Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Thread: What was the last park you visited?

The last theme park that i went to was Busch Gardens Europe in Virginia. That was one of the best parks that ive ever been 2. It is so beautiful and it has such thrilling coasters it all adds up as one of the best parks that ive ever visited

Conneaut Lake Park - I visited another park that came back from the dead today. Freestyle Music Park was the other one this year. In 2007 that park was Ghost Town in the Sky.
    ThrillNetwork Editor - Originally: CHILLERLC1
    2001 - 10 Years of ThrillNetwork - 2011
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

Was at Wild Adventures today. I took my niece and my little cousin. I was wanting to try the Wahee Cyclone, which was a blast. Also the Cheetah is doing well, and I heard from an employee that they have bought new trains for her. He didn't know much about how to recognise different designs, but I described a PTC to him ( a kind of boxy style I told him) and he said they're some kind of open front design and said "They're like Lazy Boy recliners compared to the current trains" So maybe they're at least a more comfortable design, I just hope they don't kill the track like the G-Trains have been doing. They are handling the Cheetah with kid gloves it seems, only opening it after about 3:00pm. My guess is they are wanting to reduce the wear and tear on the refurbished track so it will be like new when the alleged new trains are added.

Hangman seems to be losing some of its uncharacteristic smoothness( for a Vekoma SLC), though I'm sure its just some wear and tear issues that may be fixed soon. Bommerang is still the same as it normally is, though I noticed a lot of new rollers on it.Overall the new company seems to be doing great with this park, hopefully they keep it up.
    "I'm going off the rails on a crazy train"

I guess I'm a OS X, Windows , Solaris 10 , Linux, and Unix fanboy. Did I miss any OS?
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Wild Adventures, Busch Gardens Europe | Wooden Roller Coaster: Starliner | Steel Roller Coaster: Big Bad Wolf

The Cheetah news was important. Somehow I lacked both Hangman and Cheetah from that park.
    Expedition GeForce Helix Phoenix Colossos Flug der Damonen Ravine Flyer II Dragon Khan Afterburn RoarOSaurus
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Each park in my area has its own vibe but SFGADV is my proud home park and favorite. | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Phoenix | Steel Roller Coaster: NITRO, Bizarro SFNE, Kumba, Mindbender

I visted Waldameer and Water World in Erie,PA on Sunday.You can read my trip report here
    Come And Visit Amusement Park Madness!

VOTE IN OUR LATEST POLL-BEST MAJOR ROLLER COASTER COMPANY!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: WDW:Magic Kingdom,Hollywood Studios,and Epcot | Wooden Roller Coaster: Mean Streak | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force/Top Thrill Dragster

I just went to Canobie Lake Park in Salem, NH. It's a nice small park with a couple of coasters and other flat rides.

Looping Poster
    The last park for me was Six Flags Fiesta Texas on Monday. Fun times.

Edit to add:
    Technically, I was at Schlitterbahn on Tuesday, also fun times, but I'm not sure if we're counting waterparks in this thread.
    Last edited by Redfoot12; 07-23-2009 at 05:45 PM.

TTD/MillenniumForce Jr. Poster raptorpoint93's Avatar
    Cedar Point, in June.
    Rollercoasters are my life, and so are B&M'S .
    Oh yeah, MF is awesome too.
    And TTD is great too.
    Ride on Ride Warriors.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force/Maverick

Gillian's Wonderland Park in Ocean City, NJ today where I got credit #350: Runaway Train. It wasn't there 5-6 years ago when I got the Schwarzkopf City Jet coaster. Quassy originally was supposed to be today but it got bumped to early August.

Jr. Poster
    I spent a couple of hours at Six Flags Great Adventure last night and got on Batman, Dark Knight, Skull Mountain, and Nitro (2 times). Then we went back this morning and got on El Toro (3 times), Rolling Thunder (both sides), Runaway Mine Train, Bizarro, Superman, Great American Scream Machinem, Fly Me to the Moon, and Parachute Training Center. We're about to go back for a few more hours tonight. It's time for some flats!!!

Ultra Poster
    Canobie Lake Park Salem NH. Nice day Heavy crowds. PTR coming soon.
    Michael C
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Canobie Lake Park Salom NH | Wooden Roller Coaster: Yankie Canonball Canobie lake park Salom NH | Steel Roller Coaster: Ming Bender SFOG

I had to dig really deep to find this thread from 2009. Today and yesterday 4/9-10 I visited my home park that had opened for the season: Six Flags Great Adventure!

Go Big Go Six Flags!

On the hunt for 400 Thunderhawk's Avatar
    Today, Six Flags Great Adventure, my homepark. My first visit since mid-summer 2009. Hope to visit a few times this year; re-upped the season pass.
    My hardest earned credit is The Legend at Holiday World, first ridden 5.19.2012, exactly 1399 days after my first visit to Holiday World.
    Next up: Beech Bend/Kentucky Kingdom/Kings Island/Cedar Point
    Favorites: Amusement Park: SFGAdv/Cedar Point/SFMM | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Ravine Flyer II, Outlaw Run, Prowler | Steel Roller Coaster: Bizarro @ SFNE, New Texas Giant, Iron Rattler

Today I opened up my 2011 Amusement Park season with a trip FINALLY to Phantasialand for the first time since 1998. Got quite a few rides on Germany's only B&M inverter, Black Mamba. The front row and rear row are clearly the best seats. Strangely, this fairly new ride has quite a rattle to it. Despite that, I still think it is awesome. There are so many close encounters with the wall that tall people will fear for their legs! Overall I would put it top 5 worthy out of all the B&M inverters out there I've been on. On a side note, 13 years later, Mystery Castle is STILL the best drop tower/space shot out there, IMHO. It isn't the fastest or the tallest, but you throw in a pitch black room and you got yourself one heckuva ride!
    ThrillNetwork Moderator(Originally known as Nitro Luvr)
    2014 Coaster Draft Selection - Shambhala - Katun - Troy - Superman / la Atracción de Acero - Nefeskesen - Mammut - Air - Big Thunder Mountain
    Proud mem**r of the 400 club!!!!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great Adventure, Six Flags Magic Mountain, and Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Thunderhead, Mammut, and Prowler | Steel Roller Coaster: Hyper-Nitro, Giga-Intimidator 305, LIM/LSM- bluefire, Inverted-Katun, Floorless-Kraken, Flying-Manta

Idlewild. Never make the mistake the first time of missing the Mr. Roger's Neighborhood Trolley Ride. Never. Redemption my second visit. Rollie Coaster is the awesome inspiration for Boulder Dash too.

Universal Studios Hollywood for the 1st time. Everything (except for Simpsons Ride, which was 15 min) was almost walk-on. Next stop: Disneyland from the 24th to the 27th this month.

Six Flags America, last Saturday. Next up is Darien Lake to complete the Superman hyper trio.
    My hardest earned credit is The Legend at Holiday World, first ridden 5.19.2012, exactly 1399 days after my first visit to Holiday World.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: SFGAdv/Cedar Point/SFMM | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Ravine Flyer II, Outlaw Run, Prowler | Steel Roller Coaster: Bizarro @ SFNE, New Texas Giant, Iron Rattler

Yeah that's not going to happen Thunderhawk. Ride of Steel is closed after someone fell out yesterday.
    ~Website Admin and Staff Director~

Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Intimidator 305

Cedar Point in June, next one will either be Cedar Point or skipping it and going straight to Conneaut Lake, followed by Waldameer.
    Thrillnetwork Database Lead Editor (formerly coasterb)

Don't forget to log your rides in the database!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ravine Flyer II | Steel Roller Coaster: Diamondback

Just spent a few hours at Kings Dominion this eventing. The park was pretty crowded so I didn't get a chance to try Intimidator yet this season.
    ThrillNetwork Tech Admin

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghost Rider | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

^How long would you say the line was? Visiting Saturday July 30th, night time only. Curious as to what I should expect.

My local Six Flags Great Adventure today. First park after turning 30. There's no other park to go to than your lifelong homepark.
    Last edited by Leo C; 07-16-2011 at 03:26 PM.

Last park I've been to? Adventuredome.....sigh.....

Six Flags Great Adventure: visit #1 of the 2012 season.

Freizeitpark Plohn. This weekend should be Legoland Deutschland and what will likely be my last amusement park in Germany too.
    ThrillNetwork Moderator(Originally known as Nitro Luvr)
    2014 Coaster Draft Selection - Shambhala - Katun - Troy - Superman / la Atracción de Acero - Nefeskesen - Mammut - Air - Big Thunder Mountain
    Proud mem**r of the 400 club!!!!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great Adventure, Six Flags Magic Mountain, and Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro, Thunderhead, Mammut, and Prowler | Steel Roller Coaster: Hyper-Nitro, Giga-Intimidator 305, LIM/LSM- bluefire, Inverted-Katun, Floorless-Kraken, Flying-Manta

Blackbeard's Cave, a FEC just outside of Seaside and Toms River in Bayville, NJ. The rides section was called Adventure Station.

Minetrain Poster
    Cedar Point, Memorial Day Weekend.

Dorney Park yesterday. In the last week: SFGADV, Coney Island, BGW, Dorney Park.

In the past week, Universal Studios Orlando, Islands of Adventure, SeaWorld, Busch Gardens Tampa, Aquatica, and Wet 'n Wild.
    205 coasters and counting...
    Travel Blog | Twitter | Facebook
    Favorites: Amusement Park: All of them | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Intimidator

Father's Day special at Kings Island.
    Thrillnetwork Database Lead Editor (formerly coasterb)

Don't forget to log your rides in the database!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ravine Flyer II | Steel Roller Coaster: Diamondback

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast