Thread: "Dolly to open new Mine Ride in 2007"

Hybrid View

"Dolly to open new Mine Ride in 2007"

Wow.. this is very cool! The Mountain Press Newspaper confirmed plans for the new "Mystery Mine" at Dollywood in 2007! And, I'm excited about the Timber Tower opening in two more days! Dollywood is getting big!

PIGEON FORGE - The Pigeon Forge Planning Commission approved plans for a mysterious new ride at Dollywood on Tuesday.
    Commission members voted unanimously to approve the site plan for the Mystery Mine Ride, which architect Bruce Rutherford described as the largest expansion that Dollywood has undertaken.

The Mystery Mine features a track that climbs 121 feet and sends passengers plunging over a simulated broken trestle.

"It will be designed to make it look like you are going down into an old mine shaft," Rutherford said.

Ground will be broken for the new ride in a month. It will take a full year for the construction, Rutherford said.

Pete Owens, Dollywood spokesperson, would not reveal further details about the new ride.

"It is a site plan approval for a future expansion," said. "The planning commission has to approve any changes we make to the property. We're not going to make an announcement about our future expansions until July. It's a project for 2007."

They say everyone loves a parade. Apparently, so does the planning commissioners, who approved two of them for the upcoming year during the meeting.

Voting unanimously, the Planning Commission gave its approval for the 21st annual Dolly Parade, which will run on the Parkway from River Road to Wears Valley Road, on April 7 and for the Kerbela Shrine Center Parade, which will run on the Parkway from Methodist Street to Jake Thomas Road, May 13.

The Planning Commission also approved the March of Dimes Walk America event for April 2 in Patriot Park and the 16th annual Patriot Festival in Patriot Park on July 4.

Woa!
    Awsome!
    Woa!
    http://ultimateparkreview.blogspot.com/
    My park review blog.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage - Holiday world | Steel Roller Coaster: Top Gun Carowinds

This is gonna be great... I might make a trip down there just to check it out.

Finally some evidence on this new ride!! And at 121 foot tall, it's going to be a good drop! Can't wait...
    I just really hope that you think of me, because I'm tryna be unforgettable...
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point -- Islands Of Adventure -- Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum XL-200 & Phantom's Revenge

Good for Dollywood. They are starting to get a real good roller coaster collection. Now I am gonna have toplan a trip there.
    Top Gun:The Jet Coaster at Paramount's Carowinds is the best invert yet!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Ghost Town In The Sky | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunder Road | Steel Roller Coaster: Kumba

The original Maverick since 99 CP Maverick's Avatar
    Sounds kinda like they're getting their own 'expedition everest' type ride. I might have to take a trip down there again.
    Holy CoW! - another NoLimits project

RIP Geauga Lake 1888-2007
    F CF
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Beast (Kings Island) | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force (Cedar Point)

Blue and White Ignite! VekomahangNbang's Avatar
    This sounds good, but I can't wait until the rumored B&M further down the road.
    GO MAGIC
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Maverick

Sounds good, I'm going Thursday and Friday does anyone know if Timber Tower is going to be open? I'm really looking forward to riding a topple tower.
    Some of my most recent credits: Superman Krypton Coaster, Dueling Dragons and Hulk, Firehawk and Italian Job
    * Wii friend code: 0538 6357 5445 8967
    Favorites: Amusement Park: don't quite know | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunder Run | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

Banned
    Gerstlauer ride would be VERY cool, especially if it was one of their bobsled coasters or perhaps a Eurofighter.

on top of a mountain, four hours from any type of roller coaster
    ^ Im thinking Euro Fighter, a vertical or over vertical drop into a "mine" would be awsome.
    "If Seeing is Believing, then Believe that we have Lost our Eyes"

- Andy Hull, Manchester Orchestra
    Favorites: Amusement Park: fjfjfjf

If I am not mistaken, and maybe someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I think First Drop (ECC Mag) reported that a Eurofighter had been sold to Dollywood to open in 2007. Maybe someone that gets the mag can either confirm that.

Quote Originally Posted by coasterdave
    If I am not mistaken, and maybe someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I think First Drop (ECC Mag) reported that a Eurofighter had been sold to Dollywood to open in 2007. Maybe someone that gets the mag can either confirm that.
    I can confirm that it was in First Drop a few issues back...
    Sit down(or stand up), hands up, and enjoy your ride! :-D
    Favorites: Amusement Park: PortAventura | Wooden Roller Coaster: Balder at Liseberg | Steel Roller Coaster: Kanonen at Liseberg, Dragon Khan at PortAventura, and Vild-Svinet at BonBon-Land.

on top of a mountain, four hours from any type of roller coaster
    screamscape has reported that the official announcement will come in July, Guess we'll have to wait till then to figure out exactly what this thing is.
    http://www.screamscape.com/html/dollywood.htm
    "If Seeing is Believing, then Believe that we have Lost our Eyes"

- Andy Hull, Manchester Orchestra
    Favorites: Amusement Park: fjfjfjf

July was even mentioned in the Article that was posted at the start of this thread. So it is safe to say that is Lance got the info about the announcement of when it will be. To many people work for NASA these days.

Wow, sounds sweet. Dollywood is certainly becoming world class. (if it wasnt already)
    wonder what this means for SDC in 2007...