View Poll Results: Which country Do You Like Better?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • United States

    39 66.10%
  • Canada

    20 33.90%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 60 of 131

Thread: Canada vs. U.S.

  1. #31
    Matress Tester JordanMullins's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Alberta
    Posts
    697
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris L
    There is no reason anybody should like Canada. Freeloaders.
    Got ourselves a Kanuk hater do we? Well to let you know, South Park and Family Guy's views on Canada are entirely wrong.
    An eye for an eye, then before you know it, the whole world is blind -Ghandi
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Tampa | Wooden Roller Coaster: Gwazi | Steel Roller Coaster: Mindbender

  2. #32
    The original Maverick since 99 CP Maverick's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    East of Cleveland, OH
    Posts
    1,255
    South Park... wrong? This can't be true... please say this isn't true...

    and yeah, Canadian "biere" [Molson, Labatt] is better than the mass produced US stuff like Budweiser and Coors. If you're talking independents things get a lot more tricky.
    Holy CoW! - another NoLimits project

    RIP Geauga Lake 1888-2007
    F CF
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Beast (Kings Island) | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force (Cedar Point)

  3. #33
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,345
    Canada does not have Hawaii and automatically loses.

  4. #34
    Blue and White Ignite! VekomahangNbang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    1,478
    ^Lol. Nice one Matt.
    GO MAGIC
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Maverick

  5. #35
    Suspended Poster coastercory06's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    KC
    Posts
    609
    That should end any debate right there.
    Rock, Chalk, Jayhawk, KU!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Silver Dollar City | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ozark Wildcat | Steel Roller Coaster: Incredible Hulk

  6. #36
    Big thrills. Small hills. 89magnumxl200's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    857
    I think canada is better. I'm not unpatriotic, but I like canada over the US in this arguement.

    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: Maverick

  7. #37
    Teh Band
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Carroll County GA
    Posts
    1,281
    Quote Originally Posted by JordanMullins
    and the UN does not lie.
    LOL

    I like how beer became a subject when half the members who posted here aren't of age - I am, however, at least of age in Canada (something I have taken advantage of half a dozen times since my 19th birthday) and I really dig Canadian beer, at least the mass-produced stuff.

    Quote Originally Posted by WildeFyre
    Canada has free health care....huge plue
    Canadian education is cheaper
    It's not as free/cheap as one may think.

    Canada has a better army, but every 1 Canadian soldier has the training of 4 American soldiers
    LOL - I think the Argentines may have given Canada a run for its money had they been the owners of the Falklands

    Canada produces hotter women
    yea sure... TONS of supermodels hail from Canada

    (funny enough, I'm pretty sure the most recent Miss Universe is Canadian.. but still )

  8. #38
    yes miss universe is canadian. Our army may be smaller but who was it that burned down the white house? We may pay higher taxes but if we do end up in the hospital we won't have to sell our house to pay for it and we won't be paying off student loans for the next 100 years.
    And the thing that seals the deal is that Jack Bauer aka Kiefer Sutherland is Canadian!

  9. #39
    Intimidating Poster! Carowinds 73-03's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Charlotte, North Carolina, United States
    Posts
    12,172
    I have to go with USA since i live here and only because i have never been to Canada otherwise i would have voted Canada cause our Government here sucks.

  10. #40
    Rapturian at Heart Ryan F's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    4,056
    Quote Originally Posted by BobFunland

    yea sure... TONS of supermodels hail from Canada

    (funny enough, I'm pretty sure the most recent Miss Universe is Canadian.. but still )
    Yes, she is Canadian.
    May not produce super models, but one of the stereotypes I always hear is that Canada has hot women.
    Here's a short list of some good looking ones...
    Elisha Cuthbert
    Rachel McAdams
    Pam Anderson
    Trish Stratus
    Neve Cambelle

  11. #41
    Blue and White Ignite! VekomahangNbang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    1,478
    America also has some good women I believe. I think they do have more hotter women than Canada does, but i do admit Canada is better on that overall because America has a ton of fat ladies.
    GO MAGIC
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Maverick

  12. #42
    ^haha
    i'm going with Canada. i've lived in the south U.S. my whole life and i am sick and tired of it. there's no "southern hospitality" anywhere except maybe really REALLY deep south towns like savannah. the government is slowly becoming like, communist. it's all conservative, right-winged haters, especially here, where it's all the redneck stereotypes. mind you i have a lot of self-proclaimed redneck friends and they are awesome. but the stereotype is awful. there is more crime here, and our army and government spend more time in other countries, trying to give help to people who don't want it, and screwing up other people's business. millions, billions of dollars go into that but less is spent on solving problems that exist back here at home. we wonder why so many other countries hate us. it's because we're too busy trying to gain power and look good by helping foreign countries against their will, which pisses them off. Canada is chill and cool with everyone.

    plus Canada has Degrassi so there.

