View Poll Results: Which country Do You Like Better?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • United States

39 66.10%
  • Canada

20 33.90%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Canada vs. U.S.

Blue and White Ignite! VekomahangNbang's Avatar

Canada vs. U.S.

Which country do you prefer?

I would definatley have to go with the U.S. Half of Canada is a huge icebox. Plus, the U.S. is more powerful and I'd take them over a war with the Canadians any day.

Don't forget to vote in the poll!
    GO MAGIC
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Maverick

Actually way back when around the time of the revolutionary war, colonists tried going in to defeat canada, and after a few times losing, realized, this country can hold their own, they know how to defend themselves. I'd still go with the U.S. though, I'm just too patriotic.
    Sesame Street characters at Busch Gardens Europe!?
    Take THAT Magic Kingdom!
    Verbolten: 43
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Europe | Wooden Roller Coaster: Gwazi (Lion) Busch Gardens Africa | Steel Roller Coaster: The Loch Ness Monster

I have never been to Canada. So. I gotta go with U.S.A.

Wow! great topic on a coaster site.This is pure genious.

Quote Originally Posted by VekomahangNbang
    Half of Canada is a huge icebox
    What the hell? Half of Canada? More like 7/8 of Canada. I vote U.S.A. because Americans can so easily make decisions by being closed minded.

Tie for me, I live in Canada, and I would rather live here, but the two countries are the exact same thing, with a few differences, so voting for one would be like voting in a one answer poll, both answers are the same.

Differences:

Canada has better beer
    America has better army
    Population Density
    Canada is colder
    Oranges dont grow in Canada
    Guaranteed white Christmas in Canada

Edit:

Canada is not a giant Ice Box, much less then 20 percent of it. The Yukon is cold, but its not all that icy, no more then Alberta. The only actually terrain that would be classified as ice would be anyting north of Iqaluit, which is mainly small islands that make up less then 20 percent of Canada.
    Last edited by JordanMullins; 04-01-2006 at 11:30 PM.
    An eye for an eye, then before you know it, the whole world is blind -Ghandi
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Tampa | Wooden Roller Coaster: Gwazi | Steel Roller Coaster: Mindbender

Quote Originally Posted by Jerry S
    What the hell? Half of Canada? More like 7/8 of Canada
    It doesn't matter. Half of Canada sounds better.
    GO MAGIC
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Maverick

Quote Originally Posted by fastercat
    Wow! great topic on a coaster site.This is pure genious.
    This is in general talk section. Any thing can be discussed here. The whole world doesn't revolve around roller coasters....

Jr. Poster
    Canada is a bit better. Canada has far less crime than USA. For example, Toronto (population of 2.6 million) has had I think 70 homicides last year. Whereas Detroit (population 0.95 million) had something like 350 murders. Of course, we're all gonna vote for the country we live in (just as me) so I have to go with Canada on this one

Ok than the us vs poland than.

I'm guessing the only person who voted for Canada is Jordan...who would have guessed? lol

I actually did not vote, I said it was a tie, there were other people that said they like Canada better.

EDIT:

Its sad to see the US has a 90 percent right now, shows how much people know about Canadaand the US, I guess most people just vote for there own country instantly.... You should look at all cons and pros of each country, then vote, or not vote, seeing how the cons and pros even out to a perfect tie.
    Last edited by JordanMullins; 04-01-2006 at 11:45 PM.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Tampa | Wooden Roller Coaster: Gwazi | Steel Roller Coaster: Mindbender

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Stoppable
    Canada is a bit better. Canada has far less crime than USA. For example, Toronto (population of 2.6 million) has had I think 70 homicides last year. Whereas Detroit (population 0.95 million) had something like 350 murders. Of course, we're all gonna vote for the country we live in (just as me) so I have to go with Canada on this one

Yeah that, But I'm a tropical person so I gotta go with US.

Couldn't you tell I so liked French Canada? Conan and Triumph the Insult Comic Dog wrapped up Quebec in the perfect sandwich of analysis.
    ThrillNetwork Editor - Originally: CHILLERLC1
    2001 - 10 Years of ThrillNetwork - 2011
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

^^^^^^ (Ron Stopable) Oh ya, compare Toronto to one of our worst cities, Detriot.
    Last edited by VekomahangNbang; 04-01-2006 at 11:58 PM.
    GO MAGIC

We are not comparing cities, we are comparing countries.

If you wanna get crime rates, here is a chart.

EDIT: Chart dosnt paste well, here is the link.

Chart is on the bottom

http://www.statcan.ca/Daily/English/011218/d011218b.htm
    Last edited by JordanMullins; 04-01-2006 at 11:59 PM.

The province man, the province.

I do like Molson. : ) I wish they never partnered up with Coors though.
    ThrillNetwork Editor - Originally: CHILLERLC1
    2001 - 10 Years of ThrillNetwork - 2011
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

According to the chart, Canada has a higher rate of Motor Vehicle Theft and Arson, but it still is lower (Keep in mind, the population of the US is 7 times that of Canada)

EDIT: Here is what the United Nations says are the top 10 or so countries, and the UN does not lie. They took into account every aspect of a good country. Good Job Norway!
    1. Norway
    2. Iceland
    3. Australia
    4. Luxembourg
    5. Canada
    6. Sweden
    7. Switzerland
    8. Ireland
    9. Belgium
    10. United States

Here is the link to the site if you want proof.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/UN_Human_Development_Index

Because of this, I will vote Canada, The UN is not dumb.
    Last edited by JordanMullins; 04-02-2006 at 12:14 AM.

hahaha, my sister lives in Luxembourg, tiny but very cool country.
    NO LIMITS RULES

But you already know that dont you

We need to show our American spirt like Dan and make our avatars the American flag!
    GO MAGIC

rawr!
    This is quite a dumb poll. Both places have their strengths and weaknesses and yet both countries are very similar in many areas.

I guess most people just vote for there own country
    Obviously....Americans are proud of where they live (most anyways), just like how a lot of Canadian are proud of their own country. Same with the British, Polish and just about every other country on this planet.

Canada has better beer
    I think this is a huge myth! A myth that even I used to believe in. However, after staying in the USA for a bit last year I have come to realise that America's independent brewers are far superior to Canada's!
    Last edited by pipesdrums; 04-02-2006 at 01:59 AM.

Q
    Favorites: | Wooden Roller Coaster: I have yet to ride a decent woodie :( | Steel Roller Coaster: Dueling Dragons: Ice

The few times I've been to Canada, people said "Eh!" alot, so Canada gets my vote. Pluss they have good fishing.

Wooden Poster
    ^^ We can't but say "eh" .
    Better beer....and I love living here. I voted for Canada.

Arrow

I vote for Canada because I am Canadian at heart!

But i moved to the U.S.A when i was little.

And later became an U.S citizen two years a go.

Jordan, you can't really say Canada has better beer when you are not even old enough to drink it.

It's 17-9 in the poll. Don't forget to vote if you already haven't!

EDIT: All the U.S people should change their avatars to U.S. flags and the Canadians should change theirs to Canadian flags.
    GO MAGIC

Why even vote if you've never been to one or the other?
    Canada has free health care....huge plue
    Canada has a better army, but every 1 Canadian soldier has the training of 4 American soldiers
    Canada doesn't have Dubya
    Canada produces hotter women
    Canadian beer isnt wattered down
    Canadian education is cheaper

This poll is really one sided and biased, of course the Americans (about 90% of this site) is going to vote America and of course Canadians are going to vote Canada.
    Naturally, I'm going to vote Canada. I visit America at least three times a year, but it never has the same feeling that I get when visiting different cities in Canada.

The 1 to 4 training is true, but they have a better army, we have better soldiers.

The women look better becuase the beer is stonger, I am only 15 so this is theory only.

I do not know much about the price of American education, but Canadian education aint cheap.

We do not have Dubya, but we do have Klein.

Overall the countries are the same thing, a few cultural differences here and there but it dosnt really matter, we are pretty much the same country.

Let gravity do the work.
    There is no reason anybody should like Canada. Freeloaders.

Quote Originally Posted by WildeFyre
    Canada produces hotter women
    Never been to Texas or California, have you?
    Rock, Chalk, Jayhawk, KU!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Silver Dollar City | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ozark Wildcat | Steel Roller Coaster: Incredible Hulk

Quote Originally Posted by JordanMullins
    I do not know much about the price of American education, but Canadian education aint cheap.
    From what I've read
    typical year at American university costs approx $15500 USD
    my first year at unviersity cost approx $6,842.42 USD

So, I'd say Canadian education is quite a fair bit cheaper

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast