Thread: Elitch's Gardens

Elitch's Gardens

I heard a rumor that the company that purchased Six Flags Elitch's Gardens will be permanently closing the park. Has anyone else heard anything about this?

Elitch* Gardens. I haven't heard such rumor, although I wouldn't be surprised...do you have any information or sources?
    Vedran

Six Flags Magic Mountain
    Summer '08!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Magic Mountain | Wooden Roller Coaster: Colossus | Steel Roller Coaster: Xcelerator, Tatsu

Its just a rumor. The City of Denver wants to keep it as a park. PARC 7F is planning on keeping their newly acquired purchases parks.

I wouldn't worry about it much. If it was to be torn down, they would have started already.
    escape
    Favorites: Amusement Park: SFGAdv | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

The park brings visitors and they bring money and there isn't any other major park in the area so it is unlikely they will close it.

Ultra Poster
    The purchasing Company will operate all the parks for a while as parks. after the contract period they will either sell close restructure of keep the properties as is.

So it is not closing.

Banned
    this was my first theme park. i'll be so sad if they close it =[
    it'll make me miss colorado more!

Here are two of the most recent updates regarding Elitch's:

Six Flags Elitch Gardens on sale for $170 million
    Six Flags Elitch Gardens characters laid off

The Denver Post had a few articles on the park when I interned there over the summer. The city doesn't want to get rid of it as a park, and the land is specifically zoned for a theme park. Some developers want to put condos and commercial there, but they'd have to rezone it, and that takes time.

Keeping it as a park is the best option for now, and there's at least one person/firm who's put a bid on the park.
    ThrillNetwork editor emeritus - NSCIGC member
    Voyage is the best coaster
    Raptor ride count - 1,160.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Holiday World, Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Raptor

Isn't that park land locked?
    Top Gun:The Jet Coaster at Paramount's Carowinds is the best invert yet!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Ghost Town In The Sky | Wooden Roller Coaster: Thunder Road | Steel Roller Coaster: Kumba

Pretty much. There's not much room to expand, at least it seems like it. One side has a river, the other has the Pepsi Center, and the rest is surrounded by the parking lot and train tracks.
    ThrillNetwork editor emeritus - NSCIGC member
    Voyage is the best coaster
    Raptor ride count - 1,160.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point, Holiday World, Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Raptor

I have a good friend who just got hired for as a manager for this summer, so if they are shutting down, it won't be this season.
    I like the Zingo a lot.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Magic Mountain | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Magnum (with no trims), and Phantom's Revenge