1 1.37%
  • Manhattan Express

2 2.74%
  • Ninja @ SFOG

7 9.59%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst roller coaster

I still have to do the wooden side of PKD. It's sounds more encouraging nowadays. Also among my worst coasters are wild mouse coasters that can really slice the stomach with some of their sharp turns.
    ThrillNetwork Editor - Originally: CHILLERLC1
    2001 - 10 Years of ThrillNetwork - 2011
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

^ Yeah the one at SFKK is awful. It beat the crap out of me.

I don't know why Grizzly gets a bad wrap sometimes, doesn't bother me. Means there's less of a line!!!

The tunnel is just insane. That's when you are really grateful for upstops.
    Intimidator Ride Count - 313

Proud Mem**r of the 200 Club! - Current Count - 203

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

Why do you people hate Timber Wolf?
    It hasn't ever been rough in the first few rows (to my knowledge). yeah, it was really rough in the back a couple years ago, but it's completely managable back there now. Mean Streak is worse in the front row than Timber Wolf is in the back. And Wolf has some awesome airtime.
    Disaster Transport is the other surprise to me in this thread. I thought it was really obvious - if it's hot out, don't ride. Wait until 7:00 or 8:00 pm when it's cooler out. We got two walkons when we went in July, and it's actually a fun little coaster. The only problem is the theming.

Are the motorbike coaster restraints anything like DisKo restraints? Hopefully the answer is no, as I clearly remember worrying about my ribs at Mt. Olympus.

Random Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by steel
    Are the motorbike coaster restraints anything like DisKo restraints? Hopefully the answer is no, as I clearly remember worrying about my ribs at Mt. Olympus.
    From the pictures I have seen, they look sort of similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Wes
    ^ Yeah the one at SFKK is awful. It beat the crap out of me.
    Oh dear, I suppose this passage out of my 2003 trip report to SFKK can shead some more darkness on this terrible coaster.

"Road Runner Express looked interesting, and I always enjoy a good wild mouse. Now if only this coaster was a good wild mouse. So I get in the car and go up the lift hill and you look at the top and it looks as though the turns will be intense. But by intense, you don't expect your jaw to shift from side to side grinding your teeth, nor your legs to be jacked against the steel lapbar from the lateral forces, nor your neck to snap and crack, nor your nose to bleed, nor your faith in God be weakened, but the coaster does them all and then some. Even Mean Streak doesn't punish you this much. 1/10"

http://www.thrillnetwork.com/boards/...ad.php?t=24567

Never again...
    '11 Area Supervisor, Merch & Games, Michigan's Adventure '10 Area Supervisor, Games, Michigan's Adventure
    '09 Area Supervisor, Merch, Michigan's Adventure '08 Area Supervisor, Merch, Six Flags Over Texas
    '07 Area Supervisor, Merch, Cedar Point '06 Ride Operator, Batman:TR, SFGAM
    '05 Front Desk, Disney's BoardWalk Inn & Villas, WDW '04 Sales Associate, Merchandise, CP
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Knoebels | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

I used to always say Viper @ SFGADV, now that its closed I'll go with... Mind Eraser @ SFA for now.

I would have to say Psyclone at SFMM
    Then Grizzly at PGA
    Steel...Viper SFMM for sure.
    All hail Mr. Six! lol
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Magic Mountain | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghost Rider | Steel Roller Coaster: Medusa

Viper? at SFMM? Vipers not that bad. sure theres a bit head banging, but its nonetheless a fun ride. Psyclone, I can't complain about. It's not exactly the smoothest coaster.
    Vedran

Six Flags Magic Mountain
    Summer '08!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Magic Mountain | Wooden Roller Coaster: Colossus | Steel Roller Coaster: Xcelerator, Tatsu

Quote Originally Posted by PANTSFREE View Post
    I used to always say Viper @ SFGADV, now that its closed I'll go with... Mind Eraser @ SFA for now.
    Pretty much sums up my opinion. The yellow track paint doesn't hide its suckiness.
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

I remember how excited I was for my first Vekoma SLC, and when I came off, I was thinking, "Wow, that sucked." First coaster that made me think that, but unfortunately not the last. Since then, my two boomerangs and one other SLC made me think that too, but nothing more than Anaconda @ PKD. I like Arrows usually, but that second half is slow, boring, and painful, the worst combination. The first half is OK until the sidewinder element, and the ride just gets worse.
    "Hey Mark!"
    Favorites: Amusement Park: BGE | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Bizarro SFNE

Quote Originally Posted by vedved82491 View Post
    Viper? at SFMM? Vipers not that bad. sure theres a bit head banging, but its nonetheless a fun ride. Psyclone, I can't complain about. It's not exactly the smoothest coaster.
    Are you kidding dude?
    I have been in smoother car accidents.
    All hail Mr. Six! lol
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Magic Mountain | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghost Rider | Steel Roller Coaster: Medusa

James
    Zamp Volares....

Teh Band
    I would have to agree... about the only thing that comes close in terms of pain is the stupid Pinfari looper at Beech Bend.. man that thing sucks

The worst coaster hasn't been built yet!

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Zamp Volares....
    Among the worst I'd choose the ride the Volare over a SLC. The uncomfortable on the chest restraint would maybe make me rethink that.

Backyard Coaster Poster helix123's Avatar
    Psyclone at SFMM and Corkscrew at MA.
    Last edited by helix123; 10-15-2006 at 07:26 PM.
    Voyage+Full Train+No Trims+Backseat= OMFG! (and Pain)
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Kennywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Flight of Fear

Mind Eraser at SFNE only has moderate headbanging in my opinion, surprisingly, but what does hurt is the way your chest repeatedly rams into the OTSRs at many points in the ride, including the brakes. The brakes start with a gentle deceleration, so you think "oh, this isn't bad", and then BAM it feels like you ran into a wall.
    Off topic... Yay it's my birthday tommorrow.
    In our hearts, it will remain SROS forever.
    Favorites: | Wooden Roller Coaster: Tonnerre de Zeus | Steel Roller Coaster: SROS SFNE

After riding it in person and then being reminded of the ride on Youtube I think Grizzly @ PGA is one of the worst woodies I've ever been on. Slow and boring.

^ and painful dont forget that one
    All hail Mr. Six! lol

Yea the only real reason I dont ride slc's is the hard brake at the end. I always think O.S.T.R. is gona fail and I am gona slam into the seat in front of me! L.o.L.
    Last edited by helix123; 10-15-2006 at 07:26 PM.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Kennywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Flight of Fear

Edinburgh,Scotland(crummiest place on Earth) Lived in Chicago,IL
    No way, SLC's are nowhere near as bad as Pinfari's (well, atleast the ones I rode were quite smooth- Tizona, Terramitica and Kumali, Flamingoland) The worst has to be Tornado at M&D's Scotland. It's HORRIBLE. SO SO PAINFUL. The headbanging is terrible, and to make matters worse, the restraint crams your arms to the side so you can't move them and they go numb if you try to put your hands up. Overall, it's the worst ride I have EVER ridden.
    Lost Fanatic

Yeah, shes awesome...JUST DEAL slipknot8527's Avatar
    You know, I used to defend SLC's, because the one at Wild Adventures was smooth...but I rode T2 at SFKK, and it was the most horrible rough piece of crap I've ever had to ride.
    HANNAH MONTANA!!!!!!!!!
    TAKING THE WORLD BY STORM!!!!!
    "I'm living proof....THAT GIRLS CAN ROCK!!!!!!"
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Great American Scream Machine | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

For me it is the Legend at Holiday World it is not the worst coaster but it is my least favorite coaster I have ever rode.
    2010: Applause Award, 2 Golden Tickets, 4 Brass Rings
    Here is to an award winning 2011 season!

Favorites: Amusement Park: Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Mystery Mine

I personally love The Legend ! The first time i rode it it was raining and It ws so cool weaving in and out of Zoowambe.

You know, I rode the legend 1 time, and I didnt like it at all. We made the mistake riding the voyage first so I thought that was it, but I still thought the raven was fantastic, even though we rode it last. The voyage was slow, uneventful, rough.....it just dragged on and on.
    HANNAH MONTANA!!!!!!!!!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Great American Scream Machine | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

Quote Originally Posted by Fantom View Post
    I remember how excited I was for my first Vekoma SLC, and when I came off, I was thinking, "Wow, that sucked." First coaster that made me think that, but unfortunately not the last. Since then, my two boomerangs and one other SLC made me think that too, but nothing more than Anaconda @ PKD. I like Arrows usually, but that second half is slow, boring, and painful, the worst combination. The first half is OK until the sidewinder element, and the ride just gets worse.
    The ending has that one crappy transition in the middle of the pretzel turn that hurts like noones business. But the corkscrew ending is awesome, the hangtime is incredible.

For me it is Flash Back at SFMM, its the only coaster I will NEVER ride again! And runner up is Mean Streak at CP.

Can someone give me a ride review of FLashback? I've always been intrigued by what it's like, ever since it was Z-Force at SFOG.
    HANNAH MONTANA!!!!!!!!!

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by slipknot8527 View Post
    You know, I rode the legend 1 time, and I didnt like it at all. We made the mistake riding the voyage first so I thought that was it, but I still thought the raven was fantastic, even though we rode it last. The voyage was slow, uneventful, rough.....it just dragged on and on.

How can you say the Voyage is slow and uneventful it is nonstop action except the MCBR which was over quick. oh yea voyage is the smoothest wood coaster I have ever ridden I have no idea how you can say it rough with things like Thunder Run Out there. Ouch, man I had a bad head ache.
    Last edited by helix123; 10-16-2006 at 03:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by helix123 View Post
    oh yea voyage is the smoothest wood coaster I have ever ridden I have no idea how you can say it rough with things like Thunder Run Out there. Ouch, man I had a bad head ache.
    You have definetly not rode Thunderhead. The Voyage fells like you are going through a tornado compared to Thunderhead.

Voyage is the pretty rough though. Not as rough as the legend but the 2nd roughest coaster I have ever rode wood or steel.
    2010: Applause Award, 2 Golden Tickets, 4 Brass Rings
    Here is to an award winning 2011 season!

Favorites: Amusement Park: Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Mystery Mine

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast