Thread: Database problem

Inverted Tophat Poster coasterdude28's Avatar

Database problem

I have recently come across a problem when trying to add coasters to my ride count. I go to the database page and click edit my count. I then hit the coasters tab. The page comes up but then my computer freezes. I do not have a problem with any other page on the site, only the coaster page in the database. I have a good internet connection and it rarely freezes up on me. Any help or suggestions? Thanks.
    Batman and Robin: The Chiller
    1997 - 2007
    Favorites: Amusement Park: safadsg

Try this. Go to a park whichever you are adding from, and then add the rides that way. It might be easier and not freeze up on you.
    ~Website Admin and Staff Director~

Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Intimidator 305

That is a good idea but I worded my problem wrong. I am trying to add to my count for a ride I already have on. I want to change how many times I went on the ride.
    1997 - 2007

I'm the good looking one Steven's Avatar
    What browser are you using (including version... that can be found in Help > About xxx). Also, are there any toolbars or unusual plugins that are active when viewing TN (or if you get popups for that matter, which shouldn't happen). We also need to know your OS (Windows XP, Mac OS 10.4, etc.).

Also, when was the last time you did a thorough spyware and virus scan?
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum

Also, because that page uses flash scripts for ride and park ratings, please make sure you have the most current version of the Macromedia Flash player installed.

You can download an update here...
    http://www.macromedia.com/shockwave/...ShockwaveFlash
    ThrillNetwork Tech Admin

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghost Rider | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

I am running on Windows XP professional. I have tried to do it in both AOL 9.0 and Internet Explorer. My computer runs spyware every few days. I believe I have the latest flash software. I will redownload it and see if it helps though. Thanks for the help.
    1997 - 2007

I'm the good looking one Steven's Avatar
    It may help to try Firefox, since that seems to have fewer problems on websites these days.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum

Thanks for the help. I tried it on a different computer and it worked. I'm not sure what the problem was. Thanks again for the help.
    1997 - 2007