Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pcw 2007

Pcw 2007

Has anyone heard about any new additions for 2007? There still hasnt been any word of any additions mainly due to the Cedar Fair take over. I work at PCW and i heard that there will be a 4million dollar restaurant (unknown) located in Action Zone beside IJ next season with orbitor out and relocation of current shops around the location. Unfortunatly I have a feeling that this will probably be the only addition added next year.

Please post any rumours or comments.

Wow i would love a bubba gumps shrimp restaurant in PCW. They really need a sit down restaurant. But would they want to put a licensed restaurant named after a paramount film? Maybe for now since they have the licensing rites from the agreement.

Not sure about the wages going up. I would think they would stay the same or just adjust to the 8 dollar minimum wage next year. I just dont see cedar fair rushing to raise wages for seasonal managers and employees. its been the same for managers for the last 2 seasons.
    Last edited by Deanster; 09-20-2006 at 09:55 PM.

Has anyone else heard anything about what will be new in 2007?

The two things I've heard for next season is the water park expansion or nothing... I think nothing is the best bet.

On a side note, the Maxx Pass is apparently coming to PCW but in November.

Wow the Maxx pass prices are out and its only $89.99 cdn. Really great deal for all the parks in one.

Random Poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Deanster
    Has anyone else heard anything about what will be new in 2007?
    I heard we were gonna get nothing with a little bit of more nothing here and some nothing there.

^Yeah, incredible, isn't it?

I'm really surprised that none of the Paramount Parks announced anything yet. I was pretty sure at least PKI would have said something by now since they always have the craziest PR out of all of the PP.

I imagine we will see an announcement in October. Cedar Fair probably had to review the plans for 2007 before giving final approval....
    cheers

-p

http://www.myspace.com/pschroeder
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

I'm wondering about CF's plans for 07 cap ex at the paramount parks <PKD in particular>as well.

So far all we've heard outta CF is the Maverick & Renegade announcements but nothing yet for the other parks.

Im so use to the announcements in August about any new attraction for the next yr. I hate thinking there would be nothing new added to PCW or any other Paramount park in 2007.

There will be additions...I am just certain that the the CF purchase has caused some delay in the annoncements.

I am sure our patience will be rewarded :-)
    cheers

-p

Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Beast | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

I think they might get something small and I mean small if not nothing. The reason I think that is Cedar Fair is 2 Billion Dollars in debt after buying Paramount.
    GO Cubs!
    www.freewebs.com/rckingdom - My SiTe
    Last Theme Park - Castles N Coasters 9/4/2006
    Next Theme Park - Six Flags Magic Mountain 10/27/2006
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great America in Gurnee, IL | Wooden Roller Coaster: Viper @ SFGAm | Steel Roller Coaster: Raging Bull @ SFGAm

Well, nothing new next year means their attendance numbers will be hurting.

According to Screamscape, PGA and PKD are seeing waterpark additions. I wonder if the trend will continue.....
    cheers

-p

Well let's keep two things in mind here.

One:The paramount parks joined the CF chain kinda late in the game so there wasn't as much time to plan for cap ex<major new rides take months of planning to execute after all>.

Two: CF doesn't want to fall into the same trap that SF did when premiere aqquired the chain in 99 by dumping huge amounts of cap ex into the new properties & gaining only a short term ROI in the process which would cause their debt to skyrocket as a result.

^ Yup! But hey, we can hope. If CF goes Bankrupt...

Well, that would suck.

500th posted.
    o hai. i herd u liek mudkipz?
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point

on top of a mountain, four hours from any type of roller coaster
    I wouldn't mind some waterpark expansions. I'd love to see some new slides like a master blaster, a half pipe, or even a tornado.
    I just hope that Cedar Fair doesn't start charging extra admission into Splash Works.
    Dont get your hopes to high, remember carowinds "water park expansion", next to nothing. Just alot of Improvements and new names.
    "If Seeing is Believing, then Believe that we have Lost our Eyes"

- Andy Hull, Manchester Orchestra
    Favorites: Amusement Park: fjfjfjf

Now if PKD does any waterpark expansion I'd love to see them do so on the pipeline peak side behind rebel yell while simply removong what's left of the old waterpark in between anaconda & IJ:TC.

If they were to fill in what's left of lake charles they could potentially add quite a few decent rides to the grove/congo area of the park in the process.

Ultra Poster
    Towards what was mentioned before it really depends on weather Paramount planed on adding anything already. if they didn't chances are the park isn't getting anything. The bubo Gump restaurant isn't going to get me to travel to the park. so for me that seems of a waist of 4 million. SFNE's Pandemonium was that much.

The could however look through the parks for removed, in storage rides that could be added to PCW and other smaller parks in the chain.

Yeah bring back Zumba Flume!!
    cheers

-p

Haha i LOVED THAT RIDE

Bring back the apple turnover,vertigo,king kobra shuttle looper & the galaxi coaster.

Quote Originally Posted by BatwingFan SFA
    Bring back the apple turnover,vertigo,king kobra shuttle looper & the galaxi coaster.
    Those were never at PCW.......
    cheers

-p

When do u guys think they would announce anything if any?

I'd guess sometime in November with the Maxx Pass... again, that's if there's anything to say.

There will be no BubbaGumps, Johnny Rockets or TGIFridays coming to the Park for 2007.

However, Coasters and Midway Market...construction has already begun.

Two new restaurants is a very good thing for PCW. This past season with Backlot, food quality and options became much greater, and I was hoping for even more choice, looks like we will get it.

Random Poster
    Does anyone have pictures or any proof of construction?

Probably not since the Park is closed now, but construction began by The Orbitor during FearFest. They put up a temporary fence around the area, and upon looking through it, you could see them dismantling the old games area.

Looks like Construction has already begun on the new restaurant in Action Zone @ PCW. They have already started striping the Fool the Guesser and Foul Shot and have been begun digging around the area.
    I wonder what types of food and services the new restaurant will offer.

Variety isn't really a problem for the park when it comes to food, at least since the addition of Backlot.

... It's just the prices that need some adjustment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast