Thread: Did you know?

Did you know?

Last year, the sling on the SlingShot at La Ronde broke. As a result the riders started turning around the support.

Discuss!

^Dude, you really like talking about destruction of coasters and accidents and all that, don't you? lol.
    Oncoming riders, welcome to maXair, the world's tallest, fastest and most awesome Giant Frisbee.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: **ast | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Let gravity do the work.
    Quote Originally Posted by vampiredabest
    Last year, the sling on the SlingShot at La Ronde broke. As a result the riders started turning around the support.
    That doesn't make any sense.

Discuss!
    Uh there's nothing to discuss. That was last year...and really, who cares?

No, I did not know...

Oh really? Funny how rideaccidents.com has no article about the incident, when they surely would. It's also funny how I Googled "La Ronde SlingShot Accident" and nothing came up.
    *sniffs around*
    I smell something unplesant...
    I've been real all my life, they confuse it with conceit
    Since I will not lose, they try to help him cheat
    But I will not lose, for even in defeat
    There's a valuable lesson learned, so it evens it up for me
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Universal Studios Hollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Nitro

James
    RideAccidents doesnt list EVERYTHING... There have been times I have seen things on Fox News they didnt show.

Sling Shot cable snaps happen a few times a year if you look around the internet for news storys. So I dont think its that big of a deal.. Unless it ends up killing someone.

If riders were on it spinning around the support, I'm sure there would be something about it SOMEWHERE on the internet. I'm 90% sure if the accident happened as he stated it that the site would have it, but I do realize that they do not cover every single incident there is. That's why I googled the ride to see if anything popped up. If there were no riders, then I can see nothing being around because ErUPtion at Great Adventure was testing, cable snaped, and the carriage hit the A suport tower, but nothing was said, and no one wo0uld probably know if an employee didn't say anything and it made it's way to a forum. Change that to the middle of the day with patrons on it, whole different story.
    I've been real all my life, they confuse it with conceit
    Since I will not lose, they try to help him cheat
    But I will not lose, for even in defeat
    There's a valuable lesson learned, so it evens it up for me
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Universal Studios Hollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Nitro

this topic serves no purpose and is going to turn into a flamewar. Maybe I would have respect if there was a link to back up vampire's story.

Agreed. Lets see some proof, otherwise I'm closing this useless discussion.

James
    Quote Originally Posted by Bowserjoe
    this topic serves no purpose and is going to turn into a flamewar. Maybe I would have respect if there was a link to back up vampire's story.
    That post didnt add to this topic in anyway. You just made it to up your post count.

Quote Originally Posted by James
    That post didnt add to this topic in anyway. You just made it to up your post count.
    Neither did your post, smart one! At least I was making a point, and someone actually agreed with me!

And no, I do not CARE about post count.

Fixing What You Broke Kyle Rehm's Avatar
    There is nothing to discuss here. Closing.
    Kyle Rehm
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Viper (SFGAm) | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force