Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 2006 Winter Olympic Games

I don't know which part of the opening ceremony I liked best: the dancing cow things, the ladies with big hair and swings in their... erm... private area, or the people-trees. Funniest opening ceremony I've ever witnessed.

Seriously though, my favorite part was either the dove, the women carrying in the Olympic flag, or (the probable winner) the human skiier (if you watched, you know what I mean.

Did enyone else notice that the Americans were the least well behaved team there? It's shameful, really.
    I want Canada to win all the golds. They have an awesome anthem.

^ Damn Right!!!!
    An eye for an eye, then before you know it, the whole world is blind -Ghandi
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Tampa | Wooden Roller Coaster: Gwazi | Steel Roller Coaster: Mindbender

Been Here Since the Begining Sir Willow's Avatar
    I dunno, the Italians also looked pretty rowdy, as were several others. Doesn't mean the Americans weren't mucking it up also though.

I enjoyed the opening ceremonies, and really liked how they lit the calderon. But the music they played during the parade of nations- ughh. I mean, c'mon Italy, how about using some ITALIAN music for it instead of American? And it generally wasn't even good American music.

But otherwise we really enjoyed the cermonies.
    Have you read my number 1 best seller? There will be a test! ~God
    Life with God is one thrill ride you'll never want to get off of.
    My park & coaster photos: Sir Willow's Smugmug pictures
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Silver Dollar City, Dollywood, Bonfante Gardens, Holiday World, SFGrAm, Legoland and Disneyland | Wooden Roller Coaster: Phoenix,Thunderhead- Dollywood, NM Rattler, Raven & Legend- HW, Viper- SFGrAm, Giant Dipper-SCBB | Steel Roller Coaster: X!!, Goliath, Talon, Millenium Force, Montu, Kumba, others

Quote Originally Posted by Sir Willow
    I enjoyed the opening ceremonies, and really liked how they lit the calderon. But the music they played during the parade of nations- ughh. I mean, c'mon Italy, how about using some ITALIAN music for it instead of American? And it generally wasn't even good American music.
    Yeah haha. I was cracking up when they started playing the YMCA. Still a good ceremony nonetheless.
    New York Yankees - 2009 WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: S:RoS

I was laughing and waiting for the athletes to start doing the YMCA dance.
    We are strong and brave and innocent and unafraid
    Through all this sadness, We are the Hokies
    We will prevail, We are Virginia Tech
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Grizzly | Steel Roller Coaster: Apollo's Chariot

I just saw the female moguls. Doing that looks killer; skiers resemble shock absorbers.
    ThrillNetwork Editor - Originally: CHILLERLC1
    2001 - 10 Years of ThrillNetwork - 2011
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

A good mogul field is the mark of a great ski area! It's a real challenge in the blue ice of the northeast. However, I don't do the ramps, lol.
    We are strong and brave and innocent and unafraid
    Through all this sadness, We are the Hokies
    We will prevail, We are Virginia Tech
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Grizzly | Steel Roller Coaster: Apollo's Chariot

I watched moguls too, some of the Nordic combined (I missed the ski jump part, but watched the beginning of cross country), 5000 meter speedskating w/Chad whatever from America, and pairs short program.
    I would have two broken legs in a second doing moguls. Amazing how Jennifer Heis (I think that's her name) of Canada won gold at the last second.
    Last edited by steel; 02-12-2006 at 09:39 AM.

The womens hockey is kinda weird cuz the no checking rule but yet its sort of entertaining yesterday Canada owned Italy 16-0 it was a very high scoring game so yeah kinda weird
    AFTERBANG!!! just remember to ride away like a G

Let it be known, Canada will kick everyones ass at hockey.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Tampa | Wooden Roller Coaster: Gwazi | Steel Roller Coaster: Mindbender

rawr!
    Don't jinx it.

Q
    Favorites: | Wooden Roller Coaster: I have yet to ride a decent woodie :( | Steel Roller Coaster: Dueling Dragons: Ice

We beat Russia 12-0 and beat Italy 16-0!!!!

oh yeah USA is beating Germany 2 nothing right now oh what are you gonna do now ahaha just kidding i dont know whos gonna win canada or america in the finals
    AFTERBANG!!! just remember to ride away like a G

USA might not make it to the finals, and as of now, Norway is leading with 5 gold medals!!!

I probably won't catch any of the olympics this year...but I like how sledding (like you did as a kid) is in the Olympics. Well, technically, its Luge and Skeleton. As far as the evnts, I really enjoy the skiing, namely slalom, moguls, downhill and the ski jumping. I'm not much into the snowboarding aspect of skiing nor any of the other events.
    Ask me why I say Banshee is NOT the new Kings Island coaster.
    Be sure to check out Speedzone as I have made 11 additions.

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, circa 1989 | Wooden Roller Coaster: Blue Streak (CP) | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force (CP), never been on Drachen Fire

Yay Norway! Everybody loves a good Norwegian!

I like the speed skating and all the Luge and Skeleton events.

BTW, Canada's Women's Hockey is pretty good. I hope they win it all.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

My only complaint so far is the stupid camera's on the Snowboard Halfpipe. They keep on messing up. The feed must be messed up.
    Last edited by sfft_2108; 02-12-2006 at 10:27 PM.

Yeah, shes awesome...JUST DEAL slipknot8527's Avatar
    Man, I can't believe Apollo fell. What a gip....everyone was expecting him to win the gold, then in on split second, "oh, he's out."
    HANNAH MONTANA!!!!!!!!!
    TAKING THE WORLD BY STORM!!!!!
    "I'm living proof....THAT GIRLS CAN ROCK!!!!!!"
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Great American Scream Machine | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

^ Yeah, I was pretty bummed about that too.

Yay for the Flying Tomato!!! That was awesome. He about didn't make it in to the finals, and then he gets gold!
    Intimidator Ride Count - 313

Proud Mem**r of the 200 Club! - Current Count - 203

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

Yah, then Apollo blames the other skater for running into him. WTF. Apollo's hand hit his skate. You can't run into any one if you are in front of him. Plus. Apollo didn't even need to pass him, he was in second. Oh well. Did anyone else see the picture mess up during the snowboarding?

Yah.....

The whole Apollo thing is just weird. Of course he blamed someone else....I mean, he was a SHOE IN to win the gold....he was supposed to win it....and he messed up....
    HANNAH MONTANA!!!!!!!!!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Great American Scream Machine | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

I haven't heard that yet. Seriously, you can look at the replay and see what happened. I don't see how in the world he could think it was someone else's fault.

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

Blue and White Ignite! VekomahangNbang's Avatar
    ^He wasn't a SHOE IN for the gold. It would have been a good final with those Korean skaters.

I'm really bummed now that Anne Abernathy, or "Grandma Luge" is out of the games with an injury. I was really loking foward to watching her. Here's the article below. Just make sure you don't click on anything else on that website unless you wan't spoilers!!

http://www.nbcolympics.com/luge/5103545/detail.html

So far, I have enjoyed the Olympics. The torch lighting at the ceremony was defiatley the coolest torch lighting I've ever seen. I also liked the Short Track, Snowboarding, and I have also enjoyed the Women's Hockey quite a bit. I look foward to the things to come.
    GO MAGIC
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Maverick

Did anyone watch womens luge today? This Austrian woman blew it on one of the turns, and slid down on her body for like 4 more turns, then somehow managed to get BACK on the sled and finish the race!
    HANNAH MONTANA!!!!!!!!!

Been Here Since the Begining Sir Willow's Avatar
    Lots of crashes in the women's luge today. I've heard that women's downhill practice had a bunch also, including a couple of really bad ones.
    Have you read my number 1 best seller? There will be a test! ~God
    Life with God is one thrill ride you'll never want to get off of.
    My park & coaster photos: Sir Willow's Smugmug pictures
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Silver Dollar City, Dollywood, Bonfante Gardens, Holiday World, SFGrAm, Legoland and Disneyland | Wooden Roller Coaster: Phoenix,Thunderhead- Dollywood, NM Rattler, Raven & Legend- HW, Viper- SFGrAm, Giant Dipper-SCBB | Steel Roller Coaster: X!!, Goliath, Talon, Millenium Force, Montu, Kumba, others

Hmmm... sounds to me like maybe there is a flaw in the Italian's design of their runs. Maybe not, but that's weird to have that many isn't it?

I admire that Australian woman. That takes a tough lady. I would have probably been laying on the ground crying for my mommy. lol

90mph-feet forward. No thank you.

So far there have been about 4 downhill skiing accidents, and 4 luge. Hahaha wierd, this is like Lost, 4 keeps coming up.

In figure skating, there was a Chinese woman who was tossed, caught, and/or didnt land properly and ended up braking/fracturing her knee, but she got up and completed the act!!!!! Girl is tough, she is.

Shaun White is way tight. that is all i have to say.
    I'm in love with 30 Rock, Outkast and Maverick.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands Of Adventure

The reason there was so many crashes in both luge and downhill was because apparently the snow was "perfect" and much faster than any of the practises. They were setting track records left and right on the luge run.....so, the women (and men) just weren't adjusted to the high speeds.
    HANNAH MONTANA!!!!!!!!!

I was watching the Luge, and they go FAST, one of the speed counters clocked them in going about 129 km/h!!!!!!

Superman: ROS at SFNE = 123.9 km/h

Son of Beast = 126.2 km/h

Silver Star = 127 km/h

Nitro = 128.7 km/h

Olympians = 130 km/h

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast