Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Saw 2

Saw 2

Is anyone else excited for this beast of a movie like I am? I thought the first one was freakin' bad a$$.
    Ruler of TN's Darkside
    Hell is truth seen to late
    R.I.P.-Orient Express
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Timberwolf | Steel Roller Coaster: Dueling Dragons- Both kick ass!!

I definately am. Going opening night. In the first scene. Apparently the guy wakes up with a key implanted behind his eye, and he has to gauge his own eye out to get the key, and take off the nail filled mask that will close in 60sec. Seems like it's gonna be just as good as the first one. Can't wait. And yes, it was bad azz.
    Let's Go! HOKIES!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1.The Beast 2.Ghostrider 3.Phoenix 4.Lightning Racer | Steel Roller Coaster: 1.Millenium Force 2.Kraken 3.Alpengeist 4.Nitro

Jr. Poster
    I like it for a the fact is different than most horror movies, it isn't some dumb teens or person being killed where you know what is going to happen while the first saw was unpredictable, this one looks be as good or better

James
    I am so set to see this movie... I was never into the first one.. And didnt even want to see it... But I got the chance to see it for free.. outside in the woods... at night... (woo!) So I saw it.. and found it to be a really good movie.. So I cant wait for saw2 to come out

never seen the trailer but it can only be better than the first one which also was bad a$$
    I'm going to try my best to try and light an old flame...

Yeah, shes awesome...JUST DEAL slipknot8527's Avatar
    The first one was brilliant...one of the best horror movies in recent years (besides The Grudge).

Can't wait for the second one.
    HANNAH MONTANA!!!!!!!!!
    TAKING THE WORLD BY STORM!!!!!
    "I'm living proof....THAT GIRLS CAN ROCK!!!!!!"
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Great American Scream Machine | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

I want to see hte second one so bad, but my mom won't let me, especially after the first. That was a crazy twist it had, huh?
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Great Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Kingda Ka

As long as there is no more cutting off of the body parts, I will go see it. That small segment in the first one almost made me puke, and I could have did without it. It seems like this new one doesn't have that seeing how everone is in a room together with no chains so I should be fine. It does look like it's going to be gruesome.

"There will be blood." lol

I am excited for this movie. I thought the first one was good but it didnt go as deep into the other peoples stories as I wanted it to do. ^ I thought that was funny in the commercial "and yes there will be blood."

Wooden Poster
    I can't wait, I'm so excited! I saw the first one opening night and was highly surprised how awesome it was! I would love to see this one opening weekend, but I've got to work. So, I'll see it next week! YAY FOR SAW 2!
    WDW CP - Spring & Fall 2006 - Entertainment Performer
    WDWCP Alumni - Spring 2005 - Living Seas/Soarin'
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Boulderdash | Steel Roller Coaster: Superman: Ride of Steel (SFNE)

Intimidating Poster! Carowinds 73-03's Avatar
    Yeah, i'll be sure to see this if it's anything like the first. I guess not much promotion for this movie. I just heard about it 2 weeks ago.

I can't wait to see it, but it will probably be hit or miss. The whole concept of the jigsaw killer is awesome, but I hope everything in the second movie is just a rehash of that concept. But then, I hope they don't disregard it completely (kind of like how The Ring 2 abandoned the concept of only having 7 days to live after watching the tape in favor of the lame new thing of Samara wanting a mom.)

Quote Originally Posted by EastCoastn07
    As long as there is no more cutting off of the body parts, I will go see it.
    Um, you can pretty much count on it that there will be.

Quote Originally Posted by slipknot8527
    The first one was brilliant...one of the best horror movies in recent years (besides The Grudge).
    Besides The Grudge? How can you rank that so high up there with Saw? The Grudge is one of the worst horror films I've ever seen.
    ~ RAPTOR
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast, Mean Streak, Viper, Thunderbolt | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum XL-200, Millennium Force, Maverick, Goliath (SFoG), Montu, Expedition Everest, Raptor

I'm going this weekend. I still need to see the 1st one...

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Kingda Ka/Top Thrill Dragster

If that doctor in the first one had an ounce of acting talent in him, the movie would have been so much better, but it was still good. I hope the actors in this one are decent, although my hopes aren't exactly very high for that.
    Let's Go! HOKIES!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1.The Beast 2.Ghostrider 3.Phoenix 4.Lightning Racer | Steel Roller Coaster: 1.Millenium Force 2.Kraken 3.Alpengeist 4.Nitro

I just picked up the new DVD of Saw that comes with the ticket to go see Saw 2. So I'll be seeing but not opening weekend but the second. The case for the new DVD is great, it has running blood in it that flows through the cover. Very nice.
    YOUR HATRED AMUSES ME
    Favorites: Amusement Park: 1. Cedar Point 2. SFGAm 3. Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1. The Voyage 2. Viper 3. The Boss 4. Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: 1. Millennium Force 2. Top Thrill Dragster 3. Maverick 4. Raging Bull 5. Raptor

Yea I can't wait either. The first one was just genious. It had an amazing story, incredible plot twists, great suspense and was just overall an incredible horror movie. One of my all time favorite. I just hope this second one lives up to the hype.

Suspended Poster RllrCoasterFan's Avatar
    The first was geniou like most of you have said and this one looks like it might be one of those brilliant films that will surpass the first one. The clown doll is so freaky and freaked me out in the first one. Saw was an orignal and will be hard to beat in the sequel. It is so gorey and painful to watch and that hadn't been in a movie for a while. And another thing it seemed real, like it could happen. I love horror films that go on possible real consepts like serial killers but also make it have a supernatural feel and this one did that. Can't wait for this one.

And to whoever said this hasn't had a lot of promotion behind it, those are always the best and scariest films. Plus no big name actors in it so it feels like it could happen to you even more.
    SCREWED UP
    From T-TOWN 2 H-TOWN
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast, Mean Streak, and Wild Cat(Frontier City) | Steel Roller Coaster: TTD, Millennium Force, Titan, Raptor, Wildfire, and many others...

Yes these movies are the shiznit. You can't ruin it for yourself by caring about small details like acting talent. It almost starts its own genre of horror movies. One's with actual plots that aren't just kill all the college kids at summer camp.
    Ruler of TN's Darkside
    Hell is truth seen to late
    R.I.P.-Orient Express
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Timberwolf | Steel Roller Coaster: Dueling Dragons- Both kick ass!!

Minetrain Poster
    /\ Definately. I had never seen anything like Saw and when I saw it, I couldn't sleep well for quite a while. The clown and the pig faced masks are freakin awesome and I'm sure that this one will surpass the first.

I was reading on the Saw 2 Blog and the producer and the directors were watching the final product, before cuts, and one of them stood up during a scene and started telling the other ones that they should take it out and that it was ********** disguisting. The other producers said no and he walked out off the meeting and left. So if the people that made it are questioning whether or not to put a scene in, I'm sure that it will be extremely gorey.

Wooden Poster
    Saw is the best horror movie EVER!! Hands down! The orginiality behind it makes it one of a kind. The question is, will the second one have a twist like the first one did or will it just be a movie to cash in on the originality of the first movie? I can't see them throwing any more curve balls into this story but I hope I get surprised.
    Generally, I'm about as photogenic as a pail of stillborns
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Hershey Park Wildcat | Steel Roller Coaster: X

man, this one does look sweet.

I hope it has another quote like "its...its...gunna be allwight..."...man even though he did just cut his foot off, him saying that like an old grandpa cracked me up.

definatly seeing this one opening weekend!
    Pay no attention to me.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Mount Olympus/Six Flags Magic Mountain | Wooden Roller Coaster: HADES! | Steel Roller Coaster: X

Just got back from Saw II, and i have to say I enjoyed myself. In the first death, although it may not have been too graphic of an actual death, the lead up to it was one of the most intense scenes in a movie i've ever seen. Overall it was very good, if you liked the first one, which i did, you'll like this one. I personally thought it was very good, and you'll be in for a decent surprise at the end. I figured out half of it, but it was still good. Not sure if the twist is as good as the last one, but still very good. Definately go check it out if you can handle these types of movies. 8/10
    Let's Go! HOKIES!

I loved this movie. I have to hand it to the producers of this movie. They made an absolutely amazing first movie and for once the sequel lived up to it completely. The story was amazing. The deaths, creativity and plot twists were simply spectacular, which is actually an understatement. Like I was sitting through the movie thinking "wow the first one was amazing how can they possibly be as creative and really live up to the first one?" But they did, they blew me out of the water. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Everything was just so new and original that it was hard to believe we as humans could think of stuff so twisted, scary and just overall mind boggling. Amazingly creative and amazingly twisted is the best way to describe it.

Spoiler

I knew that the movie would have some sort of crazy plot twist at the end and even though I was expecting it, it still blew me out of the water.
    END

This is definitley one of the best movies of the year IMO. I give this a 9.5/10.
    Last edited by Coastr Crazy 72; 10-29-2005 at 12:36 AM.

BTW, anyone who saw it, how bout that preview for Hostel. That looks crazy. Up the same alley as Saw. Plus Tarantino's involved or at least gave it his seal of approval. Can't wait to see more about that.
    Let's Go! HOKIES!

Well, I'm not allowed to see this movie, but if someone can PM me what happens, that'd be great, 'cause it seems like a GREAT story, the first one was.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Great Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Kingda Ka

All I can say is, wow...you would never expect what happens at the end of Saw II, and the producers did a good job with the connections between the first and this one. I have to say that this one is hands down the most gross out of the two, and it really makes you squimish during some of the scenes. It was a great movie, and I can't wait till the third one...oops did I say that.

Never saw the first...but to fully enjoy the second, is it absolutely necessary I see the first one to enjoy the second one?
    Ask me why I say Banshee is NOT the new Kings Island coaster.
    Be sure to check out Speedzone as I have made 11 additions.

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, circa 1989 | Wooden Roller Coaster: Blue Streak (CP) | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force (CP), never been on Drachen Fire

Theres only a few small segments that are connected with the first one. The only thing the first tells you about is the guy that is doing this. I wouldn't say it is necessary to have to watch the first, but if you want a better understanding of the killer and what not, definitely watch the first one. They're both great horror movies, so I'd watch both if I was you.

Whats hostel. I did a search for it at movies.com but it had nothing about it.

I am your substitute god willski2002's Avatar
    Dude.

Saw II was just about the bloodiest movie ever, but it was still pretty awesome.

SPOILER

My favorite parts were the syringe pit, the oven (I'm a pyro no more :P), and the razor thingy with the antedote inside.

MAJOR, MAJOR SPOILER

The first guy (white guy in a suit thing)-shot in the head by a rigged gun.
    Second dude (Obi)-Burned alive
    Third person (random girl)-Asphyxiation (sp?) aka ownt by the nerve gas.
    Fourth person (some other dude)-Spiked baseball bat to the head
    Fifth person (hooker girl)-Hands stuck in the razor things
    Sixth person (Xavier)-Sliced up with a saw

Pretty awesometastic movie, if you ask me.

Oh yes, there will be blood............
    Quote Originally Posted by PCW Maniac
    What I'm posting is saying how brave I am and that I don't care about rules! If I lose my camera while making a POV, at least I'll lose it for something.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Raven/Legend | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast