didn't let me down. Nice work. I really can't wait to see more.

That looks awesome!

reminds me of....Islands of Adventure's entrance in Orlando!!! nice job!
    I'm in love with 30 Rock, Outkast and Maverick.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands Of Adventure

"It's Lu-ah-vuol, not Lu-is-ville", Kentucky
    Looks awesome. Good job.
    I'm going to be in a movie one day about all the people who enjoy riding T2. The movie will be called The Fantastic Four.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunder Run/The Legend...I can't decide | Steel Roller Coaster: B&M: Raptor; Intamin: TTD; Vekoma: T2; Premier: FoF; Arrow: Gemini

Incredible attention to detail. May have been a little bit too much, but it's still good.

It's wonderfully detailed yet way too contrasting. Too many wall styles, roof styles, window styles, doorway styles, pillar styles, etc. I can't decide whether to commend the level of detail or deride the lack of cohesion.
    SFA SOURCE . . .
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Wild One | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

you can deride the lack of cohesion. dont worry, the guys at NE lashed out on that and since the picture was taken, i have cleaned it up a bit and made it less messy but still keeping the overcrowded look i am going for. thanks for all the rest of the comments.
    2007 Gadv Count: Kingda Ka-6, El Toro-6, Nitro-4, Medusa-2, S:UF-2, R:TC-1, B:TC-, GASM-0, Skull Mt-0, B:TR-0, RMT-0, RT-0
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Kingda Ka

I think it's ok to have an "overcrowded" look, just as long as the crowding is done by thematic objects (barrels, chests, pots, etc.) and not clashing architectural elements. I would also research the desired Arabic/Mediterranean architecture, because this bears no resemblance to either (though it may once you clean it up a bit). Look at the Alhambra for ideas; it's somewhat of a combination of both.

As a side note, I'd probably watch the Cairo scene in Team America for ideas on how to capture the marketplace feel. Don't know if you have access to that movie, but hey, I'll give it a shot.
    Last edited by Rebel2000; 09-21-2005 at 01:07 AM.
    SFA SOURCE . . .
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Wild One | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Just wondering how long did it take you to do that one section?

^not as long as you would think.

heres a new picture of the port of entry:

Intimidating Poster! Carowinds 73-03's Avatar
    Simply amazing!!!

This makes me want to look for my RCT2 disc...

EDIT: I couldn't find it.
    Last edited by Montu Man; 09-25-2005 at 09:21 PM.

Man thats AMAZING looking, I wish I could learn to do that. If I tried it would take me weeks. But I guess its also lack of playing RCT2 I might have to get into it again. I only did the actual scenarios and never built anything.
    Never regret!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Disney World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhawk | Steel Roller Coaster: Drachen Fire

Quote Originally Posted by Rebel2000
    As a side note, I'd probably watch the Cairo scene in Team America for ideas on how to capture the marketplace feel. Don't know if you have access to that movie, but hey, I'll give it a shot.

.... LMAO.
    that anyone would use team america for actual historical reference is just beyond me. i guess it could work, but the whole point of the movie is outrageously exagerating everything. just seems so contradictory.

on the screen: the archy looks somehow less bad from this angle....
    maybe because i can't see as many poles.
    the fountain looks good, nice and simple, but maybe the wrong color for such a colorful area surrounding it.
    i applaud your use of multi-tiered buildings and balconies, but theres just too much stuff. in all seriousness, take off about half the poles on the building on the right, and voila. just try it.
    is this going in the ....erm... august-december PP?
    < but blonder.

Quote Originally Posted by ][ntamin22
    .... LMAO.
    that anyone would use team america for actual historical reference is just beyond me. i guess it could work, but the whole point of the movie is outrageously exagerating everything. just seems so contradictory.
    Sure the premise of the movie is absolutely ridiculous, but the scenery in the marketplace scene (which he said he was going for) is realistic yet cartoonish enough to duplicate in RCT. It was just an idea.

Anyways, as for the screen, I think it looks a lot better than the last one, though still a bit "hodgepodged". Good work overall.
    SFA SOURCE . . .

hmm, i guess so. somehow it just seems unlikely is all.
    < but blonder.

the enterance from a differant view:

this will most likely be the last update in Port of Entry. Look for Marvel Superhero Island featuring the Incredible Hulk and much more in the next update.

that one looks better, even if it is still cluttered. somehow the similar rooves and plants pull it together.

can't wait for a marvel island update.
    oh, and for goodness sake don't make another Hulk coaster. Do Captain America's, or Iron Man, or heck, even a friggin' Namor ride. just not a Hulk clone.
    < but blonder.

Wooden inverted hyper poster Thrillboy's Avatar
    I agree, I'm Sick of seeing hulk coasters in everybody's parks, even the Six Flags ones! you could Make a spiderman coaster or fantastic four.

Dueling dragons is also overused, but it's still fun to see them duel perfectly each time.

just a few suggestions.
    I love Coasters The Moasters.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Disneyworld or hershey. | Wooden Roller Coaster: Boulder Dash/Coney's Cyclone | Steel Roller Coaster: Storm Runner

a glimpse of what Marvel Superhero Island is looking like (with a bit of The Incredible Hulk on the left):

The buildings look really cool. I especially like the Spiderman climbing the side of one of them.

Why are there two Spiderman climbing the building? It would look better with just one.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast