Thread: High School Seniors: College?

High School Seniors: College?

Hey all you high school seniors. It's the college thread. Where did you apply, where have you gotten in, and where do you want to go? Spill your beans here:

I applied to:
    University of Colorado, Boulder
    San Jose State University
    Sacramento State University
    Sonoma State University
    San Diego State University

Got into:
    San Jose State Unversity

Want to go to:
    San Jose State Unversity
    Thornton to Heatley all day, every day.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Mean Streak | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Banned
    Western Illinois kicks ass. I got in there lol, I don't think it's that hard to get into it honestly.

Its Been Awhile jimmycoasterman's Avatar
    Applied to:
    Boston College
    University of Georgia
    Notre Dame
    Elon

Accepted:
    Boston College
    UGA

Want to go to: Notre Dame

If I get in the honors college or get a scholarship at UGA though, I'd be really happy with that, especially for like 40,000 less a year than ND.
    Internet, internet how do you do, I want to sing and type with you
    J-I-M-M-Y...Its ALIVE
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Georgia Cyclone | Steel Roller Coaster: Kraken

Im a junior but I'll be appliing for sure to UW Madison, among others.
    It helps if the hitter thinks you're a little crazy.
    -Nolan Ryan
    CoasterNews.Net
    Favorites: Amusement Park: SFGAm | Wooden Roller Coaster: Hades | Steel Roller Coaster: Maverick

I've applied to:
    University of Georgia
    Georgia Tech
    Emory

Gotten into:
    University of Georgia
    Georgia Tech

Want to go to:
    Georgia Tech
    LINKIN PARK IS A ROLLER COASTER!!!!
    LINKIN PARK IS A ROOOOOOLER COASTER!!!!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Georgia Cyclone | Steel Roller Coaster: TTD and MF

Teh Band
    Quote Originally Posted by BimmerZ3
    Gotten into:
    University of Georgia
    Georgia Tech

Want to go to:
    Georgia Tech
    good choice.

Go Jackets!

I applied to:
    University of Central Florida
    Rollins College
    Ashland University

I got in to:
    Rollins College
    Ashland University

I'm going to:
    Ashland University

Yeah, shes awesome...JUST DEAL slipknot8527's Avatar
    Georgia Tech....good luck Bimmer. I had 3 friends go, and they all dropped out after 1 semester. Get ready to have no life accept for the work at hand.
    HANNAH MONTANA!!!!!!!!!
    TAKING THE WORLD BY STORM!!!!!
    "I'm living proof....THAT GIRLS CAN ROCK!!!!!!"
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Great American Scream Machine | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

Zoom zoom.....
    Quote Originally Posted by RidePhoto101
    I applied to:
    Rollins College
    Ashland University

I got in to:
    Rollins College
    Ashland University

I'm going to:
    Ashland University
    What made you apply to UCF and Rollins?

I go to UCF...

Strata Poster
    Wow, longtime no see coaster9freak. How are things going at UCF? I'm actually thinking that I'm going to Rosen when I graduate next year.

Favorites: Amusement Park: EPCOT Center | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Top Thrill Dragster

Banned
    Wow I feel kinda bad that everyone is going to such good schools compared to mine...

Zoom zoom.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil
    Wow, longtime no see coaster9freak. How are things going at UCF? I'm actually thinking that I'm going to Rosen when I graduate next year.
    Ooooh....Rosen...you're gay...kidding...That's not even near the main campus. Same distance from my house though. Seems to be in a very busy area being next to International Drive and Universal. Should be fun...

I am your substitute god willski2002's Avatar
    Eh......well as I'm a junior I'm not technically applying anywhere, but I was accepted into the Honors Program at UGA for joint enrollment (whee, multiple variable calculus!) next year.

When I do apply my list will probably be:

MIT
    CalTech
    Georgia Tech
    Stanford
    UGA (which I'll already be in, so that's my last resort/backup school)
    Quote Originally Posted by PCW Maniac
    What I'm posting is saying how brave I am and that I don't care about rules! If I lose my camera while making a POV, at least I'll lose it for something.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Raven/Legend | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

Strata Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by coaster9freak
    Ooooh....Rosen...you're gay...kidding...That's not even near the main campus. Same distance from my house though. Seems to be in a very busy area being next to International Drive and Universal. Should be fun...
    Yeah, I was pretty suprised when I saw it was 30 minutes from the actual main campus for UCF. Makes sense for it to be on near I-Drive though.

Favorites: Amusement Park: EPCOT Center | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Top Thrill Dragster

As a freshman in college I recommend visiting the schools that you apply to. Definitely tour the schools you get into before making the final decision. I narrowed down the schools I was going to apply to by touring the east coast, so I only had to apply to William & Mary and UW Madison. William & Mary is great, but real hard.
    The College of William and Mary Class of 2009
    Delta Chi - ΔΧ
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Disney World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Viper | Steel Roller Coaster: Raging Bull

Teh Band
    I'm in senior year and my plan is to go to community college for my first two years, then finish off my four years at a four year school for possibly business.

