Thread: Small Woodie?

Smile Small Woodie?

My friend has a season pass to cedar point, and when he was there on the last day of operation, he said he saw some wood laying around the park. He said something about a rumor that it was replacement wood for either gemini or mean streak. This rumor was eventually proved wrong, so what is the wood for? Also, Why would they give the coaster count to SFMM when they've held it for so many years? Please give your opinions here
    Last edited by go_me; 11-09-2005 at 04:42 PM.

They're fixing up a restroom. Or fixing fences. Or a bridge. Or replacing the wood on Gemini. It could be any number of things. They "gave" the coaster count to SFMM because they didn't know the park was building a coaster, I guess. Or they wanted to focus on noncoaster rides.
    ThrillNetwork editor emeritus - NSCIGC member
    Voyage is the best coaster
    Raptor ride count - 1,160.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Holiday World, Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Raptor

the wood is probably used for laying skyhawk on so its paint isnt scratched. thats what they do for coasters while building them

Been Here Since the Begining Sir Willow's Avatar
    There was a couple of things I've read (on the CP blog I think?) that said that much of the wood was for work on Gemini's support structure and rebuilding/ replacing some of that.
    Have you read my number 1 best seller? There will be a test! ~God
    Life with God is one thrill ride you'll never want to get off of.
    My park & coaster photos: Sir Willow's Smugmug pictures
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Silver Dollar City, Dollywood, Bonfante Gardens, Holiday World, SFGrAm, Legoland and Disneyland | Wooden Roller Coaster: Phoenix,Thunderhead- Dollywood, NM Rattler, Raven & Legend- HW, Viper- SFGrAm, Giant Dipper-SCBB | Steel Roller Coaster: X!!, Goliath, Talon, Millenium Force, Montu, Kumba, others

Cedar Point isnt getting a coaster next year..
    Go Vikings!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Legend | Steel Roller Coaster: 1)Kingda Ka 2)Nitro 3)Steel Venom

Is anyone ever happy with cedar point. A couple years ago ppl were complaining about the need of flats and now all you want is coasters. But what i dont get is why doesnt CP just build a new flat and a coaster?
    Why not make someone smile? One little nice thing you say to someone can change their life. All I can say is,"GOD IS GOOD!"
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium force

Been Here Since the Begining Sir Willow's Avatar
    Cost effectiveness, land, time to prepare for the additions, not really needing all that much at once, spending wisely when attendance has been dropping... any, all, or none of those may be why they're not adding both.

But you hit the nail on the head when you pointed out how many aren't happy with the additions. Sadly, a lot of us are very spoiled when it comes to parks and it's times like that, when we're complaining about additions when, quite honestly, the parks don't necessarily have to add anything that it really shows.
    Have you read my number 1 best seller? There will be a test! ~God
    Life with God is one thrill ride you'll never want to get off of.
    My park & coaster photos: Sir Willow's Smugmug pictures
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Silver Dollar City, Dollywood, Bonfante Gardens, Holiday World, SFGrAm, Legoland and Disneyland | Wooden Roller Coaster: Phoenix,Thunderhead- Dollywood, NM Rattler, Raven & Legend- HW, Viper- SFGrAm, Giant Dipper-SCBB | Steel Roller Coaster: X!!, Goliath, Talon, Millenium Force, Montu, Kumba, others

They don't need a coaster every year, yes they havent got one since 03', but theyre getting plenty of other Great rides. And we all know they are getting a record breaking rollercoaster for next Year. Maybe they are saving money till then.
    Go Vikings!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Legend | Steel Roller Coaster: 1)Kingda Ka 2)Nitro 3)Steel Venom

wait.. how were the rumors of it being replacement wood debunked?..

The title of this thread is "Small Woodie".

(Do I hear a double entendre? Or are we talking about an AMUSEMENT PARK ride?)

I've got a big pile of wood sitting in my back yard too, but I'm not building or repairing any coasters.

Geezee - relax!"

You know, it's funny. As soon as I saw a thread about a possible coaster in the rumors section, I knew it was about Cedar Point even though the title didn't even mention the park. Why is that?

It seems that everyone just always wants more and more at the park. I'm a huge CP fanboy but sometimes people almost dig too deep for their own good. It's just amusing to me. Isn't two years in a row of getting a major ride which will be likely followed by a big coaster in 2007 enough?
    YOUR HATRED AMUSES ME
    Favorites: Amusement Park: 1. Cedar Point 2. SFGAm 3. Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1. The Voyage 2. Viper 3. The Boss 4. Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: 1. Millennium Force 2. Top Thrill Dragster 3. Maverick 4. Raging Bull 5. Raptor