Thread: restarting a thread

restarting a thread

why do so many posters get mad when you restart a thread

They get mad because they're pointless. Why not just continue the thread? It's like saying 'If you want to reply to a thread, create a new one'.

Use the search button. It will help a lot. We don't want this message board to get out of hand like a lot of other sites. Not just theme parks but in general.

I'm the good looking one Steven's Avatar
    The rule of thumb is to think before restarting a thread. A dead thread usually means all has been discussed (or is sensitive to that moment of time like a current event, and the subject itself died), and to resurrect it is just idiotic.

On the other hand, it's acceptable to restart a thread that was more of an ongoing discussion that isn't time sensitive (http://www.thrillnetwork.com/boards/showthread.php?t=30478), or if it is appropriate to follow up (http://www.thrillnetwork.com/boards/...ad.php?t=35947).

If you're not sure, ask a moderator.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum

I know does not have to do with restarting a thread but, I think the threads that have been closed just need to be deleted. That way the topics don't get a bunch of closed threads eventually.
    2010: Applause Award, 2 Golden Tickets, 4 Brass Rings
    Here is to an award winning 2011 season!

Favorites: Amusement Park: Dollywood | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunderhead | Steel Roller Coaster: Mystery Mine

Its not a million threads show up for one topic. It just so happens that a few pop up here and there.

NATURE'S MOST POWERFUL STORM! Jimmy B's Avatar
    Moved this topic to Questions/Suggestions/Feedback, where it is better suited.

Closed threads for the most part are retained in view of everyone for a good reason -- it serves as a notice to the members before anyone else starts a similar topic to the closed one, and this is another instance where the search tool comes in handy.

As far as the original question is concerned, restart in the sense of starting a brand new thread, on a similar (if not the same) topic to that of another thread already in active progress or still open for discussion, is generally unnecessary (with a few minor exceptions).

As for resurrecting an old topic, that can depend on the situation, but as long as it is an age-old topic that doesn't wear out over time, then it is fair game. This is so the newer members can also have a chance answer the same question.

It is also fair game to start a same topic to that of another that is locked in the archives and cannot be resurrected.
    (Originally known as Hurricane) -- and the newest iCarly fan.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six-Flags over Texas | Wooden Roller Coaster: Texas Giant | Steel Roller Coaster: Titan

thanks, as you can tell i'm new to the site