View Poll Results: Please read the first post an answer. Do you think my cat will see again?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

7 63.64%
  • No

4 36.36%

Thread: My Cat is Blind...

My Cat is Blind...

Yeah..my first cat, Jax, who's about 12 years old went blind 2 days ago. I took him to the vet, and he said it is caused by high blood pressure, or uveitis or something like that. He gave us medicine to give him three times a day (forever...) to have a chance of getting his sight back. See, his retnas detached from the rest of his eyes, but if they didn't completely detach, the medicine will help them reattach. What do you think the chances of him seeing again are?
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Great Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Kingda Ka

Random Poster
    How long have you had the cat?

Your cat might get better, but don't get too hopeful. Cat's eyes are very delicate and, well, they're REALLY delicate.

As an aside..

Perhaps you could get your cat a guide dog to help him around a bit?

Also, coastrfreak2000 - is your JUMP2 busted too?

I've had him for about 10 years, but he was not a kitten, and we are guessing he's around 12, but who knows. =The vet said he's a healthy cat.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Great Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Kingda Ka

Aww, I feel bad for the kitty. You've had him since you were four, it'd probably be hard for you to remeber a time without him. Well, he's still alive, and you can see him, and I'm sure he "knows" you. I'm hoping that he gets better.

I have two cats, but they are younger. Percy, my homeboy, is a little over 3 years old, and Sammy, the jiggly one, is a little over 1 years old. They're both great, and I'm sure you appreciate your cat the same way. I hope he gets better.

Random Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Hank

Also, coastrfreak2000 - is your JUMP2 busted too?
    Nope, it's doing just fine.

Liar......

Random Poster
    Well there was that one problem just the other day....

Yes, your cat probably will get his sight back. My cat had the same problem several years ago. Although we had to put him to sleep since then, he did get his sight back. And that was at 18, and he lived to 20.

^thanks. I hope he gets better. I think he got high blood pressure because he was the only cat in the house until last year, when I got Shadow he started changing. He would run from us al the time, and Shadow would always chase him around, and Jax would hiss and get pissed. So that may have something to do with it. Ever since he's been blind the other cat has left him alone, I think he can tell. But the blind cat has been throwing up a lot today and yesterday...I hope its just the medicine...
    What's a JUMP2?

Random Poster
    ^ A JUMP2 is the Huss Jump2. It's the ride in my avatar. Sorry about going off topic.

I guess your cat was the reason why you missed your pick in the Coaster Draft?

The second pic kind of shows how big his pupils are. They take up his entire eye.

Quote Originally Posted by Hank
    Perhaps you could get your cat a guide dog to help him around a bit?
    Cats hate dogs.

He saw me! My cat just saw me! He came down the stairs and his eyes were small, and he followed my hand in a circle! He can see me!

YAY! Go your cat.

Random Poster
    Wow, that was a pretty fast recovery.

This happens to people too actually. The go blind because of high blood pressure, and regain their vision partially a week later. Sometimes people lose their vision because of alcohol poisioning too. But I am glad your cat can see.

Yeah, me too. He can see on and off, and I don't think it is completely back yet, but he can see a little bit. =)