Zoom zoom.....
    It does make sense for Rosen to be there, especially since that's where the Rosen hotels are... Nice hotels. Had some dances and sports banquets there...

I didn't tour either of the colleges I applied/got accepted to. I just wanted to go to theose schools and just applied. Go me...

Toured UW-Eau Claire twice over the summer, loved it. Applied, got accepted, and turned in all housing forms, etc.

So yeah, about 10,000 people, pretty small city, but it's what I want.
    Bigger, Stronger, Fatter.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Hades | Steel Roller Coaster: X

Better Than Any Roller Coaster SFGadvKing's Avatar
    i applied to:
    Rutgers

i got into:
    Rutgers

im going to:
    Rutgers
    I was once TN's top poster!
    2007 Gadv Count: Kingda Ka-6, El Toro-6, Nitro-4, Medusa-2, S:UF-2, R:TC-1, B:TC-, GASM-0, Skull Mt-0, B:TR-0, RMT-0, RT-0
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Kingda Ka

I'd advise any of you that have already been accepted to take advantage of the school's early advisement and scheduling program, if one is there. I had my college ID, schedule and was able to tour the campus at my own pace. And best of all, I missed a day of highschool to do so.

Just the various schools my sister, brother and I applied to with the schools we attended in bold:

Myself: Kent State, Heidelberg, University of Toledo
    My sister: Ohio State, Art Institue of Pittsburgh
    My brother: Ohio State, University of Michigan, Penn State.

My brother did not receive an acceptance/rejection letter from Michigan, so that clearly shows they were not interested in him. He was accepted to Penn State's main campus, which I heard is rather hard...generally you would go to one of their regional campuses. But this is what I've heard.
    Ask me why I say Banshee is NOT the new Kings Island coaster.
    Be sure to check out Speedzone as I have made 11 additions.

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, circa 1989 | Wooden Roller Coaster: Blue Streak (CP) | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force (CP), never been on Drachen Fire

Well, I am a Junior but I've been looking into what colleges I plan on applying for next year.

Right now, the only thing I know for sure is that I'm going to stay local, definitely don't want to stay in a dorm so that limits my options a little but I have three possible schools I could go to:

1) University of Pittsburgh
    2) Penn State McKeesport
    3) Carnegie Mellon

I wanna go to either Pitt or Penn State, but if I could get a scholorship to CMU, I definitely wouldn't pass that up.

I applied to Penn State: University Park, University of Maryland, University of Delaware and Clemson.

Got accepted to Penn State University Park and I'm still waiting on all of the letters from the other schools but as of right now it looks like I'm definitely going to PSU. It was my first choice after all.

Alright I'm bumpin' this thread. We should all be done with High School, so list your final "stuff".

Applied to:
    Sonoma State University

Got Into:
    Sonoma State University

(Yes I got into all that I applied to. I'm special...in so many ways)

I am officially going to San Jose State University, and majoring in Computer Science. I don't think I am going to play a sport, but I may get into Roller Hockey. I plan on getting into Symphony music and having that be a big part of my college career. I am going to live in the new dorms, and since I'm in San Jose, I guarantee I will go to Sharks games. A Stanley Cup wouldn't be too shabby either.

So, spill your beans, what are you guys doing?
    Thornton to Heatley all day, every day.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Mean Streak | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Minetrain Poster
    I'm only a junior, but right now my number one school is Hofstra. I'm going to visit there over the summer, along with (#2) Syracuse and (#3) U. of Rochester.
    The member formerly known as CoasterKid23
    Syracuse University Class of 2011
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Mighty Canadian Minebuster | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

I could swear I answered this before, but I guess not. Anyway, I'm going to the University of Kansas. Actually, it's the only school I applied to. I plan to major in pharmacy.
    Rock, Chalk, Jayhawk, KU!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Silver Dollar City | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ozark Wildcat | Steel Roller Coaster: Incredible Hulk

Better Than Any Roller Coaster SFGadvKing's Avatar
    come september i will be going to israel until june. its what most of the jews do around here, take off the year before college to learn/tour in israel. after that i'll be going to rutgers.
    I was once TN's top poster!
    2007 Gadv Count: Kingda Ka-6, El Toro-6, Nitro-4, Medusa-2, S:UF-2, R:TC-1, B:TC-, GASM-0, Skull Mt-0, B:TR-0, RMT-0, RT-0
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Kingda Ka

I'm a junior too, but...

I'm planning on going to Kalamazoo Valley CC for 2 years, then transferring to either WMU or Cornerstone University. Or I'll just skip all that and go to MSU BABY!! Yeah!
    Oncoming riders, welcome to maXair, the world's tallest, fastest and most awesome Giant Frisbee.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: **ast | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force