2 2.74%
  • Ninja @ SFOG

7 9.59%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst roller coaster

Random Poster

Worst roller coaster?

What is the worst rollercoaster you have ever ridden? It doesn't have to currently be in operation, it could be defunct.

As for me, I dont really have one, I havent ridden that many coasters yet.

EDIT: I have now added a poll with the coasters that appeared most in this thread. Please choose the WORST THREE COASTERS from the selection. The poll closes just over a month from now, so let the voting begin!
    Last edited by coastrfreak2000; 01-07-2007 at 09:00 PM.

Honestly, Mean Streak is 1st on my list.
    2nd would be Gwazi Lion side
    3rd would be Raging Wolf Bobs (Before it was retracked)
    ~Website Admin and Staff Director~

Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Intimidator 305

Random Poster
    Well I'll have to see for myself how bad Mean Streak is in a couple of weeks. It has so many mixed reviews.

The worst I've been on are Tomb Raider: The Ride (Zamperla Volare) Top Gun (Vekoma SLC)
    Last edited by Pcw; 01-20-2007 at 02:56 PM.

Corkscrew at Valleyfair...
    Go Vikings!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Legend | Steel Roller Coaster: 1)Kingda Ka 2)Nitro 3)Steel Venom

Random Poster
    After some thought, I think the worst coaster I've ever ridden is Top Gun at Canada's Wonderland. Last time I rode it I came off with numb ears (partly due to the freezing cold weather, but still ,it wasnt pleasant)

The second worst for me would be Python at BGA. That was a mighty waste of time and I thought it was rough on the ears and way too short.

Son of Beast. Nuff said.
    Some of my most recent credits: Superman Krypton Coaster, Dueling Dragons and Hulk, Firehawk and Italian Job
    * Wii friend code: 0538 6357 5445 8967
    Favorites: Amusement Park: don't quite know | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunder Run | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

Better Than Any Roller Coaster SFGadvKing's Avatar
    Viper at SFGadv
    Hurcules at Dorney Park

funny that they both dont exist anymore
    I was once TN's top poster!
    2007 Gadv Count: Kingda Ka-6, El Toro-6, Nitro-4, Medusa-2, S:UF-2, R:TC-1, B:TC-, GASM-0, Skull Mt-0, B:TR-0, RMT-0, RT-0
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Kingda Ka

On the hunt for 400 Thunderhawk's Avatar
    Hmmm....
    1) Son of Beast - it is the worst ride TECHNICALLY. I love it because it's so darn rough...
    2) Viper - whole lotta suck.
    3) Cyclone at Williams Grove Park. They should seriously rename this "death machine".
    My hardest earned credit is The Legend at Holiday World, first ridden 5.19.2012, exactly 1399 days after my first visit to Holiday World.
    Next up: Off season. Boo.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: SFGAdv/Cedar Point/SFMM | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Ravine Flyer II, Outlaw Run, Prowler | Steel Roller Coaster: Bizarro @ SFNE, New Texas Giant, Iron Rattler

Minetrain Poster
    Predator at SFDL. Not only is it not fun, it is painful beyond belief. At some points you really have trouble breathing because of the turbulence.
    The member formerly known as CoasterKid23
    Syracuse University Class of 2011
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Mighty Canadian Minebuster | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Defintely Hercules, my back hurt so bad afterwards I had to sit down for a bit. Hydra is such a better use of space.

Next would be GASM @ SFGADV. Its not so bad if you stick your head out through the OSTR to prevent your ears from getting banged up but its still real rough.

For me, the worst coaster that I have ever ridden was Python at BGA. Though it was very short, it was painful enough to still give me a headache after riding due to all the headbanging in the corksecrews. Plus the trains were so small, that anyone over 5 feet was guaranteed to be uncomfortable riding it. I know this is a classic Arrow looper, but I hope BGA decides to tear it down and put up something newer and better in its place (hopefully a few decent flat rides).
    My Nolimits roller coasters:
    Big Bad Wolf (2nd Place -August Contest 05)
    Favorites: Amusement Park: BGT | Steel Roller Coaster: Montu

Jr. Poster
    PCW...how can you honestly say Top Gun is one of the worst coasters you have ridden. Honestly come on its close to one of the best coasters I've ridden.

Worst would have to be either GASM (SFGav) or Hurler (PC)
    Ive grabbed the bull by the horns 4 times
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Carowinds | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Nitro

Random Poster
    ^He's talking about Top Gun at Canada's Wonderland, which is a Vekoma SLC.

EASILY...Raging Wolf Bobs at Geauga Lake. That thing needs to be torched worse than Mean Streak.
    Ask me why I say Banshee is NOT the new Kings Island coaster.
    Be sure to check out Speedzone as I have made 11 additions.

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, circa 1989 | Wooden Roller Coaster: Blue Streak (CP) | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force (CP), never been on Drachen Fire

Here Come the Irish! SheikraTTD's Avatar
    The worst coaster I have ever ridden is Corkscrew at Michigans Adventure or Iron Wolf at SFGAM.
    go rays.(69-57)
    GO IRISH! GO BULLS! GO COLTS! GO BUCS!

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Maverick

Let gravity do the work.
    Put in another vote for Geauga Lake's Raging Wolf Bobs. That thing shouldn't even be considered a roller coaster. The experience was nothing short of being similar to running along a wood-plank track and being stoned by an angry mob. That's how painful it is.

^When's the last time you rode it? Last time I rode it was 1993. I don't mind a minor headache (bottle of Ibuprofen) from Mean Streak...but when I need a bottle of Tylenol after RWB...then something has GOT to be done.
    Ask me why I say Banshee is NOT the new Kings Island coaster.
    Be sure to check out Speedzone as I have made 11 additions.

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, circa 1989 | Wooden Roller Coaster: Blue Streak (CP) | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force (CP), never been on Drachen Fire

I agree that the Arrow corkscrew coasters really suck. Canobie Corkscrew is so pointless, not to mention the headache I had afterwards! I'd much rather ride a boomerang or SLC anyday. For the most painful....definitely Mind Eraser at SFNE, but it's still mor fun than an Arrow corkscrew.

GASM is so underrated!

Viper at Six Flags Great Adventure. I think my jaw is still off center from those awful death trap restraints and the constant banging. Torture device.

Batman and Robin: The Chiller (Before the retro fit). They didn't let you wear earings that's how bad it was. They MADE you take the earings out.
    Track Record: 60
    (Intamin Magic, dominating my top 5)
    Top 5: El Toro, S:RoS (SFNE), Storm Runner, Nitro, Kingda Ka
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Tampa | Wooden Roller Coaster: Lightning Racer: Thunder | Steel Roller Coaster: Superman: Ride of Steel (SFNE)

Son of Beast, and I can't really think of anything that comes close. Boomerangs suck too.
    Rock, Chalk, Jayhawk, KU!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Silver Dollar City | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ozark Wildcat | Steel Roller Coaster: Incredible Hulk

Quote Originally Posted by Almost
    Viper at Six Flags Great Adventure. I think my jaw is still off center from those awful death trap restraints and the constant banging. Torture device.

Batman and Robin: The Chiller (Before the retro fit). They didn't let you wear earings that's how bad it was. They MADE you take the earings out.
    That's what they do for Canobie Corkscrew!

UEO Naval Academy April_fool_79's Avatar
    Traded the roar of coasters for the roar of STOCK CARS!!!
    Shockwave at King's Dominion. That has got to be the most painful ride, with the most uncomfortable restraints EVER. I won't even ride it anymore.

Hypersonic XLC was kinda a let-down. The first time I rode it, it was awesome. Now I won't ride it if it's got more than a 30 minute wait.
    ,.-~*`*~-.- April Fool -,.-~*`*~-.
    I've gone to find myself. If I get back before I return, please keep me here
    What can I say, I come from race cars and pop rocks
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Magic Mountain | Wooden Roller Coaster: Grizzly | Steel Roller Coaster: X

Ghostrider at KBF I bruised my knees riding this!
    Phsyclone at SFMM my back still hurts
    Revolution at SFMM I wanted it to be so good!
    Kong at SFMW my ears are red still
    Everything you say can be erased.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: disney's California Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: roar! | Steel Roller Coaster: montazoomas revenge

I had never really had an experience that was real bad until I hit Timberwolf at WOF, and this is coming from someone who rides Son of Beast a half dozen times per visit to PKI. My back still hurts off and on from wolf, and that was two weeks ago.

Let gravity do the work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Polcyn
    ^When's the last time you rode it? Last time I rode it was 1993. I don't mind a minor headache (bottle of Ibuprofen) from Mean Streak...but when I need a bottle of Tylenol after RWB...then something has GOT to be done.
    I last rode it (and WILL be the last, period) in summer of 2002. It was so bad, I remember begging God to stop it halfway through. No joke, by comparison, RWB makes Magic Mountain's Psyclone feel like a top 5 woodie.

From what I've ridden...

1. Son of Beast.. I say this is the worst because it is still fairly new, and the fact that it was a huge project with a ton of hype, and yet it failed miserably. Its sad when the part of your coaster that was supposed to be the scariest, in this case, the loop, is actually the sigh of relief from all the pain you are enduring the rest of the ride. I've never ridden anything that made me feel that beat up. Ride Mean Streak 10 times, combine all the bumps you get into one ride, and that still wouldn't even compare to how rough SOB was.

2. Raging Wolf Bobs was awful as well. When I got off, I didn't know how old it was, so I asked, and was shocked to hear that it was only 17 years old.

3. Any Vekoma SLC.

4. Flight of Fear, before the lap bars. With them, its a great ride.

5. Iron Wolf used to be OK, but now it is pretty awful.
    Last edited by Raptor; 06-29-2006 at 01:11 AM.
    ~ RAPTOR
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast, Mean Streak, Viper, Thunderbolt | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum XL-200, Millennium Force, Maverick, Goliath (SFoG), Montu, Expedition Everest, Raptor

I'm the good looking one Brian F's Avatar
    A town called Big Nothing (Really Big Nothing)
    ^ Raptor is dead on right about FoF. It was fun, but the headbanging was a bit much. PKI also made you remove earrings back when it first opened. Since they've gone to lap bars, I've heard nothing but good things, though i have yet to ride it that way.

Disaster Transport and Blazing Fury make my list. I'm not supposed to fall asleep on a coaster.

And yes, I'll pile on the Mean Streak bandwagon, too. I guess I was more disappointed than anything- it just looks so cool, and delivers (to me) so little.

I have yet to ride SOB. But as much bad as I've heard about it, when I get back to PKI (CFKI?) I'll probably go to it first. Just to see for myself.
    ThrillNetwork Lead Moderator
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force or Magnum- tough call.

Hercules @ Dorney Park after it got reprofiled. I never felt so insulted to have a trim on the first drop. Hercules was the only coaster I ever beat the side of the train like a jockey beating his race horse because the train slowed too much in a banked turn over the station. Thank goodness it's down and probably was recycled as hamster cage chip shavings.
    ThrillNetwork Editor - Originally: CHILLERLC1
    2001 - 10 Years of ThrillNetwork - 2011
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

I'm in love with Superman Canobie Coaster's Avatar
    For me my worst overall coaster is the Roller Soaker at Hersheypark. It has a low capacity, and a very slow moving line due to slow loading and unloading procedures. The ride was boring, I didn't get too wet, and the lift hill was faster than the rest of the ride. Also, another bad thing is that our restraints were stuck for 10 minutes in the station! Hersheypark has a waste of space. They should replace it.

Most Hated Kiddie Coaster: Orient Express at Palace Playland
    Most Hated Wooden Coaster: Wildcat at Lake Compounce
    28 parks
    21 wood coasters
    59 steel coasters
    80 total coasters
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags New England | Wooden Roller Coaster: Wildcat Hersheypark | Steel Roller Coaster: Superman: Ride of Steel SFNE

Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast