Thread: Arrow Shoot the Chute Rides

Teh Band

Arrow Shoot the Chute Rides

What other parks have the Arrow shoot the chute rides besides Dorney and Cedar Point?

http://database.thrillnetwork.com/db...anding1879.htm

Knotts has something extremely similar. Dunno if its arrow.
    Asia: four little letters, four billion little people.

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghostrider | Steel Roller Coaster: Xcelerator

James
    KBFs splashboat is Intamin....

I think PC,PKI,(and PKDs old one) are all arrows. Along with the one inside Adventuredome

Let gravity do the work.
    /\ They're not called "splashboat" rides, it's funny - I always see plenty of instances where people take RollerCoaster Tycoon names and assign them to the real life rides.

They are called shoot-the-chute(s). And to answer the topic question, there are A LOT of Arrow Dynamics make shoot-the-chute flumes all over the world. It would be quite a task to list all of them, too bad we don't have a flume database.

James
    I call them splashboats because.. You sit in a boat.. and it makes a splash...
    And Intamin calls them Spillwaters and Mega-Splashs.....

The point is.. You know what I ment.
    Last edited by James; 12-09-2005 at 04:44 PM.

Let gravity do the work.
    So according to your logic, you can call it whatever you want. So I'll start referring to hypercoasters as S00PUR D00PUR TALLDROPS because they are super duper tall and have drops. And B&M called them Speedcoasters and Giovanola calls them Megacoasters.

Intamin calls their low-end shoot-the-chute ride Spillwater Flume because they sell more than two models and they have to differentiate their product line. Their high end shoot-the-chute ride, the River Plunge/Mega Splash (example: Perilous Plunge) is also a shoot-the-chute, but the Mega Splash and Spillwater can't be both called shoot-the-chute rides in their product line now can they? But both ride products are still both shoot-the-chute category flumes.

Same example with the Intamin Plug n' Play wood coasters. They are wooden coasters, but their Prefab and Plug n' Play moniker is just a product model name.
    Last edited by Chris L; 12-09-2005 at 04:49 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris L
    So according to your logic, you can call it whatever you want. So I'll start referring to hypercoasters as S00PUR D00PUR TALLDROPS because they are super duper tall and have drops.
    "S00PUR D00PUR TALLDROPS" could be anything tall that drops. Nobody refers to the ride that way either. I've heard other people call the Arrow shoot-the-chute ride "splashboats" before.

A S00PUR D00PUR TALLDROP could be any other ride thats over what people consider "tall".

A splashboat could be any ride that splashes and has a boat.

So according to his logic, you CAN'T name a ride anything, and you know what he meant, and I'm sure everybody else on these boards do, too.

Back on Topic, Carowinds' 'splashboat' is intamin, not arrow.
    Asia: four little letters, four billion little people.

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghostrider | Steel Roller Coaster: Xcelerator

THEY ARE CHUTE THE CHUTE RIDES!!!!!

Hell if you call it that again I will start calling them boat chutes! because the boat chutes at Lake Winnie was one of the first of these kinda rides!
    http://ultimateparkreview.blogspot.com/
    My park review blog.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage - Holiday world | Steel Roller Coaster: Top Gun Carowinds

Quote Originally Posted by Chris L
    /\ They're not called "splashboat" rides, it's funny - I always see plenty of instances where people take RollerCoaster Tycoon names and assign them to the real life rides.
    Lol- like from the first RCT, people call Top Spins "Gravitrons", yet a Gravitron is actually a completely different type of amusement ride.

Anyway, Shoot-the-Chute. That is the name Arrow and O.D. Hopkins called theirs anyway, and Intamin uses the term as well.

I think Hersheypark's is an Arrow...could just as well be Intamin though.

Teh Band
    Hershey's is hopkins.

Chris L, Hypers have a definite name while shoot the chute rides, splashdown rides, whatever do not have a definite name.