  13. #43
    rawr!
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    1,380
    One plus about living in Canada is that there are no 'Bowserjoes' to deal with.


    Q
    Favorites: | Wooden Roller Coaster: I have yet to ride a decent woodie :( | Steel Roller Coaster: Dueling Dragons: Ice

  14. #44
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,345
    Quote Originally Posted by VekomahangNbang
    America also has some good women I believe. I think they do have more hotter women than Canada does, but i do admit Canada is better on that overall because America has a ton of fat ladies.
    America has hot as hell hula girls. America wins again.

  15. #45
    Feel the 'love coasterlove's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Niles (SUBURBIA), IL
    Posts
    7,021
    Canada wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for Canadians. Like Trey Parker and Matt Stone, I say "blame Canada".

    No Canadians were injured in making this post.

    I keed, I keed.
    YOUR HATRED AMUSES ME
    Favorites: Amusement Park: 1. Cedar Point 2. SFGAm 3. Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1. The Voyage 2. Viper 3. The Boss 4. Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: 1. Millennium Force 2. Top Thrill Dragster 3. Maverick 4. Raging Bull 5. Raptor

  16. #46
    Go Gamecocks siestakey's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Howell, NJ
    Posts
    1,674
    I was waiting for something liek this to come up since Jordan started the Canadian stuff. What, did you start it because now the mods won't close it? lol.
    Go America. (even though I don't like the government, just the so called democracy part)
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Great Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Kingda Ka

  17. #47
    The Electronics Guru
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Kentwood MI
    Posts
    2,710
    The United States is NOT a democracy!

  18. #48
    Giga Poster BGWfanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    on top of a mountain, four hours from any type of roller coaster
    Posts
    1,919
    ^ correct! It is not a true democracy,
    It is a Represenative Democracy.
    "If Seeing is Believing, then Believe that we have Lost our Eyes"

    - Andy Hull, Manchester Orchestra
    Favorites: Amusement Park: fjfjfjf

  19. #49
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,345
    With Hawaii and hot hula women.

  20. #50
    Corkscrew Poster Bratman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    495
    I could repeat all the reasons why Canada is better than the USA, but I won't. I will say that I do LOVE visiting the USA though....but Canada is my home.

    That said....take a look around the world. Look at how many countries/regions/groups hate the USA with a passion.

    Now...think for a moment....how often do you hear of a country/region/group proclaim "death to the Canadian Infidels!!"

    Probably never, right?

    Edge: The True North, Strong And Free
    cheers

    -p

    http://www.myspace.com/pschroeder
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

  21. #51
    Blue and White Ignite! VekomahangNbang's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Orlando
    Posts
    1,478
    Quote Originally Posted by siestakey
    I was waiting for something liek this to come up since Jordan started the Canadian stuff.
    That's the exact reason why I started this.

    The voting is a little closer than I thought it would be.
    GO MAGIC
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Maverick

  22. #52
    Giga Poster BGWfanatic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    on top of a mountain, four hours from any type of roller coaster
    Posts
    1,919
    ^ no offense, but thats probly because Canada doesnt have much power over the worlds affairs at all. lol . And when ever somebody has power, like the US, there will allways be people that hate them. Its just the way the world goes round.

    Im not saying or getting into the argument about whether or not the US is using some of there power properly, all im saying is when your a leader of anything, there will always be somebody that thinks you arent doing it right.
    "If Seeing is Believing, then Believe that we have Lost our Eyes"

    - Andy Hull, Manchester Orchestra
    Favorites: Amusement Park: fjfjfjf

  23. #53
    rawr!
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    1,380
    but thats probly because Canada doesnt have much power over the worlds affairs at all.
    I'm not saying Canada has more or anything, because I think both countries are fairly equal, but military power isn't the only kind of power.

    POUTINE POWER!


    Q
    Favorites: | Wooden Roller Coaster: I have yet to ride a decent woodie :( | Steel Roller Coaster: Dueling Dragons: Ice

  24. #54
    Feel the 'love coasterlove's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Niles (SUBURBIA), IL
    Posts
    7,021

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by Bratman
    That said....take a look around the world. Look at how many countries/regions/groups hate the USA with a passion.

    Now...think for a moment....how often do you hear of a country/region/group proclaim "death to the Canadian Infidels!!"

    Probably never, right?
    What's your point? Look at how many people say they hate the NY Yankees, Atlanta Braves, Chicago Sox/Cubs, not too often you hear someone say they hate the San Diego Padres.

    I hear a lot of people say they hate MicroSoft or Sony. I don't hear very often people saying they hate ColecoVision.

    A lot of people say they hate McDonalds or Burger and think their food sucks. I can't remember the last time someone said Bill's (local fast food restaurant) sucked.

    The point I'm making is that you can't compare something huge that everyone knows to something small and insignificant that many people don't know.

    No offense to the Padres, ColecoVision or Bill's (who has the best damn cheeseburgers), but much offense to Canada.
    YOUR HATRED AMUSES ME
    Favorites: Amusement Park: 1. Cedar Point 2. SFGAm 3. Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1. The Voyage 2. Viper 3. The Boss 4. Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: 1. Millennium Force 2. Top Thrill Dragster 3. Maverick 4. Raging Bull 5. Raptor

  25. #55
    Rapturian at Heart Ryan F's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    4,056
    Another reason why I love living in Canada...
    no taxes on prize winnings. I can win the lottery jackpot or a huge prize in a casino and not have to give any of it to the government. Same applies if I win in the states, I could win on a game show, or in a casino and get the tax money from the US back.

  26. #56
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,345
    Quote Originally Posted by Bratman
    Now...think for a moment....how often do you hear of a country/region/group proclaim "death to the Canadian Infidels!!"

    Probably never, right?
    That's probably because you guys sit back like wusses while we act like the police. The whole death to America thing comes from us helping Saddam way back when he was fighting with Iran. They feel we screwed them over. You haven't learned much aboot history have you? Before you just assume everyone hates America because they do, they researching exactly WHY that is and then look at what your country did to help the situation.

    Poland has done more than Canada in Iraq, and that's a pretty huge embarassement considered they got absolutely raped in WWII and then got screwed by the Russians.

  27. #57
    rawr!
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Denver
    Posts
    1,380
    Yup, we just sit back like wusses, even though Canada has participated in more UN missions than any other country and has contributed more troops to peacekeeping missions than all other countries combined. Canada is also an active force in Afghanistan.

    I also don't really understand your reasoning behind Canada not being a big participant in the Iraq situation. The last time I checked it was the USA's choice to goto war, not Canada's.


    Q
    Favorites: | Wooden Roller Coaster: I have yet to ride a decent woodie :( | Steel Roller Coaster: Dueling Dragons: Ice

  28. #58
    Banned
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,345
    Quote Originally Posted by pipesdrums
    Yup, we just sit back like wusses, even though Canada has participated in more UN missions than any other country and has contributed more troops to peacekeeping missions than all other countries combined.
    I'd really like a source on that one, I cannot possibly believe they have more peacekeeping missions.

  29. #59
    ^^
    "Canada has participated in more missions than any other country"
    Here's a link
    http://www.edu.pe.ca/montaguehigh/gr...g/missions.htm

  30. #60
    I'm the good looking one Brian F's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    A town called Big Nothing (Really Big Nothing)
    Posts
    3,790
    Interesting thread. I'm not going to vote, as I'd just vote homer and go with the US, since I'm American. Actually, I love both countries.

    Random comparisons:

    The two are pretty equal, actually. I like the Canadian people a lot. Canadian Government sucks, but so does ours. Ours just sucks a bit less.

    Did someone mention hot Canadian Women? I have two words- Shania Twain. Unfortunately, she does come with some awful baggage- her music. But then, Canada gave us Rush, so we gotta give them a pass on Shania.

    Canada's healthcare system is pretty questionable. If socialized medicine is so good, why do so many Canadians come to the United States to seek treatment?

    All in all, Canada is a beautiful country with great people. I don't blame Canadians for having pride in their country. Just the same, I'm happy with being American.
    ThrillNetwork Lead Moderator
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force or Magnum- tough call.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •