Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Elementary Coaster Contest!!

The cartexture should be fine, but I think the force limits should be low yellow gs in any direction.
    AP Classes are so worth it...
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghost Rider | Steel Roller Coaster: Maverick

The original Maverick since 99 CP Maverick's Avatar
    Thanks! To get the effects of the cartextures, they need to be copied into the No Limits "cartextures" folder.

Without further hesitation, I present Jackal

Enjoy!
    Holy CoW! - another NoLimits project

RIP Geauga Lake 1888-2007
    F CF
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Beast (Kings Island) | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force (Cedar Point)

That makes 3 entries. Judges, email me your scores, and I will average them with mine.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghost Rider | Steel Roller Coaster: Maverick

Any word from willski2002, J-Tech, GaleRazorwind, or tle@uwm?

F CF
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Beast (Kings Island) | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force (Cedar Point)

Carowinds Hater Poster coasterman1234's Avatar
    ^Yeah, any updates? The coaster must be uploaded in 3 days.

There may be an exception to this rule (if needed), but a penalty will be in place if you turn a design in late.
    Boycott Carowinds 2009!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point & Six Flags Great Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Kingda Ka & Goliath (SFOG)

Rollercoaster Trip VI Poster! GaleRazorwind's Avatar
    Yeah, count me out. I haven't been able to come up with anything good. My spark just never ignited the fuel of my creativity... Plus I have been at work and in training for my 2nd degree black belt test next saturday.
    ^EL TORO^ RULES!!!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

Brooklyn Center, Minnesota, United States
    I will be waiting until there is one post with all the tracks in it so I can download them without an issue and rate them. Or people can PM them to me.

Originally known as Topdrag; Coaster Count: 309 Renegade Count: 846
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Europe | Wooden Roller Coaster: Boulder Dash | Steel Roller Coaster: Superman: Ride of Steel (SFNE)

What are the FVD formulas and where can I get them? I was just starting to figure out HSAK too...
    ^EL TORO^ RULES!!!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

Quote Originally Posted by GaleRazorwind View Post
    What are the FVD formulas and where can I get them?
    Force Vector Design formulas found here:

http://www.thrillnetwork.com/boards/...ad.php?t=41282

F CF

I'm going to go ahead an post a link post, if anyone posts their coaster afterwards, I'll add it. If anyone posts there coaster late, the judges will have to decide on a point deduction, or to not accept them at all.

Jackal - CP Maverick
    Paranoia - Emann
    Adrenaline - Coasterman1234
    Boycott Carowinds 2009!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point & Six Flags Great Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Kingda Ka & Goliath (SFOG)

^^ wow that stuff looks really complicated, but totally awesome.
    ^EL TORO^ RULES!!!

I have a question for either coasterman1234 or go_me whichever one knows was the coaster required to be submitted by today or are we still excepting them until today is over at midnight?

I am your substitute god willski2002's Avatar
    Ehhh, I got nothing that will fit in the cylinder. I got focused on this GG style woodie and haven't put it down since. It's of course mostly FVD with some HSAK, but it doesn't fit the template. Sorry.

http://www.nolimitsdevcenter.net/p3727

The coaster...
    Quote Originally Posted by PCW Maniac
    What I'm posting is saying how brave I am and that I don't care about rules! If I lose my camera while making a POV, at least I'll lose it for something.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: Raven/Legend | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force

Whenever. I was thinking about extending the deadline to get more entries. But there will be a small penalty for late entries.

*Edit: The deadline has been semi-extended. There is no set deadline, but the longer you wait, the more poits you lose. The penalty is 1 point/week late. The first week starts TOMORROW morning at 12:01 AM. That means that if you don't upload your coaster by tonight at midnight, you will be docked a point off of your final score. *JUDGES PLEASE DON'T TAKE POINTS OFF OF YOUR INDIVIDUAL SCORES*
    Last edited by go_me; 08-01-2007 at 03:39 PM.

Are the judges going to go ahead and rate the 3 entries now, and just rate the others when and if they come in. Also, are they going to post the full ratings in this thread or have someone average them all and then just post the number ratings?
    Boycott Carowinds 2009!

^Yeah I have the same question as you, and also when is the time limit for late entries.

Why don't you find out IF there are other entries in the contest before you extend the deadline?

F CF

When are these going to be judged? I want to know who won!
    ^EL TORO^ RULES!!!

Well, I would hope the 3 current entries have already been judged. With that said, are there even any other people entering? It seems they extended the deadline without finding out if anyone else was submitting anything.

F CF

My coaster was coming out great, but supports were taking too long and there was no way i could complete within a reasonable amount of time.
    Check out 007: The Ride, a thrilling indoor coaster: http://www.thrillnetwork.com/speedzo....php?file=2443
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Six Flags Great Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Superman: Ride of Steel

Well, it seems like nobody else is entering the contest late.

^ That's the way it is looking. So should we start the judging?

Brooklyn Center, Minnesota, United States
    Being that I am going on vacation in a week I don't know if I will have time to judge this week or next since I will be gone. Because of this I will not be an official judge but will still judge and give feedback to the tracks that where entered.

Originally known as Topdrag; Coaster Count: 309 Renegade Count: 846
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Europe | Wooden Roller Coaster: Boulder Dash | Steel Roller Coaster: Superman: Ride of Steel (SFNE)

Alan. Why didn't you judge back when you asked for the single post with all the entries. There aren't going to be any more of them.

F CF

Well, it looks like these are the only participants:
    coasterman1234
    Emann
    CP Maverick

So who are the judges?:
    Timbersman ?
    Alan J ?
    Skiergirl77 ?
    apsterling ?
    go_me ?[/QUOTE]

F CF

^Yeah, c'mon guys it's already August 11th; I really doubt anyone else will enter.

^^ I'm confused about what Alan J is doing about judging but all the others you have listed are official judges to the best of my knowledge. I don't think any one else will enter either I'm just waiting for the go ahead before I start posting my ratings.

Has the whole judging situation been figured out? I'm guessing results won't be here before I leave for vegas....

I sent go_me a PM and haven't heard anything back from him. I'm gonna just kinda forget this was a contest by the time they announce it... lmao

F CF

Ok, the contest is now OFFICIALLY CLOSED to any further entries. Judges get you scores to me ASAP, and I'll average them. Good luck to all entries, and sorry to any of you that wanted to enter but didn't have the time. There may be another one in the future.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast