Thread: Goodbye, ThrillNetwork! It's been fun!

Cool Goodbye, ThrillNetwork! It's been fun!

I joined this site on June 26, 2001. I hung out here and posted a lot until I was made a moderator on April 8, 2002. I helped moderate, especially late at night because a lot of our users were in bed when it was only 11 p.m. or midnight in Arizona.

After a while, Steven promoted me to administrator. I helped out where I could. Eventually we made the move to the redesigned site. I posted a lot of stories and got further into my journalism major. I was given the title I have now of lead story editor. I've had this title for a while now, and I think I've made my impact with the editorial staff and the news section of this site.

During my last semester in college, fall 2005, I applied for a prestigious copy-editing internship called the Dow Jones Newspaper Fund. The DJNF selected me as well as 98 other students out of about 800 applicants. Interns get placed at a newspaper and copy edit for 10 weeks over the summer. The newspaper I got placed at is The Denver Post in Denver, Colo. (obviously). It's a large newspaper with a circulation of more than 700,000 on Sundays.

Because I've got this internship and it could very well point me toward a great job, I have to end my time as lead editor here. For the past two months I'd been searching for someone to take my place. I am pleased to announce that a woman named Felecia will be my successor. She is well qualified for the position, and I'm sure she'll do great things with the news on this site.

So with that, I have to end my time here. I'll check in every so often. I may submit stories, trip reports, photos or whatever else I can do if I find time while in Denver. Look out for trip reports from Six Flags Elitch Gardens and Lakeside, the two parks in Denver.

Thanks for the memories, TN. It's been a great five years.
    ThrillNetwork editor emeritus - NSCIGC member
    Voyage is the best coaster
    Raptor ride count - 1,160.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Holiday World, Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Raptor

It was great to have you hear Chip, er Alex, er Haux. You've helped me out both as a member and as a staffer. Maybe one of these days, I'll post a story.

Good luck in your new venture in Denver, and remember, always accelerate in ICY conditions!!
    Ask me why I say Banshee is NOT the new Kings Island coaster.
    Be sure to check out Speedzone as I have made 11 additions.

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, circa 1989 | Wooden Roller Coaster: Blue Streak (CP) | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force (CP), never been on Drachen Fire

Felecia. w00t. We are getting another girl on staff. lol.

Thanks for the amusing threads and news stories. See you around. Also, kudos on the movie.

NATURE'S MOST POWERFUL STORM! Jimmy B's Avatar
    Alex (aka Chip), we all wish you all the best in the mile-high city. When you get the chance, post an update on here as to how you're doing.
    (Originally known as Hurricane) -- and the newest iCarly fan.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six-Flags over Texas | Wooden Roller Coaster: Texas Giant | Steel Roller Coaster: Titan

Chip you have been awesome. You will be fine in your upcoming journey. I know you can do it. Good luck and you know where to find us!
    ~Website Admin and Staff Director~

Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Intimidator 305

You have been wonderful, Chip. I wish you the best of luck. We're all rooting for you back here at TN.
    And we'll make sure Felicia feels welcome.

Intimidating Poster! Carowinds 73-03's Avatar
    Thanks for all your hard work Chip. You have been awesome and i hope everything works out for you in the future.

Good Luck!

Looping Poster
    I have really enjoyed and still follow all your CP stories . Congrats on the Denver Post internship.
    Please remain seated until the ride comes to a full and complete stop.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Rye Playland | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum XL

Been Here Since the Begining Sir Willow's Avatar
    ^ Don't worry, she's already had the initiation. :P

Chip, you're going to be missed. Don't be a stranger! I expect you to be pretty busy on the new job, but somewhere along the way you're going to have to visit Lakeside and Elitch Gardens and post up some reports.

I'm still waiting for you to plan that trip down to FL also. hehe
    Have you read my number 1 best seller? There will be a test! ~God
    Life with God is one thrill ride you'll never want to get off of.
    My park & coaster photos: Sir Willow's Smugmug pictures
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Silver Dollar City, Dollywood, Bonfante Gardens, Holiday World, SFGrAm, Legoland and Disneyland | Wooden Roller Coaster: Phoenix,Thunderhead- Dollywood, NM Rattler, Raven & Legend- HW, Viper- SFGrAm, Giant Dipper-SCBB | Steel Roller Coaster: X!!, Goliath, Talon, Millenium Force, Montu, Kumba, others

We'll miss you Chip, but at least you're not leaving for good.

Come back and check in whenever you have the time.

And good luck and best wishes on your new position. Hope you like cold weather!
    Intimidator Ride Count - 313

Proud Mem**r of the 200 Club! - Current Count - 203

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

Congratulations, and good luck.
    I've been real all my life, they confuse it with conceit
    Since I will not lose, they try to help him cheat
    But I will not lose, for even in defeat
    There's a valuable lesson learned, so it evens it up for me
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Universal Studios Hollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Nitro

Blue and White Ignite! VekomahangNbang's Avatar
    Good luck breathing!

Anyway, have fun at the Denver Post. Meet that guy from there that goes on the ESPN show Around the Horn (I think his name is Jim Armstrong)
    Last edited by VekomahangNbang; 05-10-2006 at 09:20 PM.
    GO MAGIC
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Maverick

Congratulations Chip, and good luck at the Denver Post! We shall miss you.
    New York Yankees - 2009 WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: S:RoS

Ain't followin' Whitey's rules Diesel's Avatar
    Good luck, Chip.

Next time be a man and ban yourself when you leave.
    "It's just gonna be goin' on...like Donkey Kong...144,000 strong."
    I still BRAKE for Kraken.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Magic Kingdom | Wooden Roller Coaster: Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

Chip I'm sure you will do a great job at the Denver Post, from the short time that I've known you I can honestly say they are extremely lucky to have you. As to your absence at ThrillNetwork, you are leaving the imprint of your large shoes. I hope with time, I can grow into them.

To those I haven't had the privilege of introducing myself to, hi my name is Felecia and I am addicted to roller coasters.... :-) ....but I would speculate that a lot of the individuals on this site feel the same way.

I am really excited about working with ThrillNetwork. As I continue to get acclimated, I will look to you for feedback....positive, negative, or indifferent. Therefore, please feel free to contact me at any time, and if I can be of assistance in any way, just let me know.
    Felecia - ThrillNetwork Editor
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Disney's Magic Kingdom | Wooden Roller Coaster: Roar | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Emeritus!!!

Chip, I have truly enjoyed my time working with you, and I hope that your internship is amazing! It will sure be strange not to see the word Chip everywhere... Haha, take care!

And when in Denver, drive carefully!
    ThrillNetwork Editor (past tense: lectricShark)
    Never forget justice is what love looks like in public. -- OXFAM

And in the end we lie awake and we dream of making our escape.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags AstroWorld or Six Flags Over Texas. | Wooden Roller Coaster: Texas Cyclone (RIP). | Steel Roller Coaster: Titan.

^^Great to meet you, Felecia.

Again, Chip, good luck.
    To quote a famous individual, "Good night, and good luck."

Intimidating Poster! Carowinds 73-03's Avatar
    Nice to meet you, Felecia. Welcome aboard.

Sad to see you leave, Chip. TN just won't be the same without you.

Welcome aboard though, Felecia!
    ~ RAPTOR
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast, Mean Streak, Viper, Thunderbolt | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum XL-200, Millennium Force, Maverick, Goliath (SFoG), Montu, Expedition Everest, Raptor

Welcome Felecia. Goodbye Chip...
    Chip, you'll never even come on once in a while to check things out?
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Great Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Kingda Ka

Blue and White Ignite! VekomahangNbang's Avatar
    He said he might drop in when he can.
    GO MAGIC
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Maverick

OH GOD CHIP IS LEAVING.

OF ALL THE PEOPLE IT COULD'VE BEEN IT HAD TO BE CHIP?!?!?

Seriously, damn. Well, good luck at the Denver Post.
    THIS ISN'T NORMAL. I'VE GOT TO GET OUT OF THIS HORRENDOUS PLACE.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Raging Wolf Bobs | Steel Roller Coaster: Raging Bull