Thread: Beech Bend's new GCII woodie

Beech Bend's new GCII woodie

As we all know, the coaster was announced back in September. But the name wasn't going to be announced until today. Nothing is put up on the website yet, but does anyone know the name?

www.beechbend.com

Katie, who can't wait til 5/6/06
    ~Website Admin and Staff Director~

Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Intimidator 305

Teh Band
    Kentucky Rumbler

Hey Katie
    I have been looking also and have not found anything on the new name. They had a press conference yesterday at 12.30 and could not find it posted anywhere. If anybody finds it let us know
    Who Dey
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Blackpool | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Superman New England

Yeah, the name for it is Kentucky Rumbler.

Well, its a cool name, i think. Atleast its not another Goliath. lol

There is alot of awesome photos from the day at http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum...ic.php?t=20049
    Sit down(or stand up), hands up, and enjoy your ride! :-D
    Favorites: Amusement Park: PortAventura | Wooden Roller Coaster: Balder at Liseberg | Steel Roller Coaster: Kanonen at Liseberg, Dragon Khan at PortAventura, and Vild-Svinet at BonBon-Land.

Inverted Tophat Poster coasterdude28's Avatar
    Those pictures look great. This ride looks amazing and I like the name.
    Batman and Robin: The Chiller
    1997 - 2007
    Favorites: Amusement Park: safadsg

I stopped by Beech Bend recently on my way to Fear Fest at PKI. I took a lot of pics you can see of the construction if you go here:

http://www.pbase.com/thrillerman/bee...ruction_102205
    I'm turning Japanese I think I'm turning Japanese I really think so
    Favorites: Amusement Park: BGW Knoebels IB HW | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: S:ROS SFNE

Wooden Poster
    Great Pics Thrillerman, those pics make it look way better then the concept art and animation do IMO

I love the look of a new wooden coaster with wooden structure, I wish Voyage could of used a wooden structure talk about beautiful.

HOLY COW! This looks sweEeEeEeEet! These are the first batch of pictures that I have seen of this ride.

Is the coaster going to be topped with the Millenium Flyer Trains?
    I just really hope that you think of me, because I'm tryna be unforgettable...
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point -- Islands Of Adventure -- Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum XL-200 & Phantom's Revenge

Yes Millenium Flyers will be put on BB's new coaster.

And here is a tidbit, in Denmark at PowerPark, their GCII woodie will have mag brakes, the only GCII to have them.
    ~Website Admin and Staff Director~

Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Intimidator 305

Glad you guys enjoyed my pics. KR is definitely much more impressive in person than the concept art makes it look. It's a LOT of bang crammed into a small footprint, so I think the MF trains are going to be hauling through the layout!

By the way, the MF trains are really nice. If you've ridden Lightning Racer or Thunderhead you know what I mean. Best trains I've ever sat in.
    I'm turning Japanese I think I'm turning Japanese I really think so
    Favorites: Amusement Park: BGW Knoebels IB HW | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: S:ROS SFNE

I know exactly what you mean. Very comfortable and makes the ride seem oh so smooth for a wooden coaster. They look cool too! 8-)

Do you have a link to the concept art?
    I just really hope that you think of me, because I'm tryna be unforgettable...
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point -- Islands Of Adventure -- Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum XL-200 & Phantom's Revenge

Teh Band
    Quote Originally Posted by CoastinKatie
    And here is a tidbit, in Denmark at PowerPark, their GCII woodie will have mag brakes, the only GCII to have them.
    PowerPark ε Finland

But hey, that's cool that they are going to give mags a shot!

Millennium Flyers are almost the perfect trains... if they came without seat dividers and utilized a single bar they would perfect. Still, Dan kicks ass and they are among the best out there today.

Do you have a link to the concept art?
    Assuming you are talking about this ride, go to greatcoasters.com. I mean you could have clicked the link in the second post and found it (including a direct link to the video) but I guess that would have taken too much effort...

ok Ive had my 4am dose of sarcasm... I'm done

Inverted Tophat Poster coasterdude28's Avatar
    Great pictures Thrillerman. This coaster look more impressive with every new picture I see. The actual ride also looks a lot better than the concept art. It is very twisted and looks like it will give nice bursts of airtime.
    Batman and Robin: The Chiller
    1997 - 2007
    Favorites: Amusement Park: safadsg

HPStormrunner gave the thread. Merging threads is not working for me, so I'll close this one and refer to the thread HPStormrunner linked to.
    Ask me why I say Banshee is NOT the new Kings Island coaster.
    Be sure to check out Speedzone as I have made 11 additions.

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, circa 1989 | Wooden Roller Coaster: Blue Streak (CP) | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force (CP), never been on Drachen Fire