Thread: weird roller coaster

weird roller coaster

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="<A href="http://www.youtube.com/v/0cOcF1HHMA8"></param><embed">http://www.youtube.com/v/0cOcF1HHMA8"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/0cOcF1HHMA8" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

its a weird roller coaster i found on myTV does anyone know what kind of roller coaster it is?
    Everything you say can be erased.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: disney's California Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: roar! | Steel Roller Coaster: montazoomas revenge

Banned
    It's a Meisho shuttle loop. I have no idea where.
    Last edited by Matt M; 01-04-2006 at 06:20 PM.

Looks like a arrow looper/vekome shuttle thingie
    I'm going to try my best to try and light an old flame...

Banned
    That one seems to have a new paint job, as the other Meisho shuttle loops I know that are yellow have the single spine. There's a chance that it's the one at Ikoma, but I'm not sure.

Looks fun going backwards..

Zheng Kai
    Bajiao amusement park

I do believe it is a Meisho shuttle loop. You'd get some badass air going backwards, hitting that dip right after the station.
    '11 Area Supervisor, Merch & Games, Michigan's Adventure '10 Area Supervisor, Games, Michigan's Adventure
    '09 Area Supervisor, Merch, Michigan's Adventure '08 Area Supervisor, Merch, Six Flags Over Texas
    '07 Area Supervisor, Merch, Cedar Point '06 Ride Operator, Batman:TR, SFGAM
    '05 Front Desk, Disney's BoardWalk Inn & Villas, WDW '04 Sales Associate, Merchandise, CP
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Knoebels | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

TPR has a POV of a clone of that ride. It's quite amusing. You have to be a TPR Forum Member to view it, and Robb's commentary is amusing.

http://www.themeparkreview.com/forum...ic.php?t=21293

Their's is a POV the Atomic Coaster at Mitsui Greenland Park, Japan. It looks like the one in the YouTube Video cause well, obviously it's a clone. It looks like a fun ride. Probably very surprising...
    ThrillNetwork Editor (past tense: lectricShark)
    Never forget justice is what love looks like in public. -- OXFAM

And in the end we lie awake and we dream of making our escape.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags AstroWorld or Six Flags Over Texas. | Wooden Roller Coaster: Texas Cyclone (RIP). | Steel Roller Coaster: Titan.

Its just another version of a shuttle loop but it looks really fun.

That's Cool
    RIDE STOP IS NOT A TOY
    Favorites: Amusement Park: dolly wood | Wooden Roller Coaster: anterlop | Steel Roller Coaster: air

Minetrain Poster
    Here is the entire listing..funny I've never seen one of these before in the "Random Roller Coaster" link on this site:

http://www.rcdb.com/installationresu...&search=Search

That is similar to Expiditon Everest at Animal Kingdom (Disney if you didn't know).
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Great Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Kingda Ka

Meisho / Senyo have made several types of shuttle loop over the years

Type 1
    The big brothers of the type 2s. these ones feature a much steeper front spike (the trains are still backwards)

a nice little doodle to demonstrate

these are found at

Suntopia World
    Sendai highland
    Rusutsu Resort
    Tojoko Land
    Tedori Fish Land
    Kappapia

the tojoko land one which is now unfortunatly removed was actually biggger than the rest. At a height of 190ft and built in 1973 it held the world height record for a while.

Type 2
    The ones shown in the video on TPM and above.
    These feature 2 shallower drops and are no where near as high. but still pretty intense. Most of these are credited on the RCDB as senyo and not meisho.

these are found at

Japan Monkey Park
    Mitsui Greenland
    Sekitan No Rekishi Mura*
    Misaki Park*
    Mt. Ikoma Amusement Park*
    Odakyu Mukogaoka Yuen*
    Dreamland in Korea

* = (not listed on the RCDB link above)

On a side note the Chinese shuttle coaster noted in the RCDB link above was not a Meisho as far as i am aware and was made by a chinese company called sameco. (yes they all sound the same).

There is also a very simular ride at Siam Park City in Bangkok Thailand. I havent seen enough pictures of the ride to say if its the same
    http://community.webshots.com/photo/...5689QnyiEXHzWx
    Stupidly while i was in bangkok i got on the wrong bus and missed this park. Unfortunate as it was my last day in the country.

There was also of course the legendary moonsault scramble. the first coaster to reach 200ft. sort of :P

Also i believe the coaster in the video to be The Monkey Park version. The ride appears to be yellow and this only really fits with Monkey Park or Dreamland in Korea and im sure that one looks over a lake.
    Last edited by roomraider; 01-12-2006 at 08:36 PM.
    Sit Back... Its Fright Time.
    Dave