Thread: Ultimate Ride crashes when saving coasters

Ultimate Ride crashes when saving coasters

OK, let's see if anybody's still reading this forum

I saw a copy of Ultimate Ride really cheap on eBay so I bought it. It installs and appears to run fine on my system, but crashes every time I try to save a coaster I've designed. It saves a small file that will also crash the game if I try to load it. Does anyone have a clue what might be going on here? I have Windows XP Pro SP2 with DirectX 9 on an Intel Core 2 Duo and ATI Radeon X1300.

Banned
    I have Ultimate Ride and you are able to write over the disc for some reason because it's so old so someone may have copied a virus onto it.

You can't write over pressed CDs no matter how old they are, it's a different technology than CD-RW. Mine is definitely not a CD-RW either.

I'm the good looking one Steven's Avatar
    My best advice is to look for any patches.

Also, see if it looks like a CD-R (not a CD-RW)... reason I ask is it could be pirated.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum

Nope, not a CD-R, it's definitely a metal disc.

Any ideas where to look for patches or updates would be greatly appreciated. The disc packaging says there's a website at ultimateridegame.com, but that now redirects to disneystore.com which has no mention of that game that I can find.