View Poll Results: which coaster will be the best?

Voters
48. You may not vote on this poll
  • EL TORO

18 37.50%
  • GOLIATH-SFOG

4 8.33%
  • GOLIATH-LA RONDE

5 10.42%
  • TATSU-SFMM

21 43.75%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: best SF coaster in 2006

best SF coaster in 2006

which of six flags 4 new coasters will be the best?

EL TORO-at SFGA that will hold the record for the steepst drop for a woody at 76 degrees.

GOLIATH-at SFOG it hits speeds of 70 mph and is so large it extends outside the park

GOLIATH-at la ronde its a mini hyper that reaches speeds of 68 mph.

TATSU-at SFMM this will be the tallest fastest flying coaster in the world.

James
    Ill get to ride Goliath LR and El Toro at SFGADV.... Of the 2 I get to ride I think ET looks best but of the 4 in all I think SFOGs will be the best.

I'm going to go crazy over the fan turns in the 2nd half of El Toro - for sure. The coaster that seems in the unknown for me, the X factor that would probably provide the most airtime and kick for me will be Goliath (Superman) La Ronde.
    ThrillNetwork Editor - Originally: CHILLERLC1
    2001 - 10 Years of ThrillNetwork - 2011
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

Wooden Poster
    I'm putting my money on El Toro it's an Intamin plug n play airtime speed turning monster what more could you ask for.

I think Tatsu will be the best SF coaster for 2006 look at the facts on that coaster world's tallest and fastest flying coaster this is going to be a great coaster.

Let gravity do the work.
    It's a tough one, this poll...

It's undeniable that all four will be big hits at their parks, respectively.

The two mini B&M hypers going into La Ronde and Over Georgia look like absolute airtime machines - and with their smaller stature in comparison to their predecessors, one can only be optimistic about the airtime that will soon be coming out the wazoo. With a lack of mid-course blocks, I doubt these babies will lose their pacing too. And all that talk about B&M hypers being forceless? I see a change in that way of thinking once these two compact Goliaths make their debut. P.S. Given Georgia's Goliath's impressive size and its location - it [i]will[/i] wreck havoc in traffic back-up and an increase in automobile collision. That thing is going to [i]turn heads[/i]. ;)

El Toro. What's left to be said about it? A perfect compliment to Great Adventure's already solid coaster lineup and mesmerizing skyline, and looks to be nothing short of spectacular. Three humongous drops, with the opening one being the steepest to its kind in the world - which I can only imagine the sensation that will produce when pulling over from the top...(think Perilous Plunge on an Everest scale). It's even got a *sweet* looking ground-hugging section that looks to mix things up in the ride experience. And can we mention, high speed dynamic wooden coaster thrills without the shuffling and bouncing that we're all so familiar with other woodies of such magnitude? I can't get over the ride's location too. Nestled between a creek and new themed area, and flanked on both sides by Rolling Thunder and Medusa, I'm sure guests pulling up to the parking lot will have their eyes occupied just looking at the sheer size of that towering wood. There's no doubt El Toro will shovel in the crowds next season.

Then we end at Tatsu. It takes the Flying coaster concept and all previously existing rides in that category, and bombardes them all into oblivion. Just think of it: a Flying coaster that will actually for once emphasize FLYING high above the treeline - on a heavily forested mountainside, featuring all the praised maneuvers of previous installations - [i]but[/i] with MORE. A 103' tall Flying [i]outside[/i] Corkscrew? A 96' tall [i]zero-gravity roll[/i] taken in the Flying position? [i]AND[/i] a gigantic 124' tall pretzel loop? And it's lift hill being 55-feet taller than the runner up in the Flyer height category? Who are you kidding? You know you want to [i]tap that[/i].

You see how hard it is to come up with a pick between these four? :) It's not easy. So...I didn't vote. :D
    Last edited by Chris L; 11-29-2005 at 02:08 AM.

^ your not making it easier for me to vote!

Since i haven't rode a hyper in my life the 2 goliaths are out!
    Since i haven't rode a woodie in my lyfe El Toro is out!
    Since i haven't rode a flying coaster in my life Tatsu is out!

It will be unfair for me to vote but i'll vote for Tatsu!
    I can only imagine flying over revolution, around the skytower, and an Outside CORKSCREW!! Its colors looks awesome and i love dragons!
    I'm going to try my best to try and light an old flame...

Yeah, shes awesome...JUST DEAL slipknot8527's Avatar
    It is my homepark, so I have to say Goliath. This has potential to be a top 5 ride for me, and it's only 20 minutes away. I couldn't have dreamed something this good!
    HANNAH MONTANA!!!!!!!!!
    TAKING THE WORLD BY STORM!!!!!
    "I'm living proof....THAT GIRLS CAN ROCK!!!!!!"
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Great American Scream Machine | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

Wooden Poster
    I'm putting my money on El Toro, Intamin plug n play airtime monster what more could you ask for.

Second running would be Goliath SFOG

The other two BLah j/k Goliath La Ronde looks cool on the repetitive side but still cool

Tatsu looks ok

Been Here Since the Begining Sir Willow's Avatar
    I'll wait til I actually get a chance to ride them before I decide. I've seen to many coasters that looked great turn out to be a wash out, and vice versa, to even attempt to guess ahead of time anymore.
    Have you read my number 1 best seller? There will be a test! ~God
    Life with God is one thrill ride you'll never want to get off of.
    My park & coaster photos: Sir Willow's Smugmug pictures
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Silver Dollar City, Dollywood, Bonfante Gardens, Holiday World, SFGrAm, Legoland and Disneyland | Wooden Roller Coaster: Phoenix,Thunderhead- Dollywood, NM Rattler, Raven & Legend- HW, Viper- SFGrAm, Giant Dipper-SCBB | Steel Roller Coaster: X!!, Goliath, Talon, Millenium Force, Montu, Kumba, others

Out of those it looks like I will only get to ride SFOG's Goliath and Tatsu. I voted for Tatsu simply because I love coasters that have inversions and offer the sense of flight. Although, I have a hunch that both will easily make it into my top ten, if not my top five.
    "Strange how laughter looks like crying without sound, and raindrops taste like tears, tears without the pain."
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Silver Dollar City, Branson MO | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghost Rider (Knotts) The Beast (PKI) | Steel Roller Coaster: Riddlers Revenge Or Viper, SFMM

Wooden Poster
    I love hypers and wooden coasters, I've never rode a flyier but I voted Tatsu just because it looks better than the other coasters.

Will he use it for good or.... Ta2KX's Avatar
    Goliath at La Ronde ought to bet the best since it will be the sole reason that park will see a greater percentage increase in gate attendance than the other 3 parks.

Other than that, the best one is whatever your damn preference is fool, we all have different tastes.

I think anyone whose moved past the realm of finger paint and happy meals ought to see that El Toro is the most significant addition of the four in question. The B&M hyper is just making its rounds again, I wouldn't expect anything out of the ordinary - and that's not a bad thing.

I'm assuming the lot of you have taken in a Superman: Ultimate Flight, I've booked all 3, and I wouldn't expect Tatsu to be so much more different than the trio, just a little bigger, little faster. It's kind of like B:TR vs. Raptor, the same progression.

But a gen. 2 Intamin wood is very much something to anticipate. Colossos and Balder have built a strong reputation for the pre-fab track Intamin woodies; what was Balder's rank in 2003?
    I forget. :confused: El Toro ought to complement the only other Intamin wood in U.S., the I-beam Eagle at SFGAM, quite well.
    Thank you for riding Reaper! Drop Ride to Doom, and remember to desecrate a sanctuary today.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum XL-200, employee mode

Intimidating Poster! Carowinds 73-03's Avatar
    I'll have to go with Tatsu. That ride is going to be awesome.

Jr. Poster
    Tatsu, but El Toro looks pretty cool too.

El Toro
    Tatsu
    Goliath G
    Goliath LR
    Go Vikings!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Legend | Steel Roller Coaster: 1)Kingda Ka 2)Nitro 3)Steel Venom

Tatsu will look great, but it is an oversized S:UF (which is my 2nd to least favorite B&M). But, since it will be so high up on the mountain and its location, it will provide a one of a kind thrill.

El Toro will be the best of the group. Ask anyone who has ridden Balder or Colossos, and they will tell you Toro will be something VERY special, as it is almost a mix of the 2 with great surroundings.

The 2 Goliath's look neat, but SFOG's will be the better of the 2. Looks to be AC and Nitro's offspring....which is a VERY good thing.

So all in all, it will look like this:

El Toro
    Goliath at SFOG
    Tatsu
    Goliath at La Ronde
    Top 5 coasters: El Toro, S:ROS at SFNE, The Voyage, Millennium Force, Cornball Express
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Boulderdash | Steel Roller Coaster: Superman: Ride of Steel

^yes, because SUF definitely has a corkscrew and that layout...

My vote goes to Tatsu, because the feeling of flying so high will be awesome, and it's 1 hr. away from me
    What is life but an escape from death?
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Disneyland | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: X

Since Burke and Co are officially voted out, I still have to give it to them. They gave us all this. They went out with a bang.

The Debt still sucks!
    ThrillNetwork Editor - Originally: CHILLERLC1
    2001 - 10 Years of ThrillNetwork - 2011
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

Datman, notice how he said [I]oversized[/I] SUF layout. Sure it SUF doesn't have a corkscrew, but it does have an inline twist and a pretzel loop. Other than that, Tatsu still looks great.

I voted for El Toro, because it is at my home park, and I think it will more unique than the two B&M Hypers.
    New York Yankees - 2009 WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: S:RoS

Let gravity do the work.
    /\ Yeah, and El Toro is just an oversized Shivering Timbers. :rolleyes:

Tatsu is a oversized S:UF, period. Similar drops, it has the inline twist, 2 of those turns, and a pretzel loop. Only differences are they come in bigger size and are higher above.

You can't say Toro is an oversized ST because they are made by totally different manufacturer's, and aside from the 2 camelback and its lienear based layout, they are totally different, especially the feel of them.
    Top 5 coasters: El Toro, S:ROS at SFNE, The Voyage, Millennium Force, Cornball Express
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Boulderdash | Steel Roller Coaster: Superman: Ride of Steel

James
    [QUOTE=Chris L]/\ Yeah, and El Toro is just an oversized Shivering Timbers. :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]
    But unlike timbers... ElToro could be good.

I'm saying Tatsu. I love flying coasters, though I've only ridden Vekoma ones and this will most likely be my first B&M one. Not only is it a flyer (which in itself is nearly enough to call it the best of these four), but it's the tallest and the fastest one out there, or at least it will be. Might even dethrone Goliath from the position of MM's #2 coaster in my book.
    Aaron Cedoras: Thrillnetwork Story Editor
    "Dead men tell no tales..."

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghostrider | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force and Steel Dragon 2000. I can't make up my mind between the two, so don't ask.

What?

[QUOTE=James]But unlike timbers... ElToro could be good.[/QUOTE]

Hey! Leave Timbers alone, it's a great ride. ;)

El Toro looks fantastic, it gets my vote for the "possible" best of the four coasters.

I do have to laugh at people calling Tatsu an oversized Superman. To me that's like calling Montu or Raptor oversized versions of Batman. Similar elements yes, but each ride has it's own forces and rates FAR differently. For this reason, I'll place Tatsu second, for now. The Goliath's look sweet and I love Nitro and Apollo, so those to will rate evenly for now.

Of course ALL of this could change once the rides open. Suppose El Toro disappoints in the airtime department? Then what? Suppose Tatsu is B&M at their most forceless?

There are far too many question marks until you actually ride them.

But in terms of instalations, all 4 are winners because the GP will LOVE them, and they all look like people eaters in terms of capacity, which is already a step ahead of X and Kinda Krap.
    Never let em see you drop!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Hershey Park | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Skyrush

Let gravity do the work.
    [QUOTE=Nitro1118]Tatsu is a oversized S:UF, period. Similar drops, it has the inline twist, 2 of those turns, and a pretzel loop. Only differences are they come in bigger size and are higher above.

You can't say Toro is an oversized ST because they are made by totally different manufacturer's, and aside from the 2 camelback and its lienear based layout, they are totally different, especially the feel of them.[/QUOTE]

You forgot to mention two more differences between Tatsu and Superman Ultimate Flight(s). Some very big ones that you so conveniently left out, which I'm sure shows to me you haven't completely reviewed it. A 103-foot tall Flying outside corkscrew, something Superman does not have. A 96-foot tall Flying outside zero-gravity roll, something else Superman does not have. I'm just saying, if you're going to make the effort to compare and contrast a ride to make it look bad, then please, be thorough and cover everything. I'm quite certain that if Great Adventure had built Tatsu instead of Superman Ultimate Flight, you'd be singing a different tune. ;) :)

And I only said El Toro is just an oversized Shivering Timbers as a sarcastic comment in spite of what you said about Tatsu. See? My point was that El Toro and Tatsu, respectively, are unique and not too similar to anything that preceeds them. I certainly do not think El Toro is just an oversized Shivering Timbers. I think El Toro is a unique, well executed ride design that promises to be deliver. Same said with Tatsu.

I think all four rides look great. The only thing I dislike about three out of four of them is that I won't be able to ride them in their debut season :(
    Last edited by Chris L; 11-30-2005 at 04:57 AM.

Wooden Poster
    So many coasters,so little time. At least La Ronde's coaster is not the same as SFOG's version,colorwise. Until next time. SES

Suspended Poster RllrCoasterFan's Avatar
    I have to give it to SFMM, Tatsu sounds awesome. I can't wait to see it up and running. They have won back my affection with this one. I wasn't sure if they were serious about this at first. I thought it was just a rumor and to have actually getting put in is a great sign. SFMM is turning around and I am proud of them for this one.

Tatsu wins my vote.
    SCREWED UP
    From T-TOWN 2 H-TOWN
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast, Mean Streak, and Wild Cat(Frontier City) | Steel Roller Coaster: TTD, Millennium Force, Titan, Raptor, Wildfire, and many others...

El Toro gets my vote, as it seems like it will be an excellent woodie. All 4 coasters look awesome, though.

[quote=Chris L]You forgot to mention two more differences between Tatsu and Superman Ultimate Flight(s). Some very big ones that you so conveniently left out, which I'm sure shows to me you haven't completely reviewed it. A 103-foot tall Flying outside corkscrew, something Superman does not have. A 96-foot tall Flying outside zero-gravity roll, something else Superman does not have. I'm just saying, if you're going to make the effort to compare and contrast a ride to make it look bad, then please, be thorough and cover everything. I'm quite certain that if Great Adventure had built Tatsu instead of Superman Ultimate Flight, you'd be singing a different tune. ;) :)

And I only said El Toro is just an oversized Shivering Timbers as a sarcastic comment in spite of what you said about Tatsu. See? My point was that El Toro and Tatsu, respectively, are unique and not too similar to anything that preceeds them. I certainly do not think El Toro is just an oversized Shivering Timbers. I think El Toro is a unique, well executed ride design that promises to be deliver. Same said with Tatsu.

I think all four rides look great. The only thing I dislike about three out of four of them is that I won't be able to ride them in their debut season :([/quote]

1) The corkscrew is the only new thing on Tatsu. Everything else, like I said before....is oversized!

2) As I said before, tatsu will be a great ride because of the terrain, and its a lot bigger than S:UF, so of course I'd want it over S:UF!

3) El Toro has Colossos' exact same first half, minus the drop and slightly more drawn out turnaround. That doesn't make it not the best, though, as Colossos has an amazing reputation. Same can't be said for S:UF (although I do feel Tatsu will be great).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast