Thread: Where are you going to college fall 07? and early app

tom destroyed blink poster dukeandPCfan's Avatar
    10.99 miles from Carowinds, 16.59 miles from the Panthers

Where are you going to college fall 07? and early app

i know that acceptance, would like to, etc, have been done before but after searching i found nothing like this

im interested to see where people have decided to attend college, now that the bulk of acceptance letters have been received and many contractual binding enrollments are due soon

also, since i still have a year and a half before this whole thing starts, i was wondering if you could give advice on the benefits of early application and when to take the big standardized tests.. thanks

congratulations to those who got into the schools they did/schools of their choice
    Stanley Cup. CHAMPS.. CAROLINA HURRICANES
    ========================================
    Montreal, New Jersey, Buffalo, and Edmonton went home EMPTY HANDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Favorites: Amusement Park: Either Knott's or Paramount Carowinds | Wooden Roller Coaster: Hurler | Steel Roller Coaster: Top Gun: The Jet Coaster

on top of a mountain, four hours from any type of roller coaster
    ^ I know Im only 16, and am not going to college anytime soon. But I can answer one of your Questions. Start taking the Standarized tests as soon as possible, You can retake them as many times you want And even if you do bad the first time around, improving your score looks great to colleges. And if you do take it multiple times it shows you really care and are dedicated (whether or not you really are ). Thats what ive always heard at least.
    "If Seeing is Believing, then Believe that we have Lost our Eyes"

- Andy Hull, Manchester Orchestra
    Favorites: Amusement Park: fjfjfjf

Take the standardized tests ASAP. You're "supposed" to take them second semester of your junior year, but I took them earlier. Apply for as many scholarships as you can, I only applied for a few and I was lucky to get as many as I did. Try to take some courses for college credit while still in high school, I'm going into the fall with a semester already done, which saves me an extra semester of books and tuition, and helps me get ahead.

And I've only had one choice, and I got into it, and that is the University of Kansas.
    Rock, Chalk, Jayhawk, KU!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Silver Dollar City | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ozark Wildcat | Steel Roller Coaster: Incredible Hulk

tom destroyed blink poster dukeandPCfan's Avatar
    10.99 miles from Carowinds, 16.59 miles from the Panthers
    ^i've heard different things

i've heard that its both good to take it multiple times, but at the same time, there are diminishing returns, as in it weighs less heavily if you've overtaken it....

i've taken it once, during this year (sophomore year) and will take it again this summer... i plan on taking it twice junior year, and possibly once senior year if i need it
    Stanley Cup. CHAMPS.. CAROLINA HURRICANES
    ========================================
    Montreal, New Jersey, Buffalo, and Edmonton went home EMPTY HANDED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Favorites: Amusement Park: Either Knott's or Paramount Carowinds | Wooden Roller Coaster: Hurler | Steel Roller Coaster: Top Gun: The Jet Coaster

Better Than Any Roller Coaster SFGadvKing's Avatar
    did you mean fall of '06? i doubt many people that are applying for fall of '07 have started applying, let alone hearing back.

as a senior, i should be going to college this comming fall but i will be going to israel for a year to study/party at a seminary in jerusalem. after that, im going to Rutgers which i have already gotten into.
    I was once TN's top poster!
    2007 Gadv Count: Kingda Ka-6, El Toro-6, Nitro-4, Medusa-2, S:UF-2, R:TC-1, B:TC-, GASM-0, Skull Mt-0, B:TR-0, RMT-0, RT-0
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Kingda Ka

Quote Originally Posted by dukeandPCfan
    ^i've heard different things

i've heard that its both good to take it multiple times, but at the same time, there are diminishing returns, as in it weighs less heavily if you've overtaken it....
    It's not true that it weighs less if you've taken it several times. You only send your best scores to the schools that you are applying to. It only helps to take it as many times as possible.
    Let's Go! HOKIES!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1.The Beast 2.Ghostrider 3.Phoenix 4.Lightning Racer | Steel Roller Coaster: 1.Millenium Force 2.Kraken 3.Alpengeist 4.Nitro

Well, I'm attending San Jose State University starting fall of 2006.
    www.sjsu.edu

My Intended Major is Computer Science
    Living on Campus

San Jose is about 1 1/2 hours from where I live, and is in the center of the Silicon Valley...also home to the San Jose Sharks! If anyone on the boards is going there (Doubt it) then drop me a PM. I'll be close to PGA if that means anything to anybody....

Oh, for college applications: DO THEM EARLY AND GET THEM DONE!

That means taking the SAT or ACT's early and find which test is right for you, get going on your essay soon, and apply once online applications open! You wouldn't believe how much easier your life is when you apply and get things done on time. It isn't easy, I had to scramble a bunch of stuff when I applied, but just GET THEM DONE! Ugh I can't stress it enough.

Theres time to get serious and time to slack off. When I say slack off I mean summer time. DON'T GET SENIORITIS, a few of my friends are lazy and getting crappy grades just for being lazy. I'm not saying to get a 4.0 GPA or anything, but just finish strong I guess.

So say it with me:
    Get things done early.
    Don't get lazy.

Apply early, and stay on top of things, and you should be okay!
    Thornton to Heatley all day, every day.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Mean Streak | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

i think college is overrated
    Kingda Ka eats all the KaKa in the world!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghostrider | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium force

It depends upon what you want to do with your life as some careers require it. If you're not sure what you want to do, college gives you a chance to take many different courses to see what really interests you. Also, college graduates on the average, over the course of their lifetime, usually make twice what high school graduates earn.
    We are strong and brave and innocent and unafraid
    Through all this sadness, We are the Hokies
    We will prevail, We are Virginia Tech
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Grizzly | Steel Roller Coaster: Apollo's Chariot

Don't take any standarized test more than 4 times. I took the SAT once, and the ACT once and did well enough that it was not necessary to retake. When you start taking tests 5, 6, 7 times, Universities look at you like you're crazy, and think that you should have been doing something better with your time and money. You don't need a 1600 or a 36 to go to a good school.

It really all depends on your grades, what you've done in HS, where you want to go, and what you want to be. I'd like to be a doctor, so I'm attending a school known for rigorous academics and a good reputation for competitive med. schools. My advice is to look at what a school offers, and whether or not it is right for you.
    The College of William and Mary Class of 2009
    Delta Chi - ΔΧ
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Disney World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Viper | Steel Roller Coaster: Raging Bull

Fisher of Couches LP_Reanimator's Avatar
    I'm already in College, but currently I am enrolled at Winthrop University, and plan to stay there for awhile.
    .sdrawkcab daer nac uoy, siht daer nac uoy fI
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Over Georgia | Wooden Roller Coaster: Swamp Fox at Family Kingdom in Myrtle Beach | Steel Roller Coaster: Top Gun: The Jet Coaster at PC