View Poll Results: Which country Do You Like Better?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • United States

39 66.10%
  • Canada

20 33.90%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Canada vs. U.S.

Quote Originally Posted by rlrcstrfreak
    ^ actually, I dont hate Canada or anything, but I think both the US and Canada need to get overthemselves
    Then why do you have "USA is better" in your sig?
    Intimidator Ride Count - 313

Proud Member of the 200 Club! - Current Count - 203

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

Quote Originally Posted by siestakey
    Another reason to back the U.S.:
    http://thrillnetwork.com/boards/show...d=1#post651045
    According to Jordan there are lots of pregnant teens.
    Yes, there are tons of pregnant teens in Canada. There are also tons of pregnant teens in the US, so I guess you should also back Canada. Oops, you contradicted yourself

You can't make a judgement on a whole country because some girls at a small town high school are pregant. Go to any high school in the world, and you'll be bound to find at least 1 girl pregnant at one time or antoher.

Blue and White Ignite! VekomahangNbang's Avatar
    It would be cool if all the Canada/U.S.A. comments from the K'Nex coaster thread were posted here instead of there. It would have made for an interesting disscusion.

Anyway, the vote is 32-16, a lot closer than I thought it would be. Let's see how many votes we can get in this poll.

You're a fine addition to the website *looking down*. I can't even read your username. And editors don't close threads, moderators do.
    Last edited by VekomahangNbang; 04-07-2006 at 11:20 PM.
    GO MAGIC
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Maverick

im not voting this is just too stupid nobodys better we are all equal so shut up and a editor should close this soon

^Its not up to the editors...more the moderators. Try simple grammar such as capital letters and punctuation.
    Ask me why I say Banshee is NOT the new Kings Island coaster.
    Be sure to check out Speedzone as I have made 11 additions.

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, circa 1989 | Wooden Roller Coaster: Blue Streak (CP) | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force (CP), never been on Drachen Fire

Ok, I am sorry. I am not quite used to using correct grammer on the computer, haha, but yeah.

The two countries are the same, all I know is, I am from Canada so I have the Canadian Flag as an avatar, and according to the UN, Canada is better (By 7 places, Personally I think thats a bit much, but hey, the UN is picky with info)

So, what the UN says, people follow, well, smart people anyway.
    An eye for an eye, then before you know it, the whole world is blind -Ghandi
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Tampa | Wooden Roller Coaster: Gwazi | Steel Roller Coaster: Mindbender

I always liked the Canadian Barenaked Ladies. : )
    ThrillNetwork Editor - Originally: CHILLERLC1
    2001 - 10 Years of ThrillNetwork - 2011
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

I voted Canada.

Both countries are good, however America more notably has a moronic president and a strongly disliked South & Mid-West. Canada has great individual aspects yet just doesn't have the power that the US has but its still good due to sexy ladies, ice hockey, me being born in toronto, Jim Carrey, Johnathon Power and many more. America has the theme parks, tv shows, music, Colorado Avalanche, big cities etc. America should get it but people outside North America like Canada a lot more.

Canada has music and TV shows, we also have big cities, not New York big, but pretty big. We have a few theme parks, not as many as the US, but we have the Mindbender, best Schwarzkopf ever, and beats most B&Ms and Intamins, not SROS at SFNE or Ex though.
    An eye for an eye, then before you know it, the whole world is blind -Ghandi
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Tampa | Wooden Roller Coaster: Gwazi | Steel Roller Coaster: Mindbender

Blue and White Ignite! VekomahangNbang's Avatar
    ^No, the best Schwarzkopt is definatley BMR-X (Bavarian Mountian Railroad)
    GO MAGIC
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Maverick

This is still going on? This would have to be the most biased, subjective poll ever........
    cheers

-p

http://www.myspace.com/pschroeder
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

If I really lived in Canada there would be no way for me to use the term "shore" like we do in Jersey.
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

I may like Canada now because of the cooler weather.

Although, I haven't been to Canada (The Closest So far is The US Side of Niagara Falls), I think Canada is better and here are a few reasons why:

- Most Celebrities Born there are nice
    - Uncensored TV
    - Nicer People
    - They Haven't been in a War for at least 20 Years
    - Smart President
    - There are alot of TV and DVD Programs in Canada that aren't in America

Dear God, not this thread again. Lets hope it doesn't turn into what it was before.

Anyway, here's some corrections on your post there
    - Most Celebrities Born there are nice
    - Uncensored TV It's not all uncensored.
    - Nicer People
    - They Haven't been in a War for at least 20 Years
    - Smart President We have a Prime Minister, not a President. Can't say whether he's smart or not because I don't follow politics enough
    - There are alot of TV and DVD Programs in Canada that aren't in America There are a lot of bands in America that I love that never get played here. Besides the only good Canadian TV show I like is Corner Gas, which gets played in America.

They have the better side of the falls, but gas is marginally more expensive per Litre than it needs to be. Plus they spell stuff awesomely.
    o hai. i herd u liek mudkipz?
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point

The US may be a bit watered down these days where it could be a more even match but I didn't enjoy feeling irked when I crossed the border into Quebec on the road to Montreal believing I was suddenly transported to France.

NATURE'S MOST POWERFUL STORM! Jimmy B's Avatar
    As I said earlier in another thread, I've got great appreciation for Canadians and their country, and I hope to visit there someday (but only during their short summer months, which is a very short window of opportunity a year). Really, only their extremely cold climate keeps me from desiring to live there and that's really it.

A couple of my dear buddies, one of whom was in my high school class and the other whom I went to college with, are both from the Ontario province of Canada.

Yes there are certainly some differences between Canada and the US, but there are a lot of similarities as well. One of them told me that he were to blindfold me and fly me north of the border and unblind me somewhere in Canada, that I can hardly notice the difference. That's how similar I believe the two countries are (culture wise and not necessarily geographic).

Speaking of Canadians, Nickelback is one of my favorite bands, and I also like the music from Avril Lavigne and Alanis Morissette as well.
    Last edited by Jimmy B; 10-19-2008 at 01:51 AM.
    (Originally known as Hurricane) -- and the newest iCarly fan.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six-Flags over Texas | Wooden Roller Coaster: Texas Giant | Steel Roller Coaster: Titan

^ i will take the cold winter months any day over the little wind problem you guys have every late summer/early fall......
    cheers

-p

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

Only visit was Niagara falls and I hated it, with that said I don't think all or even most canadians are like that. I would love to go somewhere that isn't a tourist trap to get a better opinion...
    Intimidator 305 the tallest, most hated coaster nobody has ridden...
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

IRON MAIDEN Poster SCIENCEWIZRD's Avatar
    Liberty, Missouri (5 min N of Worlds of Fun)
    I have to stick-up for my country, but I like Canada too!

One of my favorite things about my visit to Canada outside of going to Canada's Wonderland was that Taco Bell serves fries that are delicious especially if you pay the extra 99 cents for supreme!

In general just by going off of the five day trip I took to canada I prefer America but Canada is not a bad country and I think it is just what you get use to. I'm sure a citizen of Canada coming to America would prefer there country more too. I would like to go back some day, preferably the next time Canada's Wonderland adds a new coaster.
    Last edited by I love DW; 10-12-2008 at 10:56 PM.
    2010: Applause Award, 2 Golden Tickets, 4 Brass Rings
    Here is to an award winning 2011 season!

Favorites: Amusement Park: Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Mystery Mine

The Taco Bell thing was one of the things I found weird about going to America.
    One of the first times I went with my friend and went to Taco Bell I had to ask him where the fries were. He just looked at me like I was crazy and asked why Taco Bell would have fries.

Raser, why did you not like Niagara Falls? I always have a blast when I'm there, same goes for many people I know from other countries.

I love DW, any reason why you prefer America over Canada? Besides just the fact that you live there and are just used to it.

^I wish American Taco Bell's would adapt the fry thing. Speaking of different foods at major chains, McDonalds had muffins for breakfast which I thought was cool (did not try them though).

Quote Originally Posted by Ryan F View Post
    I love DW, any reason why you prefer America over Canada? Besides just the fact that you live there and are just used to it.
    I hope you do not take offense to my response and I hope you realize it does not reflect on you personally but a lot of people but not ALL were actually very rude to me and my family. Including when running into you not apologizing even after you did. People being rude to you, who were taking your money, even some workers at our hotel were not pleasent at all, etc. I also didn't enjoy how each place we went had a different exchange rate. At Canada's Wonderland the places took money as the same, Vaughen Mills mall (next door to the park) places said the exchange rate was 92 cents on our dollar (Taco Bell), 97 cents on our dollar (Sabaro's), 99 cents to our dollar (Tommy Hillfiger), then our hotel in Toronoto said 98 cents on our dollar. I know the exchange rate is different and I accept that but I don't accept the fact that each place can have a different rate in the same day.

*Edit: Again please do not take offense to my comments about people being rude.
    Last edited by I love DW; 10-13-2008 at 01:12 AM.

Favorites: Amusement Park: Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Mystery Mine

No worries, no offense taken. I just like to hear different reasons why someone may not like a certain place.

All the stuff you listed is stuff you can find in any country. I've had people run into me in many places here and America and then have them turn to yell at me, even though they were on the one on a cell phone not looking where they were going.

I've also seen the exchange rate thing in America as well, which, I agree, is a PITA. It's the reason why I always exchange my money before I cross the border now and take more than I need; or I'll use my credit card since the bank takes the exchange rate day by day (this can lead to some problems though). But I see what these places are doing as business thing and just another way for them to make a few extra cents.

^Very true every country has there idiots and rude people, no doubt about it! I have found them in America too.

keep in mind, that these stores do not have to offer exchange on US$$ at all. They do so as a convenience for their customers. The difference in rates reflects what each store decides what they want to charge to recoup the costs of preparing a separate cash deposit.

Turning that around, outside of direct border regions like Buffalo and Niagara Falls, you would be hard pressed to find a store in the USA that would take Canadian currency. So, be glad ours do ;-)

Best thing to do, literally, is buy your foreign currency before you go, or use your credit card......
    cheers

-p

^Funny you mention that because you wouldn't believe how many times I get Canadian currency as change here. Mainly, its just the pennies, but I do get a Canadian nickel, dime or quarter on occasion. Seems it's perfectly ok for them to give it to me as change, but god forbid if I try and re-spend it.

My lone experience of Canada was back in the 80s. 1987 I think. This was the reason for our trip: Agawa Canyon Tour Trains - Algoma Central Railway

It was a weird but also eye-opening experience to be in a "foreign" country at such a young age. Whenever I save up the money, I'll go back.
    Ask me why I say Banshee is NOT the new Kings Island coaster.
    Be sure to check out Speedzone as I have made 11 additions.

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, circa 1989 | Wooden Roller Coaster: Blue Streak (CP) | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force (CP), never been on Drachen Fire

NATURE'S MOST POWERFUL STORM! Jimmy B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan F
    Canada produces hotter women
    Come down here to Texas and see if you change your mind on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bratman
    i will take the cold winter months any day over the little wind problem you guys have every late summer/early fall.
    I have probably been through a greater number of tropical storms and hurricanes than I have experienced the number of days below freezing. I can hardly handle the brutal winters in north Texas, let alone anywhere in Canada. I still have never seen snow in my 29-year life, so you can imagine what Canadian climate would do to me. I'm fine with my 70-degree days in January/February.

Having said all that, Andrew, don't come up with any ideas to change that. lol
    Last edited by Jimmy B; 10-15-2008 at 03:59 AM.
    (Originally known as Hurricane) -- and the newest iCarly fan.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six-Flags over Texas | Wooden Roller Coaster: Texas Giant | Steel Roller Coaster: Titan

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast