Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Too fat to ride!

Thanks for all the answers. I have one more for you that is not about weight. How do you get the pictures on your posts but all I can get is a stupid piece of track? I thought it would say to download but so far I can't find that option. Tomorrow is Thursday when I weigh in. I always am scared I have gone the other direction or it will only be like one pound. We will see in less than 24 hours. I really want to be in the low 30's that would be great and on schedule.

A Great Guy...Really jimhamblin's Avatar
    It sounds like your doing it right. However, when you are new, there are only certain avatars available to you. And they are all stupid pieces of track. After you have a certain number of posts you will get more choices. One of which is the ability to upload a custom avatar. I can't remember how many posts that you need.
    Jim says; "The Potential energy of the system at the height of the lift hill is equal to the Kinetic energy at the bottom of the hill...."
    Jim's friends say; "Just shut up and ride it would you."
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Islands of Adventure - Universal Orlando | Wooden Roller Coaster: The Voyage - Holiday World | Steel Roller Coaster: Millenium Force - Cedar point

I wondered if that was it. I am not stupid on a computer but I also don't know it all either. Thanks for the help.

Today is Thursday the day I weigh in. I am at 336 1/2 today. That means that I have lost so far 41 1/2 pounds. My goal is to be in the 320's by next week Thursday. I thank God for his help and thank you guys for all the support. If I stay on this path I will be at 263 when I go to SFGA on the 27th of August! I can ride Borg at 265 per the web site.

Good luck to you!

I myself am trying to lose some weight recently after letting mself go this past year, last week I started to get back into the habit of running every dayand hopefully I can be fit and trim again pretty soon.

Resident Haunt Fanatic Woodie4-07's Avatar
    What works better? Exercise, or eating healthy?
    Your leading source to Valleyfair!
    HAUNT - MCBS ~ BCC - CACI ~ MA - CE ~ HSF ~ CDD - 2010
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Knott's Berry Farms | Wooden Roller Coaster: Renegade | Steel Roller Coaster: Xcelerator

I think it depends on how big you are. For me I really let myself get to big to be honest. I am a big guy anyway and I really let it get away from me. If you are big like I was/am just cutting your calories will make you loose fast. once I get to say about 275 or so it will come off a lot slower if I am not exercising. I think in my opinion it is healthy to do both. I am lifting weights again but am doing high reps and low weight just to get the fat a burning.

Looping Poster
    Just wanted to contribute to the discussion. I've sent messages back and forth with Wes on another forum and just wanted to talk about my battle of the bulge. I've been up and down myself the last few years with my weight. In Jan '06 I was at 295 and got down to 260 in April of the same year. I was able to fit on all the rides at BG, SFOG, KD, and SFA (although I got turned away from Superman: Ride of Steel but was able to finally ride it after I took off my shoes) throughout the summer but stopped eating well and exercising. By the fall I had definitely put on 20-30 pounds and I had some tight fits on Incredible Hulk and Dueling Dragons for my Florida trip that November. I weighed in at 305 in January and topped out at 316 in late March. I've been exercising and eating better since March and have come down to 288. I still got denied a ride on Apollo's in late May. My overall goal is to get down to around 215 so I have about 75 pounds to go. A good book to read is Body for Life by Bill Phillips.

I was wondering what people's heights are. I'm close to 6'2 and although my ideal weight should be in the 173-195 range I think that's too low for my body type.

I am at abut 5"10. If I am at 220-250 I would be just right for my build.

Quote Originally Posted by tofattoride View Post
    I am at abut 5"10. If I am at 220-250 I would be just right for my build.
    Not to be mean or anything, but are you sure?

I am about 6' and weigh 180 and should be topping out about 200 lbs once I "fill out".

Regardless, whatever weight goal you set for yourself its better than what you had before! (Unless you're trying to gain weight...)
    Thornton to Heatley all day, every day.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Mean Streak | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

Mean Streak fan #337 DemonHunter4337's Avatar
    I want to say congrats to everyone on this board who is losing or is struggling to lose weight. I find it kind of hard myself. I am currently 320 down from 337 last November. I can fit on almost every coaster at Geauga Lake except Thunder hawk and Dominator which is very close I can get the two parts of the seat belt almost fastened. However Cedar Point is differant I can't fit on Raptor, Wicked Twister, Maverick but that one is really close. I am looking for tips becasue I would like to be down to either 300-275 by the end of the Season (meaning September/October)
    ThrillNetwork Honorary Staff Member
    Daniel T. Miller: 1981-2007
    Peace,Love,Life!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Big Dipper | Steel Roller Coaster: Raptor

I'm about 5'7" (Now) and I weigh just over 105, but occasionally, I have the opposite problem, though I can ride. My issue is that I usually can't get the restraint down to touch me- Zero-G heaven for me.

Though Intamin's are always very comfortable for me.
    o hai. i herd u liek mudkipz?
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point

Carowinds Hater Poster coasterman1234's Avatar
    I'm 6' 2" and around 190. I don't have any trouble getting in rides except for my height which causes me to be crammed in a lot of things, especially wooden coaster trains (its not uncommon for my knees to be pressed against the front of the car). That's one of the many reasons I love B&Ms... big trains .
    Boycott Carowinds 2009!
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point & Six Flags Great Adventure | Wooden Roller Coaster: El Toro | Steel Roller Coaster: Kingda Ka & Goliath (SFOG)

Quote Originally Posted by Kyle L View Post
    Not to be mean or anything, but are you sure?

I am about 6' and weigh 180 and should be topping out about 200 lbs once I "fill out".

Regardless, whatever weight goal you set for yourself its better than what you had before! (Unless you're trying to gain weight...)

Know not mean at all I understand it is weird. The best way I can prove it is to say for a short time in my life I was in the military. In boot camp I had to be 186 to ship. I starved myself for a long time and was so weak but I shipped. half way thru boot camp I was up to around 220 and looked great. I am a big person. I am also fat right now but at 220 - 250 I would be great.

That book mentioned above (Body for Life) is a really good book. The company that Bill Phillips is involved with, EAS has some good supplements too.

I'm 5'11" and my weight has jumped around quite a bit over the years. My highest weight was just ealier his year at 261. Right now, I'm about 235 and feeling good. I have a few pics of myself on Myspace so you can get an idea what I look like. www.myspace.com/movie_game_man Most of the pics are from within the last year to year and a half.

I've been working out very hard and gaining a lot of muscle. So while I've lost nearly 30 pounds, I've probably lost closer to 40 pounds of fat and gained maybe 10 pounds or more of muscle. I dot have a set goal for how much I want to weight but I don't want to be too "light". I like being on the heavier side and being a bigger guy. I'd be happy being a ripped 225. My abs are starting to show and that's a big goal of mine.

I'll have to do the "At home Millennium Force seatbelt test" soon but I should be ok now. The last few years, I've always got myself down to 225 and fit on both Millennium Force and Top Thrill Dragster with a few spare inches. And that was while just eating healthy, not actually working out. My trip to Cedar Point is in early August. I can't wait!
    YOUR HATRED AMUSES ME
    Favorites: Amusement Park: 1. Cedar Point 2. SFGAm 3. Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1. The Voyage 2. Viper 3. The Boss 4. Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: 1. Millennium Force 2. Top Thrill Dragster 3. Maverick 4. Raging Bull 5. Raptor

Well hello!

I'm almost back home. I'm at my final hotel south of Pittsburgh (after a great visit to Kennywood with Katie).

I am very happy to report that I was able to fit on Millie, Dragster AND Wicked Twister.

I had to have help each time, but nothing terribly bad. But I was very happy that I fit.

I'll put it this way, if you can't wear a 38 jeans, then you're probably NOT going to fit on either of the Intamin's. But the kicker is that it's not so much your waist as your thighs, and mine are still big.

Anyway, Dragster was a blast and I sure was glad I was strapped in!

I'll report more when I get home. For now, that's all folks.
    Intimidator Ride Count - 313

Proud Mem**r of the 200 Club! - Current Count - 203

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

great job man!

Great job Wes, it sounds like you must've had a great time there. Did you do a trip report? I'll have to look for it.
    YOUR HATRED AMUSES ME
    Favorites: Amusement Park: 1. Cedar Point 2. SFGAm 3. Kings Island | Wooden Roller Coaster: 1. The Voyage 2. Viper 3. The Boss 4. Shivering Timbers | Steel Roller Coaster: 1. Millennium Force 2. Top Thrill Dragster 3. Maverick 4. Raging Bull 5. Raptor

^ Not yet. Just got home last night at 8:00.

I'll get one up sometime, after some more sleep. lol

I've got about 600 photos to look through and upload.

Coaster Draft 2014 Selections - Nitro - Balder - Thunderhead - Montu - X2 - Lightning Run - X-Flight - Kumba - Manta - Verbolten
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Busch Gardens Williamsburg | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: #1- Nitro #2- Intimidator

Well it's that time of week again. I was a little sad by todays weigh in but I thank God it is still coming off. I lost only 4 1/2 pounds this week. I am down to 332 so I have 62lbs and like 68 days to go. I hated that I was not in the 320's as planned but I will keep trying and I am going to work extra hard this week in order to get to the teens as soon as I can. My goal is to be at 299 by 7/19/07. If I can reach small goals that will be good and I will put this week behind me and carry on Lord willing! My long term goal is to be between 200 and 215 by Christmas day!

62 lbs in 68 days? Sounds like you're doing great! That's less than a pound a day! Good luck my fellow coaster lover!
    AP Classes are so worth it...
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Ghost Rider | Steel Roller Coaster: Maverick

I'm the good looking one Brian F's Avatar
    A town called Big Nothing (Really Big Nothing)
    Keep going, toofattoride. Keep going. You didn't put the weight on in a week, it won't all go in a week. Some weeks you'll lose more than others. Some weeks, you may not lose any, as your metabolism tries to fight what you're doing. Just keep doing what you already know is right, and it will catch back up with you.

I'm really glad to hear of your progress. I'll even grab pompoms and cheer, if you think it will help
    ThrillNetwork Lead Moderator
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Holiday World | Wooden Roller Coaster: Voyage | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force or Magnum- tough call.

All that walking paid off at Cedar Point for me. I lost like 5-6 lbs on vacation.

Too bad I can't do that every week. LOL

Thanks Guys!
    I just went for a 5 mile walk up and down one of our local "mountains". I know this may seem like a lot but I am just about determined to skip the 320's all together. I want to be in the 3teens on my next weigh in. Just a note. I will not be weighing in on this Thursday as normal because I have a big job to do that day on the other side of town. I will be weighing in on Friday. Not that you guys sit holding your breath every Thursday but I didn't want anyone to think I fell off the wagon either. Lord willing I will reach my goal soon. Question, how can I upload pictures to this site? I wanted to put up before and after pics as I go. Also so you can look and say if you think I will have any issues at BG or SFGA.

^ You have to go into the advance mode (Go Advanced button) and add them as attachments.

Resident Haunt Fanatic Woodie4-07's Avatar
    I wear size 38 by 32 so I hope I'll be able to fit into the rides at CP. I only weigh in about the upper 100's.
    Your leading source to Valleyfair!
    HAUNT - MCBS ~ BCC - CACI ~ MA - CE ~ HSF ~ CDD - 2010
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Knott's Berry Farms | Wooden Roller Coaster: Renegade | Steel Roller Coaster: Xcelerator

/\ OK, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Wes View Post
    All that walking paid off at Cedar Point for me. I lost like 5-6 lbs on vacation.

Too bad I can't do that every week. LOL
    Maybe you could bike to work? Save gas, lose weight...

And for those hippies out there, pollute less.
    Thornton to Heatley all day, every day.
    Favorites: Amusement Park: Cedar Point | Wooden Roller Coaster: Mean Streak | Steel Roller Coaster: Millennium Force

^ Uh no. The only way I'd bike to work in Charlotte is if I had a death wish.

I used to bike to the bus and then catch the bus, but it's so much hassle. But I'm seriously thinking about doing it again. It's just so hard to get these legs going at 6:15 in the morning.

I'm biking 5-10 miles about 3 times a week. This week was heavy and I rode about 4 days I think. My abs are so sore from my workout last night (bike and weights).

I have my own pressure washing business and pulling a large trailer with a 330 gallon water tank is probably not going to happen on a bike. I wish I could but looks like I am out on that idea as well

Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast