Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Busch Gardens 2007

Busch Gardens 2007

guys i know its a long time, but with the 400th aniverey of the jamestown settlement, williamsburg area is going to be getting a lot of tourists. This will be a smart year for BGW to add a coaster. I have heard rumors of a Switzerland dive coaster, Spain is always thrown in the air, and there could be anything else. Guys our last coaster was in 1999, and we have lost a coaster with a lot of potential in that time too. If Busch wants to stay as one of the top parks they need a new coaster, and they better not even think about messing with BBW or LNM. They are landmarks in that park. Anythings possible, Darkastle was alright bt it wasnt worth the 40 million or whatever they spent on it, I just came back from Disney and there darkrides blew CotDK away. Alright id apreciate feedback, thanks
    Top 5
    1.Apollo's Chariot
    2.Xcelerator
    3.Ghost Rider
    4.Alpengeist
    5.Space Mountain (Disneyland)
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Grizzly (PKD) | Steel Roller Coaster: Apollo's Chariot

That would be a good idea, because of the anniversary, but I don't think it's gonna happen. If we did get a new country, I think it should be Spain. Some European countries are portrayed by others in the park. For example, Switzerland could be the area right around Alpengeist. Greece could be right around Apollo's Chariot. Even Romania could be in the area where Dar Kastle was made. I think they should really break the park up into more, smaller countries.

Yea I think BGW should do somthing big like add a new coaster. But I have a feeling that they will not do it. BGW does not seem to add rides that often. But who knows I guess we will have to wait and see

I see a whole ton of bs coming to this thread soon. I'm gonna make a vague prediction, that way I can say I was right(hopefully) right from the beginning.

I look into the future and I see, a roller coaster.
    Sesame Street characters at Busch Gardens Europe!?
    Take THAT Magic Kingdom!
    Verbolten: 43
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Europe | Wooden Roller Coaster: Gwazi (Lion) Busch Gardens Africa | Steel Roller Coaster: The Loch Ness Monster

I really hope BGW does get somthing new. They are overdue for a new coaster. I think its a great idea for them to get a new section like spain etc.. and them seem to like B&M so why not a floorless?

Blue and White Ignite! VekomahangNbang's Avatar
    A floorless or sit down would be a great idea. I think B & M should try to bring back the cutback and/ or wraparound corkscrew.
    GO MAGIC
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Maverick

I heard rumors that this thread moved to rumors. Oh wait, I did that.
    Ask me why I say Banshee is NOT the new Kings Island coaster.
    Be sure to check out Speedzone as I have made 11 additions.

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, circa 1989 | Wooden Roller Coaster: Blue Streak (CP) | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force (CP), never been on Drachen Fire

Quote Originally Posted by Red Dog 40
    Guys our last coaster was in 1999, and we have lost a coaster with a lot of potential in that time too. If Busch wants to stay as one of the top parks they need a new coaster, and they better not even think about messing with BBW or LNM.
    BGW is fine with or without a new coaster. I don't see why some people bash the park all the time just because it doesn't build one every other year. Busch Gardens is more than just roller coasters. It's about the expierience as a whole.

Just look at where BGW excels-

-Great Rides
    -Great Shows
    -Great Food
    -Great Theming
    -Four GREAT coasters (compared to other parks that just have a bunch of crappy ones)

Attendance hasn't slipped or anything over the last few years, so BGW probably just doesn't feel like it is necessary to build a new coaster right now.

Eight years between Big Bad Wolf and Drachen Fire. It might be that long again...
    Last edited by Dukeis#1; 11-06-2005 at 12:46 AM.

I agree, BGW really doesn't need anything new, and they just spent 100 million on Curse of DarKastle. What more could you need really? The park is absolutely stunning, and people b*tch for more coasters. I wouldn't care if they never build another.

Katie, and if she had the choice a GG woodie (LOL)
    ~Website Admin and Staff Director~

Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Intimidator 305

Avalanche of adventure poster
    How come every time someone posts about the cost of DarKastle the price goes up, now we are up to 100 Million!

Does anyone really believe that?
    Celebrating 10 years of ALPENGEIST. Still the world's tallest,fallest gravity driven inverted coaster.

Well, Expedition Everest cost $350 million, so why not?
    "Yeah, that's what I want in a roller coaster. Seniority." - Dennis Miller, referring to Leap The Dips
    Favorites: | Wooden Roller Coaster: Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: S:RoS at SFNE

my concern is we may have 4 great coasters, but with passholders who ride these things year in and year out, we need something new and fresh to ride. I mean i love all the rides at BGW but there needs to be a major new eticket, and darkastle jus wasnt the answer for me. There is so much room too. Something shoulg go in the san marco area behind the garden, and go under the bridge, it would be great, alright thats all i got to say.
    Top 5
    1.Apollo's Chariot
    2.Xcelerator
    3.Ghost Rider
    4.Alpengeist
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Grizzly (PKD) | Steel Roller Coaster: Apollo's Chariot

If they are smart they will cash in on the whole 400th Anniv thing.

But parks some times tend to be very short sited on things like that.

BGW has gotten rid of 2 coasters in the past couple of years and we got none in return. I don't understand what they are thinking.

I really hope they get something good next time, whenever that is.

Seems like a little birdy said the next one will be a B&M, but they didn't know when. I'm not saying who, because I'm not going to get someone in trouble.
    Intimidator Ride Count - 313

Proud Mem**r of the 200 Club! - Current Count - 203

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

Been Here Since the Begining Sir Willow's Avatar
    Don't count on it, for two major reasons-

First, they're not going to put in another major addition right after one the size of DarKastle. To much investment for not enough return. Expect it to be a couple of years.

Second, if they were adding another coaster, you would have seen markers, site preparation, and other indicators by now. They're not there. Thus, no coaster next year. Because at this point, it's to late to start on a major addition in that area and have it done next year- not with the nice winters they have there.
    Have you read my number 1 best seller? There will be a test! ~God
    Life with God is one thrill ride you'll never want to get off of.
    My park & coaster photos: Sir Willow's Smugmug pictures
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Silver Dollar City, Dollywood, Bonfante Gardens, Holiday World, SFGrAm, Legoland and Disneyland | Wooden Roller Coaster: Phoenix,Thunderhead- Dollywood, NM Rattler, Raven & Legend- HW, Viper- SFGrAm, Giant Dipper-SCBB | Steel Roller Coaster: X!!, Goliath, Talon, Millenium Force, Montu, Kumba, others

Wooden Poster
    It sure would be nice if they get something interesting in 2007. They already have some of the best coasters in the world. SES

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Willow
    Second, if they were adding another coaster, you would have seen markers, site preparation, and other indicators by now. They're not there. Thus, no coaster next year. Because at this point, it's to late to start on a major addition in that area and have it done next year- not with the nice winters they have there.
    You wouldn't be seeing markers now. Not for 2007 construction

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

Been Here Since the Begining Sir Willow's Avatar
    *eyes pop open* umm, oops. For some reason I was thinking that meant for next year. Guess that's not 2007 is it....

See, this is what happens when you have to deal with elementary school kids all day! Yeah, I'll blame it on them. hehe :P
    Have you read my number 1 best seller? There will be a test! ~God
    Life with God is one thrill ride you'll never want to get off of.
    My park & coaster photos: Sir Willow's Smugmug pictures
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Silver Dollar City, Dollywood, Bonfante Gardens, Holiday World, SFGrAm, Legoland and Disneyland | Wooden Roller Coaster: Phoenix,Thunderhead- Dollywood, NM Rattler, Raven & Legend- HW, Viper- SFGrAm, Giant Dipper-SCBB | Steel Roller Coaster: X!!, Goliath, Talon, Millenium Force, Montu, Kumba, others

another thing BGW needs is an s&s launcher, those rides are so freaking fun, just the anticipation of the launch, and the great airtime, i heard one rumor why we dont have one is that it will interfier with the willaimsburg skyline. But if they build one in that great valley, or even do someting color make it half underground. BGW needs to untilize that great rhine river valley a little more. 2007 just looks good to me for some strange reason. I dont care how much Darkastle cost it wasnt worth the money, if Busch could only get the rights to make an EMV Motion Darkride like Indiana Jones or Dinosour. Well thats all I got, keepin my fingers crossed for 07
    Top 5
    1.Apollo's Chariot
    2.Xcelerator
    3.Ghost Rider
    4.Alpengeist

^If they get an S & S laucher, they need to maintain it well to prevent Hypersonic's problems.

2007 is a great time for them to get a coaster. An Intamin Accelerator like Stormrunner or Xcelerator would be perfect. Maybe as Red Dog 40 said, they could use the terrian. A terrian accelerator coaster would be awesome.
    GO MAGIC
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Maverick

I would much rather see an Intamin Rocket than one of those S&S air powered launches. The seats are horrible and Hypersonic is so overrated IMO (and yes I've ridden it many times).

Quote Originally Posted by VekomahangNbang
    ^If they get an S & S laucher, they need to maintain it well to prevent Hypersonic's problems.

2007 is a great time for them to get a coaster. An Intamin Accelerator like Stormrunner or Xcelerator would be perfect. Maybe as Red Dog 40 said, they could use the terrian. A terrian accelerator coaster would be awesome.

I think they meant an S&S launch tower, not like hypersonic but like Dr. Doom. That is something both BG's could use.
    I'm in love with 30 Rock, Outkast and Maverick.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands Of Adventure

^W/e. He should have said an S & S tower.

They could use a S & S tower, but I'd rather have a big coaster.
    GO MAGIC

i actally like the intiam rockets better, ive rode Knotts Berry Farms Xcelerator 17 times in one day, great rush. Hypersonic is a horrible ride, the restraints hurt, my groin hurt the rest of the day, and the ride sucked. I was actually talkin about an S&S launch tower, like Maliboomer at Disney's DCA. Those things rock. And just thnk if they had three of em on the river, or built the station underground using that terrian.

Another report I remember reading a while back that there were rumors of removing Lemans raceway for a future atraction, the raceway would be replaced in part of DF's old spot, cich im sure the ride would be enhanced a lil. But France doesnt have anything major. Im just throwing out ideas. I mean Im pretty sure if we ever get a coaster it will be a B&M, and B&M usually treast Busch nice, maybe a custom flyer, custom floorless. I just want another coaster to flirt with the Rhine river like 3 of te 4 do. And after riding Knotts Ghostrider, the most intense ride I have ever ridden, and believe me that is a nice title after all the rides i have ridden, a GCI woodie would always be nice in that forest area. But there is still two years, and if we are getting anyhting we prob wouldnt start noticing anyhting till Apr or May 06, alright thats all i got
    Top 5
    1.Apollo's Chariot
    2.Xcelerator
    3.Ghost Rider
    4.Alpengeist

First off, anything air powered is not, and will never ever be going into BGW. Unless if the designers/engineers find a way to muffle all the sound. An S&S air tower, maybe, an air launched coaster like hypersonic, no way. There's no possible way you could muffle up the sound enough to keep the---- er, neighbors from complaining.

Second, BGW is too good to get a ride where all it does is launch, fly up 400 or whatever feet, just to come hurtling back down again and that would be the end. They know things like that aren't probably going to last. Because as the years go by, full length coasters with actual track designs get built higher and higher.

Thirdly, aside from Sir Willow's stroke of genius (we'll just keep blaming it on the kids) and as I've said before, a new coaster for '07 would be blatantly obvious in the coming season.

Fourthly,(if that's not a word, it is now) Le man's raceway is not moving. Evidence of this, is one, there's not enough space for it, in DF's old footprint, even with a new layout. Also, think of the tunnels and all the empty areas within that ride they'd have to fill and level out. And last but not least, Le Mans Bistro just opened up this year, I don't think designers would build an outdoor dining area right next to a future Roller Coaster Spot, It just wouldn't work out.(I'll leave it to you guys to find out the many reasons behind that one.)

Fifthly, any new roller coaster going into Busch Gardens for '07 would have to be an explosion of fun, and new technology. If they build anything they know that is the year to impress people. They would have to build something new to the park, since that park has never seen a launch coaster, that may be in the works. from there on out, I have no idea what the wonderful designers at B&M are planning. Really the only thing we can do now is cross our fingers and hope for the best.
    Take THAT Magic Kingdom!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Europe | Wooden Roller Coaster: Gwazi (Lion) Busch Gardens Africa | Steel Roller Coaster: The Loch Ness Monster

Jr. Poster
    I think it will be 08 or 09 before supports start going up for a new coaster up there.

BGT just built Sheikra, the last major attraction before this was "Rhino Rally" which is still a huge disappointment! It took the park three years to build Sheikra (If my math is correct) and it was several more since Gwazi started running!

I think because of the new dark ride up there, they'll wait! I understand people saying they've taken two and gotten none. But remember, they're planning the future now! Something will be done! When they build another coaster up there, it will be top notch! Since when do the beer parks build a bad coaster? Hardly ever! Mr Busch is a money man, he wants all he gets out of the checks he writes! He's not going to blow millions on a thrill that people get at Six Flags or Kings Dominion!

Nothing against those companies, but we know Busch builds quality, not quantity!

In the words of Mr. Miagi in Karate Kid... Patience!
    Meet me in Margaritaville... Two-4-One specials after the Hulk!

Dave
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Universal, IOA and UO | Wooden Roller Coaster: Scream Machine - SFOG | Steel Roller Coaster: Sheikra

Anybody wonder why the park is opening a week later this year. It officially opens the 25th of march. I may be making something out of nothing(I probably am) but could this have something to do with a new ride going in?
    Take THAT Magic Kingdom!

^Umm... no. A new ride for this year would have already been announced.
    GO MAGIC

Please NO MORE LAUNCHED COASTERS! Yeah they were fun for a while but they just don't match the anticipation of a traditional lift. Virginia already has Volcano, Hypersonic, and Flight of Fear, they don't need another launched coaster of any type.

At least from my point of view traditional gravity coasters have a much longer popularity lifespan than launched coasters. I don't know what it is but launched coasters just lose something after the first 10-15 launches, whereas traditional coasters like Apollo's Chariot and Loch Ness Monster are just fun time after time.

I know Busch will make the right decision when building a new coaster, but I'm really hoping they go back to their good friends at B&M to build it for them.

UEO Naval Academy April_fool_79's Avatar
    Traded the roar of coasters for the roar of STOCK CARS!!!
    I didn't go on DarKastle while we were there, we had heard it was similar to Spiderman and couldn't justify spending an hour and a half in line for it. If it's true that it's similar to Spidey, then I could see DK being $100 million, since Spidey cost $215 million (more than all of Seuss Landing, which cost only $200 million).

Duke mentioned that it was 8 years between Big Bad Wolf and Drachen Fire. 2007 would be 8 years between Apollo's Chariot and whatever new coaster they'd get. There's plenty of space back where DF used to be that is sitting there wasted. I could see a good sized floorless going in back there.
    ,.-~*`*~-.- April Fool -,.-~*`*~-.
    I've gone to find myself. If I get back before I return, please keep me here
    What can I say, I come from race cars and pop rocks
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Magic Mountain | Wooden Roller Coaster: Grizzly | Steel Roller Coaster: X

Quote Originally Posted by RidePhoto101
    Please NO MORE LAUNCHED COASTERS! Yeah they were fun for a while but they just don't match the anticipation of a traditional lift. Virginia already has Volcano, Hypersonic, and Flight of Fear, they don't need another launched coaster of any type.
    Those lauchers are at PKD, a totally different park. Personally, I'm hoping for a compact Intamin Accelerator. I think a small to mid size one, somewhere in size between Speed Monster and Kanonen, would fit in nicely.

If it's true that it's similar to Spidey, then I could see DK being $100 million, since Spidey cost $215 million (more than all of Seuss Landing, which cost only $200 million).
    Spiderman cost around $100 million, not $215 million.
    GO MAGIC

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast