1 1.37%
  • Manhattan Express

2 2.74%
  • Ninja @ SFOG

7 9.59%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst roller coaster

Villian was a great woody it's first 2 years, are you sure you weren't referring to the Big Dipper as I found that alot more painfull. Anyway my worst coaster steele would be the deceased Shockwave from SFGAM. Woody would either be the aforementioned Big Dipper or that woody at WOF Timber Wolf...
    Intimidator 305 the tallest, most hated coaster nobody has ridden...
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

Ninja at SFOG is HORRIBLE! What a waste of space AND money! They could have an awesome coaster on the lake if it was gone! Oh, and GA Cyclone ROCKS!!!!!!!!
    GO TO DOLLYWOOD.RIDE MYSTERY MINE. #1s:
    Steel: Apollo's Chariot
    Wood:Thunderhead!!!!!!
    OVERALL COASTER: MYSTERY MINE
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead!! | Steel Roller Coaster: Apollo's Chariot

Ninja was a transplant to SFOG. It twas Kamikaze from Wildwood NJ. Since VIPER @ SFGADV is now gone the MindEraser of SFNE ranks as my worst coaster.
    ThrillNetwork Editor - Originally: CHILLERLC1
    2001 - 10 Years of ThrillNetwork - 2011
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

ManHattan Express in Vegas. The downright worst waste of space, money, time, and steel that could have been used to make some other hotel out there. I had an "ouch" day for the rest of the day, and one bad headache the next morning.
    Sesame Street characters at Busch Gardens Europe!?
    Take THAT Magic Kingdom!
    Verbolten: 43
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Europe | Wooden Roller Coaster: Gwazi (Lion) Busch Gardens Africa | Steel Roller Coaster: The Loch Ness Monster

^I totally agree. Manhattan Express is only cool in Project Gotham 3.
    Asia: four little letters, four billion little people.

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghostrider | Steel Roller Coaster: Xcelerator

I may have enjoyed the second half of Manhattan Express more than the first actually. The first drop is pathetic and the transitions I detest.
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

Quote Originally Posted by CHILLERLC1
    ....the MindEraser of SFNE ranks as my worst coaster.
    Well it's good I decided to skip it then.

I don't think the worst coaster has been built yet - but it will be coming soon! (quite possibly in 2007 at a theme park near you)

Quote Originally Posted by Kennywoodfanboy
    Mine is Villian at Geauga Lake! I was in so much pain on that ride. I probably will never ride again.
    Agreed, Villain has to be one of the most disappointing coasters ever. All from the same company that brought you GhostRider and Shivering Timbers. What happened?

NINJA at Six Flags Over Georgia! THAT RIDE SUCKS! It would be so much fun if it was smooth, but it is SO rough, my head was so sore and I had the biggest headace after ridding it! I have my theory. Many people scream on that ride, but I think it is screaming out of the MISERY OF PAIN! Does anyone like that ride! Yes, it would be fun if that d*** thing didn't pound your head so much!

My personal worst is a defunct coaster - King Cobra at Paramount's Kings Island. I only rode it once back in 2001, but it felt like somebody was beating me in the ribs with a baseball bat. I was glad when they announced that it would be torn down, because that Togo was nothing more than a torture device!

boohoo lets all complain about the roller coasters we hate.. because we are true coaster lovers...?
    it's simple
    Favorites: Amusement Park: "too many to mention" | Steel Roller Coaster: Big ones and classic ones

^Well you sure are fun!

The only thing bad about the togo standups are that god awful transition into the helix! My neck is still sore from just the one lap I took on Shockwave about 24 hours ago.

I'd have to say the Tennessee Tornado. Now I don't want this to start a raid like it did that last time i said that i really didn't like it.

I'm the good looking one Brian F's Avatar
    A town called Big Nothing (Really Big Nothing)
    ^ No flames, but why do you dislike it? I'm just curious.
    ThrillNetwork Lead Moderator
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force or Magnum- tough call.

Random Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by CoasterKid_2006
    I'd have to say the Tennessee Tornado. Now I don't want this to start a raid like it did that last time i said that i really didn't like it.

Tennessee Tornade is in your public profile as one of your favourite steel coasters.

Teh Band
    I finally rode Manhattan Express, and I see it gets a lot of votes here - well, I thought it was pretty rough and essentially a poor ride, but not the worst roller coaster I have been on. I'd easily take it over a toruture device such as a Zamperla flyer or Togo Standup..

I can't believe I have to say SFGADV's Rolling Thunder. This year El Toro's construction put it out of service for quite a while. I thought the ride was only good in the past when both sides raced. I was hoping El Toro and Rolling Thunder would compliment each other but when I rode it this year it was leagues behind. I had a fun time this year on Wild One, Roar @ SFA, and Thunderbolt @ SFNE. They seem to point that RT needs work. Riding Judge Roy Scream this year was the nail for RT.

Intimidating Poster! Carowinds 73-03's Avatar
    For me it would be a toss up between Son Of Beast & Shockwave & PKD.

The worst coaster i've been on i think is Mind Eraser but i still like it a lot. See i can live with a little head banging and a head ach after. And people come on now Manhatten Express is not bad at all. When i rode it it was my frist looping coaster and i loved it so much i went on it again. And i also remember reading that one person said Rolling Thunder at Six Flags Great Adventure had no air time............ Ok really guy that woodie has alot of air time u need to find out wait air time means bro. And people they Cyclone at Six Flags New England isn't bad at all. I love this coaster..... IMO it is the 2nd best coaster at SFNE behind Superman: Ride of Steel. Same with the rides at Magic Mountain i loved all that i went on. So people come on now stop hating on coaster when you say you love them because wat this thread is saying is that you hate coasters. Well now that you heard wat was going through my mind you may go on if you'd like. =]

i;ll have to say disaster transport. No explanation needed
    I'm going to try my best to try and light an old flame...

If I had to choose the poison between a ride on Mind Eraser and the Manhattan Express, I'd take the Manhattan Express.

I'm still laughing at the thought Rolling Thunder has airtime. It has slight amounts of it if any.

I'll agree with DT and SOB, but my vote goes to...Corkscrew at Cedar Point. Every time I ride, I end up getting a headache. And it stays for the rest of the day. It has that little airtime bump, that makes the first half interesting, but the corkscrews are terribly rough.
    Oncoming riders, welcome to maXair, the world's tallest, fastest and most awesome Giant Frisbee.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: **ast | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Random Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Worm
    i;ll have to say disaster transport. No explanation needed
    Worm, have you ever ridden Disaster Transport?

Probably the worst coaster I've ever ridden is the Grizzly at PKD. VERY rough ride! The last time I rode it back in 96 I swore I'd NEVER ride it agian, because I was hanging on for dear life! I just knew with all of the bumpiness and jerking around that I was going to go flying out of it before it was over with... and I've never been on it since!
    LADYM
    LadyM's Place
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens, Wlliamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Rebel Yell | Steel Roller Coaster: Apollo's Chariot

Flying Chicken Poster magnum_man1989's Avatar
    DT is just a LITTLE underated. I see alot of the families walk out of the ride with joy saying comments like "That was scary being in the dark!" or "OHH BACK IN LINE!" I'm not saying it's top notch coaster. Infact, I give it maybe a 5-6/10 It is rather short, and the queue is the opposite, but the ride experience overall is rather OK.

In my opinion CCMR is the worst ever. It's old,rickety and not thrilling at the least. Not to mention it has 2 faulty chainlifts that travel at a speed of an elderly tortoise...

Magnum XL- 200...1989-2007...18 years of toppin the list

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Blue Streak | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum XL- 200

^^ You need to go back on Grizzly. It's a great ride now.

Son of Beast nothing compares to how bad a ride this is.

Depending on the day and the operation, Ninja at SFOG can be a close 2nd. In the back sometimes its ok though.

I also seem to remember Z Force (flashback at SFMM) used to be pretty rough and overall a boring ride even in 1990.
    Last edited by Wes; 08-22-2006 at 03:12 PM.
    Intimidator Ride Count - 313

Proud Mem**r of the 200 Club! - Current Count - 203

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

^^ Maybe one day I will..if I ever get over to PKD again...most times now I go to BGE.
    LADYM
    LadyM's Place
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens, Wlliamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Rebel Yell | Steel Roller Coaster: Apollo's Chariot

Manhattan Express.

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast