Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: do people even care about self-presentation?

on Earth, but I'm moving when I finish College

Cool do people even care about self-presentation?

I went up to wal-mart and chile's yesterday for food and supplies. when I was at chile's, I saw a few things that I shouldn't have seen while eating. It looked almost as if people don't even care how they look. Being fat or poor has nothing to do with it. At least you could put on a clean shirt to go out to eat, right? There were numerous people with a just a tanktop and shorts so short, well, lets just say "tiny" is an understatement. now, I thought that they could at least put on a pair of jeans to go out to eat supper. whenever I went to wal-mart it was worse though. I don't feel like making you have to read it, so I won't type it.

Another thing that gets me is when young men(mostly teenagers) don't pull up their pants. Now I shouldn't be talking on account of my age, but at least I pull my pants up and have enough common sense to wear a belt of I need it. What's really bad is saw a couple employees dressed like that.
    What is your thought in this?
    Last edited by epijlh; 06-08-2006 at 03:40 PM.
    "So tell me, what IS plagiarism?"
    "uhhhh... Illegal?"
    Favorites: Amusement Park: BGE | Wooden Roller Coaster: Jackrabbit | Steel Roller Coaster: Maverick

You don't like chicks with short shorts? Please. I can understand about looking nice and all. Yes, wear a clean shirt or something, but shorts? That's not that big of a deal.

on top of a mountain, four hours from any type of roller coaster
    You don't like chicks with short shorts? Please. I can understand about looking nice and all. Yes, wear a clean shirt or something, but shorts? That's not that big of a deal.
    Personnally id rather not see some sluts butt sticking out of her shorts. Maybe thats just me though.
    "If Seeing is Believing, then Believe that we have Lost our Eyes"

- Andy Hull, Manchester Orchestra
    Favorites: Amusement Park: fjfjfjf

The short shorts are fine, until their ass sticks out yes.

they are fine, but I saw them on people at least twice my weight, and I weigh 165 lbs.
    "uhhhh... Illegal?"
    Favorites: Amusement Park: BGE | Wooden Roller Coaster: Jackrabbit | Steel Roller Coaster: Maverick

Personally, I like girl's asses sticking out of their shorts...but that's me. Problem is, he seemed to be talking about overly fat people wearing shorts that were far too short. The only fat I want to see at a restaurant is on my burger.

As for kids wearing their pants so their underwear shows as if they're in the ghetto, I've never been a fan of that it bugs me immensely. Unfortunately, you can't stop people from dressing how they want. Although I don't understand why a business such as Wal-Mart or anyone else would accept their employees dressing like that. I'd send my employee home for doing that.
    YOUR HATRED AMUSES ME
    Favorites: Amusement Park: 1. Cedar Point 2. SFGAm 3. Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1. The Voyage 2. Viper 3. The Boss 4. Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: 1. Millennium Force 2. Top Thrill Dragster 3. Maverick 4. Raging Bull 5. Raptor

I wonder how many of those "cool kids" wearing their pants halfway to their knees know where that originated and what it means? It actually started in prisons as a way for the inmates to signal that they were ready to get some, if you know what I mean. Sick, I know, but I wonder how many people really know that having your pants riding below your butt means that they're ready, from guys no less. Sorry, but you know, after I knew that, I started wearing a belt and making sure my jeans weren't more than an inch below my waist, unless my shorts were short enough that they didn't go over my knees.
    Point Xtreme: Your Xtreme Guide to America's Roller Coast!

8 bits and Goomba-stomping fun is all you need for a fun afternoon. Forget shooting and thousands of polygons, I want bits and funny sounds.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, America's Rockin' Roller Coast! | Wooden Roller Coaster: Blue Streak | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

I'm sure none of them even know that nor care. They will probably say something like "oh it makes us cool!"

I with epijlh whole-heartedly on this one. It's stupid. Dress appropriately. If you don't want to see mine, I don't want to see yours. It's that simple.

I'm another one of those "weird" teen guys who wears is shorts correctly.

Blue and White Ignite! VekomahangNbang's Avatar
    Hello, they're at Applebees, not Nordstroms.

Quote Originally Posted by sfft_2108
    The short shorts are fine, until their ass sticks out yes.
    I certinatley wouldn't mind if there ass sticked out
    Last edited by VekomahangNbang; 06-07-2006 at 07:10 PM.
    GO MAGIC
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Maverick

Yeah, shes awesome...JUST DEAL slipknot8527's Avatar
    Prediction:Epijlh is one of those kids of TV Evangelists who doesn't wear anything but pants and long flannel shirts, because showing skin is sinful.
    HANNAH MONTANA!!!!!!!!!
    TAKING THE WORLD BY STORM!!!!!
    "I'm living proof....THAT GIRLS CAN ROCK!!!!!!"
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Great American Scream Machine | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

^ Prediction: slipknot is actually Jerry Fallwell's love child.

Quote Originally Posted by sfft_2108
    I personally do not like girls to have on shorts so short that you can see their underewear. I'd rather have a girl that has some taste and respect in how she dresses.

You can dress sexy, just not like a slut.

This is something I see at amusement parks (especially in the South) all the time.

Girls that are 100lbs overweight and are wearing spandex or a two piece bathing suit! gross!

I'm overweight and I know it. I don't go around dressing like I've got a 32 inch waist.

People just don't have any common sense in how they dress anymore IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by coasterlove
    I'd send my employee home for doing that.
    Or make them buy a belt!
    Last edited by Wes; 06-08-2006 at 09:45 AM.
    Intimidator Ride Count - 313 ** Proud Member of the 200 Club! - Current Count - 203

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten

Vote For Royaland of NASCAR in the 2014 Coaster Draft!

Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

^ Totally agreed. I think one of my favorite pastimes at a park is to people-watch. It's just natural. And when you do that, you get some views that you NEVER want to see again and scar you for life. Same with at Meijer or Wal-Mart. It's disgusting. Now I'm not the kid of a televangelist, but I do know what's cool and what's not. Wearing shorts so your butt shows, really isn't cool.

I agree with Wes about the girls too. If you dress like a slut, you'll be looked at as a slut. If you dress for the occassion (sp?) and it's appropriate, then you get more respect. It's common sense, really.
    Oncoming riders, welcome to maXair, the world's tallest, fastest and most awesome Giant Frisbee.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: **ast | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

I have to disagree with you there Wes. I like how sluts dress. The less, the better, as long as they have nice goodies in their goodie bag.

Quote Originally Posted by VekomahangNbang
    Hello, they're at Applebees, not Nordstroms.
    Last I checked, Applebees was a public restaurant. So there's no reason people should have to look at some fat slob with stained clothing and just generally gross to look at. I should be able to eat at McDonalds if I want to...with a coupon no less and expect those around me to look, you know, decent.
    YOUR HATRED AMUSES ME
    Favorites: Amusement Park: 1. Cedar Point 2. SFGAm 3. Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1. The Voyage 2. Viper 3. The Boss 4. Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: 1. Millennium Force 2. Top Thrill Dragster 3. Maverick 4. Raging Bull 5. Raptor

Quote Originally Posted by BGWfanatic
    Personnally id rather not see some sluts butt sticking out of her shorts. Maybe thats just me though.
    That's definitely just you. Of course it depnds........on the person I suppose.

What grosses me out is when I see something like a big flappy stomch hanging out from under a shirt. Like the guy I saw up on the ladder in Taco Bell changing a light bulb. Ok, I'll leave the rest to your imagination.

Oh....you weren't liking the look of his chulupa or the gordita? Well, how about his double decker?
    YOUR HATRED AMUSES ME

Bad images!!! No!

I like to put it this way when it comes to how girls dress. If what your showing isn't on the marker, then don't show it. Girls always think guys are always looking at them and thinking about sex. Well, guys are visual, and if we see something that turns us on, what do you expect? That we'd run to confession? If you don't want the guys to look at you for sex, then quit dressing like you do.
    Point Xtreme: Your Xtreme Guide to America's Roller Coast!

8 bits and Goomba-stomping fun is all you need for a fun afternoon. Forget shooting and thousands of polygons, I want bits and funny sounds.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, America's Rockin' Roller Coast! | Wooden Roller Coaster: Blue Streak | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Quote Originally Posted by coasterlove
    I have to disagree with you there Wes. I like how sluts dress. The less, the better, as long as they have nice goodies in their goodie bag.
    But how many times do women that have the "goodies" as you say, actually dress that way (unless they're trying to make a buck on the street corner).

It's usually the women that don't have the body to wear those types of clothing that do it.

I guess I'm pretty conservative I know, but I find women more attractive when they cover up their bodies and leave a little mystery to it all.

To me when a woman flaunts everything she has, it's just a turnoff.

Some things should be reserved for the bedroom IMO.
    Last edited by Wes; 06-08-2006 at 11:46 AM.
    Intimidator Ride Count - 313 ** Proud Member of the 200 Club! - Current Count - 203

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten

Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

I absolutely can't believe I am reading some of this stuff! Some of you guys are coming across as self-righteous pigs!

I myself don't dress slut like. I dress for comfort. T-shirts, jeans and tennis shoes. When I do have the need to dress up, I dress appropriate for the occasion. I rarely ever wear skirts, dresses or shorts...its my preference, I am not comfortable in them. If I had a tan on my legs I might feel a bit different.

Some of the girls these days are absolutely disgusting in how they dress or present themselves. Short shorts and tube tops and high heeled sandals are not appropriate for some places. I see so many at theme parks and have actually asked a 15 year old if her mother let her out of the house that way! She gave me this look and walked away. This is why I am glad I don't have a daughter. People like that disgust me!

I am more conservative when it comes to dressing, showing a little skin here or there doesn't kill anyone. Self-confidence can be a good thing here guys. And for those of you that get disgusted, look the other way. And stop being such pigs! Seriously, this is ridiculous how some of you talk about women like they are little play things....UGHHHHHHH
    ~Website Admin and Staff Director~

Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Intimidator 305

Quote Originally Posted by Wes
    But how many times do women that have the "goodies" as you say, actually dress that way
    In Chicago, during the summer especially, quite often actually. I'm lookin' and I'm a likin'.

Keep in my post was meant to be more humorous. I don't mind women dressing like sluts usually depending on where it's at because those are the type of girls I usually wouldn't want to date anyway. So it's nice to be able to look and admire without having to deal with their high maintenance (that would put Top Thrill Dragster to shame) and their attitudes and they probably have more STD's than known to scientists.
    YOUR HATRED AMUSES ME

^ I guess this is another case where the internet doesn't translate sarcasm very well. lol

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Bowserjoe
    Like the guy I saw up on the ladder in Taco Bell changing a light bulb. Ok, I'll leave the rest to your imagination.
    Ewwww... bad Image... AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But there are times when short shorts are not right, like at a fancy resturant(chili's isn't fancy be my standards f.y.i.). short shortss are not sutiable for harrigan's or carbone's. On an extreme note... You wouldn't wear short shorts to a funeral or even weekly mass, would you?

[quote=+slipknot8527]Prediction:Epijlh is one of those kids of TV Evangelists who doesn't wear anything but pants and long flannel shirts, because showing skin is sinful.[/quote]No. Actually I hate long sleeve shirts. Showing skin is fine, but once again a fancy resturant is not a place to do it.

There is a right and a wrong place and time for everything, but most people don't realize that.
    Last edited by epijlh; 06-08-2006 at 03:39 PM.
    "uhhhh... Illegal?"

Quote Originally Posted by Wes
    But how many times do women that have the "goodies" as you say, actually dress that way
    A lot down here. Especially all the nice high school girls that come down on school trips. I like them.

Quote Originally Posted by epijlh
    Showing skin is fine, but once again a fancy resturant is not a place to do it.

I'll keep that in mind. Next time I go out to a fancy resturant like Applebees I'll be sure to wear a long sleeve shirt with a hoodie, sweatpants that are too bg on me, and tennis shoes.
    Last edited by VekomahangNbang; 06-08-2006 at 03:17 PM.
    GO MAGIC
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Maverick

Applebee's fancy? lmao.

Vekoma, can you read? If so, then what did I say in my last post in parentheses starting at the end of line three?
    "uhhhh... Illegal?"

It says Chilis, not Applebees. Read your own writing
    GO MAGIC

Random Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by BGWfanatic
    No it's not just you. I wouldn't want a girl's ass in my view if I was in a restaurant eating my supper. If I owned a restaurant, I would throw them out if that's what they were wearing,regardless if I would loose a bit of business. It comes down to respect and what's right, and going to a restaurant with your ass showing is neither of those.
    Last edited by coastrfreak2000; 06-08-2006 at 04:45 PM.

^^ O.O
    OMG!!!!!!!! I must've forgotten how different they are!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The menus are like totally different and the atmospheres don't even seem anything alike!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "uhhhh... Illegal?"

Quote Originally Posted by coastrfreak2000
    I wouldn't want a girl's ass in my view if I was in a restaurant eating my supper.
    ^ You most likely wouldn't see a girl's ass in your view when both of you are sitting down. Fool.

Katie, take a deep breath. It was only sarcasm.
    Last edited by Martin; 06-08-2006 at 04:41 PM.
    New York Yankees - 2009 WORLD SERIES CHAMPS!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: S:RoS

Random Poster
    Yes, if someone is sitting down I wouldn't see their ass but you know people have to walk when they enter and leave the place.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast