Thread: New Weird Al Album to Come Out Sometime Soon

New Weird Al Album to Come Out Sometime Soon

Being a Weird Al fan I recently decided to check out the archive section of his official website. I went into the recording dates and scrolled to the bottom and saw that in July he recorded a few songs. It says the names are TBA. Hopefully this album will be better than his last one. I thought Poodle Hat was a good album but it was definetly not as good as some of his previous albums. Here's the link to the page that lists his recording sessions. Scroll to the bottom to see what I'm talking about.http://www.weirdal.com/rcdgdate.htm

Bad Hair Day or Alapalooza were the best, they had the funniest songs. I liked Running With Scissors until everyone I knew became upsessed with the annoying song Albequerque, then I sort of fell out of the Weird Al music.
    I'm in love with 30 Rock, Outkast and Maverick.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands Of Adventure

Teh Band
    SWEET!!!!! I saw weird al at Stabler Arena for the running with scissors tour. It was great.

It's all about the Pentiums Baby....
    Thornton to Heatley all day, every day.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Mean Streak | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

I love Weird Al...if only he'd come up to Toronto again...

A long long time ago
    in a galaxy far away
    Naboo was under an attack...

Quote Originally Posted by slnewbus
    SWEET!!!!! I saw weird al at Stabler Arena for the running with scissors tour. It was great.
    I wanted to go to his concert at the Allentown Fairgrounds for the Poodle Hat Tour but I had to go to Boy Scout Camp . Then my parents let me quit a month late, which was good, but it came a little too late.

My favorite Weird Al album is probably Bad Hair Day, I Remember Larry is a great song. I seriously don't think theres a song on there that I'll skip over. I definetly miss the old Al. He just isn't the same without his curly hair and big glasses. Hopefully this new album will bring the return of Al-TV where Weird Al takes over MTV ot VH1 for an hour or so in the early morning to promote his upcoming album. Then after the album I'm hoping for the release of the Weird Al Show on DVD.

Weird Al has a new song out right now....You're Pitiful (paradoy of James Blunt's You're Beautiful). The song is awesome, very funny. I cant wait for the new CD, hopefully none of the artists will have hissy fits when he tries to make a music video *cough*Eminem*cough*
    http://www.weirdal.com/
    There's a free download link on his website.
    Last edited by Ryan F; 06-08-2006 at 05:07 PM.

It's awesome how he can take a song I hate and make it great. Still has his vocal range too.

Quote Originally Posted by WildeFyre
    hopefully none of the artists will have hissy fits when he tries to make a music video *cough*Eminem*cough*
    What about Coolio, with Gansters Paradise turned into Amish Paradise, he got really pist. I think the only thing he really said to Weird Al was keep your distance, or stay away from me. Apparently Weird Al asked for permission to do the song, Coolio said no because Gangster's Paradise was "very serious", and Al did Amish Paradise anwyay
    I'm in love with 30 Rock, Outkast and Maverick.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands Of Adventure

From what I head about the Coolio instance is that his producer or manager told Al that Coolio had given the permission when he really hadnt. It wasn't until after the song was done that Al found out that Coolio never gave permission.

Either way though Al doesnt need permission, he just does it to be nice.

Sweet. Really excited about this. Poodle Hat was my first real introduction to his music, so I like it just fine. Hilarious.

He really is a decent singer. Definitely has vocal range. I always said if he did a straight up pop/rock album, I'd buy it!
    Six Flags over Georgia
    G O L I A T H
    Get Hyped !
    Favorites: Amusement Park: tie -- Dollywood, Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead, Dollywood | Steel Roller Coaster: Maverick, CP

NEW ALBUM COMES OUT NEXT WEEK!
    Straight Outta Lynwood
    So far the songs I've heard are awesome.
    There's a fan made video of his new polka song on youtube that is awesome. I wont spoil it, but the way he does a certain snoop song had me rolling on the floor.
    His new video for white and nerdy is also awesome.
    http://www.weirdal.com/
    I'll be in the stores on the 26th for sure

I keep hearing his song White & Nerdy on the radio. It's really funny.

My "Bad Hair day" Broke But I'm definitely getting this.
    "Hey Mark!"
    Favorites: Amusement Park: BGE | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Bizarro SFNE

Corkscrew Poster
    I don't care what anybody says, Weird Al is awesome. I've been to a number of his concerts and they've all rocked. If you haven't seen his movie UHF yet, do yourself a favor and rent it now. I'll be getting this CD quite readily.

My Ratings are as Follows!
    1. White and Nerdy (Parody of "Ridin" by Chamillionaire)- 5/5
    2. Pancreas- 2/5
    3. Canadian Idiot (Parody of "American Idiot" by Green Day)- 3/5
    4. I'll Sue Ya- 5/5
    5. Polkarama - 3/5
    6. Virus Alert - 5/5
    7. Confessions Part III (Parody of "Confessions Part II" by Usher)- 4/5
    8. Weasel Stomping Day - 4/5
    9. Close But No Cigar - 3/5
    10. Do I Creep You Out (Parody of "Do I Make You Proud" by Taylor Hicks")- 2/5
    11. Trapped in the Drive-Thru (Parody of Trapped in the Closet by R. Kelly)- 5/5
    12. Don't Download this Song- 4/5

Deleted Songs
    13. You're Pitiful (Parody of "You're Beautiful" by James Blunt)- 4/5

Bonuses
    Videos
    14. White and Nerdy (Parody of "Ridin" by Chamillionaire) Not on DualDisc but on Weird Al's MySpace- 5/5
    15. Pancreas- 2/5
    16. I'll Sue Ya- 5/5
    17. Virus Alert- 5/5
    18. Weasel Stomping Day- 4/5
    19. Close But No Cigar- 3/5
    20. Don't Download this Song- 2/5
    Karaoke and 5.1 Mixes
    All of them are worthy of my praise, but hey, they're the same song.
    Al in the Studio
    21. 5/5 Interesting look at Al in the Studio!

Overall, I give it a:
    3.8 out of 5

But the lack of Bad songs is an excellent boost to any Album, so Don't Download these Songs, get the real deal, (so you get 5.1/Karaoke/Videos) from the Music Store!
    o hai. i herd u liek mudkipz?
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point

Unfortunately the CD wont be out for a week or two here in Canada, so I'll have to wait.

But, I will say that the polka on this album is one of my favourite polka's from any of his CDs. Just the way he does Candy Shop and Drop it Like it's hot makes the whole song awesome.

"Pancreas" automatically gained a few points in my book just for this:

"My pancreas attracts every other pancreas in the universe
    With a force proportional to the product of their masses
    And inversely proportional to the distance between them

Woo woo woo woo"

Those with a physics background get that joke instinctively. The fact that Al probably didn't have to look that up and came up with it all on his own makes it even better (he did graduate from high school at 16 as valedictorian, and earned a bachelors in architecture from Cal Poly after that).
    How's this for school? Walt Disney World. Yep, you read that right. I'm here from 8/23/04 to 1/03/05 working in Fantasyland, and sometimes Tommorowland.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Son of Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force & Top Thrill Dragster

In case anyone was wondering why "You're Pitiful" isnt on the new CD:
    http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...toryId=5482774

I almost got the CD today but ran out of time. I'll be getting it within the week. Between my brother and I, I think we have all of Al's albums.
    Ask me why I say Banshee is NOT the new Kings Island coaster.
    Be sure to check out Speedzone as I have made 11 additions.

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, circa 1989 | Wooden Roller Coaster: Blue Streak (CP) | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force (CP), never been on Drachen Fire

"They see me MOWIN'....My front lawn...they all think I'm White n Nerdy"

Wow, I love the song White and Nerdy, its so classic. I have yet to listen to the entire album.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Mean Streak | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

I'm the good looking one Steven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by WildeFyre
    In case anyone was wondering why "You're Pitiful" isnt on the new CD:
    http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...toryId=5482774
    Yeah they interviewed Wierd Al on my local radio station here, and he noted Atlantic Records were the ones to blame, saying "it's too early in his career".

Though, after the interview, the morning show hosts had the guts to play the song on-air (mind you, this is a ClearChannel radio station I'm talking about - which tends to censor a lot).
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum

http://youtube.com/watch?v=JCAt9WcCFbM
    Fan made video of Polkarama!
    It's actually pretty good...I need to go buy the CD soon.

For anyone that likes Weird Al Yankovic, if you want something similar I reccomend "MC Lars". He's a underground artist that makes music on his laptop...he's a Stanford graduate and he's known for making music from his dorm room.

Sounds lame? No way. MC Lars is the man. His music doesn't exactly make fun of a particular songs, but he creates songs that have a really big/deeper message that points out stuff wrong about our current society. Its not like serious music, its VERY funny and makes a lot of fun about stuff.

Here are a few songs and what they're about:

Generic Crunk Rap: Like the title says, this song makes fun of how "Crunk Rap" is really generic, bland, and pointless. Basically making fun of how its all material props and basic crap, like getting drunk, rhyming about cars and giving props to hometown. He throws in GREAT laughs as he points out the "Props to my Hometown" part where in the background you hear "Carmel VALLEY!"...classic.

iGeneration: The song has a big message, that our generation has been really overly commercialized and such. Its a great song.

Internet Relationships (Are Not Real Relationships): The title says it all, its great too, points out everyway internet relationships are werid and lame. Great listen, I love it.

Singing Emo: Ah this is a good song as well. MC Lars discusses how Emo is just a sellable genre rather than a quality rich genre. Top song as well.

Hot Topic is NOT Punk Rock: Its just strange materialism....the song speaks for itself.

Those are the top songs by my standards. Again, if you like Weird Al, check out MC Lars. "The Graduate" is a fantastic album if you're into parody and stuff that makes fun of todays popular stuff.

I finally heard this CD today on the way to Carowinds no less.

Overall I wasn't that impressed, about half of the songs were great the others were just ok to me. I won't be running out to buy it. I might download some of them at some point.

That being said, Al is still amazing and some of the stuff he comes up with are pure genius.

1. White and Nerdy 4/5
    2. Pancreas- 3.5/5
    3. Canadian Idiot - 3/5
    4. I'll Sue Ya- 5/5
    5. Polkarama - 2/5
    6. Virus Alert - 4/5
    7. Confessions Part III - 3/5
    8. Weasel Stomping Day - 2/5
    9. Close But No Cigar - 4/5
    10. Do I Creep You Out - 3/5
    11. Trapped in the Drive-Thru - 5/5
    12. Don't Download this Song- 4/5
    Intimidator Ride Count - 313

Proud Mem**r of the 200 Club! - Current Count - 203

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

Quote Originally Posted by nickolas_adam69
    I keep hearing his song White & Nerdy on the radio. It's really funny.
    Where do you live? I've never heard any of his songs on the radio!

And why have I never heard about his concerts?
    AP Classes are so worth it...
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghost Rider | Steel Roller Coaster: Maverick

Quote Originally Posted by go_me
    Where do you live? I've never heard any of his songs on the radio!

And why have I never heard about his concerts?
    Uh, it says his location right next to his post...

Omaha, Nebraska.
    New York Yankees - 2009 WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: S:RoS