View Poll Results: Who ownz? Paramount Parks of Six Flags Parks?

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Paramount Parks!

13 50.00%
  • Six Flags Parks!

13 50.00%

Thread: Who Ownz? Paramount or Six Flags?

Who Ownz? Paramount or Six Flags?

Of course... PARAMOUNT PARKS! Sorry for the caps...
    I have no signature...Oh...Wait...This is a signature...
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Kings Dominion | Wooden Roller Coaster: Grizzly | Steel Roller Coaster: Volcano, The Blast Coaster

tom destroyed blink poster dukeandPCfan's Avatar
    10.99 miles from Carowinds, 16.59 miles from the Panthers
    Simple: Paramount Parks overall are cleaner and nicer, they actually fairly distribute among their parks (not try to overload and neglect 20 parks while spending millions on three or four). PP is not broke and continues to be successful, and with what i see as hyper additions for at least three of their parks in the next few years (PKI, PKD, PC) and maybe even PCW will only better the parks. Six Flags has overreached imo, and even though they have a few good parks, as a chain they are very inconsistent and badly managed.
    Stanley Cup. CHAMPS.. CAROLINA HURRICANES
    ========================================
    Montreal, New Jersey, Buffalo, and Edmonton went home EMPTY HANDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Favorites: Amusement Park: Either Knott's or Paramount Carowinds | Wooden Roller Coaster: Hurler | Steel Roller Coaster: Top Gun: The Jet Coaster

khmerone...why does PAramount "own" over Six Flags so much? You failed to give us a reason.
    Ask me why I say Banshee is NOT the new Kings Island coaster.
    Be sure to check out Speedzone as I have made 11 additions.

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, circa 1989 | Wooden Roller Coaster: Blue Streak (CP) | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force (CP), never been on Drachen Fire

Teh Band
    I hate Paramount parks. PKD and PCW were both dumps to me, and even though Carowinds is my favorite Paramount Park, its still only as good as a Six Flags park near the middle of my list (say, Six Flags New England). Crappy coasters, horrible food and staff, and cleanliness on par or worse than Six Flags also doesn't help.

I think it's a location to location thing.

Kings Island looks to be better than any Six Flags.

Yet I like Six Flags Over Georgia as a whole more than Carowinds or Kings Dominion.

But then Carowinds and Kings Dominion are much better than other Six Flags parks, like SFKK.
    Last edited by Dukeis#1; 11-08-2005 at 11:31 PM.

I agree, Dukeis#1. 100%

Six Flags parks are more fun. Six Flags mismanagement of funds has favored the thrill-seeking guest (or enthusiast), for sure. For a while there, they were just plopping rides down left and right.

Paramount parks are better-managed. The overall experience is the focus, which is a better mindset, I think.

Definitely varies from park-to-park, though. I'm just not gonna vote. :confused:
    Six Flags over Georgia
    G O L I A T H
    Get Hyped !
    Favorites: Amusement Park: tie -- Dollywood, Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead, Dollywood | Steel Roller Coaster: Maverick, CP

I'll vote: neither. I've only been to one Paramount park and that's PGA which I can say is not the greatest park in the world. Then, I've only been to one Six Flags park that I can say I've enjoyed that didn't have all the trash lieing around and the rude staff.

But Hammy is right, different parks are probably vary, PKI and PKD are supposedly fun parks so maybe Paramount is good with the exception of PGA lol.

Teh Band
    Yea, I've heard that Great America is the worst and considering how much I disliked PKD and PCW, I can only imagine how bad it is...

I agree that its park by park, but overall SF still gets the nod from me. Combined Ive been to 9 of their parks, and it would go something like this:

2 SF Parks - 1 PPark - 3 SF Parks - 2 PParks - 1 SF Park

Obviously the top of that list was SF-heavy enough for me to give the nod to Six Flags, and with the experiences I have had (especially at Kings Dominion which seems so popular) I have lost interest in PKI.

It just boils down to what I have experienced so far...

[QUOTE] hate Paramount parks. PKD and PCW were both dumps to me, and even though Carowinds is my favorite Paramount Park, its still only as good as a Six Flags park near the middle of my list (say, Six Flags New England). Crappy coasters, horrible food and staff, and cleanliness on par or worse than Six Flags also doesn't help. [/QUOTE]
    you hit it right on the head just what i was thinking.

Six Flags are definately better parks. They may not be the cleanest but they make up for it with their roller coasters. I've been to PKD and PKI as well as SFGADV, SFA, and SFMM and Paramount doesn't really do it for me.
    "Fahrenheit-97 degrees and falling fast...Welcome to Hersheypark 2008."

"Virginia Tech Hokie for life...Recognize..."
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

Well if you ask me who outclasses everyone else on the block? Busch!

What? Did I consider Cedar Fair? In all honesty, NO I did not consider them seriously because I have NEVER been to a Cedar Fair park, to whereas I have been to Six Flags, Paramount, and Busch parks in the past number of years.

That said, each chain has a certain draw. For Six Flags, it is the ride experiences. For Paramount it is the mix of all aspects. And just as these two chains each have their own strengths, so do other unmentioned chains as well.

Intimidating Poster! Carowinds 73-03's Avatar
    I say Paramount for reasons already listed but it's not all Paramount Parks.

I have yet to go to PCW so i can't say much on that parks but Carowinds is by far the nicest looking, Cleanest and best managed park. Even the employees at PC are nicer than PKD, PKI or PGA.

I remeber years ago like 1999-2000 when i first visited PKI the park was pretty nice, now it's just slipping a bit. PKD has always been a very dirty park. I would put PKD & SFOG together.

Let gravity do the work.
    I'll vote Six Flags, strictly because their thrillride pool "OWNZ" Paramount's anyday, and also due to the fact that Six Flags has more parks across the board. I see it this way - imagine the chain you vote for - and the one that you don't pick, all the parks of that chain vanish. Which chain of parks and their assetts (rides/attractions), respectively, would you rather have in existence?

Paramount Parks are way more cleaner than six flags parks

^^ Duh... lol... Six Flags wants to draw in teenagers... Paramount seems to be more concentraed of family now... like...

PKI - Nickelodeon Universe
    PKD - Italian Job: Stunt Coaster
    PC - Boomerang Bay
    PCW - Mission Impossible: Stunt Spactacular/Nickelodeon Parade and other family stuff
    PGA - idk

Out of the 5 with the exception of pga... every paramount park are getting a family ride/addition for 2006...

As for SixFlags

SFGAdventure - um that new big 181foot giant wooden coaster...
    SFMM - A new big coaster... Tasu or something?
    SFOG - Goliath
    SFLR - Goliath

Such and such...

Just my 2 cents...
    I have no signature...Oh...Wait...This is a signature...
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Kings Dominion | Wooden Roller Coaster: Grizzly | Steel Roller Coaster: Volcano, The Blast Coaster

Intimidating Poster! Carowinds 73-03's Avatar
    SFMM's coaster is called Tatsu & SFGADV's is called El Toro!

Also i though PGA was getting a Disc-O-Round or whatever it's called.

Six Fkags is trying to dig themselves out of a huge old by digging it a bit deeper but i think it will all come out great in the ends for SF.

You have to spend money to make money.

I voted for six flags because its simple:

PParks are about the quality of their parks ex: they are said to be very clean.

SFParks are about quantity ex: they add coasters to favored parks very often but dont care of how to manage them or keep that park clean.

Edit:I am basing what I have said off of SFGADV. They get a new coaster every so often but havent maintained rolling thunder.
    Last edited by Emann; 11-10-2005 at 06:35 PM.

tom destroyed blink poster dukeandPCfan's Avatar
    10.99 miles from Carowinds, 16.59 miles from the Panthers
    if you evaluate the extreme best (like 3 parks from SF) compared to the best of Paramount, its simply unfair... SF is a much larger chain with a much larger budget. You must look to the chain as a whole to evaluate. As a whole, that decision is easy, Paramount PArks has well maintained, evenly balanced, money making parks, that seem to receive a coaster every two or so years, and a new installment of some sort EVERY year. The parks are clean, employees friendly, and coasters maintained pretty well. Six Flags as a whole presents many dirty parks with problems, old badly maintained rides, and a very uneven distribution of new rides. You can't compare a park like SFGADV or SFMM to PKI, b/c each those two park's budgets exceed the entire Paramount chain by a lot. You look to the chains as a whole to see who ownz. and i think every person here would agree, that on a whole, Paramount Parks are better then Six Flags....
    Stanley Cup. CHAMPS.. CAROLINA HURRICANES
    ========================================
    Montreal, New Jersey, Buffalo, and Edmonton went home EMPTY HANDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Favorites: Amusement Park: Either Knott's or Paramount Carowinds | Wooden Roller Coaster: Hurler | Steel Roller Coaster: Top Gun: The Jet Coaster

Six flags for rides

Paramount for atmosphere and park management.

Make this poll more specific and I'll vote.
    Asia: four little letters, four billion little people.

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghostrider | Steel Roller Coaster: Xcelerator