Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Knoebels to receive Flying Turns!!!!

Banned
    Those trains are horrible! I love the original trains that the original Flying Turns had. Yes I'm talking about the Rivewrview Flying Turns. The one that was originally built for The Century Of Progress. On the video "Riverview Gone But Not Forgotten" You get a P.O.V. on the Flying Turns in the original cars. I'd rather have the Art Deco look of those cars.

This isn't built after the Turns at Riverview. It's a recreation from Euclid.
    ~Website Admin and Staff Director~

Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Intimidator 305

Went to Knoebels in late August...it looks like they are close to running...the flood last year put a "damper" on the project. It looks pretty neat. A bit small..but fun. Hey, if anyone goes there...you gotta go on the flat that they have next to Flying Turns, The Looper.

^And the other ride next to Flying Turns, the Flyers!

A lift at the end back into the station? I was concerned about braking.
    ThrillNetwork Editor - Originally: CHILLERLC1
    2001 - 10 Years of ThrillNetwork - 2011
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

The brakes work fine when the train gets onto them. The latest report is that a 5-car train has been tested and they're going to need longer guides than they thought to get it to go smoothly from the trough to the straight track.

Sorry for the epic bump.

Someone posted a link to a POV on CoasterForce that they said they got from the EEC newsletter.

http://rollercoasterfreak.com/2008_ACE_Eve...sh/IMGP8637.MOV
    Airtime Awards 2007 - Vote Now!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Phantasialand | Wooden Roller Coaster: Grand National | Steel Roller Coaster: Ultimate, Black Mamba

That thing really gets to rocking side to side. It is short but the lift hills and beginning helix will make it seem a lot longer I'm sure.
    I like the Zingo a lot.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Magic Mountain | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum (with no trims), and Phantom's Revenge

Despite all the setbacks we cross our fingers this thing comes through soon.
    ThrillNetwork Editor - Originally: CHILLERLC1
    2001 - 10 Years of ThrillNetwork - 2011
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie View Post
    This isn't built after the Turns at Riverview. It's a recreation from Euclid.
    Are you sure? Cause Dick Knoebel told me it was based on the original prints from Century of Progress. I think you're wrong, sorry.

Just did my homework, Flying Turns and Euclids are based on the original Flying Turns at the Century of Progress. (Which was re-located to Riverview.) Infact Parts of the T-structure was salvaged from Riverview by Ralph Lopez and used as the basis of Knoebles Tubes.
    Last edited by Mohead; 03-07-2008 at 04:53 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jim S. View Post
    ^And the other ride next to Flying Turns, the Flyers!
    Check out www.flyeraddicts.com

This flying turns ride is very short. I was expecting more. And please tell me that there is some difference between this and Disaster Transport at Cedar Point - other than DT is enclosed and not made of wood.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345